PDA

View Full Version : Hero of Time: please help me balance

20percentcooler
2012-04-01, 08:15 PM
Hero of Time
Alignment: any good
Hit die: d8
Skill Points: (3+int mod) times 4 at 1st. 3+int/level after first
Special Requirements: Must be presented by the gods with a holy sword *bestowing this class. Cha 13. Must be aged 17-30. *Hero of Time can retire, however, and retain powers indefinitely upon completion of her quest.
Class Skills: Balance, Climb, Handle Animal, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Perform, Ride, Search, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, Swim, Tumble, Use Magic Device, Use Rope
Class features:
Proficiency: Swords, Bows, Boomerang, Heavy Hammers. *Light armor only.
Masterful Sword- At first level, a Hero of Time is magically linked to a special weapon which grants him his powers. *Every 4th after after 1, it gains a magical enhancement bonus.
Fairy Familiar- At first level, a Hero of Time gains a fairy familiar with special powers and limitations. *It cannot fight or leave the Hero of Time's side. *It has a +5 racial bonus on any Knowledge check. *At 4th level, it can cast Cure Light wounds once per day at a caster level of 4. *At 8th level, Cure Moderate Wounds, *at 14th, Serious, and 19th, Critical. *Fairy can speak, and has an telepathic link with the hero.
Not-so-giant's wallet: *A true servant of the gods, the Hero of Time cannot possess currency equivalents of more than 500gp at any given time. *(Not including item values)
Sword Spin-Starting at second level, a limited number of times per day, the Hero of Time can execute a spinning attack, striking every creature adjacent to him in a clockwise or counterclockwise order, as he chooses. *He makes only one attack roll at a +2 bonus. *The attack is indiscriminate, and friendly creatures can be hit, too. *Can be done *two/day at fifth level, three/day at eighth level, four/day at eleventh level, five/day at fourteenth level, *ten/day at seventeenth level, and infinite/day at twentieth level.
Blessed Instrument- Hero of Time gains the ability to have his songs produce Spell-like effects. *These Songs take 5 rounds (30 seconds) to perform, and must be completed for effects. *Summon Rain- At third level, a song can produce season-appropriate precipitation with the following characteristics (roll a d20: 1-5, light shower; 6-15, average rainstorm; 16-18, torrential downpour; 19-20, thunderstorm/blizzard) Hero of Time cannot control the storm once summoned. *Charm- At seventh level, playing this song for someone makes them like you. *Heal/Mend- This song takes 30 minutes. *The person to be healed must be still and enter a deep state of relaxation. *It can be used as many times as the Hero of Time wants, but can only restore 30 hit points per day. *It can also mend non-magical items, in the normal "casting" time. *Twelfth level. * Day/Night- at fifteenth level, Hero of Time can use this supernatural ability to essentially toggle AM/PM. Does not actually skip forward or backward in time. *Localized to area roughly the size of a town. *People do not notice, however, unless they make a DC 20 will save.
Age Shift- From seventh level, a Hero of Time may change into the form of herself as a child age 13 or below. *The Hero of Time must select what age she wants her child form to be before the first time she uses this ability and this age cannot be changed. *The child form retains the mind, skills and class feautres of the hero, but is subject to a -2 to Strength and a -2 to Con.
Dante's Fireball- At sixth level, once per day, A Hero of Time may center a Fireball attack on himself. *The Hero of Time, and only he, is immune to fire damage from this attack. *Note: any fires caused by this attack may harm him still. *Otherwise, this spell-like ability functions exactly as a normal fireball spell with the character's Hero of Time levels being used as the caster level.
Favorable Warp- At eighth level,once per day, a Hero of Time may teleport from her current location to a location she has marked with this spell. *Marking can be done as many times per day as the Hero of Time wants, and is a free action. *
Nearly Love- At tenth level, once per day, the Hero of Time can use the spell-like ability, as a move action. *It grants the Hero of Time damage reduction /5. *Its effects last 3 rounds.
Silver Linings- At level 19, the Hero of Time gains DR/2.
I had all of this in a grid, so BAB and saves would be hard to transfer, but here it is as best as I can. Saves are listed after BAB in the following order: fort, reflex, will
1st: +0,+0,+2,+0
2nd:+1, +0,+3,+0
3rd:+2,+1,+3,+1
4th:+3,+1,+4,+1
5th:+3,+1+4+1
6th:+4,+2+5+2
7th:+5,+2,+5,+2
8th:+6/+1,+2,+6,+2
9th:+6/+1,+3,+6,+3
10th:+7/+2,+3,+7,+3
11th:+8/+3,+3,+7,+3
12th:+9/+4,+4,+8,+4
13th:+9/+4,+4,+8,+4
14th:+10/+5,+4,+9,+4
15th:+11/+6/+1,+5,+9,+5
16th:+12/+7/+2,+5,+10,+5
17th:+12/+7/+2,+5,+10,+5
18th:+13/+7/+3,+6,+11,+6
19th:+14/+8/+4+6,+11,+6
20th:+15/+10/+5,+6,+12,+6

The Mentalist
2012-04-01, 08:54 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313

This has fillable table code that will help you immensely.

"Masterful Sword- At first level, a Hero of Time is magically linked to a special weapon which grants him his powers. *Every 4th after after 1, it gains a magical enhancement bonus."

Can this be used to grant the weapon special abilities that are the equivalent of an enhancement bonus? Otherwise, vaguely useful and fits the flavor but terribly boring and doesn't do all that much. +5 at level 20 is useless. GMW is replicates it basically all day.

"Fairy Familiar- At first level, a Hero of Time gains a fairy familiar with special powers and limitations. *It cannot fight or leave the Hero of Time's side. *It has a +5 racial bonus on any Knowledge check. *At 4th level, it can cast Cure Light wounds once per day at a caster level of 4. *At 8th level, Cure Moderate Wounds, *at 14th, Serious, and 19th, Critical. *Fairy can speak, and has an telepathic link with the hero."

+5 to knowledge is handy but the heals seem weak as a bonus. An Eternal Wand is double the healing that a class feature provides. Your class features should not be overshadowed by cheap for the level magic items.

"Not-so-giant's wallet: *A true servant of the gods, the Hero of Time cannot possess currency equivalents of more than 500gp at any given time. *(Not including item values)"

This does not make sense at all, you can have a Bag of Holding or a Hewards' bag. Also, currency equivalents, does this mean diamonds and art objects as well? Does it just include coins, this needs to be better explained and possibly scraped.

"Sword Spin-Starting at second level, a limited number of times per day, the Hero of Time can execute a spinning attack, striking every creature adjacent to him in a clockwise or counterclockwise order, as he chooses. *He makes only one attack roll at a +2 bonus. *The attack is indiscriminate, and friendly creatures can be hit, too. *Can be done *two/day at fifth level, three/day at eighth level, four/day at eleventh level, five/day at fourteenth level, *ten/day at seventeenth level, and infinite/day at twentieth level."

Does this attack never grow above a +2 bonus? If so, again, basically useless after level five. I think it can become infinite much sooner though.

"Blessed Instrument- Hero of Time gains the ability to have his songs produce Spell-like effects. *These Songs take 5 rounds (30 seconds) to perform, and must be completed for effects."

Let's go through this effect by effect

" *Summon Rain- At third level, a song can produce season-appropriate precipitation with the following characteristics (roll a d20: 1-5, light shower; 6-15, average rainstorm; 16-18, torrential downpour; 19-20, thunderstorm/blizzard) Hero of Time cannot control the storm once summoned."

If this takes five rounds to function and only has a 10% chance to be functional in combat it's not a good option for combat, though the rain could be useful as a flavor "bless the field" sort of thing, I don't think it needs to be the only class feature at this level as mostly a fluff ability.

"*Charm- At seventh level, playing this song for someone makes them like you."

How long does the charm last? What is the range on it? Save DC?

"*Heal/Mend- This song takes 30 minutes. *The person to be healed must be still and enter a deep state of relaxation. *It can be used as many times as the Hero of Time wants, but can only restore 30 hit points per day."

When do you gain this ability? It should scale? Or it becomes an even worse version of the Paladin's Lay on Hands and much like that ability, useless.

" *It can also mend non-magical items, in the normal "casting" time."

As a Mend spell? A Make Whole? Does this cost points of the heal ability?

" *Twelfth level. * Day/Night- at fifteenth level, Hero of Time can use this supernatural ability to essentially toggle AM/PM. Does not actually skip forward or backward in time. *Localized to area roughly the size of a town. *People do not notice, however, unless they make a DC 20 will save."

How long does the shift last? Does it change the level of day-light?

"Age Shift- From seventh level, a Hero of Time may change into the form of herself as a child age 13 or below. *The Hero of Time must select what age she wants her child form to be before the first time she uses this ability and this age cannot be changed. *The child form retains the mind, skills and class feautres of the hero, but is subject to a -2 to Strength and a -2 to Con."

What purpose does this serve at all? Honestly. You gain -2 Penalties to your two primary combat stats for what benefit?

"Dante's Fireball- At sixth level, once per day, A Hero of Time may center a Fireball attack on himself. *The Hero of Time, and only he, is immune to fire damage from this attack. *Note: any fires caused by this attack may harm him still. *Otherwise, this spell-like ability functions exactly as a normal fireball spell with the character's Hero of Time levels being used as the caster level."

Only once a day ever? This needs to scale in terms of times a day and area affected.

"Favorable Warp- At eighth level,once per day, a Hero of Time may teleport from her current location to a location she has marked with this spell. *Marking can be done as many times per day as the Hero of Time wants, and is a free action. *"

One a day teleport to a single (previously visited) location doesn't do much, you can't even take your party with you.

"Nearly Love- At tenth level, once per day, the Hero of Time can use the spell-like ability, as a move action. *It grants the Hero of Time damage reduction /5. *Its effects last 3 rounds."

DR 5/? This is not the usual formatting for Damage Reduction.

"Silver Linings- At level 19, the Hero of Time gains DR/2."

Same as previous

"Special Requirements: Must be presented by the gods with a holy sword *bestowing this class. Cha 13. Must be aged 17-30. *Hero of Time can retire, however, and retain powers indefinitely upon completion of her quest."

I am confused. Base classes don't have Special Requirements. Also, Cha 13+ would be better. As for the age thing, what about Elves and other races who are still basically infants at that age, perhaps Young Adult only?

"Class Skills: Balance, Climb, Handle Animal, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Perform, Ride, Search, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, Swim, Tumble, Use Magic Device, Use Rope"

Everyone gets Craft and Profession.
On the subject of skills, the usual format is even numbers.

Class features:
"Proficiency: Swords, Bows, Boomerang, Heavy Hammers. *Light armor only."

This is a crippled proficiency list. Are there stats for Boomerangs (other than Ebberon which is a book a lot of people don't own or use) and Heavy Hammers?

tl;dr
Tier 5 at best. Weaker than a Fighter.

Madara
2012-04-01, 09:20 PM
I'll maybe give it a PEACH after some formatting adjustments, for now:

Special Requirements: Must be presented by the gods with a holy sword *bestowing this class. Cha 13. Must be aged 17-30. *Hero of Time can retire, however, and retain powers indefinitely upon completion of her quest.

Requirements? For a Base Class? You might be better off making this a PrC. As the Mentalist said, this is weaker than the fighter. Or even a blind fighter. Seriously, even with the penalties for being blind, a fighter could beat this class in a fight. :smallyuk:

Steward
2012-04-01, 10:22 PM
I think this is meant to simulate some kind of game or something. It works well from that standpoint, but doesn't stack up quite as well against melee Core classes.

Nearly Love- At tenth level, once per day, the Hero of Time can use the spell-like ability, as a move action. *It grants the Hero of Time damage reduction /5. *Its effects last 3 rounds.

For damage reduction, it's important to specify what the damage reduction is penetrated by (if anything). For example, a barbed devil (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/devil.htm#barbedDevilHamatula) receives "damage reduction 10/good", which means that the damage reduction is pierced by good-aligned weapons or abilities. You're not required to have the DR vulnerable to anything, of course; if you want it to be just a flat damage reduction 5, you would write it like this: "the Hero of Time has damage reduction 5/-"

(DR 5 and DR 2 are also fairly negligible at the levels you're handing them out; DR 5/- is OK, but DR 2/- at 19th level is almost negligible; any seriously dangerous opponent won't even notice it).

As far as Age Shift goes, it's a really interesting concept but the penalties make it unattractive. I think you could either reduce/eliminate them, or grant the character something to offset it. Consider granting the Hero a bonus to disguise check results, or some kind of enhancement to Charisma due to her childlike adorableness (or something of that nature).

Class features that can only be used once per day is a major pet peeve of mine, but it's a valid design choice reflected in Core. Please consider taking the Mentalist's suggestion of granting the ability multiple uses per day, or multiple uses per encounter, or even keying it off some other mechanic (ie "the Hero of Time can use this ability a number of times per day equal to his Wisdom modifier").

20percentcooler
2012-04-02, 03:18 PM
The only thing I really disagree with is your hatred for age shift. The idea is to be used as a run and hide tactic. You run into a crowd or just out of line of sight, and age shift to avoid enemies. The idea is that you don't have to make a disguise check, because you aren't wearing a disguise, but are actually a child

this class was built trying to keep it from being over powered, and never thought about it being underpowered.

Zale
2012-04-02, 06:42 PM
The only thing I really disagree with is your hatred for age shift. The idea is to be used as a run and hide tactic. You run into a crowd or just out of line of sight, and age shift to avoid enemies. The idea is that you don't have to make a disguise check, because you aren't wearing a disguise, but are actually a child

this class was built trying to keep it from being over powered, and never thought about it being underpowered.

And if there's not a crowd of people?

It would probably give a +10 to Disguise Checks, like various other shapeshifting abilities/spells.

It could be interesting as a way to lull people into thinking the character is just a child...

Then they strike. :smallamused:

Steward
2012-04-02, 07:34 PM

That's the thing though -- a spell like polymorph may actually turn you into a child, but you still get a bonus on Disguise checks anyway on the odd chance that someone suspicious of you -- a pursuer, possibly -- might notice that it's the same person in a different form.

It's not a bad idea, but I think you should flesh it out a little more. How fast can they change to and from the child form? Can it be dispelled in anyway? What happens if the Hero is killed while in child form? Does she return to her regular form or stay as a child, or does it "reveal both forms simultaneously"?

Yeah, this class is nowhere near overpowered. It actually has a similar problem as the Monk; it has a nice array of magical tricks and abilities but none of them are especially powerful so the overall effect is that the class itself is vulnerable. They don't have full BAB so they're not especially equipped for melee. Favorable Warp is a really cool and unique ability (video-gamey, but in a good way) and I definitely think that you should keep it. The songs ability is interesting, but the fact that it takes five full rounds means that it can't be used in combat, and each one (except for the day/night thing, which is undeniably cool, by the way!) is easily outclassed by every other class with a similar ability.

20percentcooler
2012-04-02, 10:11 PM
So what I am getting here is: be more specific with some abilities, give more than one use per day and make things more progressive. Any other notes?

Empedocles
2012-04-02, 10:26 PM
I like this class but I can't bring myself to help until it's formatted...here is a 100% copy and pastable table for you...please use it :smallsigh:

Until then...no one will want to use your class. That sounds harsh, and I like what I've seen, but tables are a must. Just...use this. You'll need to click quote to get the copy and pastable text.

CLASS NAME
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

2nd|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

3rd|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

4th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

5th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

6th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

7th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

8th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

9th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

10th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

11th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

12th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

13th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

14th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

15th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

16th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

17th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

18th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

19th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

20th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability[/table]

20percentcooler
2012-04-02, 10:54 PM
I have a chart already, but it would take forever to copy it, i guess i might just screen cap it, for whatever reason I can't move it to a separate doc so i can just put the link. The idea of recopying that entire list to a new chart seems tiring. I will figure a solution later.

Empedocles
2012-04-03, 12:43 AM
You're welcome. Feel free to copy and paste and correct and fill in certain things.

Hero of Time

GAME RULE INFORMATION
Heroes of Time have the following game statistics.
Abilities:
Alignment:
Hit Die: d8
Starting Age:
Starting Gold:

Class Skills
The Hero of Time's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are...

Skill Points at First Level: (x + Int modifier) x 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: x + Int modifier

CLASS NAME
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+0|Masterful Sword, Fairy Familiar

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+0|Sword Spin

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+1|Blessed Instrument (Summon Rain)

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+1|Fairy Familiar (Cure Light Wounds)

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+1|Masterful Sword +1

6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+2|Dante's Fireball

7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+2|Blessed Instrument (Charm), Age Shift

8th|
+6|
+2|
+6|
+2|Fairy Familiar (Cure Moderate Wounds), Favorable Warp

9th|
+6|
+3|
+6|
+3|

10th|
+7|
+3|
+7|
+3|Masterful Sword +2, Nearly Love

11th|
+8|
+3|
+7|
+3|

12th|
+9|
+4|
+8|
+4|Blessed Instrument (Heal/Mend)

13th|
+9|
+4|
+8|
+4|

14th|
+10|
+4|
+9|
+4|Fairy Familiar (Cure Serious)

15th|
+11|
+5|
+9|
+5|Masterful Sword +3, Blessed Instrument (Day and Night)

16th|
+12|
+5|
+10|
+5|

17th|
+12|
+5|
+10|
+5|Masterful Sword +4

18th|
+13|
+6|
+11|
+6|

19th|
+14|
+6|
+11|
+6|Fairy Familiar (Cure Critical), Silver Linings

20th|
+15|
+6|
+12|
+6|Masterful Sword +5[/table]

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the Hero of Time

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: ?

Masterful Sword: At first level, a Hero of Time is magically linked to a special weapon which grants him his powers. *Every 4th after after 1, it gains a magical enhancement bonus.

Fairy Familiar: At first level, a Hero of Time gains a fairy familiar with special powers and limitations. *It cannot fight or leave the Hero of Time's side. *It has a +5 racial bonus on any Knowledge check. *At 4th level, it can cast Cure Light wounds once per day at a caster level of 4. *At 8th level, Cure Moderate Wounds, *at 14th, Serious, and 19th, Critical. *Fairy can speak, and has an telepathic link with the hero.
Not-so-giant's wallet: *A true servant of the gods, the Hero of Time cannot possess currency equivalents of more than 500gp at any given time. *(Not including item values)

Sword Spin: Starting at second level, a limited number of times per day, the Hero of Time can execute a spinning attack, striking every creature adjacent to him in a clockwise or counterclockwise order, as he chooses. *He makes only one attack roll at a +2 bonus. *The attack is indiscriminate, and friendly creatures can be hit, too. *Can be done *two/day at fifth level, three/day at eighth level, four/day at eleventh level, five/day at fourteenth level, *ten/day at seventeenth level, and infinite/day at twentieth level.

Blessed Instrument: Hero of Time gains the ability to have his songs produce Spell-like effects. *These Songs take 5 rounds (30 seconds) to perform, and must be completed for effects. *

Summon Rain- At third level, a song can produce season-appropriate precipitation with the following characteristics (roll a d20: 1-5, light shower; 6-15, average rainstorm; 16-18, torrential downpour; 19-20, thunderstorm/blizzard) Hero of Time cannot control the storm once summoned.

Charm- At seventh level, playing this song for someone makes them like you.

Heal/Mend- This song takes 30 minutes. *The person to be healed must be still and enter a deep state of relaxation. *It can be used as many times as the Hero of Time wants, but can only restore 30 hit points per day. *It can also mend non-magical items, in the normal "casting" time. *Twelfth level. *

Day/Night- at fifteenth level, Hero of Time can use this supernatural ability to essentially toggle AM/PM. Does not actually skip forward or backward in time. *Localized to area roughly the size of a town. *People do not notice, however, unless they make a DC 20 will save.

Age Shift: From seventh level, a Hero of Time may change into the form of herself as a child age 13 or below. *The Hero of Time must select what age she wants her child form to be before the first time she uses this ability and this age cannot be changed. *The child form retains the mind, skills and class feautres of the hero, but is subject to a -2 to Strength and a -2 to Con.

Dante's Fireball: At sixth level, once per day, A Hero of Time may center a Fireball attack on himself. *The Hero of Time, and only he, is immune to fire damage from this attack. *Note: any fires caused by this attack may harm him still. *Otherwise, this spell-like ability functions exactly as a normal fireball spell with the character's Hero of Time levels being used as the caster level.

Favorable Warp: At eighth level,once per day, a Hero of Time may teleport from her current location to a location she has marked with this spell. *Marking can be done as many times per day as the Hero of Time wants, and is a free action. *

Nearly Love: At tenth level, once per day, the Hero of Time can use the spell-like ability, as a move action. *It grants the Hero of Time damage reduction /5. *Its effects last 3 rounds.

Silver Linings: At level 19, the Hero of Time gains DR/2.

Tried not to change anything when I made the table except, well, the table. A few things though. This is meant to be Link from Zelda right? If so, give him full martial weapon proficiency, proficiency with shields (not tower shields though), light armor, and a d10 HD. Maybe even full BAB. Then he's on par with an average melee fighter, and a lot cooler. Those changes would put him mid-high Tier 4 in my opinion, and generally homebrewers aim for mid Tier 3 which would be a really good, balanced class. Ummm also, the wording for the charm song thing needs to be worked on...

Madara
2012-04-03, 09:44 AM
Masterful Sword: At first level, a Hero of Time is magically linked to a special weapon which grants him his powers. *Every 4th after after 1, it gains a magical enhancement bonus.

Its ok, not too good, not too bad. Lacks some flavor.

Fairy Familiar: At first level, a Hero of Time gains a fairy familiar with special powers and limitations. *It cannot fight or leave the Hero of Time's side. *It has a +5 racial bonus on any Knowledge check. *At 4th level, it can cast Cure Light wounds once per day at a caster level of 4. *At 8th level, Cure Moderate Wounds, *at 14th, Serious, and 19th, Critical. *Fairy can speak, and has an telepathic link with the hero.

Are you going to create a familiar progression chart? Maybe have it give the Hero a bonus to attack, just like L-targetting? Otherwise this thing is pretty useless. What race is it? Do you need to create a race for it?

Sword Spin: Starting at second level, a limited number of times per day, the Hero of Time can execute a spinning attack, striking every creature adjacent to him in a clockwise or counterclockwise order, as he chooses. *He makes only one attack roll at a +2 bonus. *The attack is indiscriminate, and friendly creatures can be hit, too. *Can be done *two/day at fifth level, three/day at eighth level, four/day at eleventh level, five/day at fourteenth level, *ten/day at seventeenth level, and infinite/day at twentieth level.

Give him the whirlwind attack (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#whirlwindAttack) feat.

Blessed Instrument: Hero of Time gains the ability to have his songs produce Spell-like effects. *These Songs take 5 rounds (30 seconds) to perform, and must be completed for effects. *

Summon Rain- At third level, a song can produce season-appropriate precipitation with the following characteristics (roll a d20: 1-5, light shower; 6-15, average rainstorm; 16-18, torrential downpour; 19-20, thunderstorm/blizzard) Hero of Time cannot control the storm once summoned.

Charm- At seventh level, playing this song for someone makes them like you.

Go ahead and specify that charm works just like the charm person spell. And give it a save, like 13+Cha bonus. As for summon rain, make it so that you can choose which effect to get, but give each effect a DC, like this:

The Hero...blah blah..must make a Perform: Woodwind instrument check in order to active specific effects.
Light Shower: DC 12
Average rainstorm: DC 15
torrential downpour DC 20
Thunderstorm/blizzard DC 25

This (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/controlWeather.htm) is the spell you are mimicking, notice that it is 7th level. That means at 3rd level you can use a 13th level ability. Luckily the only one most players would want is the hardest to get.

Heal/Mend- This song takes 30 minutes. *The person to be healed must be still and enter a deep state of relaxation. *It can be used as many times as the Hero of Time wants, but can only restore 30 hit points per day. *It can also mend non-magical items, in the normal "casting" time. *Twelfth level. *

How much does it heal each casting? 30hp/day at twelfth level? Don't bother capping, I can get infinite healing at first level. Make it 10 min for cure moderate (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/cureModerateWounds.htm).

Day/Night- at fifteenth level, Hero of Time can use this supernatural ability to essentially toggle AM/PM. Does not actually skip forward or backward in time. *Localized to area roughly the size of a town. *People do not notice, however, unless they make a DC 20 will save.

Wait, they notice unless they make a DC 20 will save? Flip it, They don't notice unless they make a DC 20 will save. Otherwise this is flavorful.

Age Shift: From seventh level, a Hero of Time may change into the form of herself as a child age 13 or below. *The Hero of Time must select what age she wants her child form to be before the first time she uses this ability and this age cannot be changed. *The child form retains the mind, skills and class features of the hero, but is subject to a -2 to Strength and a -2 to Con.

Ok. Add a +4 Dex bonus, and specify that child form is small size. Otherwise this is like the opposite of rage, where you take penalties because you can.

Dante's Fireball: At sixth level, once per day, A Hero of Time may center a Fireball attack on himself. *The Hero of Time, and only he, is immune to fire damage from this attack. *Note: any fires caused by this attack may harm him still. *Otherwise, this spell-like ability functions exactly as a normal fireball spell with the character's Hero of Time levels being used as the caster level.

Fireball CL? I suggest making it equal to 1/2 class level. Also, make it Cha times/day. Or 2+cha times/day.

Favorable Warp: At eighth level,once per day, a Hero of Time may teleport from her current location to a location she has marked with this spell. *Marking can be done as many times per day as the Hero of Time wants, and is a free action. *

This is about the best ability the class gets. Not exactly overpowered, but its nice.

Nearly Love: At tenth level, once per day, the Hero of Time can use the spell-like ability, as a move action. *It grants the Hero of Time damage reduction /5. *Its effects last 3 rounds.

DR 5 1/day? No thank you. Make it 10 DR/- Cha/day for 1d4 rounds. Or just have it grant the sanctuary effect.

Silver Linings: At level 19, the Hero of Time gains DR/2.

Sad. 2 DR/- is something you can get about 16 levels ago. At this level, DR does nothing. At the very least make it 10 DR/-

As Vilpich said, there's some rewording to do. Take his advice on the changes. I play Zelda, and there's a lot that can be done. Did you base this off just OoT?

Empedocles
2012-04-03, 10:56 AM
A few more suggestions, especially to fill in the dead levels. Also, almost all of his abilities need to scale (don't just limit Nearly Love to 3/day...at least make it something flavorful like a number of times per day equal to his wisdom modifier).

Give the sword better bonuses, including the ability to bypass certain types of damage reduction. By level 20 your sword is only +4 when most fighters will have a +5 flaming burst greatsword. It's not practical. Give it some sort of special weapon ability at some point (like flaming or speed, for example), the bypassing DR would be nice, and maybe add in a few more songs.

Silver Linings needs to be way, way better. How about DR 10/- and Spell Resistance equal to his class level plus his key ability modifier?

20percentcooler
2012-04-03, 03:44 PM
Yes, this is only oot. And the enchantments work a lot like samurai. Also, why would they make a save to avoid noticing something?

Thanks for all the suggestions guys

wiimanclassic
2012-04-03, 05:01 PM
Have the Master Sword bypass all DR on evil creatures maybe? I think theres a Holy property for weapons, might fit with it being the "Sword of Evils Bane".

20percentcooler
2012-04-04, 09:26 AM
It's also worth noting that part of that chart was incorrect. 17th level ups it to +5 sword

Empedocles
2012-04-04, 10:16 AM
It's also worth noting that part of that chart was incorrect. 17th level ups it to +5 sword

Fixed :smallbiggrin: