PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse How

Arakune
2012-04-03, 01:31 AM
Let's post ideas for non-epic, barely legal forms to destroy all life on the planet.

A widened, explosive, empowered apocalypse from the sky is one of my favorites.

Ravens_cry
2012-04-03, 05:03 AM
Do undead count as life to you or not? Because the self spawning undead (like shadows or wights) could easily destroy all positive energy lifeforms on the planet.
For mass destruction, though not quite the scale of the fabled antimatter version, Major Creation: Uranium 235 equals a pretty big boom.
Get a Simulacrum of yourself to do it, and you can even survive it.

Draconi Redfir
2012-04-03, 05:08 AM
Collect/create enough antimatter to make a planet the exact size and density of the planet you want gone.

Then set them on a collision coarse.

Lonely Tylenol
2012-04-03, 05:22 AM
Let's post ideas for non-epic, barely legal forms to destroy all life on the planet.

One by one, with your bare hands.

Why bother with all the fancy doomsday plots? Sometimes the simplest route is also the most fun.

Harry
2012-04-03, 05:31 AM
I'll just leave this here http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227513

Ravens_cry
2012-04-03, 05:49 AM
One by one, with your bare hands.

Why bother with all the fancy doomsday plots? Sometimes the simplest route is also the most fun.
Yes, but it also has the most personal risk.

Alleran
2012-04-03, 06:14 AM
I'll just leave this here http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227513
I think the Gate Sun Cannon is my favourite apocalypse.

Gnaeus
2012-04-03, 06:16 AM
Hulking hurler throw the planet at the moon, or vice versa.

Rubik
2012-04-05, 03:37 PM
Find a sheet of parchment, or a bedsheet, or something similar that's the size of half the surface area of the moon. 'Port it into space or a weightless plane. Cast a Fell Drain Explosive Runes on it big enough to cover the whole thing (make it a simple word, such as "it"), and spread it over the surface of the moon. The next person (or thing) to look up in the sky and read it sets it off. RAW, if you're close enough to read it you don't get a save. Since it's easily readable from the surface of the planet everything on the surface of the planet will take 6d6 force damage and a negative level. There are enough 1 HD (or below) creatures (and ones with hp low enough that 6d6 + the hp damage from a negative level would kill them) that every one of them would rise shortly thereafter as a wight. It's quite likely that they'll spread like nobody's business (since they're self-replicating), so soon everything on, in, and under the planet will be wightified, and those few that aren't will probably Plane Shift away because it's now a lost cause.

So have yourself a merry little apocalypse for the low-low-low cost of a 5th level spell slot.

Black_Zawisza
2012-04-05, 03:49 PM

A widened, explosive, empowered apocalypse from the sky is one of my favorites.
A bit off-topic, but I can't help but roll my eyes whenever I see the phrase "barely legal". :smallbiggrin:

Toy Killer
2012-04-05, 03:59 PM
isn't there some cheese about modifying breath weapons for obscene damage world wide? I don't have a copy of Draconomicon on hand to verify how, but I remember it being all the rage at a FLGS.

Rubik
2012-04-05, 04:22 PM
A bit off-topic, but I can't help but roll my eyes whenever I see the phrase "bearly legal". :smallbiggrin:FTFY

Also, kill the world WITH BEARS.

NNescio
2012-04-05, 04:37 PM
Step1:Be a water elemental warblade.
Step2:Walk onto land.
Step3:Iron heart surge.
Step4:???
Step5:laugh

And the sequel:
Step1:Vampire Warblade.
Step2:Belt of battle.
Step3:Take a step into the sun.
Step4:Activate belt of battle (2 charges for standard action).
Step5:Iron heart surge.
Step6:???
Step5:Laugh

Next sequel:

Step 1: Be a living organic Warblade.
Step 2: Get a Wizard buddy.
Step 3: Teleport into space. (No, things don't just go kablooey in space, and suffocation takes some time.)
Step 4: Iron Heart Surge
Step 5: ???
Step 6: Laugh

Not nihilistic enough.

Step 1: Be an incorporeal warblade.
Step 2: Iron Heart Surge the Material Plane.
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Laugh.

I'll one up this one

Step1:Be a ghost warblade
Step2:Iron Heart Surge
Step3:Manifest
Step4:Iron Heart Surge
Step5:????
Step6:Laugh

Required minimum text.

Rubik
2012-04-05, 04:43 PM
I've got a better one. The positive energy plane is the source of all life in the multiverse, right? Life and souls.

Be a living and organic warblade.
Step 1: Visit the PEP
Step 2: Note that you're gaining temp hp really fast, and if it goes up too high you'll eventually fail the required saving throws to explode.
Step 3: Iron Heart Surge
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Laugh!

Ironically, undead aren't affected by being on the PEP.

hydraa
2012-04-05, 04:55 PM
Slow method -> decanter(s) of endless water -> break the stopper

Could continue to craft them at one every 2-3 days to speed the process up.

Fill the earth at 432,000 gallons of salt water a day per decanter or a volume of about 8x8x8 cubes a day

Approx 219613768704000 squares on the surface earth

so about 10 billion years for 1 decanter to cover the earth in 40 ft of water

Andorax
2012-04-05, 04:56 PM
Obliterate the Bastion of Souls on the PEP?

Rubik
2012-04-05, 05:02 PM
Slow method -> decanter(s) of endless water -> break the stopper

Could continue to craft them at one every 2-3 days to speed the process up.

Fill the earth at 432,000 gallons of salt water a day per decanter or a volume of about 8x8x8 cubes a day

Approx 219613768704000 squares on the surface earthThere are open gates to the other energy and elemental planes on the Material plane already; excess water just goes back to the elemental plane of water, usually.

Piggy Knowles
2012-04-05, 05:05 PM
isn't there some cheese about modifying breath weapons for obscene damage world wide? I don't have a copy of Draconomicon on hand to verify how, but I remember it being all the rage at a FLGS.

From what I recall, there's the idea of stacking metabreath feats endlessly and on top of each other. Take Enlarge Breath, and add on some ridiculously large amount of rounds until your cone covers the whole world. Toss on all the other modifiers too, if you want. You'll never be able to use your breath weapon again, but you'll have successfully covered the world in acid. That has to be worth something, right?

Rubik
2012-04-05, 05:10 PM
Obliterate the Bastion of Souls on and the PEP?That, yes.

The Mentalist
2012-04-05, 05:55 PM
Step 1: Vivacious Creature from Planar Handbook 133-134 Make it a Summon Monster II for A Vivacious Owl
Step 2: Accquire Halaster's Fetch II from City of Spendors 154
Step 3: Make an incorpeal proof box that has traps that cast it every round (or an Energy Transformation Field from Spell Compendium)
Step 4: Wait for Owls reach critical mass so that when they are released they will explode the entire world with their Positive Energy Aura.
Step 5: Open the box...

Ravens_cry
2012-04-05, 06:03 PM
Ironically, undead aren't affected by being on the PEP.
If anything they are healed by it. It doesn't say what the source of healing is.
I consider this to be a bug, like bucket healing, and would never, ever allow it 'In game'.