PDA

View Full Version : Level 9 spells/powers for epic erudite?

gomipile
2012-04-03, 11:09 AM
I've seen mention of a way for an epic erudite to learn level 9 discipline powers , or spells if StP?

gomipile
2012-04-03, 12:59 PM
Arcane genesis is great shapechange is broken timestop is good unname can kill almost anything greater visage of the deity is a good buff and undermaster is badass:smallbiggrin:

I don't understand how this can be construed as a method for obtaining level 9 spells or level 9 discipline powers on an erudite.

Psyren
2012-04-03, 01:38 PM
9th-level powers are easy - Epic Expanded Knowledge, or Psychic Chirurgery can both do it.

9th-level spells are harder. One way is the dubious trick of combining Favored Discipline and Spell to Power (giving up both of your bonus 1st-level feats to do so.) This is shaky by RAW though.

gomipile
2012-04-03, 08:26 PM
9th-level powers are easy - Epic Expanded Knowledge, or Psychic Chirurgery can both do it.

9th-level spells are harder. One way is the dubious trick of combining Favored Discipline and Spell to Power (giving up both of your bonus 1st-level feats to do so.) This is shaky by RAW though.

I'm sorry, what I meat was a way to learn powers through the Erudite's learning ability, so that he could learn any number of powers without spending feats on them.

Rubik
2012-04-03, 08:41 PM
The way I got every pre-epic spell and power in the game was to combine the StP Erudite with the Mantled Erudite (taking the Magic Mantle), then use the Extra Spell and Expanded Knowledge feats and the thought bottle (to store my powers known and to refill my XP total), or alternately you can craft a power stone with it encoded in it to learn from, then to use Psychic Reformation to choose another spell for the Extra Spell and Expanded Knowledge feats. Use research and Psychic Chirurgery to get the 9ths. And that's doable pre-epic.

Psyren
2012-04-03, 08:55 PM
I'm sorry, what I meat was a way to learn powers through the Erudite's learning ability, so that he could learn any number of powers without spending feats on them.

Actually, you only need 1 feat. It's faster if you have a cohort or psionic party member, but here's how you do it solo:

1) Take Epic Expanded Knowledge for Psychic Chirurgery.
2) Manifest Metaconcert; the "mental entity" is under your command and knows every power you know.
3) Have the entity manifest Psychic Chirurgery to teach you Psychic Chirurgery. You now know Psychic Chirurgery yourself and thus no longer need the Epic EK feat.
4) Psychic Reformation yourself to exchange the feat for Epic EK of another power you want to learn.
5) Repeat until you know all the powers you wish.

This will cost a good chunk of XP though, so you may want to utilize a thought bottle trick first if possible.