PDA

View Full Version : Twinned Body Outside Body

AvalonŽ
2012-04-01, 07:11 AM
I'm playing an artificer in an epic tristalt game and I was wondering what would happen if you use Metamagic Item to add Twin Spell to a staff with Body Outside Body?

Would you gain twice the number of clones or would the first set get cancelled by the second set?

shadow_archmagi
2012-04-01, 02:10 PM
I'm playing an artificer in an epic tristalt game and I was wondering what would happen if you use Metamagic Item to add Twin Spell to a staff with Body Outside Body?

Would you gain twice the number of clones or would the first set get cancelled by the second set?

It appears that you'd just get double the clones, since it's already designed to give you a swarm of weaker selves there isn't a "You can't do this more than once" clause.

OracleofSilence
2012-04-01, 02:19 PM
I can't really see the point to be honest. To my knowledge, the best use of body outside body is cooperative spell boosting for incantatrix, and you really only need 2 copies for that.

However, yes, it would give you double weaker selves, making it just a little better then twinned mirror image.

AvalonŽ
2012-04-01, 11:46 PM
I'll be using it in a tri-stalt game so I have the other two sides to pick up the slack.

Thing is, it only forbids your clones from using spells. Maneuvers, innate abilities, etc. are all fair game.

SirFredgar
2012-04-01, 11:51 PM
Can they activate magic items? Cause that would be handy

AvalonŽ
2012-04-02, 12:19 AM
Sadly no. Though I have some ideas for an "And I'll Form the Head!" type shenanigans.