PDA

View Full Version : Corrupting fellow party members

DrLancelot
2012-04-03, 07:17 AM
Our party has started to slide towards evil, led primarily by my Dread Necromancer. So far we've managed to get by with discretion and misdirection on the part of the evil characters and wilful ignorance on the part of the good characters. I've decided my character is going to try and mess with the good characters to corrupt them so he can be a bit more open with his wild necromancy. (The players of the good characters know of this plan and don't object, the good/evil sqabbling within the party is part of the fun of this campaign)

So I'm looking for ideas as to how to drive them crazy so they're more likely to allow their morals to slip. I missed a good opportunity last session to trick them into killing some women and children. The only idea I've come up with so far is to start planting evidence on one of the characters at night to make them think they've been sleep walking and committing evil acts in their sleep.

Any devious plans? I know I can rely on the internet for depravity :smallbiggrin:
Thanks

JadePhoenix
2012-04-03, 07:49 AM
If you're the only one doing this, wouldn't they be more inclined to kill your evil character instead of being corrupted?

Feralventas
2012-04-03, 07:54 AM
Try to appear as a paragon of all that is good and noble. The more you manage this, the more credibility you'll have, and you'll need that if you want to try to make the conversion more their own choices than your own. Remember; the more that they convince themselves to do, the better. The evil acts should be their idea, and if possible, not viewed as evil, or at worst viewed as absolutely necessary.

For example.

Party is passing through a town on important quest.
Town is afflicted by a werewolf.
"We can't simply let this be. It'd be unconscionable. Surely we can spare a day or three."
Werewolf is tracked down and killed.
You spend some time or send a lacky to grab another wolf and kill it and animate it, ordering it to attack as soon as the werewolf is killed.
"There must be more than one! Thank Pelor we arrived when we did, else this might have spread."
Continue staging attacks with werewolves. If you can do so, afflict more townsfolk with the actual disease, perhaps by grafting bits of the werewolf's body to your undead.
"We cannot allow this to continue. No matter how much effort we put into this, there are always more. If this gets out, there will be a plague of madness and bloodshed."
"This entire town must be purged. There's no other way."

1 town and full population dead.
plenty of death and corpses for you to work with.
sacrifices to your patron deity as much as your ambitions.
dead at the hands of your party.
possibly infecting party members after the fact.

Ballista
2012-04-03, 06:27 PM
Our party has started to slide towards evil, led primarily by my Dread Necromancer. So far we've managed to get by with discretion and misdirection on the part of the evil characters and wilful ignorance on the part of the good characters.

You mentioned that there are multiple Evil characters, who/what might they be?

Alabenson
2012-04-03, 10:58 PM
My favorite tactic for something like this would be to take every chance to point out to the good characters how keeping to their morals harms innocents or interfers with their character's goals.
I actually did something like this during an evil campaign, where my CE character spent half his time trying to talk the other PCs into accepting his insane, nihilist worldview (he spent the other half of his time setting everything and everyone that wasn't the party on fire).

Demonic_Spoon
2012-04-04, 01:15 AM
There's always the classic helm of opposite alignment?

Harry
2012-04-04, 01:57 AM

This replace your party members helm with this one and there all evil yay:smallsmile:

DrLancelot
2012-04-04, 04:58 AM
If you're the only one doing this, wouldn't they be more inclined to kill your evil character instead of being corrupted?

That's why I have to be subtle. So far they only think I'm shifty neutral.

Try to appear as a paragon of all that is good and noble. The more you manage this, the more credibility you'll have, and you'll need that if you want to try to make the conversion more their own choices than your own.

That part I have under control. The players know that every time their characters turn their back I get up to insane evil, but their characters rarely see me do anything too evil. And I try to take opportunities to perform good acts whenever I can. Lycanthropy could be fun, if I could find a lycanthrope. I'll get on it.

You mentioned that there are multiple Evil characters, who/what might they be?

Technically I'm the only evil character so far, but there's an elven druid who is only resisting evil because she's CN and she can't figure out how to diagonally slide to NE. There's a CN elven ranger who's only not evil yet because she hasn't been handed any good opportunities. She wants to roleplay the descent before changing it on her sheet. There's also a CN (yeah, it's that kind of party) cleric of Olidamarra who's new so I'm not 100% sure where she'll go but I think she'll just stay at her drunken CN status.

The good characters are an LG monk and an NG fighter. I'm NE.

take every chance to point out to the good characters how keeping to their morals harms innocents or interfers with their character's goals.

Will try this :)

Will try this on the fighter if I have to, but I'd prefer not to demonkinate the monk.

Thanks guys :smallsmile: Keep em coming