PDA

View Full Version : Latest Death Battle Peach Vs Zelda

Forum Explorer
2012-04-02, 01:54 AM
I'm not sure how prevalent this show is but I wanted to talk about their latest episode.

First for those of you who haven't seen it yet the show takes two fictional characters, analyzes their fighting capabilities, and has them fight to the death for our amusement.

The latest one was Peach Vs Zelda (http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/death-battle-zelda-vs-peach). I didn't like the results though I suppose I can accept how they came to that conclusion. My biggest problem though is that they used games like Mario Party and Super Striker as proof of Peach's poweress. My minor complaint is how they didn't even talk about Zelda actually being something like 6 different people.

So I ask; Was it reasonable for those games to be used? If they weren't used would they have gotten different results?

Rhydeble
2012-04-02, 09:54 AM
Using just the main series of the games, I'd have to say this goes to Zelda, who is also a ninja, a pirate, or a myriad of other things. The only game I can remember in which peach has powers not related to getting captured are SMB 2 (questionable canonicity) and I geuss you could count the paper mario series.

Gotta give this to Zelda though, given that she has a piece of the triforce (usually)

Opperhapsen
2012-04-02, 10:13 AM
Using just the main series of the games, I'd have to say this goes to Zelda, who is also a ninja, a pirate, or a myriad of other things. The only game I can remember in which peach has powers not related to getting captured are SMB 2 (questionable canonicity) and I geuss you could count the paper mario series.

Gotta give this to Zelda though, given that she has a piece of the triforce (usually)
There was also the game where she mastered the power of female hysteria. :smallannoyed:

Actually I can't even pretend to be mad, I loved that game.

Eakin
2012-04-02, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I would have given this to the wizard ninja pirate princess, but I think it's fair to use spin offs. Especially since, as you mentioned, they'd technically have to pick just one Zelda rather than the whole family line, while Peach is the same character in all her appearances.

As to the fight itself, once Zelda was incapacitated it was over even if Strikers weren't being used. I'm willing to accept that being used as a dramatic finishing move.