PDA

View Full Version : Ur-Priest spell access?[also the rest of the diviners]

Red_Dog
2012-04-03, 04:18 AM
Hello all. I have a question that would make me sound lik a n00b... I am not proud of this, but after re-reading 4 different sources my mind was unable to give a conclusive answer. So i'll just go ahead and ask=>

Could Ur-Priest cast spells that have a line of "Level: Clr 5, Drd 7, Knowledge 5"

For example could Ur-Priest prepare True Seeing? O_o I am confused. He/she has access to entire cleric list and disregards alignment. He/she however does not gain domains.

If the answer is "Yes, she/he can." Than why put this spell in domain when a normal cleric can cast it? Is it just so one can shove it in the "domain slot"?

So yeah... feeling pretty dumb right about now for asking, but still ^^ I hope to see an answer. ^^ If it is possible, I hope for a source, because after reading PHB, SRD and WotC article I found no answer. Perhaps its because its 5 am and I am tired, but still ^^

P.S. I understand that generally domains are great. And I do know that say, War Domain grants Power Word Kill, which a cleric without war domain can't cast. I am just confused when the level repeats like in all the heal spells for example. I always assumed that clerics without healing domain can still heal when they are good.

Yuki Akuma
2012-04-03, 04:21 AM
Of course he can cast it. It's on the Cleric spell list.

It is also on the Druid spell list and the Knowledge domain list, but why should that matter?

(Hint: it doesn't matter.)

The Ur-Priest is unable to cast spells that only appear on domain lists, like Anyspell.

Red_Dog
2012-04-03, 04:24 AM
Of course he can cast it. It's on the Cleric spell list.

It is also on the Druid spell list and the Knowledge domain list, but why should that matter?

(Hint: it doesn't matter.)

The Ur-Priest is unable to cast spells that only appear on domain lists, like Anyspell.

Thank you for such a speedy response! ^^ And thats what I thought to but *resurrects my Russian accent* "Sources they konfuse me!" ^^.

Thx again!^^

Yuki Akuma
2012-04-03, 04:38 AM
Also, yes, the reason it's in a domain list at the same level as the Cleric list is so a Cleric can put it in his domain slot, if he likes.