PDA

View Full Version : Nations game

Pages : [1] 2

drack
2012-04-02, 08:47 PM
Sachiru

As you arrive the crystal lake reflects the deep bloody scarlet of the sky as an all consuming glow. Morbidly you are reminded of how that may be the fate of the world once again depending on how this works out. Generally there was enough trouble when the lords gather, but it would be a million fold worse with such an obvious trap. All the same, something this powerful is likely to trap a great many of your enemies, and if it doesn't it makes for a great chance to finish off the deed yourself. Still more was the lure of intrigue. Who was this man, what did he want? Previously you had ignored his presence as that of another fake prophet, or of some small cult, but it was not many that could cast such a spell...

As you knock the door swings open as if of it's own will to admit you. Within is a grand chamber a long table extends large enough to fit a hundred or two split into elevated tiers such that the higher nobility could be separated from lower. At the head of the table a bald man sits in a loose robe with an intricate depiction of an eye covering the whole of his head shining golden even in the bloody light. A heavy wooden shield rests beside his chair, and to those who sense such things he radiates a heavy aura of good and magic. About the hall several men and woman are setting the table. Large drapes serve to conceal the hallways from whence the servants seem to come and go. The fireplace burns with unnaturally dancing flames. The table is set, ans a small pool of water sits behind the man with a small fountain in the shape of a dragon roaring to the heavens.

The man himself seems pensive and well on in years, though he greets you formally and invites you to join him.

Sachiru
2012-04-11, 02:54 AM
She approaches, walking with a sure step. As she proceeds, multicolored hues envelop her, wrapping themselves tightly into her frame.
She walks to a seat across the man, with the chair levitating itself out of her way.
The shadows cast by the table then take form, creating a small, overstuffed and comfortable sofa-chair in place of the chair previously pushed aside, and she sits.

"Apologies for this, but I would rather be safe. One would not reach the same age as I do unscarred were it not for taking simple precautions, and rarely do people expect that chairs themselves be booby-trapped.", she says softly.

Perhaps that display of casual magic would suffice to notify him that she were not "small fry", as it were.

She looks politely, waiting for the man to (re)initiate conversation.

List of actions:

Entropic Shield as Su ability, cast on self.
Mage Hand as Su ability, cast on self.
Silent Image, heightened by 7 (effective level 9), emulating True Creation to conjure the sofa-chair. (spell slots for level 7 spells deducted by one).

drack
2012-04-11, 09:24 AM
Sachiru"No need" he replies in a melodious voice that tells he is well at ease. Magic is a part of life, and I have hopes that we will have no enemies today, only friends. I am The Forbearer of the Eye, a pleasure to make your acquaintance. All the same he does study you casually and even go so far as to cast a quick detect evil spell on you.

Sachiru
2012-04-11, 07:58 PM
OOC: I knew I forgot something. Oh well. Anyways, Aura of Good (Ex) should reflect here.

She willingly lowers her innate defenses against divinations, allowing this simple trick to pass through, all while raising a cultured eyebrow?

"Really? You can almost taste my aura. Or perhaps the golden nimbus of light surrounding me is too vague?", she asks with amusement.

"Worry not. As long as nobody has, well, something that I would wish that you not have, I shall leave them alone. Live and let live has always been the policy of the Seals, and we try to keep interference in the Material Plane to a minimum. Some of the deities, especially the newer ones, barely tolerate us as it is."

drack
2012-04-11, 08:50 PM
Sachiru"Yes, yes, but as you say; suspicion breeds long life." Suddenly his eyes sharpen to those accustomed to answers, forced or otherwise. A dangerous man. Now assuming you are indeed one who walks the light of the eye, tell me of the light here. How many follow, and how deep does their devotion to it run?

Sachiru
2012-04-12, 01:02 AM
"I have no idea of what Eye you speak of, kind sir. As for me, I follow my own devotion to good, by ensuring that a great evil is kept at bay. Besides that, as I said, I live and let live.

As for how many are here, I assume you are one, and that you have your own allies here, concealed, probably.
I consider it rude for someone to attempt to breach my own magical defenses, and an intrusion of personal space when they attempt to divine things which I wish not known.
I accord you and your men that same respect, which is why I use no magic to force them to reveal themselves.

Attempting to discern whether one is good or evil is, for me, a grave invasion of privacy. Even those who think of robbing should be granted the privacy of their thoughts, that they may have the chance of contemplating their actions and have true repentance. If life and limb are not at stake, let them be.", she says, unperturbed by the man.

"Your men's devotion is profound, for they have willingly stood by you here,", she continues, "and I wish not to put that into mere words.
True loyalty is like a plant, growing and taking root even into the harshest of lands. However, bind a plant with copper bands, and its growth is stunted, and its full majesty fettered.
Saying that your men are loyal to this degree,", she speaks, with her index finder and thumb held an inch apart, "or perhaps to this degree," now her two hands are held approximately three feet from each other, "to your cause is dangerous, since it will either cause in them feelings of inadequacy, or arrogance. They are loyal to you and your cause, that is enough for me.
My previous sojourn into the material plane was nearly three hundred years ago, and thus I have been made unaware of how the fates have weaved the tapestry of life here, nor the nature of this 'Eye'. Care to share?", she asks playfully, whilst scouring her memory of what 'Eye' he speaks of.

Actions:

Knowledge: History Check on what this 'Eye' is:
Roll of 20 due to Legendary Scholar ability + 46 from skill bonus = 66.
Additionally, I am under a passive Greater Arcane Sight ability, always active.

drack
2012-04-12, 02:40 PM
SachiruHistory of the eye

Throughout history countless group have claimed to serve some sort of eye drawing on the implications of the eye watching everything in order to keep up a totalitarian rule, and in some cases it is simply the truth with a beholder or some such creature heading the organization. Commonly these organizations aren't the most holy of nations, but there are countless verities. That aside you can recall none that used an eye akin to the one on the Forbearer's head as their symbol. Odd, after all every group makes a mistake sooner or later, and the rumors of the Forbearer crossing the lands recently make him seem hardly the type to keep a low profile.

"My men? I have no men, I come with only myself and a few sparse servants, and the eye is the path of light it's self. More powerful and righteous than any god." Shrugging off the idea he continues "Yes, it is true that a thief should be given the chance to consider his actions and repent, but how can you expect the man to come to this on his own if he has had his whole life to ponder the light. No, men such as this must be shown the light and have it seared through their eyes into their skulls, else they will rarely ever learn."

Note Oh yeah, I forgot, specific spells that people that see magic and automatically identify everything see.

Around him
Death Ward
Otiluke's Suppressing Field
Protection from Energy (acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic)
Death ward
Discern Lies
Freedom of Movement
Owl's Wisdom
True Seeing
Protection from Evil
Deathwatch
Inner Beauty
Nixies Grace
Spell Immunity, Greater
Death Pact
Arcane Sight, Greater
Divine Power

In the room
Forbiddance... everywhere (though it ends at the door, and loopholes to this spell have been covered in detail in recruitment)
Hallow holds tongues and zone of truth throughout the room eliminating linguistic problems.

Edit:
Ah yes, and I forgot to share the picture. This with the golden eye softly glowing on his head.
http://indiaphoto.org/india/face/face_wrinkle_bald.jpg

Sachiru
2012-04-13, 08:25 AM
"Anyway, we digress. May I inquire as to the reason for you calling me?", she inquires.

drack
2012-04-13, 12:47 PM
SachiruI suppose you may. As I spread the light I began hearing tales of those with influence or power Your name happened to come up on the list. As a direct result I have invited you, and others in order to inquire as to how many walk the light, and to ask those who do not to join us in doing so. Would you not wish the same? That everyone worked together for the greater good without hindrance?
Havelock

As you arrive the crystal lake reflects the deep bloody scarlet of the sky as an all consuming glow. Morbidly you are reminded of how that may be the fate of the world once again depending on how this works out. Generally there was enough trouble when the lords gather, but it would be a million fold worse with such an obvious trap. All the same, something this powerful is likely to trap a great many of your enemies, and if it doesn't it makes for a great chance to finish off the deed yourself. Still more was the lure of intrigue. Who was this man, what did he want? Previously you had ignored his presence as that of another fake prophet, or of some small cult, but it was not many that could cast such a spell...

As you knock the door swings open as if of it's own will to admit you. Within is a grand chamber a long table extends large enough to fit a hundred or two split into elevated tiers such that the higher nobility could be separated from lower. At the head of the table a bald man sits in a loose robe with an intricate depiction of an eye covering the whole of his head shining golden even in the bloody light. A heavy wooden shield rests beside his chair, and to those who sense such things he radiates a heavy aura of good and magic. About the hall several men and woman are setting the table. Large drapes serve to conceal the hallways from whence the servants seem to come and go. The fireplace burns with unnaturally dancing flames. The table is set, and a small pool of water sits behind the man with a small fountain in the shape of a dragon roaring to the heavens.

The man himself seems pensive and well on in years, though he is conversing with a young girl hat you recognize as a lesser deity, and a good aligned one at that. You catch the end of his statement: ...in doing so. Would you not wish the same? That everyone worked together for the greater good without hindrance?

Sachiru&Havelock

Sachiru: Eceelith Taranis enters the chamber
OOC Havelock: feel free to roll against the save, if you succeed feel free to bring 'guests' (as the letter forbids), or to just not show in which case you end up able to better backstab people, but don't get to learn who this prophet is, and you may well make enemies of the other players in doing so. :smallbiggrin:
OOC Sachiru: Sorry if I misread your sheet, but you appear to not really have many followers to speak of, hence why I forgot about your save. I recall it was DC75

Havelock
2012-04-14, 08:17 PM
For GM:

It was DC70, and if succeeding, Eceelith is sending in a Simulacrum, using a Simulacrum mouthpiece spell to be "fully present" if she feels like it.

Will: 2d20b1+72

Simulacrum probably has the following spells active:
Greater Arcane Sight
True Seeing
Tongues
Mind Blank
G. Mage Armor
Elemental body (air)
superior resistance
create magic tattoo

Sachiru
2012-04-14, 08:23 PM
Sachiru&Havelock

Sachiru: Eceelith Taranis enters the chamber
OOC Havelock: feel free to roll against the save, if you succeed feel free to bring 'guests' (as the letter forbids), or to just not show in which case you end up able to better backstab people, but don't get to learn who this prophet is, and you may well make enemies of the other players in doing so. :smallbiggrin:
OOC Sachiru: Sorry if I misread your sheet, but you appear to not really have many followers to speak of, hence why I forgot about your save. I recall it was DC75

OOC: Okay, Eceelith Taranis. Knowledge check on who the heck he is, automatic 20 on roll due to Epic Destiny, so, 66 on the check.
Also, save against what? I believe it was DC 70 Will save against the invite, and since I have 69 on Will saves I succeed even on a natural one unless the "auto-fail on natural 1" houserule applies.
If it's Forbiddance, well, I'm NG, so will save for half. However, I have SR 55.
And yes, I have no followers. Well, no followers that I know of or actively recruited.

Oh right, forgot something: My character casts Detect Law as an SLA.

Havelock
2012-04-14, 08:25 PM
For GM again, appearantly, the die roller doesn't accept that kind of thing:
So appearantly, I can't do #D#B#+X, will save is the best of these two numbers:
[roll0]
[roll1]

On second though, that's not true, I only get to reroll if the dice says 1, but same thing in this case.

Havelock
2012-04-14, 09:17 PM
Those present sees:
Eceelith would not be instantly recognizable, a female elf clad in a jet black hooded robe of silk, spun so thin that there was no mistaking the ebony complexion of the person beneath, though telling the skin and the fabric apart is no easy task. The sort of garment with the audacious quality that the drow favours, covering everything, yet leaving little about the hour glass shaped body beneath up to imagination. The hood being completely opaque, however, concealing the face beneath in shadow, and keeping the hair out of sight. There is no mistaking the faint red glow of the eyes, a tell tale sign of strongly developed dark-vision.

She moves with a sensual grace that seems to not cost her any effort at all, a focused observer might notice that she seems to float across the floor rather than walk. Seemingly only registering, not acknowledging the presence of the other two, she moves without a sound, and takes her seat in the air, as if some invisible chair existed there, a quite comfortable one, judging by her relaxed appearance. Still making no sign of showing any sort of interest, it could be indifference, a more likely suspect would be arrogance, especially since she seated herself a head higher than the others present.

For GM:
as far as auras goes, the simulacrum probably registers as true neutral, considering that it is incapable of independent action, it does as it's told, even if it is equipped with Eceelith's intelligence and abilities (well, the intelligence and abilities of a weaker copy, that is), which just means that it is able to carry out vague or extremely complex orders.

Given that Eceelith almost never meets anyone in person, I don't think anyone has a chance of noticing that it's a simulacrum unless they have magical senses. Deathwatch will probably give a "neither alive or dead" answer, which would provide a hint, but the old man, or anyone else for that matter, may not know enough about her to be certain that it's not simply a way for her to keep on living. Lack of magic items may be another hint. But it could also be supreme drow "I don't need all the Christmas three decorations to kill you" arrogance.

And I take 10 on any relevant knowledge checks about the participants at this gathering, which gives me a result of 80 on everything except Arcana where I get 83.

drack
2012-04-15, 05:55 AM
Ah yes, forgot one small magic thing before I get called out for it. The door is animated allowing it to open for guests even though it is rooted to the spot. :smallbiggrin:

Sachiru

I had meant that I had forgotten to give you the whole 'if you want back up, or want to not come feel free to make a DC70 will save' schpeel :smallbiggrin: you're good, just making sure I'm no duping you

Havelock&Sachiru

As Eceelith enters the man frowns. "Frosty woman, tell me. Do you walk the path of light?"

Havelock
2012-04-15, 08:11 AM
Those Present:

The Path of light? Which one? I have heard of a score such. The voice was a soft soprano, full of melody. "Though it would appear as if I am anathema to most of them"

drack
2012-04-15, 09:08 AM
Havelock&Sachiru

Truly something in this world is afoul. How could there be many paths of light under the grace of the eye. Why I'd hopped there had been something, but it seems the honest path of the light winds through a woods, ill maintained leaving even those with the will for good to wander aimlessly in it's groves. Shaking his head in disbelief the man falls into a stunned silence.

One of the drapes rustles and a deathless garbed in a simple white robe with a slight gold embroidery walks through to offer the two of you each a golden goblet filled with a clear fluid. The gobbets each have a design of a tree slowly stretching it's roots out from the surface of the cup as spikes on the goblet. The woman is respectful bowing humbly and using your full titles, but her eyes seem uncertain as if she expects you to suddenly snap her head off any moment.

Sachiru
2012-04-15, 09:24 AM
"Now, now, let's not be argumental here.". Turning to the old man with the funny clothes, she says, "Recall what we talked about earlier about robbers? The same principle applies. Besides, diplomacy before demolitions, yes?", she quips.

Turning towards the newcomer, she asks, "My oh my, what nice material. Where did you get it? I'd like to know who made your dress."

OOC:

What does Greater Arcane Sight reveal about the new guest and the goblet? Also, what does Detect Law reveal?

Havelock: My character looks like this...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7713629/avatar.jpg

drack
2012-04-15, 09:40 AM
Havelock&SachiruThe Forbearer snaps to as if his mind had been wandering "Diplomacy before... Oh yes, excuse me if that sounded harsh, I was just contemplating my task, for the work before me is unending, but I have faith the eye will see me through.

The woman looks startled at your reply and casts a quick look at the man before replying that she had received the garb upon swearing her oaths to the light and embarking with the 'honored Forbearer of the eye'.

OOC: You detect no enchantments, but she does have a strong aura of law about her.

Havelock
2012-04-15, 09:56 AM
Greater Arcane Sight reveals the following effects:
Greater Arcane Sight
True Seeing
Tongues
Mind Blank
G. Mage Armor
Elemental body (air)
superior resistance
create magic tattoo
Simulacrum mouthpiece
Telepathic Bond

Detect Law:
No auras.

"Or, perhaps, the path of light is a phrase that many a church finds to be a fitting description for their activities?"

The newcomer seemed absent, though if she was *that* Drow, she might be holding a telepathic conference with some underling.

"Spidersilk from the underdark, and I made it myself."

drack
2012-04-15, 12:09 PM
Yes, the light is the righteous path the old man replies absentmindedly.

Havelock
2012-04-15, 12:25 PM
"Spoken like a believer" a few notes of scepticism could be heard in the soprano. "I remember a priestess that said the same about the test of Lolth before I cut her heart out."

drack
2012-04-15, 01:46 PM
The old man grimaces and stiffens as if a troll had smacked him along his face. "A priestess of this loth speaking of following the light. Why such blasphemy..." his voice turns cold enough to freeze hell ringing with a sense of great might, his aura of magic builds as if he intended to face the god herself, and his eyes took on a hardness colder than the abyss with all the determination of a paladin ready to smite the world. "Why ripping the heart of such filth is not enough, you should have taken her soul and..." Suddenly he seems to reassertion his surroundings as he half risen slowly retakes his seat all chill gone, releasing the spells half formed, and accepts a cup from the serving woman and drinks slowly, again in thought.

Havelock
2012-04-15, 02:09 PM
"No, she said that the test of Lolth was the path of righteousness. And now here you are asking if I am walking your righteous path of light under the eye, without specification of what that would mean. Perhaps you would care to elaborate?"

drack
2012-04-15, 02:37 PM
Ah. the man visibly relaxes. "Yes, yes, I forget that some are simply naive and could not fathom such greatness as the path of light. Yes yes, well the path of light is not something we learn from any text or bard, it is that which we all carry deep in our bones. Some just need some encouraging to find this light. Unfortunately I am not an encourager as we call them, and as such am unqualified to aid you in finding it, but I will tell you some of the basics. Your body is naught but a vassal of the eye, you exist only to serve the eye, you must do naught but good unto others, never abandon a comrade of the light, exercise all evil, do not condone violence in any way unless it is absolutely necessary for the sake of the light, and do not allow your soul to be tainted by the dark least the light need be reintroduced.

Now of course I am not yet an encourager, so I fear I can not encourage the light within you, but perhaps that alone will plant the seed. Now I would like to ask why is it you fear to come here?"

Havelock
2012-04-15, 03:26 PM
"There is a saying in Erelhei-Cinlu...there are paranoid Drows and there are dead Drows. Fear of the unknown is a valuable instinct, one that have ensured the survival of those wise enough to heed it."

drack
2012-04-15, 05:03 PM
Well the light is never new to anyone. Why sure looking into it may sting the eyes a bit, but it will cleanse you of the darkness.

The door opens again to admit a massive wolf-hound and a tree. The wolf nods respectively before taking a seat at the table with the tree standing a respectful three feet behind as a bodyguard would be expected to do. You sense nothing off about them, and they both show up true neutral. The wolf is about the size of a horse with a nasty looking scar above it's right eye, and it wears a clean white coat of fur over it's own jet black fur (a fur coat of sorts)

Right behind them comes a stone figure who silently sits opposite them without speaking or motioning to anyone, almost as if denying the existence of the world. Around it's neck is an intelligent amulet that greets you all. (lawful neutral, no wards)

Havelock
2012-04-15, 05:33 PM
"I have taken no more precaution than I ordinarily do, despite how compelling your letter was on the subject of there not being any danger in attending."

She waved away offerings of drink, apparently not interested.

"But I suspect that any efforts of converting me will be rather futile."

OOC: Do I recognise any of those arriving with my nice knowledge modifier?

drack
2012-04-15, 05:43 PM
Knowledge checks on the others:
A stone construct That's all it really is :smalltongue:

The tree
A Trent

The wolf

Of the fierce breeds known to walk the Gaiad forests, the second pelt is worn by clan chiefs, taken from a would-be-usurper.

The wolfhound barks (and is translated by the wards as saying) "I am he who walks the midnight moon, representative of the Gaiad Forest in place of the high witch of the third cove. Speak your names"

Havelock
2012-04-17, 05:01 PM
OOC: what do I know of The Gaiad Forest, high witches and third covens? And intelligent amulets that likes to hang around the necks of stone constructs.

"I was under the impression that it was the responsibility of the host to introduce his guests?" A slight amusement in her tone, Eceelith had no intention to obey any sort of command.

drack
2012-04-21, 12:01 PM
Gaiad Forest

Generally the Gaiad forest keeps to it's self, but all know of it as cursed woods filled with witches. You can only assume covens are a subgroup of 'witches', but the truth of the matter is that the Gaiad forest is an overgrown forest teeming with wildlife all in the control of those that loosely fit the grouping of druids. Few if any ever emerge alive after entering the woods, and those that have are either ambassadors unable to describe it beyond relaying messages, and those reduced to madmen endlessly babbling of horrors less than half real. The witches themselves almost nothing is known of, though the simple fact that they inhabit the woods implies that they likely have some magical power over them.
the amulet

Occasionally the stone mountain sends them out to hasten negotiations and bartering for hiring them as mercenaries in order to speed dealings via telepathy with a minimized loss in the case that the ally doesn't appreciate the prices. Than again it could as easily be another nation simply playing their cards close to their chest.

The old man waves his hand vaguely "When everyone's here so that I don't need to repeat myself many times for anxious youngsters."

The wolfhound looking dissatisfies grins in that manner that only wolves can. "I see, so you must hide behind your host for things even so simple as introducing yourself. No matte. , Such a feeble soul is beyond my noticing." At that he looks towards The Seal of Deceit.

Before The Seal of Deceit has a chance to answer the amulet speaks up "ET-HEM." "ET-HET-HET-HEM" It sounds as if dealing with some bad phlegm "I am the chief negotiator of the stone mountain. Why is it that the Gaiad forest was allowed to take more than one representative!? I demand someone answer for this!"

I fail to see the problem here, you yourself have a golem with you, than I animate a tree and it's unfair?

Yes, the letter clearly said to come alone, this construct is merely my body. why would it count? I demand you remove that thing from my presence

And who are you to demand such a thin-... now now, as the high which always said no use squabbling over such trifles.

The Forbearer of the eye introduces himself as such, and the servant returns again with more deathless to offer more drinks.

A loud bang is heard from the door followed by a frenzied knocking, and yet the door remains sealed.

Havelock
2012-04-21, 06:33 PM
The Drow did not dignify the remark with any sort of reaction. Eceelith considered for a brief moment to call forth a Klurichir to send the wolf a message, but pushed it aside as unproductive.

Meanwhile, she sent out several telepathic messages.

To Stella Varagin: "I require ten Klurichir's for operation Abyssal roast, you may add additional lesser demons at your discretion"

To Ember Triel: "I require ten scrolls of soul bind, intended for the same number of Klurichir's within a week, as you might guess, the empire plans to have a new growing city in need of a temple to the Ruby Lady"

To Ashtaran Dovalek: "Our Agents report cultist activity in the elven nation of Tynntangial, their assessment indicate that they might be capable of unleashing a scourge too powerful for the elves to handle. It may become necessary to take preventive action to ensure that our borders are secure."

drack
2012-04-24, 06:41 AM
Havelock

elves initiative after surprise round of teleport/move [roll0]

Havelock
2012-04-24, 09:57 AM
Klurichir Iniative: [roll0]
Balor Iniative:[roll1]

Teleport and move such that positions after surprise round is like so:
Klurichirs (huge):
-All are centered on AJ column.
-Centered on rows:
3, 43, 83, 123, 163, 203, 243, 283, 323, 263

Buffs: Protection from Energy (Acid, Fire and Cold), Unholy Aura (DC26), Haste, Stoneskin. CL20

Balors (Large):
-The northwest square they occupy is on AD column.
-Northwest square is on rows:
2, 22, 42, 62, 82, 102, 122, 142, 162, 182, 202, 222, 242, 262, 282, 302, 322, 342, 362

Buffs: Unholy Aura (DC26), Haste. CL20

drack
2012-04-24, 12:56 PM
Round 1 after teleport
Elves flee into shelters, elementals (which are surprisingly plentiful though small) disappear into the ground, King begins praying:
"Gods of this land hear my call, those you said may not be are here in you sacred land. May you banish them to the depths of hell where they may again join their devil kin. Gods in the earth bash their skulls until their brains bleed, and may they never escape the earth..." At which point his prayers segway into a gory description of exactly what his gods should do.

Havelock
2012-04-24, 01:38 PM
Balors will stay along the line they are positioned at, and they are to use blasphemy to catch as many as they can, anything with 10 or less HD is dead, anything with 15 or less HD is paralyzed, non-evil not affected. There's daze, strenght penalty and other fun stuff for those a little bit stronger. They'll use their quickened telekinesis to collapse buildings (by ripping out support pillars or throwing rocks at them) or whatever else will do the most carnage. If the king's voice comes from a building, focus on ripping the roof/walls away so that he's exposed.

One klurichir is going to firestorm the king's ass, if it looks like he's not immune to it, all of them within range (300' or can get there with 120' movement, I can calculate it if I get his position.) will do the same. Might kill him, might break his concentration. One Klurichir that can't get close enough to fry the king will set up a wall of fire across the exit. The northernmost and southernmost Klurichir's will set up walls of fire along the northern and southern edge of the village. all walls directed inwards towards the buildings. The other Klurichir's will move towards the king, using mass suggestion to get elves to flee towards the exit, hopefully creating chaos, panic and stampede.

drack
2012-04-25, 09:09 AM
Havelock

Your soldiers tear open the town hall releasing the king kneeling and begging (demanding) his gods aid. Without warning thousands of small elementals fill the air diving from the ceiling into the earth below linking hands in groups of twelve in order to pool their downward momentum. and smashing into anything in between, and as they do the floor it's self begins smashing your minions with fists of rock. Did they get him too late?

small elementals
To each that fell: [roll0] falling damage (no additional after they hit since earth glide allows them to just have momentum once they hit the rocks below)
Damage to each of your servants (there are enough elemental to over an area large enough to be sure to hit them each) [roll1] damage to each
The floor hitting you
[roll2] for [roll3] damage
[roll4] for [roll5] damage
[roll6] for [roll7] damage
[roll8] for [roll9] damage
[roll10] for [roll11] damage
[roll12] for [roll13] damage
[roll14] for [roll15] damage
[roll16] for [roll17] damage
[roll18] for [roll19] damage
[roll20] for [roll21] damage
[roll22] for [roll23] damage
[roll24] for [roll25] damage
These attacks are on the klurichir in the market, than move on the the balor at the center of the market

Edit: 324 small earth elementals dead, one king dead, elves inside, each demon takes 53 minus DR damage, fists all hit, one klurichir dead. Balor takes 103 after DR and previously stated damage
Sorry for any confusion subscription-wise, accidentally reposed with update rather than editing, this is the initial post. :smallcool:

Havelock
2012-04-25, 10:57 AM
With Klurichir having DR30 (likely Good and Cold Iron rather than +5, given it's 3.5), I get 165 damage dealt to it after DR, with 45 left. Which should leave Balors at 252 HP. Other Klurichir's at 187HP.

At any rate, that Klurichir will retreat and teleport away. (There's probably some minor called critters with cure X or other HP restoring SLA at will in support, Eladrin would be deliciously cruel, but something with less moral qualms is preferable, if there isn't, it'll be called forth in time for any further major operations.)

Balors will use their greater dispel as area effect to try and snuff out whatever effect the king managed to start. If scrying isn't blocked, it's quite likely that various simulacrum's are paying attention with detect magic through the sensor to be better able to pin point. Otherwise, Balors will throw 10 dispels to cover where the king was standing and 10 dispels to cover where the fists came from.

Rolls: Targeted differently if accurate information about where the effect originates from can be relayed.

Against King:

[Roll=1d20+20

[Roll=1d20+20

[Roll=1d20+20

[Roll=1d20+20

[Roll=1d20+20

Against Fists:

[Roll=1d20+20

[Roll=1d20+20

[Roll=1d20+20

[Roll=1d20+20

[Roll=1d20+20

Quickened Telekinesis to maximize damage output.
Eight Klurichir's will create walls of fire so that the flames surround the entire Village like a fence. Positioned such as to create as big inferno as possible. Last Klurichir will set up a circular wall of fire around the biggest concentration of creatures, focused inwards. Klurichir's will move to be positioned over the pit, hopefully out of fist reach. Balors will move towards the west, such that Klurichir's are out of range of Balors blowing up on death.

Havelock
2012-04-25, 10:58 AM
Redoing dispel rolls, properly this time:

Against King:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Against Fists:
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

Should be sufficient to wipe out a CL25 effect.

Obviously, no demons or walls of fire was caught in the area.

drack
2012-04-25, 07:17 PM
Magical auras: they coat every house.
Dispel: they remove the magic from the area, but it seems to be too late, the fists continue to rain as another wave of kamikaze elementals fall
\
[roll0] to each elemental, and [roll1] damage to each demon.
[roll2] for [roll3] damage
[roll4] for [roll5] damage
[roll6] for [roll7] damage
[roll8] for [roll9] damage
[roll10] for [roll11] damage
[roll12] for [roll13] damage
[roll14] for [roll15] damage
[roll16] for [roll17] damage
[roll18] for [roll19] damage
[roll20] for [roll21] damage
[roll22] for [roll23] damage
[roll24] for [roll25] damage

But this time an observer reports something odd. The ground seemed to move before the fist, almost as if a stone creature was below the earth, and perfectly synchronized casters were casting stone shape before and after each punch such as to make it appear that the earth it's self was punching. Odd indeed.

As they break off this time the elementals manage to land properly all surviving this time around, the fists kill off the two balrogs in the market and begin to start appearing further north.

Havelock
2012-04-26, 06:19 AM
Klurichir's are above the pit, still at 187. Balors at 222.

And again you forget DR, only one Balor Dies, it goes to negative, hits the ground and then we'll see.

Reflex saves for adjoining Balors (DC30 half against 100 damage for everything within 100')
North: [roll0]
South: [roll1]

North Balor (of the dead one): 122
South Balor 75

Balors spreads out so that they are no longer in range of each other's blasts, such that the areas within their blast zones does not overlap much, maximum carnage upon death is desired, they will hover 5' above ground. All 28 demons will use firestorm (no overlap).

Another post forthcoming, I need to make another die roll.

Havelock
2012-04-26, 06:37 AM
Falling damage [roll0]

okay, so HP and such is correct.

drack
2012-04-26, 09:36 AM
Havelock

I did calculate DR in for all of them, and you're forgetting the update halving the DR of the Klurichirs
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20030718a
And yes I made sure to calculate the negatives in too.

Edit: honestly I think this encounter is easy considering the power you have at your disposal...

Havelock
2012-04-26, 10:26 AM
Right, so one Klurichir dead, the others are going to survive as they are staying over the pit (and there's no elementals falling on those not over the village proper, yes?) The balors are probably all going to die, and because they make such wonderful explosions, the Klurichir's prefers for them to die rather than the summoning spell to wink out. Two or three more rounds from now, there won't be any spot in the village where a creature may stand without taking fire damage, Klurichir's have one more firestorm to unleash (some of them has two), after that, there's things like telekinesis to rip down anything that won't burn. Then they can lace the entire entrance with symbols of death to ensure that survivors and investigation parties gets into real trouble.

Is it really much point in playing this out round for round? Because a demonic attack that burned down their capital, with a sizeable amounts of Klurichir's roaming around is pretty much satisfactory to my general objectives.

drack
2012-04-26, 07:02 PM
Havelock

"and there's no elementals falling on those not over the village proper, yes?" incorrect, they are targeted too, though there are fewer mobs falling over the pit
"Two or three more rounds from now, there won't be any spot in the village where a creature may stand without taking fire damage, Klurichir's have one more firestorm to unleash (some of them has two), after that, there's things like telekinesis to rip down anything that won't burn." Yes, except the houses are solid stone and would take quite some damage to down. It took all your kings horses and all your king's men to wipe out one building. So it'll likely take more than that to kill them in 2-3 rounds.
"Then they can lace the entire entrance with symbols of death to ensure that survivors and investigation parties gets into real trouble." A valid point assuming no anti-magic or the like is involved.

"Is it really much point in playing this out round for round? Because a demonic attack that burned down their capital, with a sizable amounts of Klurichir's roaming around is pretty much satisfactory to my general objectives." I'm sorry the one thing that I find moderately humorous is that you have invaded an elven village, ripped down one building, killed a few small elemental that really was more of a kamikaze than you killing them, and Ironically enough have yet to face an elf, and yet you are complaining that it's too easy, you've already won, and that it's hardly worth your time. Judging by how many houses there are there are a few hundred elves (yes I have solid numbers an am not making it up as I go). Honestly I'd say it's against your favor as it stands. :smallconfused: This game is a tad larger scale than tossing a small handful of demons and expecting an easy victory. To do so with a small group would likely require some of your strongest supporters. :smallcool: Now that is not to say such groups of demons are useless, after all they are doing damage. Just that they aren't unbeatable. :smallcool:

Ah yes, and as a heads up, falling elementals take a while to get back up, and as about twice as many that hit are falling each round, they'll run out soon, though than the survivors will still be on the ground to do their thing I suppose. (sunk into the ground, but there all the same)

Edit: ah yes, and your Klurichirs seem to be over houses, not the pit. :smalltongue:

Havelock
2012-04-27, 04:45 AM
I said that they were moving over the pit, I just didn't bother to update the map.

drack
2012-04-27, 04:52 AM
Havelock

Ah... still :smallcool:

Sachiru
2012-04-30, 07:52 AM
Amused, Deceit watches the interchange between the wolf and the sentient... amulet... thing.

"I represent no country, and are from no land. I am merely a scholar looking for rare tomes, devoted to the pursuit of knowledge.

I side with no one, and seek no enemy. I was invited here by our gracious host, and went simply because of the hope of learning where other stores of knowledge are to be found.

Personally,", she quips, as though thinking out loud, "I couldn't care less about your petty wars. Now, if you know of any libraries containing tomes of hidden knowledge, however, ", she says, growing more animated, "I would be much more interested."

Having said her piece, she leans back in her chair, glancing at the others once in a while.

As usual, what does my passive Greater Arcane Sight reveal about the newcomers?

Havelock
2012-04-30, 09:14 AM
"Indeed?"

The drow appeared to be a skeptic.

DM:
Honestly, I don't really want to micromanage things like called monsters set loose on some elven village. It's 20 CR20 monsters and 10 CR25 monsters against whatever defenses are in place. The way it looks like now is that Balors will do as much damage as they can before exploding, while Klurichir's will minimize damage to themselves (such as positioning themselves just below the ceiling so that falling damage becomes negligible) and deal as much damage as they can before they have to retreat.

So the interesting part is if anything that has yet to be seen pops up, how many Klurichir's that dies (remember that they are no more suicidal than a demon that is told that the secondary objective (primary is to death and destruction) is to survive to fight another day.) And how much of the city appears to be intact afterwards (scry location from some underling, or simply scrying on a survivor that was spotted), Balors blowing up will deal 100 damage to 11.5% of the city just by dying, and unless the scenario changes from how it has currently been developing, there'll be walls of fire with 20 feet intervals covering the entire city for 20 rounds each. So, the way things looks like, I think it's fair to say that anything flammable will burn down. And it'll be like a very hot oven for living things.

drack
2012-04-30, 10:20 AM
Havelock

Fare enough, end result than:
next round elves seem to rise from the ground firing arrows, five appear to be some manner of arcane archers, the onslaught only adds to the death. Elementals act to provide cover, ground continues to attack, and as it is your force appears insufficient to deal with them. After the firestorms hit small canopies of stone seem to rise up around the elves shielding them, and the ground it's self moves to close the gap through which your demons entered. Town hall and outside are the only places from which teleportation is feasible without dispelling more wards.

Yes looking at CR alone you had the advantage, but it seems to not be enough from a mechanical viewpoint. :smallcool:

Havelock
2012-04-30, 12:17 PM
GM:
Okay, I guess the Klurichir's throw away the strongest they have (firestorms, probably), and retreat eastwards for teleportation. Balors are merely summoned, so nobody cares about them, and focus on mowing down defenders with blasphemy which is a spread effect, so goes around corners and such.

Hmm, so is there some demon that would be able to deal with this kinds of tricks, off to find some books.

Also, the wizard that called forth all of these most certainly would be protected by mind blank (which wizard (with access to abjuration) of 15 or more levels isn't?)

drack
2012-04-30, 12:37 PM
Havelock

Also just a pointer, but consider the terrain. You are summoning fliers into a cave to fight a peoples that have control over earth elementals and the terrain. :smallbiggrin: Not to mention the battlefield control they have...

Sachiru
2012-04-30, 10:33 PM
Deceit ignores the drow, knowing that whatever she does, she cannot convince someone whose mine is already made up. She continues both scanning the people within and waiting for latecomers.

So, Greater Arcane Sight reveals what about medallion and wolf?

drack
2012-05-01, 06:08 AM
Deceit

Whoops :smallredface: amulet is on an unrewarded stone golem, and the amulet is an intelligent magical item.

The tree is animated via a spell (Liveoak)

The wolf is unwarded.

drack
2012-05-20, 06:26 PM
Well I'm a tad disappointed that nobody else ms close... (no responses from the five PMs I sent), so I guess it' IC time:

Slowly the light trickling in through the window began to falter and darkness fell. The air began to grow stale despite the countless delicious looking dishes that were brought before you, and the endless rivers of wine begin to look less appetizing despite their quality. Finally with some reluctance the Forbearer stands looking down on the five of you, and the twenty or so lesser lords that have entered the hall seated at the base of the table. I fear I find myself somewhat disappointed at the lack of faces here... no matter. I have come to this world from another far distant as the Forbearer of the eye of Shan, and the Legion of the light. I have walked your realm, and I have seen tragedy and ruin. As he speaks his voice slowly gains the strength of a priest unaccustomed to any disagreement and lot allowing time for any to take root. I have seen countless souls damned for failing to follow the light, and so I ask you sisters, brothers, help me vanquish this darkness, surrender to the light, and let it take you, stand with me against this darkness least the world Shall Perish. "Perish" seems to reverberate around the large hall for a minute before finally silence takes the hall.

Havelock
2012-05-21, 04:52 AM
"Elaborate"

It was spoken as a command, as if the Drow viewed the man as merely an adviser in her service.

drack
2012-05-21, 11:41 PM
The Man continues as if he had just been pausing for emphasis. "In twenty minutes of the time my people feel they will arrive here with all our legions, and your world will be purged like the others, and the light of the eye will shine brightly upon your lands. Your crops will be plentiful, and crime will be nonexistent as will all of the dark magics. You will finally be free to strive towards noble pursuits like slaying the evil, and educating the heathens of the proper way as I do now.

Havelock
2012-05-22, 04:19 PM
"Shall it perish because if we do not, those legions of yours will kill everyone?"

Igneel
2012-05-22, 04:30 PM
Striding into the room, AussirKepesk's ebony talons clicked against the stone beneath his rather large stature at about 12 feet from ground to head. His scales of winter white almost glisten in the light that passes him by as his crimson eyes scan the room regarding the occupants within. Wearing several items more then likely of magical nature, most notably a amulet around his neck designed as a silver snowflake grasped by ebony talons, the symbol of AussirKhuno a dragon deity of winter and cold. Despite the physical look of a white dragon much lesser in years, this dragon has a aura that seems to hint at him seeing many a winter come and go, at least enough for several of his kind to have their lives wax and wane like a moon. The scent of deep frost and what can't be mistaken as fresh blood seems to waft from him as he takes a spot away from the table on the floor. Turning back to look at the host and everyone else, the dragon gives a slight bow of his head as he speaks with a voice akin to the whispering wind yet howling squal.

"I apologize for being so late... If not for my servants, I sometimes forget at times that a few days to mortals is but moments to me. Of course it doesn't help when a invitation comes in the middle of a project I do love to work on to pass the time. Have I missed the introductions?"

It seems that everyone has Mindblank up, and yet telling everything else they have up despite Mindblank blocking out all Divination magic from getting such info. I'll take it's more for the Dm's knowledge then the players...

Protection/Spells/Other that people can see/sense.

Mindblank from an Third Eye of Conceal
True-Seeing from an item combined to the Third Eye
Freedom of Movement from Ring
Energy Immunity [Fire] spell
Life Ward (Spell Compendium) spell
Rary's Telepathic Bond spell [linked to Cohort, and several other subordnates]
Scintillating Scales (Spell Compendium) spell
Chain of Eyes (Spell Compendium) spell [shared with Cohort]
Mindsight [Lords of Madness] feat allows me to know everyone within 100' Int score, and what creature type they are. [doesn't mention it being blocked by Mindblank, so if Dm rules it that way very well.]
Life Sense [Libris Mortis] feat allows me to see who is a living creature equate as a light source of varying brightness pending on size.
I'm Chaotic Evil aligned if they get past Mindblank
I'm definitely of the Overwhelming Evil aura for being a Cleric of 11 levels or higher, along with being Undead of 21 HD or higher.

Misc

Will Save against bringing a companion [which I chose not to bring]: [roll0] vs 70
Will Save against Forbiddence for half: [roll1] also have SR55
Probably not going to get much more or less what has already been posted on Knowledge/Int checks for those present.
Knowledge (religion) & Knowledge (history) for 'The Eye': Religion-[roll2], History-[roll3]
Blanket Int Check (cause I really don't care) on each of the other people in the meeting: [roll4]

For DM

In Winterdrake III secret language
'Alright Gwyneira, tell me what your eyes can see through mine and relay anything of note back to me.'
'Yes, M'Lord.'

In Winterdrake II secret language
'As for the rest of you, continue with forming the blocks of ice for my return. I detest having to wait for my sculpting material when you have more then adequate time to retrieve it. Make sure to use the ice I created the day prior.'
'Of course M'Lord.'

Gwyneira will use her Arcane Sight at will from Dweomerkeeper levels, along with Chain of Eyes to look through my eyes and relay info via our Telepathic Bond.
Several subordinates will be getting the Arctic Kobolds and Dwarves to carve out blocks of ice from a Oblivion powered Freezing Breath I did prior to coming.

Rough image of what I look like.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs29/f/2008/109/a/4/a4a53ba54b502c2295b69c5812951f8d.jpg

For Players that seek Knowledge info

AussirKepesk has kept quite for quite a few thousand years, with only few and far reports of a white dragon of his status working on a grand iceberg of a home until it was blanketed by a continuous blizzard and being lost in the southern regions of the map. Occasionally a ship sails to one location of the southern pole and encounters a blizzard seemingly of magical creation and get glimpses of a iceberg populated by arctic races, but are generally thought of as crazy afterwards as the location later is vacant of such a iceberg on later visits.
It is largely rumored that AussirKepesk was turned vampiric by another dragon, though the type and date was lost long ago largely as all dragons try their up most best to wipe any records of certain dragons or forget them to their isolation. All that is known was the dragon that turned AussirKepesk is more then definitely dead now.
What little is known about AussirKepesk is that he is a White dragon that looks to be Adult or Old age (anywhere from 200-600 years old normally) but has lived over 10 times that long. He partakes in drinking the blood of large mammals like mammoths or whales over humanoids, but recently has devised several magical items that can stave off his hunger for blood for limited amounts of time. Maybe its because of his immense number of years in age, but he doesn't seem to be effected as much by sunlight, but rarely he travels further then the blizzard storm that constantly howls about his iceberg home. He also stands as the current oldest and most powerful devotee to his deity AussirKhuno of the Material Plane.

drack
2012-05-22, 05:25 PM
Tone suddenly dark and foreboding he replies "Yes, filth that deny the light will be forced back to endless darkness." seemingly unaware of the dragon across the chamber.

AussirKepesk

Lets gather you a care package :smalltongue:

History of the eye

Throughout history countless group have claimed to serve some sort of eye drawing on the implications of the eye watching everything in order to keep up a totalitarian rule, and in some cases it is simply the truth with a beholder or some such creature heading the organization. Commonly these organizations aren't the most holy of nations, but there are countless verities. That aside you can recall none that used an eye akin to the one on the Forbearer's head as their symbol. Odd, after all every group makes a mistake sooner or later, and the rumors of the Forbearer crossing the lands recently make him seem hardly the type to keep a low profile.

Note Oh yeah, I forgot, specific spells that people that see magic and automatically identify everything see.

Around him
Death Ward
Death ward
Discern Lies
Freedom of Movement
Owl's Wisdom
True Seeing
Protection from Evil
Deathwatch
Inner Beauty
Nixies Grace
Spell Immunity, Greater
Death Pact
Arcane Sight, Greater
Divine Power

In the room
Forbiddance... everywhere (though it ends at the door, and loopholes to this spell have been covered in detail in recruitment)
Hallow holds tongues and zone of truth throughout the room eliminating linguistic problems.

Edit:
Ah yes, and I forgot to share the picture. This with the golden eye softly glowing on his head.
continued
Ah yes, forgot one small magic thing before I get called out for it. The door is animated allowing it to open for guests even though it is rooted to the spot. :smallbiggrin:

Knowledge checks on the others:
A stone construct That's all it really is :smalltongue:

The tree
A Trent

The wolf

Of the fierce breeds known to walk the Gaiad forests, the second pelt is worn by clan chiefs, taken from a would-be-usurper.

Gaiad Forest

Generally the Gaiad forest keeps to it's self, but all know of it as cursed woods filled with witches. You can only assume covens are a subgroup of 'witches', but the truth of the matter is that the Gaiad forest is an overgrown forest teeming with wildlife all in the control of those that loosely fit the grouping of druids. Few if any ever emerge alive after entering the woods, and those that have are either ambassadors unable to describe it beyond relaying messages, and those reduced to madmen endlessly babbling of horrors less than half real. The witches themselves almost nothing is known of, though the simple fact that they inhabit the woods implies that they likely have some magical power over them.
the amulet

Occasionally the stone mountain sends them out to hasten negotiations and bartering for hiring them as mercenaries in order to speed dealings via telepathy with a minimized loss in the case that the ally doesn't appreciate the prices. Than again it could as easily be another nation simply playing their cards close to their chest.

Whoops :smallredface: amulet is on an unrewarded stone golem, and the amulet is an intelligent magical item.

The tree is animated via a spell (Liveoak)

The wolf is unwarded.

Intro that I forgot to give you, a tad outdated as is expected seeing as you arrived a tad late :smallbiggrin:

As you knock the door swings open as if of it's own will to admit you. Within is a grand chamber a long table extends large enough to fit a hundred or two split into elevated tiers such that the higher nobility could be separated from lower. At the head of the table a bald man sits in a loose robe with an intricate depiction of an eye covering the whole of his head shining golden even in the bloody light. A heavy wooden shield rests beside his chair, and to those who sense such things he radiates a heavy aura of good and magic. About the hall several men and woman are setting the table. Large drapes serve to conceal the hallways from whence the servants seem to come and go. The fireplace burns with unnaturally dancing flames. The table is set, ans a small pool of water sits behind the man with a small fountain in the shape of a dragon roaring to the heavens.

Igneel
2012-05-22, 05:42 PM
"Ah, so it seems that I haven't missed much then..."

Making himself comfortable AussirKepesk takes the time to look a his talons to be sure that they don't have too much dirt on them. After all, someone of his status needs to look presentable.

"Its always the same with those that believe that the Light is the 'truth' and is 'just'. But I have seen more then my share of such lies come and go like all Lights have to go out eventually just as all Darkness eventually is stalled. If that is the meaning behind this meeting I don't see why you even bothered to send an invite to one such as I if your only going to spew your drivel on how your self righteous kind hold onto such flimsy ideals."

drack
2012-05-22, 07:07 PM
"Drivel?" "lies?!" He fixes you with a glare cold enough to refreeze your keep, . "Do you see this mistaken fool? I suggest you give yourself over to our purifying process now while there is still a way for you to avoid an eternity to reconsider with your false god where you can watch them die gagging on their unholy vomit of false truths.

Sachiru
2012-05-23, 06:00 AM
"Now, now, I'm sure we can all come to an amicable settlement here.", Deceit says with a conciliatory gesture. Turning to the man, she says with a peaceful air:
"As for your offer, as much as I deeply sympathize with your tenets, I most unfortunately have a much bigger task granted to me, with regards to certain tomes. I may take you up on that venture in the future, but for now, I'll pass."

Havelock
2012-05-23, 06:34 AM
"And this Shan and his legions, of which history has almost nothing to say, and some of us have studied it quite intently I might add. What makes them more capable than the Deities that we know about? History has seen it's fair share of would be world conquerors and bringers of apocalypse. "

The drow was almost dismissive.

"They have one thing in common, they all failed."

Last remark delivered in icy monotone.

drack
2012-05-23, 10:00 AM
The powers of the eye have won out elsewhere, they will here, though I am curious now. What task could possibly be greater than purging your world of all that is evil?

Havelock
2012-05-23, 11:49 AM
"Few would compare in magnitude, sure." The drow allowed, though perhaps with a selective interpretation of the word "great". "As for your Legions, there are no proof of their victories elsewhere, the only thing thus far to separate you from countless charlatans is that most of them do not have access to magic as powerful as you apparently have"

drack
2012-05-23, 12:32 PM
Do you so fully doubt the light? Voice softening somewhat the Forbearer continues Well I suppose you have reason. Your world is filled with so many false shadows feigning illumination. I have spoken naught but the truth to you today, and in your heart you should know this. As to why we don't exist in your history this is because we are coming to your world, our victories are over other worlds.

In your heart you're beginning to feel that this guy just might be stupid enough to be telling the truth :smallwink:

Havelock
2012-05-23, 04:06 PM
"So you say, yet you have presented me with no reason to believe you."

Igneel
2012-05-23, 04:37 PM
"HAHAHAHA!"

Roaring with laughter that rumbles across the room at the 'cold glare', AussirKepesk finds it quite entertaining how this little one takes him for a fool.

"Do you think to scare me with your threats and empty promises? Your so called 'Light' has left my 'kind' in the darkness and cold as to live in your sunshine and warmth. You blind yourself and burn yourself by looking towards the suns rays, whilst I look forward to seeing the world freeze over once more like so many millenniums ago. Only when I try to feed myself as you do on the rumps of slaughtered lamps do so called Heroes come to confront me. Yet here I am, dulling my thirst with the aid of magic that none of the Light thought to give to aid those cast out into the shadows."

Pausing to listen to what the drow has to say he almost nods in agreement.

"History of this world has only shown multiple organizations, whether they be for the Light, Darkness, or neither come and go as all things in time must, into dust. I find it interesting that you speak of other worlds, yet have little to show of such. Or for that matter, that your Deity is that much better or more knowledgeable then ours when you seek to destroy the night which the daylight cannot exist without. It would be like trying to tear one side of a coin off and and continue calling it a 'coin'. To even attempt such fallacy is to just cause an even greater shade to appear in due time."

Looking to the other attendees AussirKepesk extends a talon to them.

"Does the forest that presents it's shade to keep those hiding under it from burning under the sun along with worshiping the moon as much as the sun, or those that scurry under the mountain of which some of the 'darkest' and most 'vile' beings thrive wish to add more?"

drack
2012-05-23, 05:41 PM
The large wolf pauses to consider before replying "true the shade of the forest is wonderful, but so too do the trees need sun, or there would be no forest. Neither nay nor night lasts forever, and so we shall watch the sun rise or fall from our canopy."

The amulet then openly informs the room. "As always the tone mountain is willing to provide troops to any with coin for them. I hear the sun is made of gold."

The light shins upon those who aid it in many ways. the Forbearer agree

Soon the hall has erupted into chaos as the fifty or so odd lesser rulers begin proclaiming their loyalty and calling the man out as a fraud.

SILENCE! the Forbearer's aged voice booms through the halls. I weary from your trivial disbelieves, and they challenge my honor. Hence the next to challenge my honor will be challenging myself instead. Taking some of the steel from his voice he continues before the now silent halls I came here in order to offer you all a chance. A chance for redemption from the corrupt world you have grown in. Now I have been patient, I have been understanding. Who now will join the light?

No more than ten of the lesser lords stand and embrace 'the light'.

Sachiru
2012-05-23, 08:21 PM
"As for my reasons, I believe that they best are discussed in private.", Deceit says.

"I am willing to come to an equitable arrangement that is mutually beneficial to our goals, however, my commission comes first. You speak of halting a great evil, yes? Then you understand me if I tell you that my work is vital to preventing a great evil from recurring, yes?"

drack
2012-05-23, 08:30 PM
Hmm, in that case may I consider you faithful to the light until such a time as this great evil can be safely discussed?

Sachiru
2012-05-24, 12:18 AM
"Allow me to speak plainly, then. I shall remain neutral, and occasionally assist you if both our goals coincide, especially if your missions are related to certain, ah, tomes, that I am interested in, and you inform me of your need of my hand.

Otherwise, please consider me to be a non-entity in this conflict, since I have my own, no less worthy pursuits to... well, pursue."

drack
2012-05-24, 09:34 AM
If they are truly as evil as you say I fear it's unavoidable.

Havelock
2012-05-24, 10:59 AM
"It would appear as if many remain unconvinced, and who can blame them? The majority of those you have gathered here did not come to hold the positions they do by allowing themselves to be swayed by the words of one they do not know."

The drow spoke softly, the tone a wise monarch might use to guide and mollify a brash subject away from a self destructive course of action.

"Words carries little weight on their own, proof to validate them, or power to enforce them is required to support the construct they create."

drack
2012-05-24, 11:34 AM
True to his word at this expression of doubt the Forbearer replies "So Power is what you seek ice lady. Fine than, we duel right now, and may the light of the eye bless he-who-speaks-the-truth as the victor."

Havelock
2012-05-24, 02:53 PM
"No, there will be no duel to prove the truth. Proving yourself capable of destroying a simulacrum does little more than establish that you can do something which scores of others also can."

An icy undertone suggesting that the old man would receive no such short and easy way to victory.

"You come here seeking allies, you come here to gain converts. Your faith, like that of any other, must offer benefits, provide reasons for mortals to embrace it. You invite us all here, few being sufficiently strong willed to have a choice, I imagine, and you speak some words about your faith, and act insulted when only a handful are swayed by it."

[]I imagine that with the charisma and social skills (near epic results on diplomacy), he'll be loosing the floor if he lashes out in apparent rage.[]

The drow was not going to let him have things his way, he wanted people to accept the light, he would have to work hard for it.

"I have elected to maintain a presence here because the letter intrigued me. I have not dismissed what you say as nonsense because the summons impressed me. However, I remained unconvinced that your cause is one that I should follow, I have given you the chance to convince me, I am still offering you that chance. If you want to ruin that chance by causing me inconvenience by attacking my simulacrum, that is your choice."

A slight pause.

"Only the looser of an argument would resort to violence to settle a dispute."

The challenge was there, win by words if he could, or loose by violence no matter how powerful he may be.

drack
2012-05-24, 03:27 PM
"There i never a winner or looser in discourse, only the fostering of truth of the light, and a battle in the light is a much more honorable way to find he truth than a knife in the back, but I will accept that you do not wish your toy damaged.

I take no offense from your disagreement, only from your multiple direct affront to my honor as any man of honor would. Unfortunately while your disagreement with the teachings of the light may not offend me, they do name you as a friend of the shadow, and for that I fear your time is close at hand..." As the man speaks his tone darkens taking on an ominous air.

Havelock
2012-05-24, 03:54 PM
"Neither a battle nor a knife in the back can establish what is true and what is not, only who is the more able or lucky warrior. And I find it curious how you can see doubting your word as an affront to your honor, I do not know you, and as you would be aware of by now, if you have traveled these lands as you say you have, that it is quite full of lies. Doubt is wise under such circumstances, would you not agree?"

drack
2012-05-24, 05:35 PM
"So than each of them is dishonorable. A man of honer will always speak the truth regardless, for lies stain the soul, and there is no place for darkened souls in the light. By comparing them to me, and considering my words with theirs you do me a great dishonor. Were I a younger man I'd probably have claimed your head by now, but I suppose that is why this is a retirement, and not a position from which to earn quick glory. Amazing how the council of light always knows so well."

Havelock
2012-05-24, 07:13 PM
"In this world filled with dishonorable men, as you call them, a man of honor would have to prove that he is one before he can expect others to accept that. Ideally, I would agree, a man should be viewed as honorable until proven otherwise, but surely you must see that this is far from reality."

drack
2012-05-24, 09:20 PM
"I have spoken nothing but truth, I have not hidden my power nor my enchantments, I have invited you here in good faith, and engage in proper discourse rather than trapping and cutting you down one by one as you enter the door. You can tell by my actions and my words that I am a man of honor, how else could one prove such a thing?"

Tychris1
2012-05-24, 10:30 PM
Walking into the tent, his wings retracted, and with Leontrop on his arm Vuyrule smiles a large wicked smile through his helmet and says "Perhaps by slowly building yor reputation over time? You bring several lords and beings of great power in one spot to prove yourself once, and you expect us to fully believe in you despite not knowing of your existence a month ago." Staring at the forebearer now he continues "Now, while I do wish to assume the best of your nature, you are asking quite a lot from people who are entrusted with the lives of millions with little to back you up besides 'I didn't do anything the first time we met'."

drack
2012-05-24, 10:34 PM
"Oh, I apologize, should I have waited until you were a bleeding husk on the floor before offering that you join us? How inconsiderate of me to arrange this before waiting a proper span of time."

Tychris1
2012-05-24, 10:41 PM
"I'd certainly be more compliant as a husk then as a man with half the sense to not blindly trust a priest who presents a shiny thing as a point of worship." He quips back, a grin still on his face.

drack
2012-05-25, 12:20 AM
"If that is the case it can be arranged." the man replies levelly returning your smile.

Igneel
2012-05-25, 01:41 PM
"Ah what an exilerating debate! ''Believe me, or I commit mass genocide!' Hmph... I tire of this argument over your 'truth' and 'honor'. It's all well and done that you believe in your truth as I believe in mine, but your speech is only going about in circles like a buzzard in the sky.
If it was the other way around, if it was one of us or any other to come to your 'world' if you are indeed from another, I am sure you wouldn't believe in our words as we don't believe in yours. You came looking for allies and converters, you got them. You encounter non-believers as I'm sure you have in the past and you go on about how hurt your honor is like child crying to his mommy about being called a bastard child."

Repositioning himself so that he is sitting up with his tail curled around his area he considers the man before him.

"I didn't come because I was forced to, but rather that I find it terribly rude to ignore a invitation. I don't see how you can possibly give me what I haven't been given, nor any reason for you to continue crying over hurt honor when you just as much hurt those that have come before you. You claim that beings of the shadows only hide and stab you in the back, yet ironically at least one such being that normally hides is standing here before you treating you as close to equality as possible while tying to have a honest conversation. Thusly causing great dishonor to that person.
Granted, if there was to be a dual, I would be more then happy to take you up on that offer as that figment of a woman isn't worth a skirmish, it won't prove nothing for either of us. I kill you or at least try to, your army of the 'Light' still attacks. You kill me, or at least try, I might come back at a later date better prepared.
The way I see it, I am at a disagreement with what you say as all you seek is my or those akin's destruction despite me staying on my iceberg away from the rest of the world as opposed to what others before me have done. You can have the rest, I just wish to keep my iceberg to continue with my ice sculpting."

drack
2012-05-25, 01:52 PM
"I do not threaten mass genocide, that is merely fact. I have come quite simply to save those I may. As for if you were to come to my world preaching the light, we would join you without question, for we would be brothers of the light. Were you on the other hand to preach the shadow as you seem fond of I fear you would depart from our world that day without a corporal vessel. Though if you could could you clarify something for me?" The Forbearer appears puzzled
"What is this 'bastard' you speak of?"

Havelock
2012-05-25, 03:56 PM
"..if one were to come to your world preaching the light?"

The drow let the sentence hang in the air.

"Allow me to rephrase the question, if a person came to your world, and said that you all should be doing a certain thing because he is a man of honor and thus he must speak truth, none of you know anything about him, and none of you had any idea about what this thing he says you should be doing is, nor does he offer any explanation about what this thing is."

"Would you not greet him with doubt and skepticism?"

drack
2012-05-25, 04:16 PM
"If he is a true man of honor, than he is bound to speak nothing untrue, and thus I would have no reason not to believe him. Had I doubts I may challenge him to his eyes and see that he is indeed a man of honor, and have I no doubts I would listen."

Havelock
2012-05-25, 04:26 PM
"But if you were unable to determine that he was a man of honor or not?"

Igneel
2012-05-25, 04:58 PM
At the Forbearer's question, some of the ivory in AussirKepesk's mouth is revealed, including the slightly longer 'canines' prominent of a vampire of any sort.

"Its a figure of speech, one that I thought most if not all humanoids use, as at least those of dragon blood doesn't use it. Generally its used to describe a being that was born without knowing his father, such as a human mother that gave birth to a half-orc, but the father isn't there for the birth or its life.
Of course for some, being called a bastard is a insult as they know who and what their father is. In short, its like calling a dog a mutt, despite both of his parent's purebred and same breed status."

Seeing that the Drow Simulacrum has caught on at least to his point the dragon gives a nod once more to the drow in his mind.

"Yes, exactly my point. We, or at least I, have doubts, but we are here at least to listen till we are proven the only other way is more drastic. But there are different shades of Honor and Truth pending on the stance the person is standing, just as there are different sunsets pending on which direction or angle you look at it. You might be speaking a truth of one angle, but from mine is nothing by falsehood."

drack
2012-05-25, 05:09 PM
OOC

Shoot, I just remembered how much I hate these kind of people :smallyuk: anywho carrying on. :smallbiggrin:

"Where is there insult or dishonor in the father being off fighting valiantly for the light? Where is the shame in having such a courageous man as a father? I fear your customs still confuse me on occasion... anyways when one i a man of honor than it is a simple matter to pick out another. they will fight honorably, not cowering from your challenge, making excuses, or taking advantage of weakness. they will speak naught but truth, and their words themselves will shine under the light."

Havelock
2012-05-25, 06:21 PM
"Indeed? Well your world would be remarkable, as there are no men of this one that can instantly see that another is such a man."

drack
2012-05-25, 06:41 PM
At this the Forbearer becomes gravy concerned Truly? Is there truly no honor among your people?

Havelock
2012-05-25, 08:09 PM
"There are many who will fight honorably, not cowering from a challenge, making excuses, or taking advantage of weakness, that will speak naught but truth. But no mortal man is able to recognize another as one such without getting to know him."

drack
2012-05-25, 08:11 PM
Truly? And can one not get to know another best on the battlefield? From my sixty years of experience on the field I have come to believe they can.

Havelock
2012-05-25, 08:42 PM
"Perhaps, though I have known men that fights by the rules of chivalry yet maneuvers the game of politics in ways that would make my kind more paranoid around them than usual. And I have known others, seemingly incapable of telling lies, always keeping their promises, that will do whatever it takes to defeat an opponent in combat."

drack
2012-05-25, 08:48 PM
Looking somewhat relieved and haunted as if someone had just played a nasty joke on him the Forbearer lets out the breath he had been holding before replying. By your mention of these as examples of unhonorable men who follow the criteria I have stated I can only assume that this means you too know what it is that makes a man honorable.

Havelock
2012-05-26, 06:15 PM
"There are those that we call the Paladins, which fits your description perfectly, though they are not capable of instantly recognize each other for what they are."

"Perhaps your people are born with an ability that we lack, because the recognition between men of honor that you speak of does not exist here. Which means that to prove yourself to be what you claim to be, more than just words will be required."

Tychris1
2012-05-27, 01:38 AM
"What is the point behind this frivolous debating? You've gathered us here under some false pretense of peace only to badger us with mass extermination, then lick your wounds over your hurt pride as you bicker amongst us. Holy or not I can tell you right now that this Dark Knight is more virtuous then a man who thinks of us as animals to be tamed or exterminated." Vuyrule pulls out his sword from his sheath, Soul Drinker, and points it to the forebearer "Now it's obvious you have a stick shoved up your arse taller then one of the dead dragon's 'ice sculptures' so I'll just stop reasoning with you. You want a duel? You've got one, so I can just lop of your head and go home finally." Vuyrule prepares himself for the worse as he tightens his grip around his sword.

DM Only:
Sending a Telepathic command to Vuyrule's pet zombie dragon flying outside to roar on his command before swooping down onto Vuyrule's position to murder anything Vuyrule wants. The roar itself is a signal for his skeletal legion to deploy and start invading the meeting in order to help Vuyrule kill the forebearer in the event that Vuyrule starts losing.

Sachiru
2012-05-27, 08:45 AM
"Now, now, let's all calm ourselves. We are at a diplomatic assembly, and it provides a poor example for others if we bicker like spoiled children."

Turning to the Forebearer, Deceit says, "I expected a paragon of light to advocate peace and not be so aggressive. It seems that my expectations are wrong. I sincerely doubt that the one you are so devoted to would rejoice in seeing his disciples so thirsty for blood, even when unprovoked."

Turning to the newcomer, she drawls out, "And you, hotheaded man, sheathe your sword, please. If you want a duel, do it outside, where you have the space to do so and no chance of hitting innocent bystanders."

Returning to her seat, she speaks out in a loud voice, "Refrain from violence in these halls. I say this again: We are at a diplomatic assembly. We are afforded diplomatic protection by honorable men. There will be those of us who will react if any will break the peace here."

DM Only:

Readied action to cast quickened heightened (6th-level spell, 3rd-level slot due to mitigations) Silent Image, emulating a Wall of Force, to separate the two if they insist on fighting.
If I am targeted by anyone, immediate action to raise Indigo and Violet veils.

drack
2012-05-27, 09:09 AM
In truth I fear I do have a violent streak. The eye of course doe not advocate violence except for the purging of evil, but I fear I have fought too many years on the battlefield to play the games as well as I perhaps could. All the same I fear it goes against my honor to ignore a direct challenge.

He readies a round of action all the same

Havelock
2012-05-27, 07:52 PM
The drow gave away no visible reaction, though her eyes seemed to observe the unfolding events appraisingly.

Igneel
2012-06-02, 12:20 PM
Looking towards Vuyrule a bit of a smile dances across AussirKepesk's face once more before it disappears under his alabaster snot. "What would you know of my sculptures? They nary leave my ice kingdom save but as memories for the few visitors I entertain for they tend to melt in the outside world. I will admit that this meeting has halted my progress for working on a new piece that hopefully won't be so hastily destroyed by the sun and heat."

Looking at the table for seemingly the first time his amulet gives off a slight glow as a invisible force brings some of the more meatier foods closer towards him. As they bring the food his talon touches the received morsels as the strong smell of iron from blood emits from the meat before he dines by swallowing the meat whole.

"If it were all the same, I would have to agree. This meeting hall doesn't need blood shed that can just as easily be done outside. That and I dare say I wouldn't want such... Delectable morsels to lose their flavor by having it go to waste on the stone floor..."

As his crimson eye scans a few of the attending lords and ladies.

Unseen Servant from my Collar of Perpetual Attendance (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fools/20030401c), along with Prestidigitation to flavor/scent the food akin to blood.

Tychris1
2012-06-02, 12:51 PM
Vuyrule sighs and sheathes his blade "There is much wisdom in your words, girl, dragon. Let us take our quarrel outside." Turning he extends his arm out to gesture the exit.

DM Only:
Mental Command to Dragon: Move higher up and farther away. Then wait for my other command.

Cast Unholy Sword and Corrupt Weapon on Souldrinker. Prepare to Cast Bulls Strength.

drack
2012-06-02, 01:49 PM
Drawing two heavy wooden shields from beside his chair the forbearer follows silently, the golden eye on his forehead illuminated by a pulsating glow as his stride bespeaks confidence. About half way to the door the forbearer stops, and pointing to a deathless passing by he declares loudly"I claim my second"

Igneel
2012-06-02, 04:24 PM
The ever appearing and disappearing smirk dances once more across the dragon's face as he gets up to watch the fight from a better point of view.

"Well now... This is making up for what I could of been doing..."

For DM

In Winterdrake III secret language
'Gwyneira, I think that its about time that we start looking into trying to find more info on these 'other worlds' this man speaks of. Do you think the Court of Fey you hail from would know anything further?'
'An interesting question to ponder indeed. It could be possible, but then that would mean I'd have to leave AussirHurthia to find out. Is that what you wish?'
'No. I don't trust this Eye organization any more then I enjoy his pathetic spread of food and utter lack of hospitality. We will wait til my return as I wouldn't wish my 'children' to be left unguarded until at least one or the both of use are there.'
'Haha... You worry too much my love... I'm sure at least your Frozen Talon spellcasters could hold off an attack for a few minutes at least.'
'Best to be safe rather then be sorry my Snowflake. After all... 'Words are like knives. They can spread butter and honey, just as easily as they can stab you in the back' is a quote we live by in these days after finally finding the solution to our problem.'
'Of course M'lord. It would seem that your special ice is giving the collectors a harder time then expected. I will assist them in getting at least the first few set.'
'Much appreciated, any progress today will hasten the first steps to obtaining our glory. Will give you a call if there is a need.'
=====
Gwyneira will speed up the process of gathering max of 5 20'x20'x20' cubes of ice out of my 2,000 square ft Oblivion powered Frost Breath (treated like a Wall of Ice of a 20th level caster) by using her Manifest Ice (duplicates Shape Stone but with Ice and snow) Frostwind Power.
Not sure how heavy such blocks of ice would be, but assuming it doesn't weigh more then 750lbs she will also be using her Cryokinesis (duplicates Telekinesis but limited to Ice and snow objects or objects covered with Ice and/or snow) Frostwind Power to move them into position.

Sachiru
2012-06-03, 08:39 AM
So, am I unneeded? If so,", turning to the Forbearer, "Do you have a library here? I wish to request its usage, if you will allow it. I am a scholar, and I am certainly interested in the history, lore and ideals of this Eye you espouse, and as such I would wish to peruse your literature."

Her expression does not change, but her hands lower, and the aura of magic that enveloped her before dissipates.

"I would also like to request guest quarters, since I need rest. A bare room with no furnishings will be plenty for me, please."

Dismiss readied action, no longer cast anything.

drack
2012-06-03, 09:11 AM
I fear that you will find little of our literature here, as I am merely borrowing this estate from one who flocked to the light, but I do believe I have a copy of The Origins of The Light somewhere in here... padding himself down he eventually pulls out what appears to be a book in a small pouch before tossing it to you. As for a room there are plenty, go through the third hallway on the left, take a left, go up the stairs, down the hall, and there should be a few.

Calmly the Forbearer continues to take his place for the duel, closing his eyes and taking deep breath before allowing them to reopen almost sleepily, and yet there seems to be more focus in that gaze.

Havelock
2012-06-03, 05:35 PM
"Perhaps you might be so kind to provide copies of those texts of yours? I'm quite sure that many would very much like to read them, myself included."

For DM:
The simulacrum will pay close attention to the duel, but will stay out of their way and does not plan to take any part in the coming fight.

Igneel
2012-06-15, 03:37 PM
Following behind the duelists, AussirKepesk sits near the doorway with enough room to crane his neck out to watch the upcoming battle.

"I too would appreciate a copy for my meager library back at home. Despite what you think I do try to teach my clergy about the religions of Light to some extent."

For Dm:
AussirKepesk is going to 'honor' the duelists by doing his best to stay out of the battle, which judging from the map would be best done by staying near the door.
Also, any spells cast within 60' of AussirKepesk he is entitled to a Spellcraft check thanks to his Ring of Spellbattle even when he can't see it.
Pending on the outcome/abilities displayed, he might join in if the challenger against the Forbearer loses.

drack
2012-06-15, 03:57 PM
I fear I had only the one with me. Perhaps among yourselves copies can be made.

Tychris1
2012-06-17, 11:21 PM
Smiling, Vuyrule says "I'll be sure to have my scholars print more of them for research when I return." he readies his blade as Leontrop walks between the two combatants. "The rules for the fight are simple, first man to submit, or be felled, loses and the other is crowned the victor. May you die in glory." she says, addressing the two before turning around and walking towards a seat to watch the soon unfolding carnage. While she speaks, Vuyrule begins to become enveloped in nothingness, his form disappearing in plain sight as his body turns invisible. "And may the best man win."

DM Only:
Vuyrule casts Retributive Invisibility while the rules are read.
Initiative:[roll0]

drack
2012-06-17, 11:30 PM
The Forebearer smiles and nods his head in acknowledgement

this is face to face with each knowing what is coming beforehand, so it seems he is allowing you the first move, but you have each had all the time in the world to ready actions, so expect him on his guard.

Tychris1
2012-06-18, 12:29 AM
Utilizing all the skill and training he had undergone during his hellish wars, Vuyrule takes flight and quietly begins to move his way over to the priest. With enough grace and silence that you would be justified to believe that the young Blackguard Lord had up and left the duel for more interesting sport. But there he would lay, nearby the priest, waiting for his reaction.

DM Only:
Moving within melee distance of the herald. Not doing anything else.
Move Silently Check:[roll0]
Disguise (To add ontop of the invisibility, Contragh will bolster it by putting himself in places or positions that will make it random swinging and detection even harder to perform):[roll1]

drack
2012-06-18, 08:22 AM
The Forebearer continues to watch you. "The first move is yours."

recall a move silently won't hide you, and you can't hide while watched. He shows no sign as to if he hear you or not though.

also how does disguising yourself help you silence your steps? :smallconfused:

Also place yourself on the map https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqrKlOMj1BaLdGptbXhfSFJKeW5SNWkxNXpmMzJNO UE#gid=2

Tychris1
2012-06-18, 03:19 PM
Taking a breathe in, Vuyrule begins a rapid assault with his sword, swinging the blade in a furious fashion, as dark energy pulses through it with great vigor. As one of the blades hits he spits out in a vile and forbidden language some horrific and savage word towards the Forebearer.

DM Only:
Applying Cursed Smite to all 4 attacks, also applying Sword of Death on the blade, if one of the attacks hits Vuyrule will cast Word of Changing on the Forebearer. He'll try to polymorph the forebearer into a bunny or a mouse.

To Hit:[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Damage:[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Negative Levels:[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Cursed Smite:[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

Sword of Undeath:[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

drack
2012-06-18, 03:34 PM
The first strike slits the Forebearer's right wrist, and seemingly surprises the man, though he manages to artfully dodge and weave through your strikes, mumbling a prayer.

before I go on to his spells could I have the DCs/rolls against SR as applicable for the various bad things I expect that hit will inflict? :smallbiggrin:

Tychris1
2012-06-18, 03:51 PM
Cursed Smite DC:42 (Can only be taken at the END of your turn)
Negative Levels DC (Fort): 25
Polymorphy DC (Fort): 41

That's all you can save against. Everything else is just pure damage. Also you are taking a -2 modifier to saves from Aura of Despair, -8 to all rolls due to Cursed Smite, have to roll twice for all rolls and pick the lowest due to Aura of Strife, if you fail any of these rolls you become nauseated (No saving throw for that) for 1 round. Also if you fail the cursed smite roll then you have to take another save or immedieately die due to Curse of Death. Same DC as Cursed Smite. Also, every round that you fail to save Cursed smite it's DC goes up by 1 and so does Curse of Death's DC.

drack
2012-06-18, 04:25 PM
Without word or motion three eyes composed of light instantly flash open in the air around the Foebearer, as golden as the one upon his head, and further illuminating the entrance with their glow. As they open you see the fire of their pupils flash.

everyone not watching this from a head on approach
A burst of flame seems to jump from the eyes towards the knight.

mechanics:

those of you who now divine magics recognize that the spell it's self is similar to the holy star spell, and two more quickened.
to hit:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

damage:
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
fire damage

Igneel
2012-06-18, 05:38 PM
Grinding his teeth with a bit of a hiss at the idea of being hit by such a bright and fiery spell such as the one the Forbearer's opponent just took AussirKepesk can't help but let out a comment.
"Ooohhh... That's gotta smart..."

For Tychris1 (and Dm I suppose)

Reaching out telepathically AussirKepesk seeks to see if the opponent will listen to his mental words. Attempting to brush his mental link against the fighting man's mind without posing any sign of hostility he awaits to see if he is granted entry before trying to communicate.

"It would seem that my eyes [read as: Lifesense] tell me that you are not of the living sort. If you are indeed an undead, of which I suspect a vampire as you don't take on the approach or the appearance of other undead take I wish to extend a helping talon as it were if you'll allow me. It only makes sense that creatures of the night like ourselves should stand up against this being of the Light that wishes only our destruction am I right?"

Pausing only for a short bit he continues.

"I know not your abilities, strengths, weaknesses, or knowledge so I will clue you in on at least your opponent's defenses he has shown myself and my cohort's eyes. Take from it what you will... And may you have a bloody victory to your battle."

From there, AussirKepesk relays the list of spells that him and his cohort were able to decipher to the fighting man assuming that he accepts the knowledge, or even knows what to do with said knowledge.

List of Spells

Death Ward
Death ward
Discern Lies
Freedom of Movement
Owl's Wisdom
True Seeing
Protection from Evil
Deathwatch
Inner Beauty
Nixies Grace
Spell Immunity, Greater
Death Pact
Arcane Sight, Greater
Divine Power
+
Holy Star-alike

Edit: (OOC: Thread ate my post and isn't showing it?)
Edit II: (OOC: Fix'd)

drack
2012-06-18, 07:47 PM
At AussirKepesk's (audible) comment the luminescent golden eye on the Forebearer's head whip to him before returning to it's proper place on his forehead. Somehow that movement seemed unnerving, as if the man was accustomed to being attacked from all sides at once. Truly one who had fought and learned well in at least one great war.

In a deep voice bespeaking the power of things past the Forebearer begins to speak the tails within the book that he had just given.

"Long ago in the lands beyond gods there lived med of pure hearts who sought peace."

"It is said these men had nothing and had been exiled from their lands by a vile tyrant who made the kingdom his slaves, and horded all the wealth of the world. But back then golds and silvers did not exist. No, it was the souls of the people that were the true treasures of the land."

"These exiles bravely ventured into the void beyond and came upon the truth. They found the Eye of Shan. Waving their arms about they preformed the first dance f the sun summoning it's gaze..."

not realistic if I tell the whole story in one six second time block :smallwink:
As the eyes materialize Otiluke's Suppressing Field vanishes from around the Forebearer

Tychris1
2012-06-23, 02:06 PM
Grinning, Vuyrule wipes a bit of blood away from his mouth and looks at Aussir "Not too badly." he said as he tightened his grip on his sword. Turning back to the Forebearer he sees him begin talking and sighs before thinking "Blah blah blah blah blah. Great, the guys going into storymode. Better shut him up." and promptly attempting to do so via 4 rapid slashes with his sword.

DM Only:
Cursed Smite on two of the highest to hit swings, if one of any of the attacks hits then he casts Devour Magic as a swift action on the Forebearer's Spell Immunity. Also Fast Healing 20 Points back.

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

To Wound:[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Cursed Smite:[roll12]
[roll13]

Sword of Undeath:[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

Dispel, Greater:[roll18]

To Igneel (And DM i guess):"Thank you for the information. You guess correctly in my visage, albeit my peculiar situation means that you are both wrong and right. When I am far less preoccupied in a life or death situation I would love to sit down and talk with you all about it but as of right now you can clearly see someones trying to vaporize me with light. Your help is appreciated, and hopefully will be fruitful in this bloody melee.

drack
2012-06-23, 03:11 PM
Perhaps it was because he was distracted by the psychic chatter, but the Forbearer managed to dodge three blows before he is caught in the shoulder. Meanwhile the forebearer makes no move, but the wounds on his arm begin to heal as if of their own accord as the three eyes before him each split into two, still burning with the power of this strange deity's wrath.

"The Eye looked upon the exiles and saw that they were pure of heart. The Eye than shifted it's gaze upon the oppressors and in it's holy gaze all of impure hearts burst into flame leaving no scorch mark to darken the world for their loss."

"The Eye continued to watch the people both to assure them of it's blessings as well as to properly keep them on the path of the light."

"The days became longer until the sun never left the sky, purging the heavens of the shadow of night."

The Forebearer casts faith healing and close wounds upon himself as the eyes split into six as if by the lingering energy of the original spell

eyes attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
eyes damage (fire)
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Igneel
2012-06-23, 04:04 PM
Listening both to the mental and audible speeches as easily as he can pinpoint, watch and memorize multiple mental signatures at a time AussirKepesk watches the battle most intently. His eyes might actually be visibly dilating some more at the sight of blood being slashed out of either duelist.
"Hmm... At this rate I may very well have to dine on actual blood to sate my increasing hunger watching this battle."
Reaching into a bag at his belt he procures a flask corked at its mouth. Using his claw to pull the cork out, he mutters a command word as he puts the flask's mouth past his 'lips' before it starts to pour magically created blood down his throat. He more then relishes the savoring flavor of the artificial blood and loudly makes gulping noises before corking the bottle once more and putting it away.

DM
Only using my Decanter of Endless Blood. Nothing big. :smallbiggrin:

"Well then you best do a better job with that toothpick of yours. It would seem that he's not taking you very seriously since he has only used some of the weakest forms of divine magic to heal himself just now. I would very much like to learn more on how I am both right and wrong as that sounds like a very interesting riddle I would love to master."

OOC:
Did you (Tychris) ever post what kinds of defenses/buffs/etc you have up or on you in item form? I only ask as at least I have some ways to try and divine that info.

Tychris1
2012-06-23, 04:36 PM
Clutching his chest, Vuyrule groans as the beams of light smash into him. Pushing through he continues with the assault, slashing madly, all the while trying to move in close to the Forebearer and blow out the glowing eyes like a candle. All the while he body slowly heals back the burns inflicted by the glowing eyes.

Dm Only:
Four attacks, if any of them hit then I'm dropping another Devour Magic, this one on the Holy Star Spell that is on the forebearer. Fast Healing again for 20. Also, heh, forgot that the Souldrinker was a +5 sword.... Well then. Plus you don't even get a saving throw against it, you get it the next day after. All the effects of the negative level still apply....

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

To Wound:[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Sword of Undeath:[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

Dispel, Greater:[roll16]

To Igneel:
"Thanks, my sword appreciates the compliment."

OOC: No I did not.

drack
2012-06-23, 10:01 PM
The forbearer dodges your strikes interrupting his monolog to inquire "Are you ready to give your surrender?"

those who can see magic
again it is as if his spells recast themselves. the forbearer himself contents himself with a single casting of faith healing.

mechanics

attack rolls for eyes
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Damage rolls for eyes
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
OOC: OK then :smallbiggrin:

Igneel
2012-06-23, 10:29 PM
A quick smirk dances across the dragon's toothy maw as he gives off a not so silent chuckle. "Well that was certainly quicker then I thought... Maybe I should of gone first after all..."

"Why your welcome to the compliment O' Powerful Toothpick."

OOC: :smallbiggrin: Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Do you have any buffs that at least Arcane Sight can see?

Tychris1
2012-07-01, 05:41 PM
Dark fire consumes Vuyrules eye and soon an aura surrounds his body of the same energies. The rays of light hit him, but they seem to do no effect as the energy continues to heal and repair him at a staggeringly rapid rate. When all is said and done Vuyrule smiles and looks as if he had never fought. "Fine, if you wish to tell your story of your people then I won't stop you. It'll be good to learn more of the people who can do that." he says while sheathing his sword and pointing at the forebearer's glowing eyes.

For DM:
Casting Dark Conduit to heal me

For Igneel:
Not that I can think of off the top of my head...

drack
2012-07-02, 12:28 PM
The eyes instantly wink out of existence as the Forebearer continues to tell his tale

The people lived merry and the fields were plentiful. With their great insight the outcasts ho had found the eye formed a council through which they could organize the lands to allow those who walk the light to live with more merriment. Soon the council noticed that in all the infinite planes of the multiverse there would never be enough space to sustain our endless period of growth and prosperity, and so they looked and found a solution. they created more and more planes allowing our kin to continue their merriment. Soon they discovered that there were other worlds, dimensions as the first people called them.

In these other worlds there existed countless civilizations each varied and unique. Knowing trade and friendship as elements of the light the council opened our doors to them forging portals that would span across realities joining our lands with those of another. At first there were festivals and merriment, but soon it became clear that these lands knew nothing of the eye, nor of the path of light. Their people were adulterous, thieving, and possessed by greed, and so it was that the counsel ordered their populace cleansed.

Soon after we began spreading to more and more worlds abolishing all evil and spreading true joy to all worlds. Our nation became one in which every citizen had a choice. To live our lives in peace and merriment, or to undergo training for the wars that would due to our efforts never touch our world. I myself joined our proud militia bringing great honor to my family.

And so you see it is not for the eye's power and magic of which we praise, but it's foresight and wisdom, along with it's nature as the personification of all that is good.

the book

the book continues to depict countless battles, on;y ever lightly summarizing them and giving the occasional note of customs they fund to be favorable or dis-favorable.
Each time a Forebearer comes alone beforehand to weed out those who are willing to follow the path of light before a large force is sent to cleanse the lands of any too tainted to be saved. Forebearers are chosen both for outstanding military performance as well as their advanced age as many Forebearers have been killed early, and those that accept the mantle accept death with it.

Though the book does not state the size of an army it does state that it is lead by five lesser lords seeking fiefs of their own.

drack
2012-07-14, 09:13 AM
Eying each of you carefully the Forebearer asks "So tell me now, each of you, will you tale the path of light, or will your seared husks pave it for those of more reason?"

Igneel
2012-07-14, 01:27 PM
Standing up and moving as if to start walking past the door, AussirKepesk keeps an eye on the Forbearer as he moves.

"From what you and the book have detailed, there is little to no reason for me, and in turn those that believe in the same philosophy as myself to turn ourselves over to the Light as we are but 'lost' causes. Even if we were to agree you would only destroy myself and the Children of the Winterdrake in your vain attempt to fill the night sky with the light of stars with no black space.
While its true I know not what the other planes that you or those before you have gone too were like before or after you came around, I don't agree with the idealogy that the only shade of color there should be is white without even a shade of grey varying it to a darker color. There is a reason why there are darks and greys in the multiverse, just as there is a reason for there to be law and chaos. As I said earlier in the meeting, to throw that balance will only cause more problems for future generations."

Stopping his little rant he starts to walk out onto the grounds that the dualists were just battling on not even a few minutes prior. Still keeping his crimson eye on the Forbearer he continues as he starts to take up a position akin to that of a dragon confronting a knight trying to take its hoard.

"After all, the closer you walk towards the light, the bigger the shadow you cast behind you... Take up your stance. For how I can see it, either I die here with some honor, or I live to fight your army another day. Either way my alliance has and always will stay with my lord AussirKhuno!"

Giving off as loud of a roar as he can muster given his smaller size compared to dragons of his species would be at a fraction of his age, cold frosty mist has already started to seep out from his maw.

In Short

He's ready for battle, and death if it is to come, even though its unlikely considering how hard its to permanently kill a Vampire Lord.

drack
2012-07-14, 01:34 PM
"In that case may you flee to your dark haven before the eye sights it and it is cleansed along with your world of darkness. I came here ready to die if the light calls my soul, not to cleanse this land, but to spread the word and save those I can. If you truly believe so in your heart of hearts than I sincerely prey that the light turns you before you are destroyed."

in short

Believe it or not the ancient war master is not here to kill you all, but to actually do as his title(the Forbearer like fore-bearer) suggests. :smalltongue:

Havelock
2012-07-15, 07:55 AM
"I have gazed upon who your people are, and the world that they have built." The Drow started. "It is worse than ours, there is no suffering to be seen, yes, but it's absence makes the joy of that which is pleasant to fade into an apparition, a hollow shell of what it once was."

"Even one such as I can appreciate your motivation to do good, but anything can be taken too far. In moderation, I would welcome your path of light to our world. But I can assure you, no one of this world that comes to understand the full extent of what the path of light will ultimately bring will welcome you here."

drack
2012-07-15, 08:06 AM
"I would not say so, but if you have seen my world. Truly traveled it depths, then I assume there would be no possibility of me convincing you otherwise. All the same when I walked among my people and saw them sprawled upon grassy planes recounting the joys of their days where other worlds they might recount sorrows and ills, and when I walk among them and see not the countless starving peoples lining the city streets I bless the light that my heart of hearts tells me you are wrong."

Havelock
2012-07-15, 03:03 PM
"Most devout men tends to be rather fanatical in their beliefs, no matter their faith, blind to the flaws of their religion."

drack
2012-07-15, 03:41 PM
"Most without faith find it hard to embrace something so new, and find themselves lacking in trust. I find a world of trust and care is by far preferable to one of suspicion and plotting, but perhaps that is my 'religious blindness' that makes me believe such things. After all who would want peace and prosperity when you have so much war and bloodshed?" This last bit drips with sarcasm.

Havelock
2012-07-15, 06:25 PM
"Rao, the God of Peace, Reason, Serenity will oppose you, should your faith choose to invade.

Pelor, the God of Sun and Light will oppose you, should your faith choose to invade.

Trithereon, the God of Liberty will oppose you, should your faith choose to invade.

Heironeus the God of Chivalry, Honor and Justice will oppose you, should your faith choose to invade. "

The speech was a captivating tone, one that could ensnare those not on their guard, those of weaker will might even willingly charge straight into the fiery breath of a dragon at her urging.

[[Yes, they would, if your description of the people of the eye is accurate, ]]

"There is such a thing as freedom of will, there is such a thing as the millions of innocents that you intend to murder to achieve your ideal world. Your totalitarian world government would be no different from one commanded by the Lords of the nine. To know what trust is, you must know deceit, to know what care is, you must know indifference and selfishness, to know what peace is, you must know what war is, to know what prosperity is, you must know what poverty is, to know what joy is, you must know what grief is.

Without that knowledge, those things can never truly be experienced. Without that knowledge, you would live an incomplete life, unfulfilled, it's potential never unlocked. Of course, few would ever know that something is amiss, even the slave enduring terrible hardship might not know that life can be so much more, and thus be content with his lot.

This is what you fail to understand, indeed, I imagine that your people of the eye no longer knows what they take away from the worlds that they have ravished and savaged.

Oh, certainly, there are a great many things of this world that a clear majority of it's people would be glad to see overturned and cast down. Yet none of them would want to pay the price that your way of bringing that about would cost them, if given a true choice, one where the full consequences are understood. You have doomed many worlds, just as the demons of the Abyss have attempted to do for eons uncounted.

I will warn you, and your people, this once. ¨

Should you invade our world, and fail, I know not enough of your capabilities to say if your invasion might succeed, everything the people of the eye have wrought will be undone, there will not exist a single universe where even the memory of your eye have not been utterly extinguished.

Go home and advice your council to turn it's gaze somewhere else, or you will die before you can serve more of your vile poison into the weak minds that are easily seduced by your hollow promises or cowed by your threats of the unknown.
"

Tychris1
2012-07-15, 06:31 PM
Sidestepping the large vampiric dragon in order to avoid being crushed, Vuyrule listens to the forebearer tell his story and the ensuing arguments from it, yet Vuyrule felt something about the forebearer and so opted for a more friendly approach. "Several lesser lords? So that would mean their are kingdoms within your empire? Hearing that all you want to do is unify everyone under one banner and have their be peace and order through out sounds fine to me. I, Vuyrule Von Pon, Emperor of the Empire of Dark Light, offer my lands as friendly territory so long as I am left to enact order upon it." he extends his hand with a smile as he makes the offer "My people are... different. They would not take too well for unknown foreigners occupying our land, as of such we are not letting ourselves be joined to your empire completely, but we will not act hostile towards your troops and offer aid where we can. Over time, when my people have grown to truly respect and trust your empire we will fully let ourselves in without a fight, but for the time being we will not act militarily towards your people or any people you declare war upon. Sound good?"

drack
2012-07-15, 07:08 PM
So you are telling me that the gods of peace, harmony and prosperity hate peach harmony and prosperity to the extent that they would prevent it's enactment?

[you mean if your interpretations of the representation of the people are accurate. :smalltongue:]

Are you telling me that free will is true goodness? That people should have the god given right to pillage and rape innocents? That theft and murder are acts of good? I fear that the taint of this world has rubbed a bit too strongly upon you. The eye does not will us 'ravage' or 'savage' any lands, but to purify it of forces that may do it wrong.

Upon hearing your threats the holy fervor within his eyes doubles and both the pride and passion fall from his voice. "Hear me now. the eye is no fickle being, and will not buckle easily. Any assault you may launch, any attempt to wrench the joys of life from the countless worlds we have saved will earn you nothing but death, and with the eye willing it will not be some silent death, but one for the world to see an learn the might of the eye." Somehow the hollow qualities of that voice seems to stick in the mind of your double causing it's artificial spine to grow both cold and tense.

Seeing someone come to "reason" the forebearer turns towards Vuyrule, his voice again regaining it's passion. "My heart warms with your trust lord Von Pon. May the path of light see that trust well placed.

As for your question Yes we do not form new kingdoms within the lands we purify as those who worship the eye need only find eternal peace in both life and death, or join the endless battle to save others from their own darkness.

And Might I say you fight well, and I see in you an honorable spirit, plying no tricks to aid you even when the battle is not in your favor. Even with your men at hand you did not call for aid, such is the way of an honorable man. It is rare in such lands to find one such as you, and I am glad to have had you as my guest."

Tychris1
2012-07-15, 07:29 PM
Smiling, Vuyrule bows his head at the forebearers compliments. "Honor is an important thing in a man's life, without it he will be lost and can be swept up in the madness of worlds or grow weak and feeble, overly reliant on outside forces to win the day. Very perceptive of you, fore bearer. But it was good to be your guest, despite the confusion at first," smiling he adds "And it is good to hear that their is more then fire and brimstone awaiting the more... unusual people of the world." the last statement he says whilst glancing at his beloved Leontrop and Aussir.

drack
2012-07-15, 07:51 PM
Yes, commonly it can be best to start so such that those of darkened soul wishing to cling only to whee power lies can be determined, but you must also know there is a much worse fate that can befall a dishonorable man. While some are weakened by the chaos of the world others feed off it, and they are our largest adversaries as they commonly must first be cut off from the chaos of which they feed before they can be truly saved, be it in body or only of soul.

Igneel
2012-07-15, 09:03 PM
"Flee? Me? I have never ran from a challenge, especially from ones that are blinded by the very Light they so proudly stare at till their very eyes rot away to dust while events happen elsewhere just because that Light is more beautiful then their surroundings. But your right... Your not the one I want to fight as your nothing more then a messenger boy that is as disposable as the snot rags humanoids use to blow their noses when illness sinks its fangs into their mortal flesh. You aren't worth the pint of blood that runs in your withered, aged veins. Instead, I will allow you to live to report to your superiors that there are kingdoms here that have a different idea of freedom. Just remember, 'Beware beginning a war. War takes many turns, and most often back on the instigator.'"

Giving a quick gaze at Vuyrule before rolling his eyes as the small humanoid speaks about being friendly towards the Eye. "Interesting that you think they will allow you to do what you want. Eventually one are both parties will grow into different beliefs as all short-lived, and even shorter memory spans change to better suit their needs. A saying dragons say goes something like 'Grant a favor to one generation of humanoids, and you'll find their sons twice as demanding and thrice as forgetful'. Your old enough to not need me to tell you about the mistake you are making and so I will leave it to you to watch as you be scrutinized by your 'peers'."

Havelock
2012-07-16, 04:22 AM
"They may agree with your goals, but not with your means. The holocaust that your people would bring to exterminate all that does not agree with their vision is evil as vile as this world have rarely seen. And you would expect that those of pure heart would stand by and allow you to carry out the act?"

drack
2012-07-16, 06:13 AM
And you would have me believe one of pure heart would stand behind a doll forcing it to stand bold while you cower in your corner of the world?

Havelock
2012-07-16, 10:54 AM
"When did I say that I was pure of heart? Besides, I have many things to take care of, I have ears, eyes and voice present, sufficient for my needs at this place. While my mouthpiece has been present here, I have taken actions that my doll could not, and it would be unseemly to perform them in front of this audience. Another mouthpiece of mine is holding court at Ilph'Unt-Turviir right now, it is quite convenient to be in many places at once. Though even such practicalities aside, you attempted to compel me to come here, and I am not inclined to take commands from anyone. Had you kindly asked, then I might have considered to come myself if one of my little dolls would not do."

drack
2012-07-16, 01:32 PM
"And yet I did indeed send a polite invitation scribed by my own hand, as well as thrown a feat for the lot of you. Or perhaps you meant that you had already done as you claim you may have one and after considering my request for an audience refused it."

Havelock
2012-07-16, 02:53 PM
"You sent a letter, with magic of compulsion inscribed within it's text. As if you did not wish to offer a choice in the matter. That was no invitation. And as far as I can see, the presence of my person is not required here, so I wonder what your problem is."

drack
2012-07-16, 02:58 PM
"I did not, I only spelled it to keep large armies from following in order to avoid what happened that other time. As such I only spelled the words 'come alone'" The Forebearer seems somewhat confused.

Havelock
2012-07-16, 03:30 PM
"A spelling error when one plays with powerful magic? Perhaps you should leave such things to the grown up's?"

drack
2012-07-16, 04:18 PM
A spelling error, no I just enchanted the words "come alone"... unless... oh yes "come" is part of that... A boyish grin spreads across his face. Well when you get to be my age living on the battlefield maybe you'll make such mistakes... then again perhaps you won't since it seems you hide from even things so nonthreatening as peace talks. This last bit comes without anger, but more as one stating a commonly known fact.

Havelock
2012-07-16, 05:13 PM
"Peace talks? Kaendalith is not at war to my knowledge. I believe there was a dinner invitation. And a person of power that receives a letter magically compelling him to come alone to a specified location, a fool he would be not to expect a trap."

"As for battles and combat, I have spent at least two human lifetimes fighting some foe or the other, by sword or spell or commanding soldiers, sometimes a combination. And I'm still pretty."

Totally unrelated, for GM:
Oh, btw, that little stint with demons and elves...tie it off, I have better things to do now, so have them roam around with hit and run attacks against smaller and less protected places and burn the forest down.

Track down some suitable demon cult (or create one) within Kaendalith and mind rape the lot of them into believing that they performed the deed, implant the knowledge on how to perform the adequate rituals into the heads of their leaders, and implant the memories of the act being done.

Throw out a carefully worded wish or similar to interfere with divinations so that they lead towards the scapegoat cult.

Cooperate with the elves in rooting them out, because association with the abyss is the worst crime one can commit in Kaendalith.

drack
2012-07-16, 05:34 PM
"Why in heavens name would someone trap another at a feast, why honestly is there no end to your baseless suspicions? Why These ugly thoughts of yours have kept us from so much as seeing your beautiful little face. Perhaps it was even as gorgeous as mine."

Havelock

The elves of the woos have fled to the village for safety so hit/run of less protected places doesn't work, though you successfully burn the woods.

OK

OK

You fail to make contact with the elves. it seems the large village has vanished leaving only the crevasse that leads deeper down.

Havelock
2012-07-16, 06:42 PM
"What the drow of the underdark would consider to be prudent caution, the humans of the surface see as paranoia of unfathomable depths. I imagine that only 1 in 20 of the pale surface elves that was born before I turned my back on the land of my birth have yet to be claimed by old age. Of my own dark kind, dwelling deep below, I would hardly be surprised to find that I have more fingers on my hands than there are living and breathing drow in Erelhei-Cinlu that was born before I left it."

"Even so, I imagine that several more lifetimes will pass before I might part with the instincts that ensured that out of a dozen sisters, I was the one that survived long enough to claim the throne of my mother."

Nah, I'm not going to make any contact with the elves, I'll just cooperate with them if they complain about demon cultists in my domain, putting a simulacrum that has not been informed of the plot in charge of the whole thing, so that the response and reactions from my underlings is precisely how it would be if the story that I am creating was true. The same simulacrum will be placed in charge of stepping up border patrols and such once the forest starts to burn for real, because it isn't supposed to do that.

And obviously, there's going to be placed a contingent spell to pop off an alarm if the demon cultists that now knows how to summon Klurichir's, does it for real.

drack
2012-07-16, 06:48 PM
"If one in twenty don't reach old age, then they must live peacefully and have little to fear, and even were the conditions of your homeland harsh, honor and law are the backbone of a strong society, and not to be forgotten to any savage instincts that lead you towards the path of shadows, for then our blades may yet cross."

Havelock (almost forgot)

K

Aww... you caught it. :smalltongue: alarms trigger in a few hours after they have a moment to digest what they did. Also note mindrape is still not in this game, so I'll assume you mean something like programed amnesia. I also assume you're keeping track of the costs and numbers of your Simulacrums keeping in min that one of yourself would know too much especially of how you think to be set to such a task without at least suspecting the truth...

Igneel
2012-07-17, 05:36 PM
Rolling his eyes, AussirKepesk practically hisses at how he is totally ignored.
"Pfft... Can always trust humanoids for not showing proper manners... I can see that my attendence here has come to a end, and a waste of time it was. With that I will take my leave. If you of the Eye ever feel the need to stop by, please, do send advance notice so that I could at least attempt to prepare for your arrival. I wouldn't wish to let my darkness be as horribly rude as you have been to me today. This of course extends to everyone that would like to visit me of course."
Turning away from everyone, he starts walking towards the direction he came, allowing his tail to sway some with each step. Looking over his shoulder he extends his usual farewell with an extra bit.
"May you all see many a winter's moon to come, everyone. I hope to never see any of you again till you learn better manners."

Assuming no one wishes to comment back

After walking far enough he spreads his wings and takes to the air, flying into the night sky. After flying far and high enough no one should be able to see him (read as minimum of 5 rounds of 900ft fly speed without 'running', spending two rounds going up 450ft/450ft forward, rest just forward) he extends his mental link to Gwyneira he briefs to her what happened at the meeting as he thinks.

OOC:
Having a base Fly speed of 900ft, Aussirkepesk is in no real hurry to arrive home and is more then willing to just wing it all the way from the meeting to his home like he did to arrive. Beats me on the distance (so in turn time) but its going to be a safe bet that with my fly speed I'm flying ~102mph [900ft/6secs= 150ft/sec= ~102mph], and that's without me rushing home :smalltongue:

drack
2012-07-18, 07:18 AM
Gaiyamato

The sun has set over the world shrouding the world again in darkness, and yet up ahead you see flashes of light as chaotic in their glow as flames. As you approach the manor you see three people outside. A dragon, a drow, and an aged man with a large eye painted upon his head in gold. The first two you recognize, but the third is new. Perhaps he is this Forbearer who sent the invitation. As you approach you catch the last pieces of their conversation as the dragon unfurls it's great leathery wings.

feel free to read the last few posts.

Gaiyamato
2012-07-18, 07:33 AM
The massive form of Burzum appears seemingly from no-where. His body oozing puss and glowing mucus onto the ground as he walks slowly in his thick ice-armor. His greatsword remains in it's scabbard strapped to his back, the skull on the pommel chattering away endlessly in what appears to be total and utter nonsense.

Burzum stops before the arguing trio and bows to AussirKepesk as the Dragon turns to leave.
"It is good to see you my friend. We must meet and talk when I am done here." his voice sounds deep and artificial. A raspy sickly tone to it that speaks of decay and death, ice and darkness. Clearly the huge orog is not afraid of showing who his friends are.

Next Burzum bows to the two before him. "I am Burzum, Emperor of the Horde-lands and Servant of AussirKhuno ." He addresses the pair.
Carefully Burzum looks the Drow up and down as he continues. "Someone here summoned me and I would like to know to what purpose."

drack
2012-07-18, 07:48 AM
The man speaks with a voice filled with a strength that does not match his age as the inscribed eye on his head looks you up and down, but somehow it is that look in his eye that draws you bespeaking of self confidence, power, intelligence, and deep deep passion. the sort best known to religious frenetics. "I have summoned you in order to offer that you join me in walking the path of light"

The man stands in but a loosely fitted robe without a weapon in sight, and two heavy wooden shields discarded at his feet.

Around him
Death Ward
Death ward
Discern Lies
Freedom of Movement
Owl's Wisdom
True Seeing
Protection from Evil
Deathwatch
Inner Beauty
Nixies Grace
Spell Immunity, Greater
Death Pact
Arcane Sight, Greater
Divine Power

In the room

Edit:

Gaiyamato
2012-07-18, 07:57 AM
Burzum grunts, clearly stifling a laugh. "That all depends on what you mean by 'light'. I am quite fond of the dark in general, the cold as well. If you mean some sort of code of ethics or some such, then I am afraid I must remain neutral on that front. I wish you the best in your journey, but it may not be one I am interested in. I was born in the dark - all sorts of dark, nursed by the drow themselves, forged by wizards through the foulest magics you can imagine. I have lived my life through blood and slaughter, fear and hatred. All I wish for now is to sit on my throne I have earned and guide the orcs from the mud into becoming a civilized people. Perhaps when I have achieved that we can talk about walking toward whatever light you uphold old man." Burzum stopped and glanced over at the Drow once more. "The Orc nation extends an offer of peace and trade to any nation in this world willing to accept it. That is the best I can offer."

drack
2012-07-18, 08:44 AM
"So you wish to reject the path of light? Vary well may your corpse help to pave the path of light if nothing else." Despite this the Forebearer takes no hostile action against you, instead muttering as if to himself "I only hope your mind is changed before the thread of your life is too deeply wound in the taint of this world to be pulled free." Then louder he replies "Perhaps your fellow leaders could change your mind."

Gaiyamato
2012-07-18, 08:49 AM
"I am not afraid and not even do I care. I cannot die, you cannot kill me. Merely inconvenience me. I am neither alive nor dead. Your path is nothing in the greater picture of creation itself. You are so busy bathing in your light that you are blind to what truly lurks in the shadows you create. You summoned me here to batter my ears with nonsense." He bows to the Drow Queen. "Please, we should talk some time. The Drow are not enemies of the Orcs." with that Burzum turns about and strides away from the gathering.

drack
2012-07-18, 09:00 AM
The forebearer replies somewhat shocked "I have no intention of invoking fear or slaying you. I merely state that your death is a fact carved in the cold slime you seem to love so much when you turn your back upon the light."

Sachiru
2012-07-18, 10:57 AM
She leaves after reading the book, carrying it in her arms. A few questions later to some servants, and Deceit enters the area, watching inconspicuously.

"What did I miss?", she asks, while looking at each new character in this spectacle.

DM Only:

Greater Arcane Sight is still on, so yes, any reveal-able magical effects on the people here? Also, what latent magic is in the area, and are there any concealed persons or scrying effects here that my character can discern?

drack
2012-07-18, 11:30 AM
Sachiru

well from the auras there seems to have been a bit of magic used in the duel and you notice the forebearer's dispersion field is down. Both combatants are alive and not too severely damaged. Igneel appears to be leaving and you note the new arrival. as far as I have heard everyone seems to still have mind blank up blocking out any detection of scrying and wards.

Havelock
2012-07-18, 01:07 PM
He bows to the Drow Queen. "Please, we should talk some time. The Drow are not enemies of the Orcs."

"The drow of the underdark sees allies as pawns and everyone else as enemies, themselves most of all. I am Drow by birth, yes, but I find the surface world much more pleasant, I can send my envoy to you once business here have concluded."

Havelock
2012-07-18, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE=drack;13566194]"If one in twenty don't reach old age, then they must live peacefully and have little to fear, and even were the conditions of your homeland harsh, honor and law are the backbone of a strong society, and not to be forgotten to any savage instincts that lead you towards the path of shadows, for then our blades may yet cross."

"The Drow that follows Lolth considers honor to be a weakness, and the only law that reigns supreme is that if you can take something it is yours, and if you cannot prevent others from taking what you have, then you have no right to it. The only thing holding it together is because the Spider Queen ensures that no direct action against a rival threatens Drow society as a whole."

"You learn your lessons right there on the spot, or you die. Harsh and brutal."

"And if our blades cross, that will be the end of your life."

drack
2012-07-18, 04:02 PM
My dear he replies bowing slightly I would hate for our blades to cross, for I ever fear that when a lady crosses blades with me it may happen that I must kill her in order to continue aiding my people. And I would hate to kill you after this friendship that I see blooming betwixt us.

Igneel
2012-07-18, 05:13 PM
Burzum stops before the arguing trio and bows to AussirKepesk as the Dragon turns to leave.
"It is good to see you my friend. We must meet and talk when I am done here." his voice sounds deep and artificial. A raspy sickly tone to it that speaks of decay and death, ice and darkness. Clearly the huge orog is not afraid of showing who his friends are.

"A pleasure as always Burzum. You caught me in the process of leaving that withered pile of bones with his grandeur of a nightless world, a sky with a sun constantly hanging in the heavens, and is utterly uncivilized in the ways of manners and proper edict. I will be on my way to my home as you are well familiar with, and would be more then happy to have a sit down for a chat or two as it has been much too long."

Pausing for a second it seems that he's communicating with someone from a far distance before he looks back down at the orog.

"Gwyn also says hello and that your looking absolutely more grotesque then usual in her usual fey tone. When you have the time, please stop by. I feel like taking wing over spell this night so please accept my apologies if I'm not there by the time you arrive. Unlike that fool, I enjoy the comfort of the moon and the stars..."

With that he finally departs. (*insert 'Assuming no one wishes to comment back' from last post.)

Havelock
2012-07-18, 06:01 PM
"I have not seen you fight with sword in hand, so I cannot comment on your ability with it, could be amusing to find out, though I do not think my simulacrum is formidable enough with a blade to offer you interesting combat.....perhaps if you allowed it to boost it's capabilities by spell without doing so to yourself, but it is a tool, not a toy."

Gaiyamato
2012-07-18, 06:07 PM
OOC: Ahh yes spells/effects active on me for the time being.

SR: 41
EDIT: lols

drack
2012-07-18, 06:12 PM
"It might be interesting indeed, but as you may have noted already I fight in dis-favorable situations. No, I am much more accustomed to a battlefield then a gentleman's duel. And I fear I have turned in my sword for these shields when I accepted my post, and so I must rely on the gaze of the eye to protect me." As he speaks he picks up the shields each etched with an engraving to match the symbol upon his head, though each bears enough chips and cuts to make it nearly unnoticeable. Casually he caresses one before hooking them back to his belt. "Regardless it would hardly be a true fight were I to just break your possessions without resistance. Were we to fight I would hope it to be honorably on a battlefield, as by our laws I am to join in the siege a day after our forces arrive when we begin our march. until then I can only hope for your well being, an that you might still find the path of light no matter how ark your start may have been."

OOC comments on spells

Spell engine, I hope you mean the updated spell compendium version... that one took a serious nerf :smallfrown:

And I'll assume some of those contingencies are items as the spell it's self only allows one at a time as I recall. Also mindblank blocks their divinations from seeing the spells you have up. :smallwink:

Gaiyamato
2012-07-18, 06:17 PM
Burzum notes the responses of both the Drow and the Dragon, saluting the latter and then promptly vanishes from sight.

Those with true seeing can tell that there is actually a massive invisible airship anchored nearby and that Burzum has simply walked into it and is boarding the ship. High in the sky there is another huge airship and a fleet of smaller ships

OOC: Ok Ty for the mindblank. I forgot about that. Yes updated versions of the spells. I'll add all of that to my character sheet for you. :smallsmile:

drack
2012-07-18, 06:32 PM
"Perhaps, which is why we strive as we do to make it so. Imagine for a moment that it was. Would that not be a better world?"

Havelock
2012-07-18, 06:34 PM
"Oh, I might admit, I leave such duels to gentlemen."

"As for me walking the path of light, I walk wherever it pleases me. Might be that it pleases me to treat you like any other invader, I do believe that sitting on a throne carries the responsibility to protect one's subjects from invaders."

drack
2012-07-18, 06:43 PM
Why is it that you see us as invaders? Were you to accept us we would not dethrone you, we wouldn't raid and pillage your lands if that is what you think of us. I just fail to see how repelling what you see as an unreachable ideal is doing the best for your people when it keeps them from endless joy and merriment.

Havelock
2012-07-18, 06:59 PM
"Pretty speech, but what I hear between the lines is that if I do not convert to your faith, along with my people, you will bring steel and fire, if your intentions were pure, and your motivation peace, then you would use peaceful methods to spread your faith, and respect that not everyone wishes to walk your path."

"As it is, your people, as you have described them seems no different than those you claim to oppose, respect for life and tolerance for those who are different are the defining characteristics of those with a heart that is good and pure. I have heard not a word from you suggesting that you are among those."

drack
2012-07-18, 07:26 PM
"Is this not a peaceful method here? Are we not talking peacefully rather then destroying each other? As for the purity of my heart... I have always hopped that it was still, though after all the blood that has washed it... it will be up to the eye to judge soon when my time comes." At this he gave a sad little smile containing all the pains and sorrows that you know all too well accompany a long life, even more so when it is filled with war and bloodshed. "I fear it is never so easy to judge one's one soul."

Havelock
2012-07-19, 04:46 AM
"Yes, so far, yet you hint of violence brought against those who are not swayed by your words often enough."

drack
2012-07-19, 06:44 AM
I speak only of the inevitability that the light will rise over the darkness and cast it off.

Havelock
2012-07-19, 06:55 AM
"And in what manner will that happen?"

drack
2012-07-19, 07:05 AM
In what manner would it not? It would clear the path of light for all to see such that they could more easily follow it.

Havelock
2012-07-19, 08:25 AM
"A faith can be spread by words and preaching, it can be spread by providing for the needful, it can be spread by force of arms, among other things, sometimes a combination. Should the path of light choose to bring it's beliefs at the edge of their swords as you easily can be understood to imply, then you are no different than any other invading host."

drack
2012-07-19, 08:38 AM
And yet we come first as word of mouth and honorable action, do you still refuse us?

Havelock
2012-07-19, 08:54 AM
"Refuse you? That all depends on what you are asking for."

drack
2012-07-19, 09:02 AM
All that we ask is that your nation attempt to embrace the path of light and aid us in sharing such insight. Quite simply we would have boardings within your nation, and hold regular seminars pertaining to the glory of the light. Ideally our lodgings would be closer together just that we could better organize ourselves, though if you believe your people could better be aided we could disperse our members throughout your society in order to get in better touch with the everyman of your society.

Havelock
2012-07-19, 09:25 AM
"As long as the laws of Kaendalith are obeyed, one can do as one likes within it's borders. Given the tendency of the followers of various deities to sometimes clash, organized religion, which I consider you to represent until I am convinced otherwise, requires registration and permit. I do not know enough about the path of light to give you any sort of preference above most other churches."

drack
2012-07-19, 09:44 AM
The Forebearer considers this before inquiring "In that case I would be interested to hear of your legal code."

Havelock
2012-07-19, 10:38 AM
"I am afraid that I did not bring a copy, it was a dinner invitation, after all." the simulacrum gave a shrug. "The question remains, however, should I make the conclusion that having the path of light to preach in my lands will bring more ill than good, and thus elect to disallow it, what then?"

drack
2012-07-19, 10:43 AM
Then I fear only ill will come of it in time.

Havelock
2012-07-19, 11:59 AM
"And why would that be?"

drack
2012-07-19, 12:13 PM
"Such is the way of things" the foreearer replies, the same sad smile playing across his face.

Havelock
2012-07-19, 12:58 PM
"Are you a child? If you want to be cryptic and ominous like a child, then I will treat you like a child."

drack
2012-07-19, 01:37 PM
A child? No, I am rather old among my race for one who has not begun the eternal healing.

Havelock
2012-07-19, 01:58 PM
"Then provide answers of substance rather than nonsense."

drack
2012-07-19, 02:08 PM
Well as I said ill would likely come of it. I don't pretend to know the future and know few grown men who claim to. That's about all I can say with certainty is that those who reject the path of light commonly rag more hardships upon themselves before dying entombed in them.

Havelock
2012-07-19, 03:29 PM
"Because of the actions undertaken by your people or simply the tendency for a society built upon terror and the rule of the strong to crumble?"

"I ask because I like to know the religions in my realm, I find that rival faiths may cause great detriment to peace and stability, I have outlawed the church of Heironeus because the church of Hextor has a very strong support base, and if temples of both were to be found in the same city, there would be blood flowing in the streets. I have outlawed the worship of the denizens of the Abyss and of certain gods such as Tharizdun completely, although that is mostly because those entities desires to destroy the world, and I prefer it intact."

"I'll readily admit that my laws are harsh, and the penalties for breaking them are brutal. Though few rulers ever go as far as I do to ensure that the laws are based on logic and reason and that the enforcement of them is just and fair."

drack
2012-07-19, 03:59 PM
"Both and neither. My people look dis-favorably upon those who commit acts of evil, and our church has strong enforcement against such acts. While my people are rarely the cause of such disputes their certainly will end them, occasionally even fighting facing down both sides of an unjust war, and as such nations that refuse that which is just are sure to fall. Once I heard tell of a nation in which a dangerous gang performed acts of unspeakable evil. Those of the cloth immediately came in hopes of aiding their victims, and yet the nation defended the thugs, and as such that nation too fell allowing peace to spread again.

While I do not wish to empress upon you that our own great nation may be tyrannical in nature I would not have you blindly follow a light you may not understand only to forge your own undoing when you see the horrors that were revealed as the light hits a dark corner and scorches it clean of the endless webs and plots that can build in such a place."

Havelock
2012-07-19, 06:47 PM
"Unsanctioned use of violence will not be tolerated, that is the first condition to be obeyed if your people desire to have any sort of organisation in Kaendalith. Our laws and edicts are to be obeyed, and if they allow things that your faith considers to be evil, then you may not take action against those who takes part in such activities. Should the laws and edicts forbid such activities, then you may not take action on your own, but should rather alert the proper authorities. A nation state can only thrive if the government holds monopoly on the use of violence."

drack
2012-07-19, 06:49 PM
And when corruption runs through these authorities and their eyes are blinded?

Havelock
2012-07-20, 06:05 AM
"There are laws and higher authorities to take care of such."

drack
2012-07-20, 07:37 AM
Then do you have laws for your laws laws, for I fear I see either an endless legal code, or one that falls short. At some point the power must fall for the people to maintain.

Havelock
2012-07-20, 04:09 PM
"Rule of law and people taking the law into their own hands to enforce as they will are mutually exclusive concepts. The system requires a fair bit of bureaucracy, that is true, but when it works, it works very well. We believe that it works in Kaendalith, and we will not tolerate that any resident upsets the balance."

"Should an enforcer of the law neglect his duty to uphold it with fairness, he is removed from his position."

drack
2012-07-20, 04:17 PM
Idly the Forebearer replies "Then I a afraid we must look elsewhere." Idly turning to Vuyrule he inquires "I don't suppose you would permit our garrison within the Empire of the Dark Light, would you?"

Tychris1
2012-07-20, 04:48 PM
Vuyrule looked at the Forebearer with a bit of puzzlement. After a moment of thinking looked back and said "Weapons within my own state..... For the moment I would have to say that we will allow your church inside of my own empire, as long as you abide by agreed upon rules. The foremost of which is that the state determines the penalty and dishing out of life and death. You may worship in my kingdom, but leave your swords at the doorstep." after another quick thought he follows up with "And also the denizens within my empire are... unique in their origins. We will not tolerate any form of racism in my empire, whether they be demons or celestials none shall fight over it. You want someone to die, give a better reason."

drack
2012-07-20, 04:54 PM
My, my, it seems that many of you are occupationalists. Truly I have not heard so many accusations that those who follow me will attack unprovoked simply because of racial and ethnic appearances simply because they ae men and women of the cloth. What unspeakable evil could be hidden in these lands that you fear the blade of righteousness will sunder it, and to what degree must your reliance upon it extend?

Havelock
2012-07-20, 06:28 PM
"Perhaps we do not wish for chaos in our realms?" The simulacrum seemed to be amused at the indignation. "And men of the cloth that seeks a place where they are allowed to raise their blades against that which they find anathema are quite suspect in that regard."

drack
2012-07-20, 06:42 PM
I see, but your demons of the night who wish to raise their blades are fine?

Havelock
2012-07-20, 07:10 PM
"Demons that roam free in Kaendalith are hunted down by our forces. For that sort of activity we have no problems accepting the aid of those who wishes to help. However, no citizen of our realm should have to fear to be attacked inside our borders as long as he obeys our laws."

"Thus, if you wish to reside in Kaendalith, you may only raise your blade to defend yourself or others against assault, and only to drive off the attackers. Persecution of those who commit such acts are the province of the courts and constables."

drack
2012-07-20, 07:16 PM
"Hmm, perhaps then you are simply defending your beliefs of your world. If you would not mind I would accompany you back to your nation that I could read of your legal codes."

Edit: OOC:

I know you're not that silly, but just in case... don't write an entire legal code. :smalltongue: Mostly I'll just need to know the sorts of crimes that are punishable and the severity with which they're punished when/if we get to that part.

Havelock
2012-07-22, 09:29 AM
"I will be headed elsewhere, but the library of Ilph'Unt-Turviir have accessible copies of everything."

drack
2012-07-22, 09:37 AM
Vary well he replies before turning to the seal of Deceit. "I know not of what evils there are that you seek to uproot, but if you must locate something I would recommend the seer that lives at the center of this lake. May the light shine on your journey."

Sachiru
2012-07-24, 12:12 PM
Deceit nods in acknowledgement.

"Many thanks, and I hope that we will meet again, hopefully on the same side of the negotiation table. I am interested in this grassroots efforts of yours. Call for me if you need assistance, and if it is in line with my efforts, I shall gladly lend a hand."

She then departs for the said location, glancing around once in a while.

DM:

The pattern would be to walk/hover for 20 feet, use Greater Arcane Sight to locate traps or other magical effects that are detrimental or unknown, then if none are seen, rinse and repeat until she reaches the location.

Havelock
2012-07-24, 04:46 PM
"If there was nothing else, I have other matters to attend, any clerk at the palace of Ilph'Unt-Turviir can take messages or requests for an audience, though it may take a day or two before your name is added to the list of those whose messages are to go straight to the head secretary. Magical communication, such as sending, at least if targeted at the simulacrum, should also work."

The simulacrum was of a mind to catch up with that airship before it would take flight. Would save the expenditure of a spell to teleport the distance.

drack
2012-07-24, 05:14 PM
Sachiru

You detect no traps ad eventually come to a small house sitting just above the waters edge.

OOC:

Oh yeah, I seem to have misplaced the stats on these books, would you mind PMing me them again? :smallbiggrin:

TyChris1

Suddenly you find yourself alone with the forebearer as all the other (NPC) nation representatives leave as well. "So I suppose I'll find somewhere else for my garrison?"

Cogidubnus
2012-07-30, 03:50 PM
Burzum:

You receive a message from an apparition in a black robe. "From Lord Cyrus. I will send a messenger upon receipt of your location. Reply to me, Greyzul the Black-Hearted, priest of Asmodeus."

Getting Greyzul the Black-Hearted to use Sending to contact the Orc.

drack
2012-08-05, 06:50 PM
Cogidubnus

A dark shadow is cast over your nation as an enormous black disk of smoke forms overhead. Within you see massive shapes moving, and slowly a portal opens the like of which you have never seen before. Then a great pain threatens to split your skull as you struggle to keep the magic within you from tearing you apart. Slowly the clash of elements within your skull fades and you fin yourself on the floor surrounded with aids as all the magi of your grand nation slowly recover from the magical aftershock of the spell that opened such a thing. Your aids are saying something. Slowly focusing you hear them informing you that an entire enemy militia seem to have dropped from the sky into the river as if all of your wards and magics had not even been there.

Kazyan

Since you're late you failed to show at the forebearer's meeting place. You may want to read OOC a bit, but otherwise you can begin interacting with people. :smallbiggrin:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-09, 07:09 AM
Each lord, king and emperor across the region receives a scroll fashioned from the tanned hide of an orc and written using magical arcane methods.

"I am Burzum, Emperor of all Orcs across the multiverse, Lord of darkness and decay, King of the Underdark and master of the fallen Drow. I claim the lands south of Genebackis to the edge of the sea, and the sea between the land to the southern Orc lands. My claim extends to the lone mountain to the south west of Genebackis. I claim this on the basis of ancient scrolls, newly revealed to show an ancient empire of Orcs that once ruled the region.
Any forces and peoples of all races found in the area shall be subjugated and if needed, they will be destroyed.
This is not a declaration of war on any existing Kingdom, in particular our friends Genebackis. Indeed this expansion shall allow greater trade and easier exchange of ideas between our lands. The Empire of the Orcs expects all of you to uphold the claim, though this is not required from you for we will take it regardless.

peacefully,
Burzum."
The note bears the royal seal of the Orc Nation and Burzum at the bottom.

drack
2012-08-09, 07:50 PM
OK, lets stir some life into this. :smallbiggrin:
Gaiyamato

A *message* spell reaches you saying "You are unwelcome here, begone!"
:smalltongue:

Um... no reading on. :smalltongue:

Havelock

Something odd has occurred... it seems a treant has been sighted walking your streets... most peculiar. Though it seems to be completely at a loss for directions, and has firmly planted it's self on the corner of main and seventh. (or two other streets if those don't exist. :smalltongue:)

Kazyan

A man garbed in loose robes with a golden eye painted on his head calling himself "the forebearer" has sent a formal request for an audience.

TyChris1

The forebearer departs after receiving your answer (about him having a garrison), and I assume you return to your kingdom.
messages from a few posts ago to stay in touch

Sachiru

You detect no traps ad eventually come to a small house sitting just above the waters edge.

OOC:

Oh yeah, I seem to have misplaced the stats on these books, would you mind PMing me them again? :smallbiggrin:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-10, 12:09 AM
Burzum, in the skies over his fleet receives the message and presses a button on a console in his flyer. He broadcasts a message back out hoping that it will be heard.

"I am willing to talk. If you can convince me I will leave and take my orcs with me. Even if I do not leave I am willing to find some terms for common ground."

OOC: the button lets me send a sending. lol. up to you if they get it.

drack
2012-08-10, 07:14 AM
Burzum

OOC: Hmm, the nice thing about message is coupled with a gate or similar spell you can sent a message to anyone anywhere in ehh world, sending you need to know them... Nah, I don't think hearing a message counts as getting to know them. :smalltongue:

About half an hour later you receive another identical message. :smalltongue:

Kazyan
2012-08-11, 07:12 PM
"I congratulate you for courage in approaching in person," The Heathen of Nine said in a soft voice as he hovered in the center of his home's main room, above The Forebearer's eye level, "But I suppose your visit relates to the letter you sent. I make no excuse in terms of obligations as to why I did not attend, but in terms of prudence, I ignored it for its nigh-promise of unpleasant events or attempts at negotiation." Atrill nodded, and descended to look at the Forebearer on an even elevation. "Would you like to speak now? This tower is roughly soundproof."

(This spoiler block will always contain a statblock.)

Atrill 'Heathen of Nine' Anapur (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=413983)
Male LN Paragon Pixie Beguiler 5/Rainbow Servant 10/Exemplar 10/Iaijutsu Master 5//LA+19/Marshal 3/Beguiler +5/Factotum 3, Level 30, Init +132, HP 1024/994, DR 10/epic cold iron, SR 45, Fire and cold resist 10, FH 20, Speed 70', 190' fly (good)
AC 102, Touch 92, Flat-footed 57, Fort +74, Ref +73, Will +51, Base Attack Bonus +30/+25/+20/+15 (through DVP, otherwise fifteen)
(GMW, Assumes TWF & max Know.Div. Add +11 attack and +20 damage if SoBD are on) +1 (+5) Ghost Touch Magebane Transmuting Gnome Quickrazor +82/+77/+72/+67 (1d3+39, 19-20/x2)
(GMW, Assumes TWF & max Know.Div. Add +11 attack and +20 damage if SoBD are on) +1 (+5) Aptitude Spellblade [tuned to Disintegrate] Feycraft Bastard Sword/Katana, with Wand Chamber (Wand of Wings of Cover) +80/+75 (1d6+39, )
(MV) The Cagerobe [+1 (+5) Soulfire Robe w/ Greater Crystal of Screening] (+5 Armor, +45 Dex, +1 Size, +5 Natural, +36 Misc)
Abilities Str 28, Dex 46, Con 40, Int 60, Wis 32, Cha 68
Condition
Immunities Active:
Mind Blank, Freedom of Movement, Soulfire, True Seeing, Favor of the Martyr, Foresight, no breath.

drack
2012-08-11, 07:22 PM
Kazyan

I have merely come to inquire whether you lead your nation down a path of light, or one of darkness. While having "merely come to inquire" the forebrearer has the look about him of a dangerous man that has tasted many battles. His eyes are sharp and foreboding with a feint yellowish glow, and while his body is slim he gives off an aura of power and authority common among those accustomed to being followed, and not questioned.

He wears only a white robe, and a belt with a heavy wooden shield resting on each hip.

Kazyan
2012-08-11, 07:44 PM
"And this is distilled to a loaded, binary choice?" Atrill tilts his head slightly. His eyes half-close as his mouth curls into a faint smile. "Judgement for my policy decisions are available anywhere else within Canidius's borders, and I find it impolite to bring it within the comfort of my own home." He brushed the length of the left side of his robe, still meeting The Forebearer's gaze. The dust, now upon his palm, disappeared with a sparkle of Prestidigitation.

Atrill 'Heathen of Nine' Anapur (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=413983)
Male LN Paragon Pixie Beguiler 5/Rainbow Servant 10/Exemplar 10/Iaijutsu Master 5//LA+19/Marshal 3/Beguiler +5/Factotum 3, Level 30, Init +132, HP 1024/994, DR 10/epic cold iron, SR 45, Fire and cold resist 10, FH 20, Speed 70', 190' fly (good)
AC 102, Touch 92, Flat-footed 57, Fort +74, Ref +73, Will +51, Base Attack Bonus +30/+25/+20/+15 (through DVP, otherwise fifteen)
(GMW, Assumes TWF & max Know.Div. Add +11 attack and +20 damage if SoBD are on) +1 (+5) Ghost Touch Magebane Transmuting Gnome Quickrazor +82/+77/+72/+67 (1d3+39, 19-20/x2)
(GMW, Assumes TWF & max Know.Div. Add +11 attack and +20 damage if SoBD are on) +1 (+5) Aptitude Spellblade [tuned to Disintegrate] Feycraft Bastard Sword/Katana, with Wand Chamber (Wand of Wings of Cover) +80/+75 (1d6+39, )
(MV) The Cagerobe [+1 (+5) Soulfire Robe w/ Greater Crystal of Screening] (+5 Armor, +45 Dex, +1 Size, +5 Natural, +36 Misc)
Condition
Immunities Active:
Mind Blank, Freedom of Movement, Soulfire, True Seeing, Favor of the Martyr, Foresight, no breath.

drack
2012-08-11, 08:15 PM
Kazyan

A loaded binary choice? Binary perhaps, but not loaded. you either walk the path of light with the determination to do good for the world, or you turn your back upon the light an seek your own selfish goals, and if ever only basking in the light as a lazed man enjoying respite rather then as the flowers that require it's rays for life.

The OOC debate is ongoing as to whether he's LG, LN, or perhaps even LE. :smalltongue:

Kazyan
2012-08-11, 08:35 PM
"Determination and selfishness, hmm?" Atrill pressed a thumb on the underside of his jaw. "In Sylvan, we say Eniŋis and Ītsis. Did you know that that they have negative and positive connotations, respectively? Your words still skew an unaware individual towards one option." The Heathen of Nine raised his legs and tilted backwards in the air, resting at an angle that could only barely work, aerodynamically. "I make decisions in Canidius's overall favor. Make of them what you will, if you choose to observe them."

Condition
Immunities Active:

drack
2012-08-12, 07:39 AM
Kazyan

"Hmm, perhaps we will. will you then grant our people sanctuary and garrison within your lands?"

(with him, outside, are a hundred or so attendants, and a few thousand believers that he's picked up along the way.)

Havelock
2012-08-12, 01:01 PM
Simulacrum tells them to go talk with the thing* and not wasting her time with such trivialities.

*they usually can speak common, though must be someone on my payroll that knows Sylvan, and there's definitely someone that can cast tongues if that is what is required.

drack
2012-08-12, 01:59 PM
Havelock

After annoying many of your citizens they find their way to your diplomatic office And asks to speak with someone who can speak for your nation. (darn, forgot about that thing. :smalltongue:)

Havelock
2012-08-12, 02:19 PM
Representing whom? And on what business?

drack
2012-08-12, 02:38 PM
Havelock

Representing the forest of Gi. (one of the weaker nations not shown on the map, to the south of you) And on the business of bartering for aid against an invasive force that threatens to sweep across their lands.

The forest of Gi

It is a well known fact that the Gaiad forest is among one of the worlds superpowers, filled with powerful druids, and creatures of the wilderness old beyond time, easily putting it on par with many larger nations. When Izeldus fell the Gaiad was split. Most of the woodlands wished to remain in their grove and continue their lives as they were, and yet a handful believed the Gaiad should seize this opportunity to spread across the world. As a result those few radicals left the Gaiad forest and founded the forest of Gi, a much larger and newer forest. As such they spread the woodlands across the world. Commonly the leaders of the forest of Gi that grow old beyond reckoning will "retire" to the Gaiad forest after they have found suitable leadership, and find their minds wandering to thoughts far more important and complicated then the everyday ordeals of leadership. While the Gi forest is well connected and at peace with many lesser nations, the Gaiad long ago vowed not to endorse their efforts, an as such they lack strength despite their size. The Gi forest occupied the woodlands south of Kaendalith, as well as the forest surrounding the stone mountain. At a later point in time the Gi spawned the Id forest surrounding Canidus which believed that a forest should not blow with the wind spreading endlessly, nor should it densely set down roots, but instead it should secure it's self for the inevitable siege when "civilization" again decides that the fey have no place in the world. The forest of Id Keeps to its self, and is controlled by evil druids, though they are unlikely to intervene as they have a rivalry of sorts with the forest of Gi.

Kazyan
2012-08-12, 02:42 PM
OOC: I'll assume Atrill noticed at some point, perhaps when the Forebearer opened the door.

IC: "For what purpose? Without social provisions, a garrison of thousands would cause an uproar, and at best, mass discontent. Even sans, social cohesion is poor." Atrill tilted his head downwards, and mustered a minor frown, not of offense but of displeasure. "Possibility of poorly-understood alliance aside, I have no reason to allow it. Do you, perhaps?"

Condition
Immunities Active:

drack
2012-08-12, 02:49 PM
Kazyan

OOC: Yup, your people would have informed you before he entered.

IC:
"Yes, The reason would be for the benefit of the light. You see when my people arrive from my world to yours, a foothold would allow them better chance at cleansing the evil from this world. Surly you can see the benefit lies not only on a personal scale, but on a global scale. You will be helping your people live their lives in the utmost content free on all evil. Is that not benefit enough?"

Kazyan
2012-08-12, 03:19 PM
Atrill smiled at the end of The Forebearer's second sentence. "Thus explaining your linguistic subtleties," He added, then zipped through the air to the door. He placed one hand on the force handle. "I could allow you to 'cleanse' from Canidius as an outpost, but I would rather not have my people slaughtered." He tapped the back of his free hand on the wall. "Every other citizen of Canidius is undead, you see. They are fairly pleasant, with a mild skew towards crime, relative to the living. Doubtless, the immediate reaction of a crusader is to smite one. I do not know the specifics of your people, but I must express concern over unpleasant possibilities nonetheless."

Condition
Immunities Active:

drack
2012-08-12, 03:32 PM
KazyanThe forebrearer raises an eyebrow. "So you tolerate crime amongst your peoples, even encourage it's propagation?"

Kazyan
2012-08-12, 04:05 PM
"You miss the point entirely," The Heathen of Nine said and he released the knob. "I should rephrase. If one were to fly through Canidius while Detecting Evil, and kept score, a higher proportion of undead would alarm the spell than living. The situation is delicate because that population is still not significant enough to purge of the demographic, not by orders of magnitude. And yet, it is very easy for the uneducated to do just that--if the mere fact of undeath does not convince one, surely the demonstrable inclination will. To answer your guess: I do not. Laws are enforced, and with attempted fairness, at that."

Condition
Immunities Active:

drack
2012-08-12, 04:26 PM
Kazyan

So what better way to show that your people are not the vile sinners you imagine we'd take them for then to give us garrison and shelter. Truly one of an unclean heart would not do so.

Havelock
2012-08-12, 06:25 PM
The emissary shall be granted an audience with the empress (or rather, the simulacrum that does naught else than to sit upon that throne), after a suitably long waiting period to establish who's time is more important.

Kazyan
2012-08-12, 06:35 PM
"A good point, and you've led me to reconsider. Do understand, though, that you'll be under some degree of scrutiny to be determined later. If your 'foothold' does not conduct itself with utmost and equal respect to the population, I reserve the right to ask you to leave." Atrill floated towards The Forebearer, ending up one foot above eye level. "Fair?" He placed one hand on his chest and lowered his head slightly.

Condition
Immunities Active:

drack
2012-08-12, 06:41 PM
Havelock

The treant looks nervously around. "I come bearing a message"

Kazyan

A wise decision. Would it be alright if my people built a cathedral within your capitol to serve as lodgings as well as a place for prayer in which we could carry ourselves with respect to any who wish to experience our beliefs?

Havelock
2012-08-12, 07:06 PM
The throneroom was built to be impressive, a Great Wyrm would be able to enter through the doors with folded wings and would not have to bend, floor and pillars that looks to be carved out of a single huge shard of Black Obsidian, polished and patterned, with a domed roof of crystal above. The walls were sheets of silvery mirrors sent the light cascading around the hall. A simple, yet highly effective design. At the end, a stair of white marble ascended towards a throne placed so high that even a Great Wyrm would have to look up.

Then speak! the command was regal, soft, cold and ever so slightly intimidating, the black elf seated upon the throne seemed to stick to the fashions of her people, Drow considered clothing to be a sign of weakness, the stronger one are, the less you would need, and this one was only wearing jewels, strategically arrayed to cover the most interesting parts of her. It seemed as if the there might be some magic in the hall to amplify and distort senses such that when addressing her, she seemed to be much more clearly seen and heard than one would expect given the actual distance.

drack
2012-08-12, 07:14 PM
Havelock

"Well um..." The treant fidgets taking it all in before gathering its self an speaking "I have come as an official emissary of the forest of Gi to offer the aversion of a threat to your nation in exchange for some of your vile demon magic in aid of our woodlands.... um... mam... I hope this is agreeable..."

Havelock
2012-08-12, 07:41 PM
A threat to our nation? Explain.

Not a hint of a reaction was betrayed.

drack
2012-08-12, 07:49 PM
Havleock

"Er-Um-yes your Majesty... or highness... You see a few days ago you attacked a small elven community, they fled to a nearby mycrid colony at the edge of your border. now that you have expanded they are free to launch attacks in retaliation, and may hold a grudge for your killing their king and all... well we'll safely transport them to the woodlands in exchange for your help... um... if that's alright with you..."

Kazyan
2012-08-12, 07:55 PM
"How much information have you gathered on us? Not much, hmm?" The Heathen of Nine raised his eyebrows a bit, and kicked his feet back a forth a bit. "Canidius has no true capitol--you are standing in the nearest approximation. Further, all of our structures can move in some manner. We are semi-nomadic; our official borders are a convenience for mapmakers and not taken seriously by anyone else."

Atrill pause for a moment, only to let the information sink in, and not to collect his perfectly-ordered thoughts. "You exceed my hospitality with that proposition. We will not be tied down to one location for your convenience," he added, a friendly laugh creeping into his voice.

Condition
Immunities Active:

Havelock
2012-08-12, 08:01 PM
"We have not attacked any elven communities as of late, you must be mistaken."

OOC:
I Expanded? When? What? And what do you mean by "mycrid"? And safely transport what?

Might be he's quite confused though.

drack
2012-08-12, 08:04 PM
Kazyan

"While I'll admit I know little of your people, and these 'shads of gray' you speech of when I mention the path of light, I had gathered that much.

I had not intended it as a tether, I was merely offering that we craft our own dwellings, and have them fall somewhere within your central community, merely that those are words commonly attributed."

Havelock
OOC:Myconoid, my bad, mushroom people. And he's referring to the demonic invasion in which you garbed the bit to the sough west up to the river. You returned with reinforcements to find them gone, with a chasm leading downward... that or it was sealed off, I forget. :smalltongue:

Havelock
2012-08-12, 08:20 PM
I didn't return with reinforcements, I simply had the demons burn the forest down before "releasing" them from service. And then magically alter the memories of some people to believe that they called forth those demons and let them loose on the elves. I did strengthen border defenses in that region the way that you normally would do with demons on the loose and a forest burning, though that would probably amount to more patrols and summoners that can conjure up water elementals to stop the fire from spreading into my land

drack
2012-08-12, 08:25 PM
Havelock

Then the treant must be missdelusioned with fancies of demons running loose, and you should probably ignore the potential thread of a misdirected peoples. :smalltongue:

Havelock
2012-08-12, 08:40 PM
Heh, well, he'll still want that aid against some invasion force, I suppose? So play on I say.