PDA

View Full Version : Amber Amulet of Vermin...

SetArk
2012-04-01, 11:43 AM
Guys i've allready known the errata... I've seen it but there's one thing that stills bugging me...

The cost..
700 GP for an Large Monstrous Scorpion , one time per day.. Expecially with the spell Giant Vermin been cast by an level 10 druid/cleric/dreadnecro...
I've tested ALL the formulas for magic itens that i known <http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm>
And none of then got to the 700GP cost of this item.. Anyone know the right formula? Or this item is "Unique" formula?
So?

<And finding the errata helped.. LOT>

Ernir
2012-04-01, 01:53 PM
This item doesn't directly replicate a spell or provide a simple +N bonus, so it probably doesn't follow any formula at all.

SetArk
2012-04-01, 02:19 PM
The greatest problem is.. on magic of faerun<Itens origins> the item is an one-shot thing...
On magic item compendium its an one day thing.. And on the top of it.. The description of the effect is, that u shatter the item and the vermin that is traped inside it, enlarges and stuff..
That's another issue that i've got.. If u shatter the item, how can this be an mult time item xD

Zaq
2012-04-01, 03:05 PM
As of the MIC version, if memory serves (my book's not open), you don't shatter it. You just invoke it from the item. If it still says you shatter it, I dunno, magic!

But yeah, very few of the items in the MIC follow the formulas (such as they are) laid out in the DMG. Honestly, this is a good thing—the MIC is one of the books that really understood how 3.5 balance does and does not work. Yes, a Healing Belt costs the same as a Potion of Cure Serious Wounds, but that's intentional, since MIC items are priced according to what they do, not how they're made.

awa
2012-04-01, 06:49 PM
i believe the magic item compendium actually comes out and says they changed up the prices becuase a lot of items are so badly mispriced no one in their right minds would ever buy one.