PDA

View Full Version : Weirdness Ensues!

Pages : 1 [2]

Igneel
2012-04-14, 08:41 PM
Akha adjusted himself on Zrku's back, sitting a bit more comfortably.

"Can I have some more candy, please?" He said to the shapechanger, for he had eaten it all within a minute.

"Maybe you should of savored that last bowl, rather then consume it all in one gulp. There is a saying amongst dragons, 'Gluttony is a most deadly folly, for a full belly is nice, but not being able to fly away from danger isn't worth a over filled belly', or something along those lines. My father didn't spend much time explaining the follies as he could of."

THEChanger
2012-04-14, 09:29 PM
"Indeed. These halls very literally represent my mind. Doing anything to damage them would have rather undesirable effects. Especially since all that is stopping me from killing you right now is the fact that I have enough mental control over the negative energy making up my form. So I will repeat. Touch. Nothing. That actually goes for you as well, Aeon. I don't fully understand you, but your form comprises enough positive energy that I dislike the idea of it coming into contact with my being." Bleddyn turned a corner, and stopped. "Gehenna. I had hoped this wouldn't happen." The hallway in front of the group broiled and bubbled, lava having melted away a chunk of the ground. But this did not appear to be normal lava. It felt dark. When a bubble burst, one could almost hear a scream of pain. And the colors were angry. "From Gehenna itself, actually. I can traverse it with only minor discomfort. The rest of you, well, Clip really ought not to even think about touching it, if he values his continued existance." Bleddyn grimaced. He knew the corruption was getting stronger within his body, but for it to have progressed this far into his mind was...disturbing, for lack of a better word.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-14, 09:36 PM
All of a sudden, Matts form changes, it seems, from half and half, to utter darkness that made the void seem bright, and withen, you could see all the hate and misery of the universe. "Internalized the positive half of my body, only the negative is on the outside. Should be safe for me. And as for Gehenna, I was Born of it's lava sea's. I find it, comforting in a nolgostic fashion."

Igneel
2012-04-14, 09:41 PM
"As while I grew up Gehenna, and immune to at least normal lava. I personally find it relaxing to occasionally swim in the molten rock to rid my scales of dirt."

Kazyan
2012-04-15, 01:59 PM
"Okay. Wall!"

Nothing would appear to happen.

"Invisible wall over the lava. Everyone who can't fly can walk over it now. Hey, Bleddyn, since I'm kind of the worst possible thing to have in here right now, maybe someone can poof me out and give you a break? Are we still in Hypnos? Because I can do it myself then and poof to where my bubble used to be. Or I can try to make myself into less positive energy, and maybe that will help."

Wall of Force.

phantomreader42
2012-04-15, 08:12 PM
Hey, Bleddyn, since I'm kind of the worst possible thing to have in here right now, maybe someone can poof me out and give you a break? Are we still in Hypnos? Because I can do it myself then and poof to where my bubble used to be. Or I can try to make myself into less positive energy, and maybe that will help."

I would recommend that none of us go off alone, lest we be unable to locate each other again. If any of us are to separate, we should establish some means of communication. I can forge a mental link to maintain contact anywhere on the plane, if someone is willing.

Whatever happened to Clip's "bubble" may have left traces that could be useful to us. It could be worth investigating.

Wavelab
2012-04-15, 08:19 PM
"I could always take you somewhere Bleddyn. We could stay on the material plane until these people are done. Besides negative energy affects me too." Akha said as he started eating his large bowl of candy. The words coming out as the candy goes in.

THEChanger
2012-04-15, 09:02 PM
"While I would prefer none of you to be here, the fact of the matter is that I am unable to prevent my future capture alone. Therefore, I would like to ensure that I can make contact with all of you. Besides, as much as I hate your prescence Clip, I would much rather have you here, where I can keep my eye on you, then elsewhere, where your unique structure could be used against me." Bleddyn moved forward, over the invisible wall Clip had constructed. "Solid. Proceed with caution." Bleddyn continued towards the center of the temple of his mind. Hopefully, there would be no more complications.

nyarlathotep
2012-04-18, 03:55 PM
Sitting in the temple's central room is a balding in orange friar's robes. Tattooed on his smooth brow is the a pair of crossed crescents, symbol of Cyrus an ascended mortal who became god and saint of honor, hospitality, and justified conflict. When the party enters the room he stands to greet them but does not open his eyes.

Monk: Hello I am the representation of Bleddyn's memories of the past, represented by his adoptive father Darius, high priest of Cyrus. Specifically I am centered on existence before his connection the magma seas of Gehenna. I can guide you through locked off or otherwise inaccessible memories, but as I am but a construct of the mind I am limited in what I can tell.

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-20, 08:53 AM
Zkru attempts to devour the monk.

Do I have to make a grapple check or what?

Wavelab
2012-04-20, 09:04 AM
"No Zrkie! Don't just go eating people. Let's hear what he has to say then you can eat him."

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-20, 10:18 AM
"This foray into the mindmemory grows tiresome, why are we here again in the first place?"

Zkru seems to reluctantly halt his attempts to consume the monk mindconstruct.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-20, 10:30 AM
Hopefully to acess the supressed memories of the prime meterial itself.

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-20, 10:55 AM
"Then shouldn't we go to the center and the prime crystal or whatever? Or attempt more promising avenues, like visiting the time before time. My racial memories stretch back very far into the primeval mists after all."

Igneel
2012-04-20, 11:57 AM
"Agreed. If we were indeed trying to get to the center, or the memories of time beyond what we consider time, shouldn't we avoid going down our personal memory lanes? As nice as it is to see our buggy lich comfortable in what was a home, do we have time to dawdle like this?"

phantomreader42
2012-04-20, 11:59 AM
"Then shouldn't we go to the center and the prime crystal or whatever? Attempt more promising avenues, like visiting the time before time. My racial memories stretch back very far into the primeval mists after all."

I would concur, were it not for the fact that I have reason to suspect that Bledynn's connection to Gehenna is of relevance to our situation and that of the multiverse.

It is possible that Reconstructions have occurred before. From what I know of aboleths, your racial memories may well precede the beginning of this cycle.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-20, 12:08 PM
Yes, but first we have to acess that part of the memoryscape. And it maybe easier to head back in Zkru's memories. Of course, the simple can be anything but here...

THEChanger
2012-04-20, 06:46 PM
"It appears that I must explain." The swarm of dark sand coiled up into itself, and reshaped into a map. Small figures appeared upon it, and the symbols of the various planes showed on certain rooms-most notable being the symbol of the Prime Material in the very center. "The Temple is laid out in a fashion mirroring the Great Wheel. The center of the Temple is the Altar, which corresponds to the Prime Material. Thus, by shaping this layer of Hypnos into a fascimle of the Temple, I have located the Prime's memory crystal in that room. We could use your memories, Zkru, but I suspect the crystal would be much harder to locate in whatever world you created. Besides, the Temple is mostly harmless." That said, Bleddyn returned to his mostly humanoid form. "I would also apprieciate it if you didn't try to eat my memories. Darius is one of the few I have left." His form was smaller now, as though it were shrinking away from the others. "Please, Darius, which way to the Altar?"

Wavelab
2012-04-20, 07:52 PM
Akha watched silently as the people went about their business. He didn't have memories that extended out to the beginning of time, he had only thirteen years of memories. Well almost thirteen, his birthday was next week, he would be turning fourteen, he hoped Zrkie would remember.

Kazyan
2012-04-20, 08:08 PM
Like Akha, Clip felt a bit dwarfed by the talk of such long-spanning memories, but it didn't bother him much because whenever he got his bubble back, he'd be the best at whatever he wanted to be in there, including memories.

"So you're making the crystal poof up by getting the map that in your head, which is a map of the planes? I don't know how it works, but I don't think it's like that! Because I would have brought the crystal to my bubble if you could just find it."

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-20, 08:12 PM
Clip, objects here are parts of your and a collective sunconsious that have a physical shape and nature imposed on them by your own mind. And I remeber being trapped in your buble. That place was more choatic then the elemental choas colliding with limbo.

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-21, 11:03 AM
Korino

The shapeshifter wakes up, looking around puzzled.

"Sorry, being a Hobbit just makes you want to sleep."

Gaining height, Korino becomes a gangly bird-like creature, a Vrock Demon. His voice is screechy and echoes inside you head in a somewhat disconcerting manner.

"Please, lead on."

-------------
Std: Morph - Vrock.

Kazyan
2012-04-22, 01:38 PM
"Yeah, but it made sense to me. Which is really something new when you're surrounded by wizards all the time, so that's what I did when I didn't have to listen to them being so smart and annoying with their spells. Also, I actually have no idea what you're trying to tell me about this place."

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-22, 01:43 PM
It's more metaphor and symbols then what it really is, and while parts of it will be the same, other parts will be differnt

nyarlathotep
2012-04-23, 01:35 AM
Darius: Why of course, my son.

As you move through the temple's entrance hall the rooms representing Etemenanki and Babel are visible as shadows through stained glass windows of Cyrus's saints, those who died defending a guest or family member and those who broke peace to correct injustice. Juxtaposing these images of dignity and restraint on your left you can see silhouettes of horrible tortures being inflicted on mock-humans by their kyton master, and to your right the the shadows of some create machine for casting molten materials. After passing through the hall you reach the altar of the material prime. It is an inverted pyramid, with four sides, constructed out of a crystal made nearly opaque by its diamond-like luster. A root-like system of cracks originating at a circular hole, no more than an inch in diameter at the altar's top, trace there way throughout the entire structure. Dancing at the end of each of these roots are ever changing images of the Material Plane's past, no single image remaining longer than a second at most.

Darius: This is crystal of the material plane. It is however full of many memories, far too many for any single being to learn of in the time you have here. You can make the images slow and focus by pouring blood or the essence of a creature into the hole. The images will then focus on aspects of that creature's past, and events of the multiverse that are closely tied to the creature in question.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-26, 02:28 AM
Matt goes over, difting slowly. "This is going to hurt like the summer of 69." And with that, he lets his essence seep out of him, warping around and into the crystal...

Kazyan
2012-04-26, 05:41 PM
"Hey, if it shows you everything that happened in your past, and you're super super old, does that mean everything in all of the planes ever is going to happen? Because this sounds like it's going to be really, really cool."

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-26, 05:48 PM
All of a sudden reality itself seemed to echo around Matt as if it was him, and he was it, "Before the Law bringers came, I was one of the mighty, who hid from the Farl realms, even as I was born from it bleeding into this reality. I was concept, The Smith of worlds, the Sower of life, A Being torn apart by the Gods and sundered into the Magma Seas and Chained to power the Celestial Tower, where I still remain. I am a fragment of primordial relaity, from before order and the binding into wheel."
It stops, and Matts seems to have shrunk. "What happened? Did you see something? You look like something big happened..."

nyarlathotep
2012-04-26, 09:12 PM
As Matt's essence seeps down through altar's cracks it fills each root's termination point. Each point so filled causes the shimmering visions to altar and focus. When the last chaotic scattered projection dims and is replaced the entire room fills with light. Each ray works together to form single cohesive image in the air around the crystal.

There is a swirling vortex of blue, violet, and golden aether. This aether begins to coalesce and take concrete form, but one so massive that only its tiniest fraction is actually visible in the room, a mass of arms, tendrils, and eyes. These limbs weave their way through the aether making tiny pockets of order and stability filled with stars and planets. A hand then individually examines each of these pockets and if it finds them lacking crushes them and then reforms them into a new series of stars and planets. Occasionally however it finds a pocket that is considered acceptable. These are then absorbed into the mass of limbs.

As it observes one of these spheres of normalcy the vision expands so that the room can no longer see the wider aether but only events occurring in this one bubble. Within this universe there is a mass of positive and negative energy, obviously a young Matt. He descends to an ocean covered planet whose surface is covered by a thick icy crust. The young aeon plant tiny motes of algae and insects which then rapidly develop and evolve in a rapidly accelerated form. Upon seeing this the young aeon leaves. The dominant race that forms is a species of two meter tall humanoid creatures with a blue crustacean like shell. They form a massive industrialized society based on power generated by the ocean currents.

A single finger from the great mass of limbs reaches into this pocket and pierces through. Once it intersects with the bubble it takes the form of an enormous host of golden faceless angels. The humanoids begin fighting back against the angels but rapidly begin to lose against overwhelming odds. One of them casts a spell that pulls Matt from the depths of the void, and tries to force him to confront the angels.

Matt floats up to the angelic host, but rather than attack him they begin speaking. They all speak as a single chorus with one voice.

Angels: You were a faithful gardener, and have shown great care at your craft. We have no conflict with you, but you seed has born tainted fruit and must be purged. Go sleep, you will be needed for the next cycle.

The aeon then turns back and flies into the depths of space before sleeping as the universe is destroyed around him. He does not awake until the universe has been reshaped into something new, and upon his awakening he appears to not remember anything of his previous existence.

The lights then grow dark as Matt's essence drains out of the altar.

phantomreader42
2012-04-26, 09:53 PM
Pinky watches closely, taking notes with a strange object that appears to be made of intricately carved and polished wood. It leaves a complex pattern of raised dots behind.

Perception check to note details: [roll0]
Autohypnosis check to remember said details [roll1]

I have long believed that gods are far more trouble than they are worth. This appears to confirm that hypothesis. Mass destruction with no motive or remorse. And they will call this "good".

I have never eaten the brain of an angel before. I believe I shall consume one while its fellows watch, and tell them it tasted of "tainted fruit". I am curious how those who would wantonly slaughter living beings for no purpose will respond to similar violence against their own kind.

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-26, 10:07 PM
"False messengers! Twisted Decivers! Life I grew, sentience I nurtured, and then IT had to show up! It had to find fault with that which did not blindly follow it's orders! They were nothing more then a scourge, a blight! I may have been the gardener, but they made me the Destroyer! They will pay for all the worlds they have scourged, all the children they have slaughtered...." Matts form shifts by the end to a large suit of plate mail, with runes written in the True Speech.

(OOC; He can't use truespeech. I got the idea from a book I read, where runes and sigils appeared on cirten beings when they had extereme emotions. Mostly when they were mad. And truespeech, or the lanugauge of creation, kinda fits. And must find truenamer fix)

Igneel
2012-04-27, 12:32 AM
A slight sweat has formed on Mal's brow which is quickly wiped away as the visions that flashed before his eyes pass. Blinking a few times, he licks his lips some before speaking.

"Angels you say Pinky? Deceivers Matt? My vision must of differed from yours... I wonder why I saw dragons of Gehenna magma?"

Wavelab
2012-04-27, 01:59 AM
"Well I saw a man and a woman in a castle cradling a baby.. I'm sure you are intelligent enough to figure out what this means?

THEChanger
2012-04-27, 10:03 AM
Bleddyn gazed towards Matt, a new found respect for his power entering his mind. "You are from the Time-Before-Time. The monks often spoke of it. A universe prior to this one. And this...this scene..." Bleddyn turned towards Darius. "This was the Reconstruction. Prior to our universe. The formation of it, actually. Wasn't it, Darius? If that is who you really are?"

nyarlathotep
2012-04-27, 11:10 AM
Darius: That would be the most likely hypothesis. Additionally our current reconstruction is like the War of End Times that Cyrus' taught us to prepare for. That there would be entities whose appear was that of servants of good, but whose on morality was that of apathy.

Kazyan
2012-04-27, 08:12 PM
"...I don't want the universe to get smashed up by a supergod. I live there." Clip's voice is solemn. He circles around the monk several times. "How do we make it stop? Something to do with Matt? Can Matt take us back in time, or get us to survive? What about all of the other people? What do we do, guys?"

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-27, 08:19 PM
Time travel is beyond me, and my memories are far from reliable. Zkru, as you pocess the racial memory of the Aboleths, which reachs as far back as the elder evil that spawned your kind, would you try this?

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-28, 08:00 AM
Zkru makes a odd slithering sound deep in his throat. He appears to be simultaneously expressing disgust and amusement, as telepathic waves of these emotions roll off of him.

"Hah, another 'creator' original overdeity, no doubt it will also be proved to be nothing but another petty godling like all the others that have claimed that title. Unless the deity is a metaphor for the natural processes of the multiverse, one never can tell with dreams and memories. In any case, I mislike it on principle.

While I have heard tell of powerful spells that allow actual travel into the past, I possess no such magic. What exactly are you proposing, that I spill my blood on the crystal, or that I change the landscape of memory-Hypnos?"

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-28, 11:05 AM
Korino

"I think he wants your blood on the alter, since your memories may travel further than even his."

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-30, 12:45 AM
"Ah well, nothing ventured nothing gained a guess."

Suddenly Zkru reaches out and attempts to cut the monk! Apparently hoping to spill his blood on the altar!

Do I make a attack roll or what?

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-30, 12:46 AM
Zkru, you do realize that your trying to bleed a metaphor, right?

Kobold-Bard
2012-04-30, 12:52 PM
Korino

The Vrock-shaped Korino screeches.

"No! Your blood, not the monk's you foolish abomination!

THEChanger
2012-04-30, 03:20 PM
It wasn't truly a scream. Though the sound was clearly made with the same level of emotion that a scream entails, it was nothing so human. Bleddyn's body burst into a thousand crawling spiders. The chittering fury of the mass of chitinous legs and fangs filled the room, and the swarm shot towards Zkru-Ackstorl. Crawling upon the leviathan's slimy body, the spiders sank their fangs deep into Zkru's carapace. The necrotic energy within Bleddyn's fangs bled into the Aboleth, poisoning his abberant blood. The enraged thoughts of Bleddyn filled the minds of those present. "IF YOU EVER ATTEMPT TO STRIKE MY FATHER AGAIN, I WILL SLAUGHTER YOU AND THEN FORCE YOUR SOUL TO SERVE ME FOR ALL OF ETERNITY! LEGENDS SHALL BE SPUN OF THE TORMENTS I WILL VISIT UPON YOU, AND CHILDREN WILL USE YOUR NAME TO MOCK THE WEAKEST AND MOST VILE OF LEPERS!"
Spider Swarm form. Swarm Attack deals 9d6 points of damage, Spider form has a Poison which deals 2d6 Strength Damage, Initial and Secondary. Fortitude Save to negate is 27. If you have immunity to disease/poison, you instead take half damage from it on a failed save.
Swarm Attack-[roll0]
Poison Damage-[roll1]

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-30, 04:33 PM
The spiders attempted to close in with Zkru, but were blown back by the strong winds constantly surrounding him. Suddenly acid spews forth from the aboleth's mouth, covering the spiderswarm. Contempt flows psychically from the aboleth, its face perhaps sneering, though it is difficult to tell for those unfamiliar with aboleth body language.

"Do not test me worm"

Ah, a unexpectedly extreme reaction, it's not like I'm killing the guy after all(admittedly I did try to eat him earlier but whatever).

So yeah, my bracers of wind surround me with winds of strong force, which iirc blows away diminutive creatures.

I then manifest breath of the black dragon in a cone shaped burst aimed at Bleddyn as a standard action. DC 47 reflex save for half. Acid Damage:
[roll0]*1.5 for swarm=84

Costs me 19pp, bringing me to 542pp.

Zkru then moves as far away as possible from Bleddn with my move action, max is 100ft with flight, or 50ft. by land.

Igneel
2012-04-30, 05:41 PM
"Oh for crying out loud!" Jumping slightly off to the side to be better out of the way MalsvirIxen growls as he almost shifts back to his dragon form to better partake in the combat but reigns his fiery urge back in.
"Is it that hard to understand that they just want a few drops of blood? If your going to give us a hard time then at least try not to disrupt the being that we are currently residing within his memories."

Grimsage Matt
2012-04-30, 05:51 PM
And besides, have you considered what he could do to you if he altered reality? His mind, his rules after all. Also, could you act like sentient creatures for a moment? Bleddyn, he's not your father, he only looks that way because we're in your mind, and thus your memories and expectations shape it. It's a metaphor, a contruct that exists to represent what you consider a guiding authority figure. And Zkru, when your inside of another creatures memory scape, show some consideration. All of us here are more or less mature, so let us conduct our affairs in a RATIONAL manner.

Kazyan
2012-04-30, 06:15 PM
Clip, figuring that nothing he can do will fix anything because he's made of anti-Bleddyn, simply goes invisible, hovers to the other side of the room, and waits.

THEChanger
2012-04-30, 08:32 PM
The spiders, brushed away by the swirling winds, shrieked in pain as the acid scorched them. The spiders dissolved back into the black dust, and formed into the solid form of Bleddyn. Small holes existed in his arms and legs, but dark energy pulsed outward, sheathing him in entropic energy. His eyes smoldered, burning cores of anger. "My appologizes. This place has a curious...destabalizing effect upon me. The longer we stay, the more irrational I become. We should leave as soon as possible. So, slug, if you're not going to offer up your essence, we should be gone."
Casting Inflict Critical Wounds on myself. Healing 4d8+16.
[roll0]

phantomreader42
2012-04-30, 08:59 PM
Zkru, you do realize that your trying to bleed a metaphor, right?

I have heard the phrase "tortured metaphor", but never seen it literally enacted before. And I doubt it would be beneficial to attempt it again.

phantomreader42
2012-04-30, 09:02 PM
"IF YOU EVER ATTEMPT TO STRIKE MY FATHER AGAIN, I WILL SLAUGHTER YOU AND THEN FORCE YOUR SOUL TO SERVE ME FOR ALL OF ETERNITY! LEGENDS SHALL BE SPUN OF THE TORMENTS I WILL VISIT UPON YOU, AND CHILDREN WILL USE YOUR NAME TO MOCK THE WEAKEST AND MOST VILE OF LEPERS!"

I doubt that threat will have the desired impact if there are no more children to engage in such mockery. There are more important things to do than senseless assaults on memory constructs.

Demonic_Spoon
2012-05-01, 04:57 AM
Seeing that the situation had calmed down, Zkry moved a few feet closer to the rest of the group, doing his best to stay away from Bleddyn however.

"Can something be truly simply metaphor in Hypnos? This is the realm where dreams, imaginings and mental constructs are made real. Besides which it could prove enlightening to observe the interactions between the metaphor for the prime material and the metaphor for Bleddyn's 'father'. I still propose that we test this."

Wavelab
2012-05-01, 05:38 AM
"You guys are acting like a bunch of children. Shame on you!" Akha shouted at them with a bunch of candy splattering out of his mouth as he did.

Grimsage Matt
2012-05-01, 06:39 AM
Ahka, it's bad manners to speak with your mouth full. And as for testing the inneraction of the metaphors, wouldn't it make more sense to ask?

nyarlathotep
2012-05-04, 09:51 AM
Darius: I am a construct of Bleddyn's consciousness given form by Hypnos so I do not know what if anything constructive will be gained by this, but as you wish.

The edges of the priest's finger tips corporeate into a grey mist and drift into the altar's opening. Immediately the room becomes a chaotic mess, with pieces of matter disappearing and reappearing. Your mind and body feel as though they are being ripped apart by the fabric of reality around them. It is as if the room is being rendered down to its component pieces. The only object unaffected is the altar itself, standing as a bastion of order in the chaotic maelstrom.

Everyone roll a will save DC 30 of take [roll0] charisma and wisdom damage per turn. This save must be made each round until the effect is stopped.

Additionally Bleddyn must make a charisma check.

phantomreader42
2012-05-04, 10:39 AM
Darius: I am a construct of Bleddyn's consciousness given form by Hypnos so I do not know what if anything constructive will be gained by this, but as you wish.

The edges of the priest's finger tips corporeate into a grey mist and drift into the altar's opening. Immediately the room becomes a chaotic mess, with pieces of matter disappearing and reappearing. Your mind and body feel as though they are being ripped apart by the fabric of reality around them. It is as if the room is being rendered down to its component pieces. The only object unaffected is the altar itself, standing as a bastion of order in the chaotic maelstrom.

Everyone roll a will save DC 30 of take [roll0] charisma and wisdom damage per turn. This save must be made each round until the effect is stopped.

Additionally Bleddyn must make a charisma check.

While experimenting with the exsanguination of mental constructs may be a fascinating pastime, I fail to see how it is relevant or useful to our current endeavour. I shall put an end to this insanity before anything else goes wrong.

Pinky approaches Darius and grabs him from behind with a tentacle, attempting to pull him away from the altar and break the connection.

Will save [roll0]
Attack roll (with -4 penalty to deal nonlethal damage) [roll1]
If that hits, attempt grapple as a free action: [roll2]

Next round Will save: [roll3]
If the grapple succeeded, take a five-foot step back. If not, try attaching all tentacles, then pull back:
Attack 1:[roll4]
Grapple 1:[roll5]
Attack 2:[roll6]
Grapple 2:[roll7]
Attack 3:[roll8]
Grapple 3:[roll9]
Attack 4:[roll10]
Grapple 4:[roll11]

Grimsage Matt
2012-05-04, 10:50 AM
Why does this sort of thing always happen?

[roll0] Can't acess mythweavers on the computer right now, so my will bonus might be off.

Kobold-Bard
2012-05-04, 11:42 AM
Korino

The vulture Demon glares at Zkru-.

"You. Suck."

With that he morphs into the form of a tall, stunningly beautiful Angel surrounded with an aura of white light, hoping to ease the burdon of resisting the effect.

----
Will Save: [roll0]

Std: Morph - Advanced Planetar

Wavelab
2012-05-04, 01:51 PM
"Bad Zrkie don't do that again!"

Will save: [roll0]

Also if it's a spell: SR 30.

Kazyan
2012-05-04, 07:22 PM
Clip tries to pull himself together and stay stable, even if he can't see himself right now.

"...Stop it! Turn it back to normal! Wait, I know! I'll put some of me on it!"

A positive energy ray fires from the source of the voice, at the altar.

Will save: [roll0]

THEChanger
2012-05-04, 08:34 PM
As Darius' essence entered the altar, Bleddyn extended a clawed hand, as though attempting to stop him. Then, everything changed. The world became a swirl of dark energy, and Bleddyn felt his very body being torn apart. It was only by sheer force of will that he managed to keep himself intact. The screams of pain, however, suggested that Bleddyn did not take kindly to the sudden surge of chaos. "Everything. Needs. To. STOP!"

Igneel
2012-05-04, 11:56 PM
"This is why we can't have anything nice! Because of over intelligent beings making things more difficult then it needs to be!"

Will Save: [roll0]

Edit: Epic failure...

Demonic_Spoon
2012-05-05, 05:21 PM
"Well this is certainly interesting. Also, I love you all as well! Mwa!

I wonder to what level reality will devolve? Will we eventually get a void state or open a portal to the far realms? Or will the internal reality of Hypnos, what little there is of it, reassert itself? Is this even really happening or are we just imagining it? Could the reconstruction be weakening the planes in some manner allowing this sort of chaotic planar manifestations? Fascinating. Very fascinating. We need more data"

[roll0]

phantomreader42
2012-05-05, 06:32 PM
Fascinating. Very fascinating. We need more data"

Still holding Darius in his tentacles, Pinky replies by telepathic broadcast, as his mouth is rather muffled.

Does anyone have a free hand and some manner of sharp weapon? I believe I know a method by which we might obtain the data Zkru desires.

Grimsage Matt
2012-05-05, 06:41 PM
"ENOUGH! Quit your infintile bantering and assist the Lich in holding resbalishing reality!" The voice inside your heads that he put there before... he was holding back, in control, not wanting to accidently hurt you. A peek of what his mental voice is really like just came out, and that was planet shaking.

Restoring Beleddyn's reality
1d20+2

Igneel
2012-05-05, 07:52 PM
"Something sharp you say?"

A cruel grin spreads on Mal's Tiefling face as its starts to grow his molten lava-like scales and he grows back into his dragon form. Upon reaching the final growth of his tail and wings he attacks the aboleth with his fangs and claws.

Bite Attack: [roll0]
Claw Attack 1: [roll1]
Claw Attack 2: [roll2]

Bite Damage: [roll3]
Claw Attack 1 Damage: [roll4]
Claw Attack 2 Damage: [roll5]

All three attacks are treated as Transmuting [MIC]/Ghost Touch weapons.

Wavelab
2012-05-05, 08:03 PM
Akha stared at the empty bowl in front of him, the tons of candy gone. "Can I have some more please?" he pleaded inocently. "Ooh maybe even cake, or ice cream!"

Demonic_Spoon
2012-05-06, 06:35 AM
The dragon's attacks harmlessly scrape off of the aboleth's adamantiumlike hide.

"This is becoming somewhat tiresome. Why do you people keep on attacking me? Cease these actions immediately."

nyarlathotep
2012-05-06, 09:10 PM
Although Bleddyn maintained enough force of will to retain his own shape the same could not be said of the mental bastion he had conjured into being around the party. It and all of its contents dissipate including Darius, causing the maelstrom to cease. The terrain instead becomes a near featureless plane of blue marble like material contained within the same bubble of stability emanating from Clip that has been protecting you since travel to this plane began. Surrounding the bubble is a sea of water almost pitch black from lack of light. Strange large shapes occasionally pass by your sphere of protection, but never linger long enough for their full shape to be guessed.

The altar that once resided in the room's center is still intact, but now resembles nothing more than a glass sphere and has been emptied of all memories that were once floating across its inner surfaces.

Demonic_Spoon
2012-05-07, 02:25 AM
"Mmm, I wonder if we have devolved to a nightmare dream state, or if those are actually representation of far realm creatures and the amoebic sea? It is often said that dreams are the far realms' most used portal into the minds of mortals."

Igneel
2012-05-08, 07:34 PM
Glaring at the aboleth, followed by giving a quick glance at his claws, a snort with some flames escape from Mal's snout in his huge dissatisfaction at the utter lack of causing pain.

All of this is forgotten when the scenery changes to that of a aquatic setting it seems. Looking about Mal tries to forget about the affront on his pride the giant fish has caused him by avoiding damage.

"Great... Water... I don't like water..."

Grimsage Matt
2012-05-08, 07:40 PM
You misunderstand. The amoebic sea is a sea of total and utter chaos. A sea of Anti-reality. Haven't been there in ages, and we're but standing in the dream of a shadow... of a dream

Kobold-Bard
2012-05-09, 02:21 PM
Korino

"It's amazing that something so intelligent and ancient can have such poor impulse control. Time is against us, please try to think more carefully before you act next time."

Korino turns her angelic face to the Will'o'Wisp.

"My gratitude for the spherical shell. Can you maintain it?"

Finally she turns to Bleddyn.

"How about you, can you reform what we lost?"

Wavelab
2012-05-09, 04:40 PM
"I'm still a little short on candy." Akha said motioning to the empty bowl in front of him.

Kobold-Bard
2012-05-09, 06:54 PM
Korino

"Well then I suggest you learn to conjure some, because you'll not be getting any more from me. A treat is only a treat if it comes unexpected."

Kazyan
2012-05-09, 06:56 PM
"I'll try!"

Now visible, Clip floated above the altar. The bottom edge of his spherical body touched it, tinting it red with his glow.

"That stuff isn't anti-reality. You're all making stuff up now! It doesn't even make sense. Anti-reality can't be there, because it can't have, like, a spot to be in if it destroys realness and now my mind is lost. Theeeeeere it goes! Whee." Pause. "Are we any closer to stopping the Reconstruction? I don't think so. Start being smart again, smart people!"

Grimsage Matt
2012-05-09, 07:03 PM
Clip, where the Far realms is concerned, meanin has no meaning. Sense is insesible. The laws of reality are useless at best, and so far as it's concerned, the past, present and future happen at the same time. Therefore, abondon all that you consider sane and rational when dealing with the Far Realms and you have a chance at understanding a fragment of it.

Kazyan
2012-05-09, 08:26 PM
"No. Stop making things up. I get that you're smarter than me, but stop it."

Igneel
2012-05-09, 08:32 PM
"I'm not necessarily that stupid to actually think that whatever that substance is actually water. But considering that it's consistency seems similar enough, and my aptitude for lava over water... Could we just get this done and over with? I would very much prefer not being in the Far Realms."

nyarlathotep
2012-05-10, 12:25 PM
One of the many shadows stops its movements and everyone present can feel psychic emanations filling the room. They are not however the pounding all consuming thoughts one would expect from a Far Realm entity, but a weak half-thought that one has to concentrate on lest they lose it forever, a dream that was vivid in sleep but quickly dissipating in the waking world.

Shadow: We are not among the great realms of true reality as you speculate. We are the memories and after remnants of that which once was. We are the subconscious memory of those who came before the aboleths. We crafted them so that some part of us might live on in this universe so hostile to our existence that is now itself coming to an end.

Demonic_Spoon
2012-05-10, 02:11 PM
Zkru waves a few tentacles about idly, apparently in deep thought about what the progenitor subconscious had revealed.

"Do you think I do not now that Matt? That is why I suggested that it is simply a metaphor, a poor suggestion of the true thing represented to our minds by allegorical means. This seems to not be the case however. It would seem that a feedback loop or somesuch has somehow reverted hypnos to a prior cycle from before the reconstruction that shaped the current reality.

Korino, who said this was a impulse? I considered the possible repercussions of my actions and judged the potential payoff to be worth it. And I would say that is, here we have the subconscious minds of beings from before the current cycle, something I think not easily accomplished.

If my oldest memories can be trusted, and if these 'remnants' speak truth, aboleths would appear to be the twisted offspring of a race from a previous cycle, adapted and transformed to be able to live in this one, and given the imperative to survive. In fact there are strong hints that the Blood Queen herself was one of these progenitors, strongly modified to withstand the new cycle and not truly of this world. This would explain somewhat why aboleth's are so alien and inherently superior compared to other races.

In any case, I propose that we place the essence of one of these beings in the crystal for more data, if one of the progenitor subconsciousnesses would agree to this. Unless the cycles are just a recursive loop of cycles we might eventually reach the beginning of this reconstruction business. Or not. Still, it should give us valuable information.

There is also the matter of who exactly is responsible for the reconstruction. The crystal showed some sort of overdeity, logic suggests that we will need to deal with it somehow to prevent the reconstruction, though how is anyone's guess."

Zkru continues on into mumbled hypothesis about metaphysics and the ultimate circularity of time as a possibly elegant model of the multiverse.

Igneel
2012-05-14, 02:40 PM
"And how do you suggest we go about doing that? Not exactly like we can just ask a 'memory' to bleed for us while the vessel holding the memory refused to do so himself..."

Kazyan
2012-05-14, 02:52 PM
"Why can't we? I can just zap it all better for them afterward, too. Can they even feel pain? Probably not! They're memories."

nyarlathotep
2012-05-14, 06:42 PM
Shadow: My only purpose is to ensure the continued memory of my people. To spread knowledge of their last moments would be of the greatest joy.

As soon as the thought enters your mind you see a single tentacle pierce through Clip's bubble of protection. It looks wrong in the air, as it looks like a brush mark on a canvass but moves as though it was made of oil floating atop clear water. Then the tendril contacts the altar it is covered in the inky substance, before turning all the light from the crystal into a sickly pink color. The world around you becomes one entirely of fluid, the air replaced by oil paints like the aboleth's ancestor, but vibrant and colorful. Within these oils live more the jet black aboleth-like shapes and other creatures like them, beings of liquid form and constant movement. This world is beautiful in its own way, like an impressionist painting come to life.

This beauty is shortly violated by something that clearly does not belong, something solid. Naked human-like creatures swim into view from all directions, spreading out from their bodies is a taint, one that forces the oils of the plane into solid form, losing there uniqueness and life. The humans appear as men and women who did not grow into their form; instead being formed in their current body mere moments ago, lacking any imperfection from injury or accident of birth. Despite this physical perfection there is something that is obviously wrong with them, they do not focus their eyes on any object and simply float from inky being to inky being draining them of life. Following these creatures is the silhouette of a black mass of chains, gears, and blades. The vision then fades back to Clip's protective bubble within the sea of Zkru's ancestral memories.

phantomreader42
2012-05-14, 11:36 PM
"And how do you suggest we go about doing that? Not exactly like we can just ask a 'memory' to bleed for us while the vessel holding the memory refused to do so himself..."

Judging by recent experience, it appears our aquatic compatriot is quite adept at asking others to perform tasks which it refuses to perform itself, particularly where such tasks involve physical injury or reckless tampering with the fabric of reality.

Pinky removes a scroll from his bag, securing it to the bandolier across his chest under the robe and checking other pockets to ensure ready availability of particular potions.

It appears that data from The Thing That Should Not Be will be indispensable in our quest, and prior attempts to obtain it by force have failed. If this recursive meddling with the plane around us is our best available option, it behooves us to minimize the potential for disaster. If anyone else has a more efficient method of detaching unwanted entities from the altar, please be prepared.

As the tentacle appears, Pinky silently watches and takes more notes, attempting to extract as much information as possible from the images.

Autohypnosis check to remember details: [roll0]
Knowledge(Local) check to see if the "wrong" humanoids resemble any particular exotic variety of human: [roll1]
Knowledge(Dungeoneering) check in case they are actually aberrations: [roll2]
Knowledge(Engineering) check to discern the function of the gears: [roll3]
Knowledge(Planes) check on the suspicion that the mass of gears is an Inevitable or something similar: [roll4]

Wavelab
2012-05-15, 12:47 AM
"I think we should explore deeper into Zrkie's memories. Throughout the time I have spent with him I have realised that he likes to keep secrets."

Demonic_Spoon
2012-05-15, 08:01 AM
"Mmm, would these humanoids be the agents of the overdeity that caused the previous reconstruction? Too bad they didn't stick around or we could have tried to push one of them into the prime crystal. I wonder if we could recreate one through sheer force of will?"

Knowledge(Eons) check on the humanoids:[roll0]
Cha check to recreate the essense of one of the humanoids we saw in the altar:[roll1]

nyarlathotep
2012-05-18, 02:36 AM
Despite all of his effort Zkru is unable to reform any of the previously visible creatures

Knowledge results both of you got about the same

Humanoids: They resemble to a degree both axiomatic humans, creations of pure law in the form of humans, and they give off a similar feel emotionally to the mock-humans who inhabit Babel.
The Gears: They would seem to be either be part of an ancient inveitable or a subspecies of kyton. Both of those are also outsiders with connection to law as and failing that kytons are connected to the mock-humans themselves.

Demonic_Spoon
2012-05-18, 09:53 AM
Gripping his sacrificial Karras stone knife tightly in one tentacle, Zkru makes a superficial slash on another of his tentacles, letting the blood drip onto the altar. The wound quickly and visibly grows shut again, the flow of blood rapidly stopping.

"Let us see what we shall see."

Wavelab
2012-05-18, 05:37 PM
Akha prepares himself for what will come forth from the bloodied altar. He's just glad that he doesn't have to give his own blood.

nyarlathotep
2012-05-22, 01:23 AM
As the aboleth's blood flows into the altar so to does it flow into your vision, as though your brow was covered in cuts that ran into the eyes. By the time your vision clears there is no party, each of you is alone in the dark waters surrounding Clip's bubble surrounded by inky black pre-aboleths. You are a mass of raw pink flesh, covered in raw nerve endings that burn with pain from the contact with the water itself. The creatures sculpt and move your body about until it one that approximates their form in solid state. Each change is followed by a spasm of pain from the many spawn currently growing in your womb, who are themselves being molded to mirror your form.

One of the liquid creatures begins speaking to you through telepathy, as this transformation has left you without the ability to understand true communication through mixing of the fluids of the body.

Pre-aboleth: It is worse than we once feared. The destroys are not merely content to destroy all that we have built, but are now creating lesser versions of themselves so that once they die of old age their offspring will continue to pollute existence for as long as can be predicted.

You are our last hope though it must be difficult to understand in your pain. Your children will be able to live in this new horrible world of concrete form and void. Our creations will be able to take back creation from the destroyers and their children, these humans, and perhaps if any of us still live restore creation to what it once was.

Demonic_Spoon
2012-05-23, 06:01 PM
"It would seem that the ancestors of the humans were responsible for the destruction of the ancestors of the aboleths. While putting some blood from Ahka on the altar may prove illuminating, I feel that we have dwelt long enough in this location. I suggest that we relocate to the celestial bureacracy to attempt to find more answers within their archives. Do you agree?"

Igneel
2012-05-23, 10:29 PM
"Yes, I grow weary of this location. Although I'm not particularly looking forward to going someplace I would normally be killed on sight just because of where I was born..."

Grimsage Matt
2012-05-23, 10:33 PM
The last time I went there, they tried reprograming me. But, looks like they have the awnsers.

Wavelab
2012-05-24, 12:44 AM
Akha just shrugged and got on Zrku's back.

Kobold-Bard
2012-05-24, 02:12 AM
Korino

The Planetar chuckles at the Devil-Dragon's statement.

"Oh of course, they want you dead because of your birth, not the centuries of manipulation and wickedness that you have imposed on creation between then and then. Whatever you say."

Demonic_Spoon
2012-05-25, 10:27 AM
Strange flashes of light pulses across Zkru's skin as his tentacles joins the group into a circle. Then there surrounding seems to shift and they appear in a new room.

cast planar travel, 8pp

nyarlathotep
2012-05-25, 03:55 PM
You all appear in an amphitheater scaled for creatures of Zrku's size and dimensions. Indeed the aboleth himself appears to be in the room twice, once with Akha on his back, and a second time behind the speaker's pavilion at the theater's center.

Behind you at the amphitheater's back are two sets of staircases, each fifty feet wide, on leading up the other down.

Speaker Zrku: I apologize but mortals do not belong within the tower. Please exit by whatever power allowed you to enter. If this is not possible merely wait and the staff will assist you.

Aeon of the sixth iteration: currently known as Matt, original truename *a sound resembling the crashing of symbols and a chorus of flutes*, current truename unknown. Please stay where you are, the staff will be here to deprogram you shortly. This may take longer than normal due to a disturbance on the upper levels.

Demonic_Spoon
2012-05-25, 06:50 PM
"You dare label me mortal? The sheer effrontery. In any case our arrival seems well timed. Let us proceed to the upper levels and help cause further distractions."

Grimsage Matt
2012-05-27, 09:59 PM
Currently, I'm with them. Also, I have a severe distaste for reprograming. It makes me even more insane then normal. So if it's the same to you.....Diplomacy check; [roll0]

Kobold-Bard
2012-05-29, 02:05 PM
Korino

The Planetar grumbles to herself. "Oh this will end well."

Since they already knew about them deception was pointless, so Korino decided to hope these beings were capable of compassion.

"If you separate the boy from the Aboleth both will suffer. As you might imagine I do not abide undue suffering lightly, let us discuss an appropriate alternative, shall we?"

--------
Diplomacy: [roll0]

I have True Seeing up, is the Speaker Zkru- registering as something under that?

phantomreader42
2012-05-29, 08:22 PM
"Yes, I grow weary of this location. Although I'm not particularly looking forward to going someplace I would normally be killed on sight just because of where I was born..."

Over the years I have become accustomed to attempts at assassination with minimal motive.

: I apologize but mortals do not belong within the tower. Please exit by whatever power allowed you to enter. If this is not possible merely wait and the staff will assist you.

We do not require assistance from beings such as you, nor do I recognize or respect your authority. Further, I believe that you are employing an inaccurate definition of the term "mortal". I shall leave a note for the staff.

Pinky scribes a note in Celestial, beginning with a clear refusal to cooperate with anything involving the Reconstruction, followed by declaring the reader "a disgrace to all that is holy and several things that are not", including the definition of "mortal" as "capable of being killed" by which definition all inhabitants of the tower are mortal, and ending with a number of blasphemous insults, profanities, and a cryptic remark about spell preparation.

Casting Explosive Runes. 6d6 force damage to all within 10ft when read, the reader gets no save, save DC for others is 22. DC to find or disable trap is 28.

Manifesting Conceal Thoughts on self for free, and casting Protection From Arrows (DR 10/magic ranged, 15-hour duration, max damage prevented 100). Other defenses should still be in effect.

Onward, gentle and not-so-gentle beings!

Wavelab
2012-05-30, 02:08 AM
"My company tend to start brawls of some sort." Akha said. Tapping on Zrku's head as if trying to physically force it in.

nyarlathotep
2012-05-31, 01:08 AM
The copy of Zrku appears to be slightly transparent under the effects of true seeing and there is a bright white tether between it and the real Zkru.

Speaker Zrku: Threats of violence against me will be of little use as I am but a projection designed to interact with you. Soon there will be associates to assist you. We cannot guarantee your safety if you continue unsupervised. Furthermore we are not currently asking for cooperation to the Reconstruction. We are merely working to prepare the outerplanes for the eventuality.

Igneel
2012-05-31, 01:10 PM
Korino
"Oh of course, they want you dead because of your birth, not the centuries of manipulation and wickedness that you have imposed on creation between then and then. Whatever you say."

"Excuse me? Are you suggesting that you know of what I have done over my life? I manipulate to reveal the truth, and wickedness is just as capable of being used by those that seek justice. But then it doesn't matter now does it?"

Over the years I have become accustomed to attempts at assassination with minimal motive.

"I know a thing or two about having assassination attempts and such. But its just plain 'unfair' for those that claim to be of justice, good, and candy when they judge you by your looks."

====

Speaker Zrku: I apologize but mortals do not belong within the tower. Please exit by whatever power allowed you to enter. If this is not possible merely wait and the staff will assist you.

Speaker Zrku: Threats of violence against me will be of little use as I am but a projection designed to interact with you. Soon there will be associates to assist you. We cannot guarantee your safety if you continue unsupervised. Furthermore we are not currently asking for cooperation to the Reconstruction. We are merely working to prepare the outerplanes for the eventuality.

"Needn't bother. I'm sure that we won't be here for long anyways. Violence tends to only come to those that wish violence upon us anyways. Besides, we seem to be capable of taking care of ourselves thus far."

Not like it matters, but I have a Continuous True Seeing effect. Besides that, no real reason to roll anything really as of yet.

Kazyan
2012-05-31, 07:23 PM
"Can you prepare the planes so that it doesn't happen? It's kind of important. Please?"

Clip moves to hover above Zrku. "I don't think the associates are going to help very much!

Grimsage Matt
2012-05-31, 07:26 PM
Clip, they will help. Themselves. And the damn whatever it is they work for. Best thing that could happen is if it burnt to the ground.

phantomreader42
2012-05-31, 10:34 PM
Clip, they will help. Themselves. And the damn whatever it is they work for. Best thing that could happen is if it burnt to the ground.

Were I to venture a suggested method for destruction of a tower, I would recommend disintegration of the foundation coordinated with a physical attack at the apex to make use of gravity. The dimensions of this tower render such a plan infeasible.

Knowledge(Planes) check on Etemenanki [roll0]. Assuming I have full knowledge of the description already given

Do we seek information, allies, resources, or to wreak havok?

Demonic_Spoon
2012-06-01, 02:57 PM
"I believe we seek information? Allies seem unlikely, unless we release the prisoners that are said to dwell on the upper levels? And what resources could a glorified bureaucracy of celestial penpushers offer us? Destroying the tower...mmm. Beyond my current ability sadly, unless someone has someone has large disintegration or rock transmutation magic packed away somewhere I doubt we could effect the stability of the tower in a meaningful way. Let us proceed to the upper levels?"

Zkru starts moving up the stairs to the next level.

Kobold-Bard
2012-06-01, 04:23 PM
Korino

"If they won't listen to reason, then I say havoc all the way."

The Angel's body shudders and the glorious sheen it had is replaced with an ever increasing aura of darkness. The golden feathers fall from her wings, leaving behind great sheets of leathery skin in their place. Her flawless face contorts and extends, becoming a ravenous maw, with a look of pure violence in it's eye.

Raising his hand a blade of red flame appears in his grasp, and he looks at it with an evil grin.

"It was these beings that put me in our shared prison, and I'm feeling vengeful all of a sudden. Lead on squiddy."

-----
Std: Morph - Balor Lord
Move: Enchanted Item Transformation - +4 Flaming Longsword (gains Vorpal due to the Balor's Vorpal Strike ability)

nyarlathotep
2012-06-05, 01:04 AM
Moving up into the next level leads to a massive library. Each aisle is fifteen feet wide and has a symbol carved into the ground in front of them.

Unfortunately right at the top of the stairwell are three inevitables. One a metallic humanoid over fifteen feet tall whose legs are replaced by an orb of metal framework. He is flanked by the other two whom resemble metal angels whose wings are composed of three tubes each, arms are replaced by wicked blades, and whose heads resemble those of a battleaxe.

Orb Inevitable: As you have refused to leave we are hear to remove you by force.

Igneel
2012-06-15, 02:48 PM
"I might be all for causing all kinds of destruction. My claws have been itching to find themselves sinking into flesh as of lately..." Malsvir comments as he looks at his claws. "As for ways of causing destruction... Sadly the only magical methods I have involves making fire rain down from the sky which typically isn't all that effective against stone, or making my flaming breath akin to a storm."

Orb Inevitable: As you have refused to leave we are hear to remove you by force.

"Well then, I can't wait to see what goodies are hiding in that little body of yours..."

Read as: He has a Fire Storm SLA useable 4/day which is his most powerful damaging SLA. Then he has a item granted Tempest Breath metabreath that allows him to make his breath weapon act like a Windstorm strength wind coupled with Entangling Exhalation to make it last longer then the norm.

Kobold-Bard
2012-06-18, 12:55 PM
Korino

"Oh, I will enjoy using your arm as a toothpick."

With that the Balor's sword blazes white hot as he swings it it a wide arc before him, the flames rushing at his opponents with an almighty roar of almost sentient hate.

As the flames form a cyclone around the metal creatures, he raises his free arm and making a clawed shaped with his hand pulls down the massive bookshelves onto the opponents to batter and crush them.

As the shelves tumble and the cascade of books are set ablaze, the Balor launches himself into the air in a single beat of his charred wings.

---
Standard: Fire Storm SLA (sorry for stealing your thunder Igneel, but I didn't trust Implosion to actually work on these things): Fire Damage (DC37 Reflex for half). On a failed Save, DC 20 Reflex every round or an additional [roll4d6 fire damage (no Save).

Swift: Quickened Telekinesis SLA: attack roll to slam the bookcase down on them [roll1], damage depends on how harmful the DM considers the bookcase to be; from 1/25 lb. to 1d6/25lb.

Move: Fly up 90ft, or as high as I can if the ceiling is lower than that. Good manoeuvrability.

Kobold-Bard
2012-06-18, 12:58 PM
OOC: Telekinesis attack roll was a potential crit, rolling to confirm: [roll0]

Igneel
2012-06-19, 03:04 PM
"Lets get this party started!"

Heat starts to radiate from Malsvir's scales, even as they seem to start radiating more light then they have for some time now. Giving some quick movements of this talons, spheres of malevolent darkness that doesn't hamper their vision seem to expand from Malsvir and his comrades near his body. Sure that his spell will grant them some protection he then starts breathing in.... And breathing in... And breathing some more in till finally he unleashes what can only be described as a windstorm of flames from his home plane, blowing away anything small enough infront of him all while it seems to reach out and try to grab any burnt by its touch.

===

Activating Infernal Aura as free action: Any enemies within 5ft automatically takes 5d4 points of damage every turn. Half this damage is fire and the other half is infernal power that ignores resistances and immunities.

Using Baator Agent to activate a SLA as a Swift action: Allows me to use any of my SLAs as a swift or move action 1/round.
Using Unholy Aura (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/unholyAura.htm) SLA [3 more uses for the day] on all companions within 20ft of me (which I assume is everyone but Korino). Half the Str damage dealt is infernal power and ignores resistances and immunities.

Finally activating my Gorget of Tempest to simulate the Tempest Breath feat (Draconomicon) turning my breath weapon into a Windstorm (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/weather.htm#windstormStorm)-effect, along with Entangling Exhalation feat (Races of the Dragon) to deal half damage, but anything that takes damage becomes Entangled (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm) and takes 1d6 points of same type of damage each round at my turn for [roll0] rounds.

Breath weapon Ref save (for damage): DC 31
Breath weapon Damage: Half of [roll1] is dealt because of Entangling Exhalation. Half is fire, other half is Infernal which bypasses resistance/immunities. A successful save for half halves the damage again, unless Improved/Evasion which negates.
Breath Recharge: [roll2] (Tempest +1, Recover -1)

phantomreader42
2012-06-19, 05:36 PM
Pinky examines the enemy carefully.

Hmmm, constructs. They can be quite irritating things. Luckily I have one of my own to deal with them for me.

Pinky's hands and tentacles move in complex patterns, as if rapidly sculpting invisible clay. An object starts to form in front of one of the tube-winged inevitables. Its shape is a twisted mockery of the construct's own form. It is colored a garish neon pink.

Overchannel by 3, increasing my manifester level to 17. The talented feat allows me to do this without taking damage, if the power manifested is 3rd-level or lower. Astral Construct (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/a/astral-construct) is a first-level power.

Standard action: Manifest a ninth-level astral construct for 17 power points (one point for the base power, augment by 2 points eight times). This construct gains two abilities from menu C. Trade one of those for the B-menu abilities Smite and Improved Fly. Extreme Deflection is the other.

The construct is huge, touch AC 16, flat-footed AC 41. Two slam attacks +33, dealing 2d6+16 damage, plus 19 smite damage to its chosen target.

Move action: regain psionic focus

Now, would you kindly smash your twin into suitably small pieces?

The construct silently obeys.

Attack roll 1:
Damage roll 1: [roll]2d6+16+19
Attack roll 2:
Damage roll 2: [roll]2d6+16+19

Wavelab
2012-06-23, 06:31 PM
Akha looked at the floating orb, summoning his powers.

Telekinetic Maneuver to grapple and pin him. My CMB for it is 41 and I spend 19 power points. I shall keep concentration if it is a success, so he will be pinned every round for 20 rounds if he fails.

Demonic_Spoon
2012-06-26, 02:58 AM
Zkru spews forth a cloud of crystals, heavily damaging the two orbs.

Swarm of Crystals, cost 25 pp, deals [roll0] damage to all caught within the cone, namely the two orbs.

nyarlathotep
2012-07-03, 03:26 AM
the bookcase would be 1d6 and the section in question weights 400 lbs. I already rolled it for you though

All three inevitables seem to be either resistant to the point of absurdity or flat out immune to fire, but had to weather the full brunt of the divine and infernal energies accompanying the spells and breath weapon. Additionally the wind generated by Malsvir's infernal breath has prevented the robotic enemies from moving forward, but has left them otherwise unharmed.

Swift to react the winged inevitable not currently engaged summons up magical energies that attempt to force all non-constructs out of the room. The other releases a cloud of red-tinted gas from it's angular axe-shaped head that blankets all those in front of it.

Their orbus leader lifts up and removes the bookcase that had been slammed on top of him. It then flies upward in an attempt to meet its fiery demonic counterpart. (his fly speed is only 60 feet)

Orb Inevitable: It seems appropriate that one who seeks to meddle in ways that could spell doom for their universe takes the form of a creature embodying such destruction.

He then shouts a word of power, that of absolute law and obedience. Dictum

Saves for antipathy: 23 will. If failed you have to leave the floor, but even on a successful roll your dexterity is reduced by 4.
Saves for the wave of energy: Will save 26 or be shaken for [roll0] rounds
Saves for Dictum: Will save 22 or be deafened for [roll1] rounds and staggered for [roll2] rounds. A successful save reduces the staggered duration to [roll3] and negates the deafness

Grimsage Matt
2012-07-04, 09:52 AM
Matt glares at the Orb leader and points.

Be As Dust

Disnegrate.
Ranged touch, [roll0]
Damage; [roll1]

Kobold-Bard
2012-07-07, 06:42 AM
Korino

"What can I say, when you want to cause carnage, you go to the source. Not that I'm the only one here trying to doom the universe, you overgrown toy."

As the beast king raises it's blade however, the Construct's spell assails him. Though he throws of it's effects with little more than a snarl, the primal precepts of Law in it's word are anathema to him, and cling to his very bones, weighing him down.

With a roar and and other great flap of his wings he unleashes his black spirit claw again, clutching the mechanical creature.

---
I have Spell Resistance 31 as a Balor Lord, in case that stops either effect.

Will Save for Antipathy: [roll0]

How long does the Dex penalty last, and will it stick if I change forms?

Will Save for Dictum: [roll1]

So I make the Save, and go from Staggered for 2 rounds to Staggered for 2 rounds. Hell if I'd been really unlucky I could have saved and actually been staggered for longer if the second roll had come up a 3 or 4.

I'm sure that's supposed to just take one of the initial dice away rather than roll a new one; which since the initial roll got two (so a pair of ones), would have to mean I'd only be staggered for 1 round. But that's up to your interpretation I suppose.

Move: Fly another 90ft away, for a total of 120ft between us.

Swift: Quickened Telekinesis to Grapple Orb Inevitable - [roll2]+any Size Modifier (not sure if they apply with Telekinesis) vs. Orb's CMD. No attack of opportunity. If successful target is Grappled (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Grappled).

phantomreader42
2012-07-07, 08:41 PM
When one has experienced the direct mental intrusion of an elder brain, merely verbal assertions of law become rather unimpressive.

Pinky looks squarely at the flying orb.

Your designer was unimaginative, deficient in engineering ability, and wholly devoid of aesthetic sense. Your parts are poorly constructed from inferior materials, and whoever assembled them was obviously lazy and incompetent. Your mission was devised by a madman, and imparted to you by a delusional fanatic with poor language skills. In short, you are woefully unsuited to your intended purpose, which is fortuitous as only a lunatic would desire that purpose to be accomplished. Furthermore, I could make a better construct myself while I was busy insulting you. As a matter of fact, I just did.

Standard Action: Overchannelling again to manifest Astral Construct again. This one is also ninth-level, with the Improved Fly, Smite, Heavy Deflection and Extra Attack abilities. Touch AC is 12, flat-footed 37, each attack is +33 for (2d6)+25 damage. Fly speed 40ft. Craft check is

As the illithid speaks, a gleaming silvery object forms directly behind the orb. It is generally humanoid in shape, but has no facial features, as such are superfluous for its purpose. It has three legs in a stable tripod configuration, but is not using them, as it is flying in midair on wings constructed of a series of reconfigurable metal-like plates, which allow effortless gliding. Its "head" is an armored ball on a long neck, as suitable for use as a bludgeoning weapon as its arms. What sensory apparatus it requires resides in the chest region.

The constructs are much quieter and more businesslike.

Pink mockery: Standard action, 1 attack, attack roll [roll]1d20+, damage [roll1].

Silver Hexapod: full attack (as it came into existence after the effect that caused the staggering)
Attack 1: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]
Attack 2: [roll4] Damage: [roll5]
Attack 3: [roll6] Damage: [roll7]

Wavelab
2012-07-07, 09:05 PM
"Well that's not nice at all." He says solemnly as the spells roll over him. He looks at the flying orb and raises his hand. A light green ray shoots from his fingers hitting the orb. Immediately after another ray hits the target.

I also have SR 30 if that helps.

Standard Action: Manifesting Twinned Disintegration = 11 PP + 3 PP [Augmentation] + 6 PP [Twin]

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Twinned so if it hits he takes that damage twice. Fortitude Saving Throw to resist is 32.

[B]Move Action: Regain Psionic Focus

Demonic_Spoon
2012-07-11, 07:50 AM
"Taste my crystal wrath!"

Swarm of Crystals, cost 25 pp, deals [roll0] damage to all caught within the cone, namely the two inevitables.

nyarlathotep
2012-07-12, 12:25 AM
The orbus inevitable quickly disintegrates into dust due to the combined magical onslaught. One of its winged companions falls as well due to crystal shards ripping through its body and the bludgeoning from its ectoplasmic clone. Seeing its companions so quickly slain the last remaining inevitable glides backwards out of reach of its enemies before vanishing in a flash of red energy. Shortly thereafter a sort of unearthly calm settles over the library as though no battle had taken place at all. The upended bookshelves begin to right themselves and all their spilled contents float slowly through the air back to there proper place on the shelves.