PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Martial Spirit Stance questions

Laniius
2012-04-02, 06:22 PM
So, this is the stance where you gain 2 hit points every time you hit an opponent.

I was wondering. I have a cohort, who is a necropolitan. He is immune to nonlethal damage, being undead. What if I declare a sparring match with him, doing unarmed attacks, thus nonlethal damage? Would this count as an opponent to get me out-of-combat healing?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-04-02, 06:24 PM
Only your DM can decide that.

Mari01
2012-04-02, 06:28 PM
I'm against the idea of punching a rock and gaining 2 hp. To me, there's no hp to be gained unless there's an actual threat. If what you're hitting doesn't have any intention to hurt you, where's the resolve coming from?

Chronos
2012-04-02, 06:55 PM
The other healing maneuvers all specify that you need to be fighting something that's a real, credible threat for them to work. Most people consider it an oversight that this was omitted from Martial Spirit.

Rubik
2012-04-02, 08:57 PM
The other healing maneuvers all specify that you need to be fighting something that's a real, credible threat for them to work. Most people consider it an oversight that this was omitted from Martial Spirit.Have the necropolitan use his Disguise skill and dress up as Pedobear?

RaggedAngel
2012-04-02, 09:00 PM
I was wondering. I have a cohort, who is a necropolitan. He is immune to nonlethal damage, being undead. What if I declare a sparring match with him, doing unarmed attacks, thus nonlethal damage? Would this count as an opponent to get me out-of-combat healing?
If I were DMing, I might let it slide if he makes unarmed attack rolls back; in other words, make it an actual nonlethal sparring match. Your healing will skill kick in, and you'll only get some nonlethal damage for your gain in real hit points.