PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted Comic] Chorus of the Neverborn

Recaiden
2012-03-31, 11:31 PM
For anyone who might care and doesn't know, Chorus of the Neverborn (http://www.neverborncomic.com/), is another Exalted webcomic out there, and this one is not in any visible way derived from this here Order of the Stick. It's got non stick figure art, its own website, and all.

It updates every Wednesday, although once in a while that update's just a sketch. It's been going on since 2009, and accumulated quite a few pages. The characters are entertaining, the art is wonderful, the deathlords are adorable.

Worth a read.

I figure that while it's slow-paced, it might be worth a webcomic discussion page here along with the other Exalted comics we know of.

Weimann
2012-04-01, 08:41 AM
I've long been meaning to read this, but I've never gotten around to it. I'll really have to get down to it one of these days. :smalltongue:

Weimann
2012-04-01, 04:28 PM
Well, I'll be damned, I read it.

It's certainly a step away from the otherwise rather standard genre of RPG comedy with varying levels of meta knowledge. The art is really solid, and while I can see quirks in it, I agree that it can actually be considered to carry to comic. Some pages are incredibly ominous and atmospheric.

The characters and their traits are hinted at rather than described in detail. I can't say I know them, but I'm sure that's the point. They do have some rather horrible depths to plumb, the lot of them. I must also say that I'm very impressed with the depiction of a Wyld barbarian in the more recent pages. Solid piece of work.

I really think I could get into this comic if it weren't for the fact that it frankly is abominably slow. I mean, the art takes time, and they don't make a cent off it, I can understand that they can't devote more than so much of their life to this. But fact remains, I read through 2.75 years of updates in an hour. A schedule of 1 update per week, coupled with rather short pages where not much happens in each, this is a comic I wouldn't be able to stay updated on.

Good comic, but wrong medium.

Justyn
2012-04-01, 06:24 PM
Well, I'll be damned, I read it.

It's certainly a step away from the otherwise rather standard genre of RPG comedy with varying levels of meta knowledge. The art is really solid, and while I can see quirks in it, I agree that it can actually be considered to carry to comic. Some pages are incredibly ominous and atmospheric.

The characters and their traits are hinted at rather than described in detail. I can't say I know them, but I'm sure that's the point. They do have some rather horrible depths to plumb, the lot of them. I must also say that I'm very impressed with the depiction of a Wyld barbarian in the more recent pages. Solid piece of work.

I really think I could get into this comic if it weren't for the fact that it frankly is abominably slow. I mean, the art takes time, and they don't make a cent off it, I can understand that they can't devote more than so much of their life to this. But fact remains, I read through 2.75 years of updates in an hour. A schedule of 1 update per week, coupled with rather short pages where not much happens in each, this is a comic I wouldn't be able to stay updated on.

Good comic, but wrong medium.

Expanding on my forebearer: Then there are pages like the one that went up this week: no text, not even any sound effects, it literally took me less than 5 seconds to get through it.

At this point, I'm only reading the comic because I'm a fan of Exalted, it's not like Keychain of Creation, which actually attracted people who knew nothing about Exalted (myself included when I read it), this comic requires you to know a lot about the setting of Exalted for it all to make sense.

Ultimately, this comic is hampered by having the pacing of a print serial, but the update schedule of one page a week. And sadly, weaker reasons than that have killed stronger series.