PDA

View Full Version : Time rewind

Azoth
2012-04-03, 07:07 AM
Okay guys. I have a reoccuring villan i want to introduce to my campaign world. I have his build down, and he is decent at combat, a parcour god, sneaky and stealthy. A great harrasser and stealer of items you don't want stolen. I am just having an issue gearing him up to rewind time and change the flow of things when needed. I don't want to piss off my players with homebrew items and such since this campaign is a "by the books" type. I am lookihg for items and even spells if need be that would allow him to stop, fastforward, or most preferably rewind time.

DoctorGlock
2012-04-03, 07:29 AM
Amulet of second chances from magic item compendium, 40k, 1/day as a swift rewind time 1 round

There was also a 9th level psionic power that did this but i cannot remember the name

look through dragonlance's time of the twins, a fair amount of time based stuff, not sure if they had recall but the had travel (as well as an article online that does it better)

Psyren
2012-04-03, 07:32 AM
A parkour master that can rewind time? Is he by chance a member of the royal family? :smalltongue:

There was also a 9th level psionic power that did this but i cannot remember the name

Time Regression (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/timeRegression.htm)

Wings of Peace
2012-04-03, 08:12 AM
This (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/pg/20030409b) seems relevant to your interests.

Piggy Knowles
2012-04-03, 09:08 AM
I designed a character for a game a long time ago, who was a wizard that was unstuck in time. As such, I re-fluffed a lot of existing spells to have a more "manipulating the fact that he's floating through time" feel to them. Here are the spells I ended up using:

1-
Nerveskitter (Manipulating time to go first)
Snake’s Swiftness (Changing the timestream to allow an ally to act again)

2-
Augury (Peering into the future)
Lesser Celerity (Obvious, no?)
Snake’s Swiftness, Mass (See above)
Blur (Existing in two times at once)
Mirror Image (Existing in many times at once)

3-
Blink (Blinking in and out of the future)
Haste (Speeding up time)
Slow (Slowing down time)

4-
Celerity (Again, fairly obvious)
Divination (Peering into the future)

5-
Permanency (Turning something into a fixed point in time)

6-
Contingency (Bring something forward from another time)
Eyes of the Oracle (Use knowledge of the future to gain extra time)
Legend Lore (Peering into the past)

7-
Arcane Spellsurge (Speed up time)
Vision (Peering into the future)

8-
Greater Celerity (Obvious)
Moment of Prescience (Seeing into the future constantly)
Temporal Stasis (Obvious)

9-
Hindsight (Peering into the past)
Teleport through Time (Traveling through time)
Time Stop (Stopping time)

Anyhow, items that reproduce these spells or similar effects could be a good place to start...

Azoth
2012-04-03, 09:14 AM
This villan is lossely based on Prince of Persia. I am actually going to award bonus xp to the first player to get the reference. I like to throw in little easter eggs like this one for my players every now and again. Besides a hunk of xp will make up a little bit of the pain it is going to be to reclaim the mcguffin and some of their favorite gear.

eggs
2012-04-03, 03:39 PM
How do you feel about Bruce Cordell's Hyperconscious?

Chronorebel is a pretty well-balanced Psionic PrC that is very good at rewinding time and changing the flow of things when needed. It gets some nifty abilities like a mini-timestop at ECL 7, a 1-round time regression at ECL 10 and a longer-term time travel ability at ECL 15 (from 2 weeks to several thousand years into the past), as well as some time-themed powers and enough skill points to continue a Nomad, Psychic Rogue or Lurk's Tumble/Jump/Balance skills.