PDA

View Full Version : need help with a strong gestalt cleric build

Korivan
2012-04-03, 06:15 AM
Alright playgrounders, my friend and I have compiled a couple of lvl 20 uber builds that incorporate different styles for a epic to near epic campaign. We plan on everything massive being thrown at us from dragons to demons, elder elementals to 9th level spellcasting liches. The landscape will range from the abyss, elemental planes, underdark, and a couple custom demiplanes where we were told not expect reality to stay sane. So we're looking more for overpowering.

So far,

1. One person is gonna go rouge/scout, not sure how but he got his sneak attack dice up to d12's, but he's got alot of them.

2. Second person is half-orc: barbarian20/fighter2-frenzied beserker10-???8. With leap attack and frenzy's improved power attack, I think he can get a 12 damage to 1 BAB ratio. Also, high focus on DR/- and magic equipment for various immunities.

3. Third (me): Factotum17-cleric3 (initiate of mystra)/wizard5-metaphysical spellshaper3-incantrix10-archmage2. Massive focus on metamagic or course.

4. Warforged artificer/psion: strong focus on summoning and augmenting.
or
Warlock/rouge with focus on hiding in plain sight and improving blast dice with sneak attacks around the battlefield.

5. Here's the challenge. The fifth of our group wants to be mostly a cleric, but we are having a hard time figuring out what to splice it with. I know the answer lies with prestige classing, but not experienced with 3rd edition clerics enough.

Pilo
2012-04-03, 07:05 AM
Cloistered Cleric 5/Planar sheperd10/Thaumaturgist 5 or Prc//Druid20
Focusing on summon thing (greenbound summoning?)

Taffimai
2012-04-03, 07:09 AM
I would go Cloistered Cleric // Druid with the ACF that lets you spontaneously cast domain spells on the cleric side and Natural Spell on the druid side. There might be more powerful builds out there, but this is strong and simple.

Jack_Simth
2012-04-03, 07:30 AM
5. Here's the challenge. The fifth of our group wants to be mostly a cleric, but we are having a hard time figuring out what to splice it with. I know the answer lies with prestige classing, but not experienced with 3rd edition clerics enough.
Let's see... what's your cheese tolerance?

Cleric-5/Dweomerkeeper(Complete Divine Web Enhancement version)-10/Spelldancer-5 (Magic of Faerun)//Hatchling Phaerimm (LA+2, Lost Empires of Faerun)/Ghost (LA+5)/Evolved Undead-1/Pious Templar-2/Contemplative-10

Pick Planar Touchstone(Catalogs of Enlightenment(Pride Domain)), if you don't just have the Pride domain from your Contemplative levels or your Cleric levels, as a feat.

Then go crazy with Persistent Spells. Spelldancing lets you apply metamagic for free (you're immune to the fatigue and the Con damage), the Phaerimm have a funny racial listing that means they cast as Sorcerers of their hit dice (that's Hit Dice, not Racial Hit Dice!) as spell like abilities, and you've got 20 of those from the other side of your gestalt. Spelldancer grants Evasion, Ghost grants Charisma to AC, Evolved Undead grants fast healing, Pious Templar grants Mettle, and Contemplative changes your type as the capstone so that you don't have the undead vulnerabilities, and Dweomerkeeper gives you a limited ability to ignore material, focus, and XP components for your Cleric spells by way of Supernatural Spell.

So go through Spell Compendium, and stack on the buffs, for the entire party: Extended(Persistent(Chained(Reach(spell X)))) on every spell you can fit into your list. This is the buff master, essentially.

Oh yes, and while you can be killed, you come back.