PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition I Voting Thread

Tanuki Tales
2012-03-31, 11:30 PM
{table=head]Entry|Author|Votes|MLTSP Votes

Pack Master (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12826225&postcount=6)|BelGareth|0|0

Swarmlord (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12831493&postcount=7)|Tarvon000|0|0

Worm-Eaten Collective (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12835298&postcount=8)|Golden Ladybug|1|0

Theg (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12839824&postcount=9)|Kane0|2|3

Spider Blood Assassin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12847692&postcount=10)|Milo V3|3|3

Bastinoi (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12877667&postcount=11)|Mulletmanalive|0|0[/table]

Welcome one and all to the Voting thread for the first Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition! We have six wonderful entries for you to peruse over and only one will end up taking home the gold!

Now, the way the voting for this competition works is as follows:

You receive two votes to cast.
The first vote is to be given to the entry that you believe should win this competition. Keep in mind that such a choice should go to the entry that you believe fits most closely to the given concept of the contest and not just the entry you like the most.
The second vote is to be given to the entry that you believe is "Most Likely to See Play". This vote is cast for the entry that you could see yourself allowing as a DM or you could see yourself wanting to and being allowed to play at an actual game session by your DM.
You may apply both votes to the same entry, but doing this does not better the chances of that entry winning anymore than if you selected two separate entries.
Once you make your vote, that's final. You can not take it back or change it. The first vote I see and tally on the scoreboard is how it will be until the end of the voting period.
Entrants are allowed to vote and can vote for their own entries if they so wish.
Please give reasoning for why you selected an entry as the recipient of either of your votes.
Please Bold your choice for each vote.
In the case of any ties I will cast the tiebreaker vote.

The voting will remain open through April 7th and the winners will be declared April 8th.

Kane0
2012-04-01, 12:33 AM
Vote: Spider Blood Assassin. Simple and flavorful, it is a nice mix of the familiar (Rogue/Assassin) with new ideas and mechanics without making it needlessly complex. Very well rounded, versatile and creative.

Most Likely to see play: Theg. Due to sheer simplicity, as well as flavorful feel. No new concepts but remains versatile and you can tell what they are good at. May feel like it is limited to the Forgotten Realms setting, but is easily transferable into any campaign with little fiddling around.
But then again I wrote this one up, so it probably doesn't matter what I say about it :smallwink:

Golden Ladybug
2012-04-01, 01:48 AM
Vote: Worm-Eaten Collective Theg: Kane0's Theg is the entry that I feel fits the contest best. The racial fluff is interesting, and the description of their attitudes and mannerisms is quite fun. The sentence about attacking nearby Historians brought a smile to my face, as well :smallsmile:

Most Likely to See Play: Worm-Eaten Collective Theg: Once again, it fits the concept well and provides a solid base for both roleplay and character building. They provide solid abilities and are fairly simple to get your head around, and have no major barriers to interacting with other player characters (unlike the Bastinoi, who can't speak in normal languages and would likely try to eat everyone, or the Worm-Eaten Collective, who would try to turn other PCs into part of her Horde :smallbiggrin:). A fun, rich race that has lots of potential.

I was going to vote for myself, but I would've felt bad about it

Milo v3
2012-04-01, 02:01 AM
Competition Vote - Worm Eaten Collective
This prestige class is very flavourful and its mechanics seem sound. The Collective constantly gives off a creepy vibe not only because of their ability to manipulate creatures into becomes drones, but also because of the insects within the body of the collective. In addition the Crown Worms seem like a reference to several real athropods which go into a creature with the purposes of eating and then laying eggs within, after which the babies eat their way out.

Most Likely To See Play - Theg
I really like the flavour and it is rare to see a balanced insectoid race, especially one that shares experience. Also I like how it seems to be a homage to the Geth, but is different enough to be its own true entity completely seperate from the Geth.

Mathias1313
2012-04-01, 07:52 AM
Competition Vote - Spider Blood Assasin

Most Likely to See Play: Spider Blood Assasin

I think the class as a whole is thematically well done as well as mechanically.

Tanuki Tales
2012-04-01, 09:04 AM
Votes tallied to here.

carborundum
2012-04-02, 04:53 PM
Vote Theg
Most Likely to See Play: Spider Blood Assassin

Love them both. I am thinking about replacing all the Yuan-ti in my Savage Tide campaign with spider-bood assassins and derivatives. The Theg, though i may never use them, are just wicked!

Tanuki Tales
2012-04-04, 11:19 AM
Votes tallied to here.

Lejosh
2012-04-05, 08:04 AM
Competition Vote - Spider Blood Assasin

Most Likely to See Play: Spider Blood Assasin

I like this class because it is well written and i enjoy a creative and well thoughout class. I mean, how many people would have thought of making a spider part of a class? And the ability to use webs and an exoskeleton feature just add to the greatnes of it. This would be a class i would consider playing.

Tanuki Tales
2012-04-05, 05:06 PM
Votes tallied to here.

Tanuki Tales
2012-04-07, 06:49 AM
Last Day to vote everyone.

Tanuki Tales
2012-04-07, 10:31 PM
About 30 minutes left folks.

Tanuki Tales
2012-04-08, 10:34 AM
Voting is closed and congratulations to those who won!

1st Place - Spider Blood Assassin

2nd Place - Theg

3rd Place - Worm-Eaten Collective

Most Likely to See Play - Theg