PDA

View Full Version : Psibonder[D&D 3.5 Prestige Class] P.E.A.C.H.

Wavelab
2012-04-02, 05:48 PM
Note:
This was made for a campaign where I'm playing a 13 year old erudite and someone else is playing an aboleth.

Psibonder

http://www.headinjurytheater.com/images/aboleth%20bubble%20bath%20jared%20hindman.jpg

"Giddy up Pony!"
- Akha'Ryu speaking to he aboleth

Every few years a bond between a boy and his Aberation is formed. They become powerful together, learning and developing, until they are alsmot unkillable.

Entry Requirements
Feats: Psionic Meditation, Two metapsionic feats.
Manifesting: Must be able to manifest 4th level powers.
Special: Must have befriended an Aberation willing to be bonded to.

Hit Die: d
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Manifesting

1st|+0|+0|+0|+2|Bond, The Power of Love!| +1 level of existing Manifesting class

2nd|+1|+0|+0|+3|Great minds think alike| +1 level of existing Manifesting class

3rd|+1|+1|+2|+3|Together we are one| +1 level of existing Manifesting class

4th|+2|+1|+1|+4|Come to me Brother| +1 level of existing Manifesting class

5th|+2|+1|+1|+4|Let's do it Again| +1 level of existing Manifesting class[/table]
Class skills (2 + Int Modifier): Autohypnosis(Wis), Bluff(Cha), Concentration(Con), Diplomacy(Cha), Knowledge(All)(Int), Psicraft(Int);

Armor and Weapon Proficiencies: You gain no new proficiencies with weapons, armor, or shields.

Powers known and maximum power level:
At every level indicated, a Psibonder gains access to new powers as if he had also gained a level in whatever manifesting class he belonged to before he added the prestige class. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (bonus feats, metapsionic or item creation feats, and so on). This essentially means that he adds the level of Psibonder to the level of whatever manifesting class the character has, then determines powers known, mani, manifester level, and maximum power level accordingly. If a character had more than one manifesting class before he became a Psibonder, he must decide to which class he adds the new level of Psibonder for the purpose of determining powers known, maximum power level, and manifester level.

Power Points per Day:
The Psibonder adds his class level to whatever manifesting class he belonged to before he added the prestige class for the purposes of determining power points per day. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (bonus feats, metapsionic or item creation feats, and so on). This essentially means that he adds the level of Psibonder to the level of whatever manifesting class the character has, then determines power points per day accordingly.

If a character had more than one manifesting class before he became a Psibonder, he must decide to which class he adds the new level of Psibonder for the purpose of determining power points per day.

Bond:
At 1st level the Psibonder forms a bond with an Aberation. The psibonder is then eternally bound with the Aberation and has to remain within 100 ft. of it for his Psibonder class abilities to work.

The Power of Love! (Ex):
The Psibonder is bound to his Aberation and misses him even if he goes just a few feet away. As long as the Aberation is within range of the bond they both gain a +1 to manifester level and a +1 to all rolls. If he is outside of the bond area however, they both take a -2 to all rolls.

At every odd level this bonus increases by +1 and +1 and the penalty increases by -2 to a maximum of +3 to manifester level and +3 to all rolls and -6 to all rolls at level 5.

Great minds think alike:
At 2nd level the Psibonder learns how his Aberation thinks, granting him greater insight. He gains a +2 untyped bonus to intelligence.

At 4th level this increases to +4.

b]Together we are one (Su):[/b]
Staying in touch is important in all relationships, and this one is no different. Both of them gain a combined telepathy whenever they are together. As long as they are within the bond they they both have telepathy out to 100 ft. The Psibonder may choose to instead use the telepathy of his abberation and vice versa. For example, both of them are standing 100 ft. apart. 100 ft. away from the Psibonder is a goblin. The aberation may use the Psibonder's telepathy to talk to the goblin instead of his own. The goblin would know it is the aberration speaking to him though.

They also gain the mindsight feat.

Come to me brother (Ex):
Due to their desire to be close the Psibonder and his Aberation have found ways of regaining each other's presence. Once per day a Psibonder may go directly to the Aberation's position. This can cross planes.

Let's do it again:
The Aberation and the Psibonder truly become one. Whenever one of them would die within range of the bond, they are instead fused with the other one. The person then gains the effects of the schism power. After 8 hours of rest the one that died is affected by a true ressurection spell.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-02, 05:52 PM
Nice prestige, he get one?

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-02, 05:55 PM
Extra ML yes please. The int boost may make this a bit overpowered though(I think, not experienced in class balance.)

Also metaconcert is a bit random, rather some sort of permanent mindlink with bonuses?

Wavelab
2012-04-02, 05:57 PM
Extra ML yes please. The int boost may make this a bit overpowered though(I think, not experienced in class balance.)

Also metaconcert is a bit random, rather some sort of permanent mindlink with bonuses?

What's +4 out of 44 anyway :P

Hmmm the metaconcert was mostly due to our conversation but that might work better.

Wavelab
2012-04-02, 06:09 PM
Updated by changing the ability.

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-02, 06:19 PM
Offtopic: Funnily enough, I have purchased both soap and smelling salts so that picture may very well happen if we find a shower head for my decanter of endless water.

Ontopic: The class feels somewhat overpowered to me. I suggest more stringent prequisites and maybe tone some of the powers down a bit? Like Power of Love! every odd level instead of every level.

Wavelab
2012-04-02, 06:38 PM
Ontopic: The class feels somewhat overpowered to me. I suggest more stringent prequisites and maybe tone some of the powers down a bit? Like Power of Love! every odd level instead of every level.

I see what you're saying, but there's nothing really that powerful in it besides the intelligence bonus.

Added Feat requirements and changed The Power of Love! to increase at every odd level.

Steward
2012-04-02, 08:22 PM
Staying in touch is important in all relationships, and this one is no different. Both of them gain a combined telepathy whenever they are together. As long as they are within the bond they they both have telepathy out to 100 ft. The Psibonder may choose to instead use the telepathy of his abberation and vice versa. For example, both of them are standing 100 ft. apart. 100 ft. away from the Psibonder is a goblin. The abberation may use the Psibonder's telepathy to talk to the goblin instead of his own.

Does that mean that the goblin will think that the Psibonder is talking instead of the aberration?

I see what you're saying, but there's nothing really that powerful in it besides the intelligence bonus.

Well, there's the free resurrection thing. I would either make it resurrection instead of true resurrection (to make sure that dying remains an inconvenience) or explicitly insist that the aberration be near the psibonder in order for it to work as true resurrection.

"Great minds think alike" doesn't have an ability type. Is this intentional?

It's definitely a neat concept and the problems that I had with it are small or cosmetic.

Wavelab
2012-04-02, 08:27 PM
Does that mean that the goblin will think that the Psibonder is talking instead of the aberration?

Good point, I included that.

Well, there's the free resurrection thing. I would either make it resurrection instead of true resurrection (to make sure that dying remains an inconvenience) or explicitly insist that the aberration be near the psibonder in order for it to work as true resurrection.

Makes sense. Updated.

"Great minds think alike" doesn't have an ability type. Is this intentional?

Yes it is.

It's definitely a neat concept and the problems that I had with it are small or cosmetic.

Why thank you.