PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

inexorabletruth
2012-04-03, 05:26 PM
Dawn crests the eastern horizon, shooting tendrils of radiance between the cracks of the jagged wall of the Abbor-Alz hills. A springtime breeze carries the call of the abbey's rooster to the dormitory chamber in which you are sleeping.

The morning ceremony will begin on the training grounds in one hour. Around you, other young monks are tidying their beds and preparing for their day. At the foot of your bed, you see a summons from Master Caramip to meet her in the Abbey Courtyard after ritual.

Map:
The dormitories for the lower lever Monks are on the second floor. Here is a map of the ground floor. If you'd like I can also provide you a map of the 2nd floor, but it is pretty much like the first floor, only with larger rooms, and fewer walls.

Ground Floor (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50887717/Monk%20PbP/Abbey%20of%20the%20Flame%20Hand%20Ground%20Floor.p df)

Master Caramip:
Master Caramip Daergal is a skillful and fearless Gnome Sorcerer/Monk who makes up for her lack of size with seemingly reckless tenacity and an unpredictable acrobatic technique that is designed to confuse and misdirect her opponents. She is likable and comes across as playful and careless, but those who know her well realize that this is mostly a disarming ploy that plays on the presumptions most other races have of Gnomes. She is a calculating and disciplined warrior who thrives off of being underestimated.

Man on Fire
2012-04-03, 05:55 PM
Vir-Sashi spends entire time since reciving the message to the meeting worried about it. Why Master Caramip wants to see him? Did he do something bad recently? Maybe they finaly realized a Broodguard like him cannot make a good monk? He is such disgusting creature. A monster that cannot control his own rage. What if Master Yago was wrong about him? What if he is just a dumb beast and cannot never make a good Friend of Justice?
These kinds of thoughts keept him worried and distracted since the meeting. Now he was waiting in the Abbey Coutryard, looking like he is trying to meditate, but really just trying to look calm and not worry. And failing at both.

Azoth
2012-04-03, 09:36 PM
Li spends his time before the meeting in the training yard. His mind focused on the meeting, but allowing his body to flow without thought through his morning exercises and training without fail. As time for the meeting drew near he began to towel off and purify his body for the meeting. He would not meet a master smelling like the southern end of a northbound yak. When it was time he awaited the master patiently standing at full attention for his post.

lostsole31
2012-04-04, 12:31 AM
Coanacoch was always just behind his peers in overall skill and ability. Most of his peers were able to claim one particular gift - strength, stamina, agility, focus, etc. - but Coanacoch always felt a step behind. His adroitness, more trained than natural, was easily his best trait, and even that always felt just behind the overwhelming majority of students who considered that their best trait.

No, Coanacoch was committed to his sister, who was the real talent in the family. Coanaoch knew that as one less talented then others, he actually could be more of a 'true' monk than others, for in his endeavors lay a life of service rather than exercises of the ego. Still, should he ever be called, he knew that only three things could help him: the favor of the gods; a pure spirit; and skill. In battle, the last was what he'd need.

No one gets this far in their training without skill, but what Coanacoch lacked in talent, he made up for in pure focus and skill. Using a very wide, flowing, acrobatic combat style, he was one of the finest combat acrobats among the senior novices (assuming levels 1-3), second only to Li. But even Coanacoch made mobility work more for him in battle. When it came to balance and contortionism, his skill managed to best those far more agile than he ... but he could only keep this edge if he focused more on it than did the others.

He finishes a sweeping series of broad, expansive, mobile kata. He then pays his respect to the senior student that oversaw this end-ritual exercise for the students in his group, and then goes to wait outside his sister's group until she is ready. He'll head to see Master Caramip with her.

zever
2012-04-04, 12:32 AM
Han was one of the first to wake up and tidy his bed as always. Though today was different. He felt different, but he couldn't describe what it was. While tidying his bed, he sees the summoning in front of his bed. Master Caramip wants to see me? he thinks. Quickly, he looks around to see if others got the summons as well, but there are a lot of beds and already some people walking around blocking his view. First the strange feeling, now this... Something certainly is going on today.. After this, he sits on his bed to contemplate, and prepares himself to go to the ritual and afterwards the meeting.

PSinger
2012-04-04, 02:35 AM
Necahual was an explorer. Though she had no skill with maps or languages or peoples, still she longed to walk the world outside her lands to test herself and her fortitude in increasingly difficult situations. She always maintained her culture as much as possible to keep her footing, yet her drive to explore her inner and outer world kept her from stagnating.

She was, perhaps, too serious. And she knew it. She often wondered about having brought her younger brother with her. It was only because of the esteem of their family that the young boy was even accepted for any training. Necahual didn't have that battle to fight when she was tested a few years before him. No, she didn't have that problem at all. She was glad for her brother to be here with her, that he tagged along and pestered he to come. He didn't have much hope for advancement at home, and his kind demeanor often had the humor needed to take the edge off of a situation.

Focus. Will. Stamina. After any protracted battle, muscles become sore and fighting prowess, no matter how good, atrophies. With this age-old maxim, the answer is simple: train technique as well as you are able, but spend more time blending that technique into a body form that is unyielding in mind and body, inured to pain and fatigue.

She is one of the strongest of the novices, but others (such as Versace Vir-Sashi) still match her, and even he is better at using leveraged strength. But when it comes to trading blows, she can outlast any of the novices. Her style is brutal and close-in, its not pretty, but when her freakishly strong build (for a female) was brought for testing as a little girl, she knew she didn't want to spend her life as a temple guardian, performing the sun dance and using her skills for beauty. Nope. You want to be effective? Be effective, not pretty.

To date, this has served her pretty well. She didn't look at the summons with any mock humility, nor did she look at it with some sense of grandiose expectation or misplaced arrogance. No, she simply saw the summons for what it was .... a chance for her to once again test her limits.

inexorabletruth
2012-04-05, 02:44 AM
Master Caramip is sitting comfortably on a stone bench amidst the courtyard garden lost in concentration as she fastidiously files her nails. Her tongue juts out from between her lips like a tiny red dagger as she leans in closer to inspect her handiwork. With a satisfied smirk, she blows the dust from her fingernails and raises them in the air; you see that they are long and filed to sharp points.

Without moving her head, she shifts her eyes to gaze mischievously in the direction of where you are all gathered. "Good morning!" she laughs and hops off the bench. "What do you think? I'm working on a new technique," she says in her typical bubbly demeanor as she displays the sharpened tips of her fingernails.

"The importance of any stealth mission," she says with a wink, "is to remain invisible. Now you see me, sha-shaa!" she blurts as she gestures with an overly-dramatic slash of her right and left hands at eye level, "and now you don't... see anything... ever again!" She smiles and lets out an odd chuckle.

Azoth
2012-04-05, 05:06 AM
Li looks unto the impish woman with unimpressed eyes. To him such a tactic was childish and dishonorable. As a master he would not insult her or her methods, but he would not praise those methods.
"There is an inssue with that sensei. The pain will make a man scream in agony...allerting all to the pressense of an intruder. Perhaps, the method needs further refining."

His frame shifted as he leaned forward to bow and shield his eyes from reprimand.
"I do not wish to seem impertinant master, but perhaps you could tell us as to why we are all gathered here this morning? I am certain that we are all eager to learn of what task it is you require our humble assistance in accomplishing."

zever
2012-04-05, 06:05 AM
Han was not impressed by the moves of the master. He didn't like people who showed off. Not if they did it showing their wealth, nor by showing their power. In his mind, being invisible was to blend in with the normal commoners or at lower ranks. As a beggar, he had been invisible for people, humanoid or non-humanoid and monsters alike. After her little show, he bows deeply, not saying anything, but leaving this to the others gathered. Instead, he looks at the others and wonders why they were all gathered here on this sunny morning.

odigity
2012-04-05, 09:55 AM
Ulyono yawned and opened his eyes. Glancing around, he noticed the bunks were mostly empty. By Yondalla's shield! He has awoken late! All of these years of training, and still he has failed to achieve perfect discipline. Well, at least there is joy in having a skill or habit yet to master.

He jumps up, dons his green and yellow robe, and rushes off to splash water in his eyes. On return, he spots the note, and upon reading it, feels a knot of worry in his stomach. Of all the days to sleep in...

He quickly but cautiously makes his way to the courtyard, hanging back a little to see what it is he is about to shamefully interrupt with his tardiness.

"...and now you don't... see anything... ever again!"

Ulyono does not understand. If stealth is required, why not just actually become invisible?

inexorabletruth
2012-04-05, 10:45 AM
Master Caramip laughs again, apparently amused by the whole thing.

"Of course," she says after a brief pause, "on to business. Today is your big day. It's been a quiet Winter, but the long awaited Spring brings work, especially for monks such as you who have proven themselves worthy of the Abbey's trust!"

With a flick of the wrist, she produces a note from an unseen fold in her humble robe and smiles, this time a bit more warmly. "It's nothing too dangerous, the farming community of Cliffside Vale is requesting our presence. It never fails," she waves her hand dismissively while frowning at the notion, "every time the thaw comes, farmers begin their disputes over land and other entitlements. Our presence there acts as a deterrent to keep these disputes from getting violent. If... I should say when they do, then it is our duty to protect, subdue and detain if needed, before anyone gets hurt."

She looks at each member of the assembled group with stern eyes, this time all the mirth taken from them. "There is the off chance that goblin or orc raids could happen. They'll be crawling out of their caves too, ready for some disputes of their own. Remember that five Monks do not make an army, and the farmers' lives come first over whatever desire you may have to prove yourself in battle. Let the farms burn. Guide the people to safety and send a distress messenger at once. We will be sending a courier pigeon with you so that you may send any communication you need to the abbey. Included with the summons is a copy of our usual agreement. You're to be provided food and lodging there while acting as peacekeepers, as well as the legal right to apprehend suspected law-breakers and amnesty from fault of any injury that may occur to said suspect if they resist apprehension. Of course this doesn't mean you should use lethal force, and therefore, while weapons are approved for this mission, they are not to be used on the citizens of Cliffside Vale.

"This is your first mission without a master. Consider this to be your final test, and a profound display of our faith in you. Show that you can work as a team, put the lives of others above yourself, and function with honor under the principles of Azer's Flame. I have absolute confidence in each of you and know that you will make the Abbey proud on your return."

She steps closer to the group and holds the two notes of parchment up, patiently waiting for someone to take it. "Please go to the supply chamber for your approved supplies. Rassaphore Godwin has been informed of what you will require." Her stern visage snaps back into it's usual playful expression. "Good luck everyone! I know you'll make us proud."

DM Note:
The Supply Chamber is also on the 2nd floor of the abbey, just to the east of Staircase Hall, for quick and easy access in case of immediate danger.

odigity
2012-04-05, 10:58 AM
Ulyono hesitantly raises his hand. "Five and a half monks, Master Caramip, if I may be forgiven my delay and allowed to join in this task."

inexorabletruth
2012-04-05, 11:12 AM
Master Caramip, freezes, mouth agape, as if turned to stone. Her eyes slowly roll to face the direction of the tardy Halfling.

"Speaking of being invisible," she says with a growing smirk on her otherwise still face. "Sleep late again, Novice Ulyono? We're glad you could join us. I'm sure the others can debrief you on the details of your mission."

Man on Fire
2012-04-05, 11:52 AM
Vir-Sashi couldn't be happier. he was going to be put to a test! It means the masters haven't lost faith in him. Better, they want to let him prove he can be good Friend of Justice. He felt burning emotion of happiness flowing through him, he wanted to jump and hugh Master Caramip, but he knew it wasn't appriorate.
"I thank you for this honor Master. I promise to not shame the Abbey. He said, bowing humbly.

zever
2012-04-05, 01:00 PM
Han bows after receiving the mission: Thank you ma'am, your faith in us is much appreciated, and we will make sure that it is not misplaced, is there any person we should talk to in Cliffside Vale, maybe a village elder or an other leader of some sorts?

Azoth
2012-04-05, 04:08 PM
Li rises from hsi bow with a small nod to the master. "Understood master. We will not disappoint you. We shall be on our way once all of us are finished gathering our supplies."

Li began to walk away from the master while looking to the others.
"This will be fun. Say we meet up at the main gate in five minutes or so to head out?"

odigity
2012-04-05, 08:10 PM
"Agreed."

As he owns nothing but a waterskin and the robe he's already wearing, Ulyono appears at the gate a moment later, ready to depart.

Man on Fire
2012-04-05, 08:13 PM
"I have all my things with me, so I'll wait for you there."

Others would probably want to say goodbye to their friends, but Vir-Shashi didn't really had any. And was that really so suprising? Who would like to befriend such disgusting creature like him, worse, a creation of vile Yuan-Ti?

inexorabletruth
2012-04-06, 04:26 AM
Master Caramip looks to Han Chun Li thoughtfully for a moment. "The farmlands of Cliffside are run by a community council, really. It's difficult to say that any one representative there runs it. Strictly speaking, it's run by the lord of Durgeddinvale, but as long as his taxes arrive on time, he doesn't pay them much mind and the farmers who reside there are content to leave it that way. I suppose if one could be called a leader, it would be the Morgan family. Kelvin Morgan is the master of the largest farm in Cliffside Vale, and his family is the only one large enough to run the place for him while he tends to what few political matters the place may have. If a meeting is called, it's usually because he called it.

Cliffside Vale consists mainly of five families who run the largest farms or ranches in the area, as well as a half-dozen or so smaller families. The eldest sons of each of the five families typically serve as the town militia. Although who is in charge of them is always a matter of who seems to be the most proficient with a sword at the time. I would seek first Kelvin Morgan, and ask him to introduce you to the town militia. Once you meet with the militia it may help you to understand what your role is while there. Your very presence could prove a threat to whoever is running the militia at the time. Showing that you are only there to help, and that you respect his or her authority could go a long way to making things run smoothly should a crises come up."

She gestures again with the papers. "Take these, and present the orders to Kelvin when you get there to reaffirm our agreement. They like things to be in writing over there."

Master Caramip bows cordially to each of you in turn. "I'm sure you'll do well."

zever
2012-04-06, 04:44 AM
Han takes one of the papers given out by master Caramip and reads it, and thanks her for the information. Afterwards, he turns to the others:
I seem to be ready to leave too, maybe you can go get your supplies if needed, while I fill in our friend Ulyono with the details of our mission. He then turns to Ulyono to explain to him what master Caramip has been telling before he arrived.

PSinger
2012-04-06, 03:35 PM
Necahual, likewise, doesn't know what to think of the gnome's silly eye-cutter maneuver, but isn't that impressed.

She nods during the exchange and says, "Shall we be given a waterskin and a few days provision? But, yes, Master Caramip, I am truly honored for this chance to prove my worth."

lostsole31
2012-04-06, 04:37 PM
It doesn't help since everyon else is so dour, but Coanacoch lets out a laugh before he can stop himself. He doesn't see Master Caramip as showing off, but rather as having a little fun. The slash without nails doesn't make nearly as much sense as a gouge, so it looks entirely impractical ... only further reinforcing his belief that she is just trying to get us to lighten up. Oh, well.

At the end of it (and his sister's request for provisions), he says, "Thank you, Master Caramip, it is an honor. If it would please the good master, I've been working on a maneuver and I wanted to show it to you to get your thoughts."

Azoth
2012-04-06, 06:55 PM
It took Li only a few moments to gather his provisions bfore joining the others already waiting at the gate. His face relaxed and an almost smile on it.
"So...who wants to be in charge of talking with the farmers when we get there? I don't think I am for 20 questions on my scarred up face or politics about dirt from everyone there and their uncle-brother-daddy...so not it."

lostsole31
2012-04-06, 09:02 PM
The obviously exotic and foreign Necahual, never much for social graces looks over to Han Li.

odigity
2012-04-06, 09:05 PM
The obviously exotic and foreign Necahual, never much for social graces looks over to Han Li.

Funny, that's what I was thinking.

About Han Li, not Necahual. :)

"Not it."

Ulyono looks at Han Li, expectantly.

PSinger
2012-04-06, 09:57 PM
Sorry, gang. I accidentally updated on lost's account (roomies sharing a 'puter) when it was for me describing my character. But I have his blessing to return the favor...

It's like a comic take in a movie. Even though these post occur at different times, I see Li mentioning the need for a spokesperson, and then everyone simultaneously ... including Coanacoch ... looking at Han Li. :smallsmile:

inexorabletruth
2012-04-07, 07:56 AM
"Shall we be given a waterskin and a few days provision? But, yes, Master Caramip, I am truly honored for this chance to prove my worth."

Master Caramip turns to Necahual with a slight frown, "Supply requests are all handled by Rassaphore Godwin. This paper," hands the remaining parchment to Necahual, "is all you need to give to him, and he can supply you with rations, water, approved weapons, and other supplies as needed."

"Absolutely, Novice Coanacoch!" Master Caramip says with a sparkle in her eye, that is only slightly dimmed by the observation of several members of the team already heading towards the gate, "but perhaps when you've returned from Cliffside. The rest of your team seems a bit over-eager to get going, and has already scampered away. I wouldn't want you to get left behind on your first unsupervised mission. I can hardly wait to see what you've come up with, though!" She waves and grins at the novices, like a mother waves goodbye to her children on their first day of school, her giddiness and pride barely contained in her tiny frame, which seems eager to burst into motion at any moment.

lostsole31
2012-04-07, 09:29 PM
Coanacoch takes what he needs to requisition. Everything taken from provisions/ armory will be marked "***" for return later. Obvious consumables (candles, food, whatever) will, of course, not be returned unless there are leftovers.3 javelins, 1 handaxe, backpack, bedroll, flint & steel, waterskin, 5 days rations, 2 torches, 50' silk rope

PSinger
2012-04-07, 11:02 PM
Necahual gets a similar loadout, but with the following differences:
* Bullseye lantern and 6 flasks oil instead of torches.
* Dagger instead of an axe, more as a tool.
* Quarterstaff for primary weapon.
* Sling & 20 bullets.

inexorabletruth
2012-04-08, 01:19 PM
Rassaphore Godwin bows humbly at your urgent requests. "My apologies, brother and sister. Are you requesting these items on loan from the monastery, or purchasing them? I have been given orders to lend the use of the following items for your mission, upon request."

He shows you a detailed list of weapons and items.
Mission: Cliffside Vale
Assigned: Coanacoch, Han Chun Li, Li, Nedahual, Ulyono, Vir-Sashi

Approved Weapons: Ranged
Dagger
Shuriken (5) and pouch
Sling

Approved Weapons: Melee
Kama
Nunchaku
Quarterstaff
Sai

Approved Items:
Backpack
Bedroll
Caltrops
Firewood
Hammer
Ink
Inkpen
Jug, Clay
Lantern, Hooded
Manacles, MW
Oil, 1 pt flask (x4)
Parchment (5 sheets)
Pot, Iron
Pouch, Belt
Rations (4 Days)
Signet Ring (of the Abbey)
Tent
Vial, ink
Vial, Potion (Cure Light Wounds, x2)
Whetstone

Special Equipment:
Tanglefoot Bag
Tindertwig (x2)
Spare Monk's Outfit
Mule and Pack Saddle

"It is a very generous selection for a mission with this status. However, if there are certain items that you would prefer to have that aren't on the approved list, you are welcome to purchase them. Those, of course, do not need to be returned to the Abbey. What is your preference, Brother Coanacoch and Sister Necahual?"

lostsole31
2012-04-08, 02:44 PM
Coanacoch will borrow a dagger, a kama, 5 shuriken, backpack, bedroll, 4 rations, and a signet ring of the abbey.

He'll actually purchase a belt pouch, 50' silk rope, a water skin, flint & steel, and 2 torches.

zever
2012-04-08, 03:29 PM
Han Li smiles warmly to the others. Ok, I guess I can take a hint, I will take up the role of spokesperson..

PSinger
2012-04-08, 05:38 PM
Necahual will purchasebelt pouch, 50' silk rope, flint & steel, waterskin
She will requisitiondagger, sling, quarterstaff, backpack, bedroll, rations x4, hooded lantern, oil flasks x4, potion cure light wounds x2
I recommend we requisition items as a group. That we get a mule with firewood, some tools, and a tent or two. Some writing implements. And these items would be a group item rather than any of us writing it down specifically on our sheets?

lostsole31
2012-04-08, 05:48 PM
Wow, totally missed that. Yeah, 2 CLW potions for Coanacoch. And, yes, I understand they are returned if unused.

Also, basic all-use supplies on a pack mule is a good idea. Better than crazy bookkeeping on the minutiae.

inexorabletruth
2012-04-10, 01:35 AM
Rassaphore Godwin opens the storage room door and scurries about quickly to fulfill your requests, revealing meticulously organized shelves full of items from the mundane to the exotic, as well as some things you don't even recognize. He arranges everything you requested in neat piles in front of you and hastily calculates a total.

"Brother Coanachoch, that will be GP 112.04 for you. And Sister Necahual, I believe that will be GP 12.02 for you. Is there anything else that you should require?" He bows politely, awaiting payment.

lostsole31
2012-04-10, 02:16 AM
Coanacoch bows and says, "Thank you, Rassaphore. Hopefully, we won't even need to use the majority of this, but it's better to be prepared for the unexpected."

inexorabletruth
2012-04-10, 02:33 AM
"You're welcome, brother. May the gods bring you safely home when your mission is over."

PSinger
2012-04-10, 03:17 PM
Necahual bows politely to the Rassaphore.

odigity
2012-04-10, 03:55 PM
Ulyono is at the gate awaiting everyone's arrival so we can go, and is doing stretches in the meantime.

Man on Fire
2012-04-10, 04:15 PM
Vir-Sashi also awaits everyone at the gates and seems to be thinking about something. He's happy to have a chance to prove himself and to travel alongside his outstanding coleagues, but at the same time, leaving the Abbey feels like leaving home - it's something he never really experienced before, even when his former masters abbandoned him. He will, how they say it...miss this place.

inexorabletruth
2012-04-10, 04:35 PM
Midday is swiftly approaching... the time for Monks to come out of their studies, training, or even the mines, as the Abbey's founder, Grandmaster Fargrim did long ago, to enjoy a time of respite in solitude or with peers. Students and teachers alike begin filtering out of the structure and spilling onto the courtyard and training grounds.

Some monks begin to spar each other in friendly competition, showing off their newest techniques. While others engage in debates on ethics or philosophy. Some, sit quietly, unpack their lunches and eat alone. Some children begin to play in the fields in front of the statue of the Flame Hand. The main throng will arrive in about a half an hour.

Azoth
2012-04-11, 06:39 PM
Li requisitions 2 potions of cure light wounds, and buys 2 more.

When everyone is ready he lets out a small breath and begins to walk off in the direction of their mission.
"Guess we should head out before it gets too dark. Not all of us can see in the dark, and the last thing we need is an angry drawf calling us lazy. My toothbrush isn't meant for cleaning privvies...how about you guys'?"

lostsole31
2012-04-11, 06:50 PM
Yup, heading out ...

Man on Fire
2012-04-11, 07:30 PM
"Yes, let's go. To bad that we cannot just do like Master Tendou used to say - drop our heavy luggage and enjoy walking with out hands empty." Said Vir-Sashi, reffering to the monastery's cook, nice man he really liked and not only for his delicious meals.

PSinger
2012-04-11, 08:12 PM
I take it that as a group we took out a mule, pack, a tent or two, and other general tools and the like?
Necahual nods her head and sets off with the others.

zever
2012-04-12, 12:23 AM
Han turns around and waves goodbye to some of the other monks he knew who came out to lunch. He then quickly follows the others outside.

inexorabletruth
2012-04-12, 08:19 PM
Several of Han's friends smile and bow back to him, and the children wave wildly and loudly request that the group hurry back from their mission.

The snow-peaked hills envelop you as you travel along the defrosting path that wind its way northward to Cliffside Vale. Tiny streams of crystalline water seep onto the road, making the path muddy and cool, but the sun dominates the chill below with a golden radiance that coats your head and shoulders like a cloak. Life buds all about you, full of springtime glory. Stringy squirrels shake the sleep from their atrophied muscles, hop out of hiding, and begin foraging for their first taste of delicious seeds and nuts. Deer lap vigorously at the the icy streams before bounding off at the *slock, slock* sound of your arrival. Deep inside the milieu of oak and pine, you hear the agitated chirping of thrush and sparrow as they argue over matters of territory. Even the occasional band of rogue sheep cross your path, only to stop in the middle of the way as if expecting you to go around. But like a tide of fluff, they recede and break rank at your presence, bleating at your insolence incredulously.

The westering sky explodes into a kaleidoscope of colors as the sun descends to douse itself in the cool of the last remnants of frost tipping the hills. You reach a bridge that spans a deepening river above you, where a group has gathered around a campfire in the middle of the road. High above the surrounding trees, two strange four-winged birds of blue and gold plumage circle concentrically above the location of the fire.

You will lose daylight in roughly half an hour. The river roars angrily and drowns out all other sounds, but you get the impression that the individuals around the fireplace are quite inebriated and either do not notice your approach, or do not care that you're approaching. You are between 300 and 400 feet from the bridge.

lostsole31
2012-04-12, 08:27 PM
Coanacoch doesn't mind continuing with the mule ...

Azoth
2012-04-12, 09:52 PM
'Li stops and lets out a light sigh as he was enjoying the wilderness and relatively good company. He looks to the others and lets out a short breath.
"So... any bets on whether or not they are friendly? I don't think it a great idea to disturb drunkards or bed with them in either case. No telling if they might fancy us a bit like their little brothers and try for a rear ended embrace even if they have to wrestle for it first. You remember the sheep a ways back...probably running from these yolks for the safety of their nethers more than their wool."

He draws his bow slowly and begins to move softly off of the road.
"If you would be so kind as to give me about five minutes though, I can see what their purpose is and maybe even find a route to avoid them without being seen. Unless,...One of you has a different idea in mind."

PSinger
2012-04-13, 12:18 AM
Necahual listens to Li's entire rape-based monolog ... less impressed with his desire to dressage the message than with the possibility itself.

She simply nods when he mentions heading off to scout.

zever
2012-04-13, 12:45 AM
Han looks a bit concerned about the fact that Li already draws his bow without what seems to Han to be a good motive and also about what he is telling. This was not the sort of talk he was used to and he didn't like weapons anyway. Well, you can check if you want, but please be careful with that weapon, we don't want to cause any unnecessary trouble.

lostsole31
2012-04-13, 01:22 AM
Coanacoch says, "Why? We are supposed to be ambassadors of the monastery. Let's act like it instead of skulking around the countryside mistrusting folks. Just because they're drunk doesn't make them bad men."

Azoth
2012-04-13, 05:53 AM
Li stopped for a moment to look at Coana, "We are ambassadors, yes, but fools no. Trusting everyone is how you get a face like mine or end up dead."His tone was flat but held an edge to discourage followup questions.

He then set off to investigate the group ahead.

Hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]
Double move actions so I move 40ft a round.

Man on Fire
2012-04-13, 08:05 AM
Vir-Sashi nods at Li's words.Be careful brother. If you won't come back in ten minutes, I shall follow you."

inexorabletruth
2012-04-13, 11:47 AM
Li stalks ever closer to the gathered men, more floating than walking, as he picks his path amongst the the rare patches of stone and dry ground. The roar of the river washes away most of the noise of the gathered group, but you get close enough to make out patches of sentences amongst their indecipherable slurs and drunken revelry. Phrases that carry on the air clearly enough are, "pretty good'day, boys" and "d'ja see th'looksh on .... facshes?" as well as some raucous laughter and lewd, but clearly playful insults. The one sitting closest to the bridge gets up awkwardly and mumbles something about "making his own river" and staggers over to a nearby tree, while sing-mumbling a jaunty tune about being "seldom sober."

As he crosses into Li's side of the thicket, you can see more clearly that the man is half-orc, and even his drunken slouch and heavy cloak do little to hide his impressive height and corded muscles.

"Iiiii'ma ro-over 'f'aiiii d'greee!" bursts from his throat as he crashes heavily into a tree. He pulls himself to a stand with a wheezy laugh and proceeds to "take care of business" right there. Swaying like a weed in the breeze while humming off key.

Azoth
2012-04-13, 04:26 PM
One of the last things Li wanted to be privy to was a drunken half-orc using the privy. He stayed quiet though with the bow low and out of the way for the moment. They seemed harmless for the moment even drunk. To try and be sure he linger a moment longer trying to survey their camp to determin their provisions and equipment hoping it would give insight to their purpose.

Spot [roll0]

odigity
2012-04-13, 11:18 PM
Ulyono whispers to the group: "I see the sense in stealth against a foe one is no match for, but otherwise we should not hesitate to interact with them. Either they mean no harm, or they do, in which case it is better they attempt that harm on us than on someone else less equipped to defend against it."

inexorabletruth
2012-04-14, 01:54 AM
The half-orc... puts everything away :smallredface: ... and starts heading back to the camp. "Ish whennn I'm jrinnnkin' umallllways thinnnnkin' how t'gain," he concludes his tune with a wet sounding burp as one of the other campers throws a rock at him.

"Shut yer yap, Thursk, er' I'll knock yer jaw off!" The half-orc, presumably named Thursk, eyes the heckler menacingly.

"Comin' try it, and you'll get a boot to the yarbulls!"

"Good luck with a try at that!" Laughs one of the revelers. The heckler sits there quietly, skulking sulking.

Azoth
2012-04-14, 02:47 AM
Li has to fight an urge to nock an arrow and let it fly at what he had seen. Instead, he turned to try and return to the group without being seen or heard. He wanted to meet them head on, but his training was too well ingrained in him to allow it alone.

Hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]

inexorabletruth
2012-04-14, 11:12 AM
Li manages to sneak away quietly, but the member of the group that attempted to quiet Thrusk appears more nervous now, and begins packing his things up.

You can't make out what he's saying over the roar of the river, but it looks like he's giving orders through hushed and agitated tones. It doesn't appear that the rest of the group are ready to listen, however as they continue to jostle around drunkenly and laugh.

PSinger
2012-04-14, 02:48 PM
"I'm done toying around," says Necahual, and she resumes walking down the path.

odigity
2012-04-14, 02:49 PM
Ulyono whispers: "I am the most non-threatening member of the group, being small and carrying no weapons. If I present myself and they attack, we will know their intentions and can respond accordingly. Shall I put them to the test?"

I have great AC, init, and can turn invisible. I'm not good offensively, but I should be able to avoid their initial attacks safely.

zever
2012-04-14, 03:12 PM
Han is a bit confused about what to do now. He knows they have to work as a team, so he tries to indicate to Li to quickly join them while he advances with Necahual towards the fire.

inexorabletruth
2012-04-14, 03:43 PM
As you approach the group near the campfire, you see the one packing up is the first to notice you. He curses through hissed teeth and draws his short sword.

Thrusk, back turned to the monks, tenses a bit in surprise, thinking that a fight might actually begin between between him and the jumpy heckler. "Ya' think y' c'n poke me with that knife, love? You'll have t' get closer 'n that!" He spreads his arms wide in an over-confident gesture. His feet are spread wide in a strong stance, eagerly awaiting the fight to come.

"At yer back, you dolt!" The sword-wielder hisses. The rest of the group looks past Thrusk as well, comprehension sinking in a bit slower. Another one of the campers begins rummaging for his weapons, staggering toward a wobbly stand, leaving three more still bracing the ground for stability while they try to make sense of what's going on.

"HA! Drunk, I me' be, but not s' drunk fer that old trick! So's t'be two 'gains one, then! Knew, ya' wouldn' share yer winnin's with an orc-blooded. Come then! Let Chopper have a taste o'ya." He pulls his axe from his belt and staggers a step forward.

Man on Fire
2012-04-14, 04:21 PM
Vir-Sashi decides it's now time to observe and stay quiet. A group of what can as well be a bandits or poor adventurers (master Qui always preffered to call them "murderhobos" for some reason. He decided to stay close and wait. If the situation will get ugly and life of one of these people will be threatened, he will then enter the battle. Unless they shall attack them, of course, in which case he will have to defend his friends. That's how a true Friend of Justice would act, at least Vir-Sashi thinks so.

Azoth
2012-04-14, 04:58 PM
'Li curses silently in his head. He had no time to report his information before the group started waltzing right up to the group and sighed heavily. This bunch was going to get him killed and he knew it. As weapons were drawn, he remembered he was still holding his bow and decided to hang back off the front lines in case the birds joined in.

He took a deep breath before speaking. "If they attack, the one in the heavy cloak is hinding something monstrous under it. Be careful."

Standard action spend 1pp to manifest Inertial Armor

zever
2012-04-15, 04:21 AM
The moment Han saw the drunks, he sighs. There is no honor in taking these drunks out, and we are still not sure about their motives he thinks. He steps in front empty handed and tries to eye the one who saw them first. Sir, I don't know why you are taking your weapons so quickly, but there is no reason for us to fight, and from the state your brothers are in, I don't think they are in a state to fight either. We are just passing through here on a mission for the monastery. We don't mean you any harm but we will defend ourselves when necessary.

Saying he doesn't want to fight, doesn't mean he is careless, and he prepares to act as soon as they will advance with their weapons.
Prepare action: Invisible fist

inexorabletruth
2012-04-15, 12:30 PM
Thrusk, a little startled by your arrival, snorts and turns about with a "Meh?"

The others on the ground have struggled to a stand, but haven't readied weapons yet. They look to the one brandishing a short sword and then back to the assembly of Monks.

The one holding the short sword hears Han Chun Li's offer and appears to relax his stance some, though he tucks his left arm swiftly under his cloak. "So... you just... want to pass through?" He gestures with his sword to the bridge.

Thrusk lowers his axe some and takes a step back, acting somewhat like a cornered animal. He clearly is not at all pleased by the sight of five monks at his back. He peers into the trees looking for signs of the disembodied voice talking about his cloak.

PSinger
2012-04-15, 01:06 PM
Necahual looks at the one with the short sword that is going for something with the other hand. "Our desire is irrelevant. We are crossing that bridge. And to cut any attempt off at the pass ... no, we're not paying 'toll' to anyone either .... just in case you were going to ask."

inexorabletruth
2012-04-15, 03:32 PM
The cloaked sword-wielder bristles a bit at Necahual's aggressive tone, but his smile remains intact.

Necahual:
Please roll an Intimidate check.

Thrusk is clearly not enjoying the fact that Necahual is getting closer. He crouches to a ready stance, fear oozing from him in beads of alcoholic sweat. He appears to be more ready to run than fight now, but does not take his eyes off the woman monk.

zever
2012-04-16, 02:26 AM
Han advances together with Necahual.
What she is trying to say is that we really need to cross that bridge, and we seriously hope you will not make any trouble out of that.

He tries to read of their intentions from their actions / the way they speak.
Sense motive:
[roll0]

inexorabletruth
2012-04-16, 01:10 PM
The leader shifts his eyes from the brash female, to the more diplomatic male, unsure of who demands more of his attention. "I can see that you are monks from the Abbey. We've no quarrel with the Flame," he says, dipping in a half-bow half-nod. "Carry on, then. We were just leaving." He turns to the others standing around the fire and hisses through clenched teeth. "Pack it up, swine! It's time we got home."

The group, shaking the drunkenness from their heads and sobering up fast from the tenseness of the moment make open, deliberate gestures to gather their weapons and supplies.

Han Chun Li:
In their current state, they're struggling with subtlety. However, it is obvious by their actions that they're trying to hide something.

One of the cloaked men in the back rummages around more desperately, patting the ground as if he lost something. "Hey! My share! Where'd it go?!"

"Quiet Gib! Shut your mouth!" the leader snaps harshly, glaring at him with burning eyes.

"Easy for you to say. You've got yours," the former grumbles.

Another of the men starts looking frantically. "Mine's gone too!"

"I said shut it! All of you!" He looks back at the monks and smiles broadly, "Long day, is all, and too much to drink. We'll be out of your way shortly."

Thrusk turns and runs north at full tilt. Those who are standing, suddenly comprehending the half-orcs actions, make chase charging northward in pursuit with angry shouts of protest and leaving the leader and one other alone at the campfire.

Map
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50887717/Monk%20PbP/Battle%20Grid/BattleGrid.jpg

The leader, nervous before, now utterly unnerved at how quickly he was abandoned, curses his luck and grabs his compatriot, pulling him to a stand. "Leave it! Let's go!" He says.

PSinger
2012-04-16, 01:15 PM
The half-orcs are acting quite suspicious, but it doesn't matter. Until they flatly prove - not suggest - that they've done wrongdoing, then us chasing them down, beating them up, and seeing what they have makes us bandits .... even if they stole from someone else. :smallsigh:

Necahual says as much to the others to move on. "Their quarrel is their own."

zever
2012-04-16, 01:22 PM
Han nods agreeingly to Necahual and starts walking towards the fire.

Unless something spectacular happens in the meantime, I walk to L13

lostsole31
2012-04-16, 01:38 PM
Coanacoch follows his sister and guides the mule.

Man on Fire
2012-04-16, 01:54 PM
Vir-Sashi ponders for a moment, then looks at his brothers, then moves towars the leader of that group (J9).

What was this all about? It looks to me like you have something you don't want us to know about. Why?" He asks, completely obvious to the fact that his cloak has slipped when he ran towards the man, so he saw him, in all his ugliness, running at him from the darkness.

Roll to intimidate the guy.
[roll0]

Azoth
2012-04-16, 04:42 PM
Li smirks and knew he shouldnhave let an arrow fly already, but at least now it did not seem likely their blood would be shed this day. He continued to move quietly through the brush in case his brothers from the abbey needed him.

Hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]
Taking a double move at half speed to reach L6

inexorabletruth
2012-04-16, 07:09 PM
Seeing the half-naked broodguard charge at them, the remaining two characters scamper wildly across the perch of their logs and run headlong into the trees, letting branch and bramble slap at their skin and tear at their clothing along the way. Phrases like, "What the hells was that thing?!" and "I don't know! Keep running!" trail behind them and fade into the distance.

Before you reach the campfire, the birds above now seize their opportunity and swoop down upon the remnants of wild pig roasting on the spit. You now have a clearer view of them:

http://images.wikia.com/dungeons/images/e/e7/Arrowhawk.jpg

You see that they are massive, almost as long as a man is tall, with an even longer wingspan. Shunned by the waves of heat coming off the cracking fire, they hover just above the meat for a moment, shrieking at it in anger, and then fly away, most likely looking for a bite with less burn.

180 XP Each
20 RPXP to Li for the skill challenge and amusing banter
10 RPXP to Vir-Sashi for the hilarious imagery
20 RPXP to Necahual for the bold leadership
10 RPXP to Han for being the soft center in that ego-oreo.

PSinger
2012-04-16, 08:24 PM
Necahual makes no move to liberate the meat. To her, this was the half-orc's camp and our group chased them off. Just because they left in fear, it was not their fault, and Necahual will not steal it. Nor, however, will she do anything to keep it from burning on the spit. She continues forward, extolling her brother to move forward with the mule.

lostsole31
2012-04-16, 08:47 PM
Coanacoch sees and smells the roasting game, and then sighs and guides the mule, following his sister.

Man on Fire
2012-04-16, 09:00 PM
"I didn't wanted to scare them. How can I become a Friend of Justice, if everybody is afraid of me?" Vir-Sashi starts mumbling to himself.

"Beware, these birds may come back." He says to his companions. He realizes that on some lever he wishes them to come back, so he can fight them and prove himself to be a Friend of Justice. But he immiediately gets mad at himself. True Friend of Justice wouldn't wish for danger to threaten his friends so he can prove his worth.

lostsole31
2012-04-16, 09:04 PM
"It's okay," says Coanacoch consolingly to Versace. "Being a Friend to Justice isn't about hoping injustice occurs, but being there when called upon ... and yet hoping that there will be no need."

inexorabletruth
2012-04-16, 09:39 PM
As the sun begins to set, weariness from a hard day's travel through mud and snow give weight to your legs and eyelids.

You reach a temple of Fharlanghn,... more a bench and a campsite with an idol of the crescent moon on the horizon nailed into a tiny, weatherworn canopy over the bench, than any real place of worship, but you know it as a common rest spot for traveling merchants and free spirited adventurers. It is a place of truce among civilized beings, where the greedy thief can rest for the night less than 20' from a paladin without fear of being taken in for a bounty, nor does the paladin have to watch his purse so closely.

From this point, you can trudge on through the night, and likely reach your destination at dawn, or you can rest here and make it to Cliffside by midday.

lostsole31
2012-04-16, 11:13 PM
Coanacoch hasn't enjoyed a good campout in awhile, so he's interested in staying here. No need to go into town and make a first impression looking like hammered doggy-doo.

Azoth
2012-04-16, 11:18 PM
Li emerged from the bushes and was tempted by the game. A fresh meal and one they happenen upon without a fight would be nice, but he doesn't wish to fall behind the others. He jogs to catch up with them for their walk.

When they near the tentple he lets out a soft sigh of relief. While they could all survive the night and make it their with little harm to themselves, a rest sounds good.

"I say we rest. No sense showing up tired or scaring them at an ungodly hour. We would all be best served with a good rest and a meal. Here we will be safe enough for a night."

PSinger
2012-04-16, 11:46 PM
Necahual is more than ready to press through the night, but knows that her brother is not nearly as resilient as she, so she quietly relents and says nothing. She nods to him, and then Li, as they mention camping, and starts to help to set up one of the two tents.

zever
2012-04-17, 12:41 AM
Han is visibly relieved when they reach the temple. After 9 years at the abbey, he wasn't used to these long treks. So, from the moment someone mentions camping, he agrees and eagerly helps set up the tents.

Man on Fire
2012-04-17, 09:17 AM
Vir-Sashi nods to his companions. He too, is tired and wants to sleep. And try to forget about his recent humilation.

lostsole31
2012-04-17, 12:08 PM
Coanacoch will take the first watch, in case there are bandits about.

inexorabletruth
2012-04-17, 12:54 PM
Lost internet and got ninja'd, but oh well... I already typed it out:

Rest Area Picture (don't know how to resize images yet):
http://www.parfaitimage.com/Images/On_The_Trail/Jordan_HS/Campsite_VIII-1978.jpg

Winter has taken it's toll on the camp site, but it's serviceable for the immediate task. You notice that you weren't the first to arrive today, and some group of traveling merchants have nailed a bit of vellum to the sign post warning of highwaymen at the bridge. Next to it is an old pole with twine and hook attached to it resting below a faded and cracked wooden sign in common, which reads, "For the hungry traveller. Please leave this for the next visitor before you leave."

After clearing out the clutter and setting up the tents, you find that the cold mist of night has quenched the warmth of the sun. The moon is bright and full above you and the stars shine like the eyes of angels. A chill wind tickles the hairs of your nape and brings with it a damp smell of spring. The birds have stopped their song, but secretive crickets take their turn in the song of the land. You can also hear the tinkling sound of a nearby brook. By your map, that means you must be near Diamond Creek, made famous for the occasional gemstone that washes out from underground springs into it. Though the occurrence of such a thing is rare, tales of panhandlers trying their luck in the region and making it rich have made this quaint spot a local tourist attraction during the summer months.

If you wish to do anything (explore, hunt, fish, chat, set up traps, whatever) before going to sleep, now is your chance.

Man on Fire
2012-04-17, 02:25 PM
"Maybe we should catch fish for supper? Or at least try?"

lostsole31
2012-04-17, 06:20 PM
Coanacoch will go fishing with Vir'.

PSinger
2012-04-17, 10:08 PM
Necahual is fine with them fishing. She'll finish setting up camp with the others and watching the camp. She'll take a midwatch later on.

Azoth
2012-04-17, 10:28 PM
Li drops off his gear and begings to mark a perimiter for their area at the camp tying off bells in the candle whick at dispersed intervals. He makes sure to tie the whick low to the ground to avoid it being seen easily. That way the watch will be allerted to sound of unaware approachers should they get near.

inexorabletruth
2012-04-18, 01:47 AM
Vir-Sashi and Coanacoch make it to the stream with the fishing pole in tow after finding some nice juicy worms to help in their quest.

The swollen waters of the thawing stream rush eagerly along its meandering path. A nervous hedgehog scurries away at the sight of your arrival grunting in dismay, as do a small family of deer. Several squirrels chatter at you angrily from their high perch and cast angry glares at you as they spiral their way up their massive tree-homes. Up the river you can see a scrawny bear batting away at the waters, growling its frustration. You see that several fish are making their way to their spawning grounds, and know that the bear will soon be rewarded for his efforts.

The fish look like this (if anyone knows how to use HTML to resize these images, please tell me):
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f9/Salvelinus_fontinalis.jpg

A crude, tiny bench rests at the edge of the river.

lostsole31
2012-04-18, 02:04 AM
Coanacoch will hand the fishing pole to D&G, and then move a little further upstream. They have food at camp if needed, and it isn't pride so much as training for himself, but Coanacoch finds a spot where he can brace against rocks just out a little so as not to be swept away.

He calms his mind, in turn calming his body. Waiting for the chattering chill of his legs to subside. Very, very slowly he lowers his torso very parallel to the water. His right elbow raises high above his back, bent so that a striking cobra-claw fist is ready to zip in and grab a fish.Don't know how you want to run this .... either as a Survival check fluffed to be more monastic than fisherman-fishy, or what-have-you. Considering the glut of fish - if I understood that correctly - he might get lucky just because of the numbers.

zever
2012-04-18, 04:38 AM
After helping setting up the tents, Han will start searching for some dry wood to create a fire.

Man on Fire
2012-04-18, 12:19 PM
Vir-Sashi observes Coanacoch for a while and decides to try to emulate him. He goes int othe water, but a little bit futher away from the bear. He observes his commrade for a moment, then tries to repeat his movements.

Azoth
2012-04-18, 04:29 PM
Li, once finished with his perimiter alarm dusts his hands off and starts grabbing rocks to line their future fire pit with to help prepair for the return of the others and hopefully a dinner that doesn't consist of their trail rations.

PSinger
2012-04-18, 07:45 PM
The perimeter alarm goes off with bells ringing all around, the sound of a heavy body "whump"-ing on the ground, and finally the sounds of a woman cursing.

A few seconds later, Necahual storms into camp with a light bruise on the sider of her forehead and tosses a wadded, long cut section of twine and a small bell or two onto the fire.

It seems no one told her that there was an alarm system ....

odigity
2012-04-18, 08:41 PM
Ulyono sighs. "The highwaymen the sign speaks of probably refers to that band of half-orcs we encountered, doesn't it? It is difficult to accept the possibility that they will cause harm to others because of our inaction, but I suppose there was nothing more we could rightly do."

Ulyono offers to see to preparing the evening meal.

1d20+6
Finally got to make my first die roll :)

inexorabletruth
2012-04-18, 09:49 PM
@ Coanachoch & Vir-Sashi :smalleek:
Roll a grapple check. While you're at it, roll a Concentration check. Those waters are cold, but add +2 to your Concentration since you are meditating.

@ Han
Roll a Survival Check and a Spot Check

odigity
2012-04-18, 11:11 PM
Try 2.

1d20+6

odigity
2012-04-18, 11:15 PM
Last time.

[roll0]

inexorabletruth
2012-04-19, 01:51 AM
@ Coanacoch: The chill of the water brings numbness to your limbs, and your teeth chatter spasmodically as you slap bluntly into the frigid stream. Unfortunately it's chilling currents proved to be too much of a distraction for you, and the fish scatter wildly at the startling act, but regain their frenzied swim as the ripples of your impact subside.

You see ahead that the bear is having a bit more luck than you and will be lumbering home with a very full belly. With a playful growl he slaps another fish high into the air and onto the river bank.

If you intend to try again, I'd like you to roll your first Fort Save vs. Cold weather before you do.

@ Li: The thaw has wrecked your hopes of finding decent dry wood, but you manage to rummage together enough kindling and small twigs to set a blaze that may dry out some of the wet logs you've gathered. However, in your efforts, you manage to find a nest of eggs on a low hanging branch, as well as a rabbit hole. You also manage to find several common edible roots and mushrooms. You also come across a torn heavy green cloak with fine silver embroidering on it. It's still usable, if not a bit filthy and tattered.

Soon the mist coats the ground too thickly to make out many more details in the dark. The woods go quiet except for the sound of the occasional coyote yipping at the moon, and the haunting song of nocturnal birds.

zever
2012-04-19, 02:10 AM
Han is happy to return with the little dry wood he found. He also brought with him some mushrooms and edible roots which can be used for dinner together with the fish he was hoping for. He leaves the eggs and the rabbithole alone.

When he arrives at the cloak, he stands still for a moment considering. Not that he is interested in the cloak per se, since he would never wear anything with superfluous luxury on it, but he is more wondering if it would do well in the fire.
In the end he decides to take it with him to try this out. Stumbling through the mist, he then tries to find his way back to the camp.

lostsole31
2012-04-19, 04:15 AM
Coanacoch wants to please his sister and friends with his prowess, so he tries again.
Fort save vs Cold [roll0]
Grapple [roll1]

Man on Fire
2012-04-19, 06:38 AM
Concentration:
Grapple: proll]1d20+9

Man on Fire
2012-04-19, 06:39 AM
Grapple again: [roll0]

Azoth
2012-04-19, 04:43 PM
Li heard the bells and instantly was at attention drawing his bow and waiting for a clear shot. When he saw it was Necha he began to laugh and lowered the bow.
"Sorry abot that, but atleast we now it works now."
When he sees he throw his bells into the fire he sets an evil glare at her and moves towards the fire hoping to use a stick to get the bells out.
"The whick I don't mind burning so much as my bells. I only have a few of them and they are more expensive to replace if they break. Please don't do that again."

inexorabletruth
2012-04-19, 07:12 PM
@ Vir-Sashi:
Focusing inward, you envision a perfect line from your hand to your target. Patience and fight back the urge to shiver, you breathe deeply, pause, then strike instantly like a coiled viper and retract just as swiftly with a fat, wriggling fish in your clawed hand. It flops wildly trying to escape your grasp and almost slips loose once. You have a tenuous grasp on the tail fin of the fish at the moment.

You are holding this fish for the equivalent of one round. Please roll a Fort Save vs. Cold

@ Coanacoch:
The cold thickens the blood in your veins and the chill makes it painfully hard to focus. Gritting your teeth through the effort you jab your hands into the frosty, clear water. As you strike, you manage to just tap a fish on the head, knocking it toward the base of the river. It races past you, fear granting it the power of haste.

You take 1 point of non-lethal CON damage every hour until you warm up. Fort Save negates. You're welcome to try again.

The bear has now left with his rewards, happy to return to the warmth of his cave. Night has fallen and the mist gathers around the river in a thickening fog, making it difficult to see beyond the reach of the bench. Coanacoch and Vir-Sashi can still see up and down the river clearly enough to tell that the frenzy of fish are starting to thin out.

Man on Fire
2012-04-19, 08:00 PM
"I caught something!" Broodguard yelled in excitement. He started to feel coldness of the water but tried as hard he can to fight it off. He picks up a fish and holds it in both hands, as he stats moving towards the riverside.

[roll0]

inexorabletruth
2012-04-20, 01:09 AM
Shrugging off the cold, Vir-Sashi splashes back towards the bank of the stream with his prize in hand. The fish, flapping violently to free itself from the reptilian grasp, squirts out high into the air. Vir-Sashi flails at it wildly, trying to re-grasp it and at least manages to knock it safely onto land, where it can be more easily dealt with.

Still in the water, Coanacoch, grits his teeth through the agonizing chill, and swats again at the thinning crowd of fish. Darting in with numb fingers, he manages to clutch and pull free a large and very startled speckled fish, which thrashes like a thing gone mad and slips free at an unfortunate inward swing... clubbing Coanacoch in the neck with a solid feeling -thud-. It ricochets off him and splashes heavily back into the water, leaving Coanacoch positively soaked.

zever
2012-04-20, 01:16 AM
When Han arrives at the campsite, he is surprised to see that a fire is already burning. Now that was quick, I wonder who did that, he thinks.
He also sees Li poking with a stick in the fire. And what is he trying to do?.
He shakes his head in confusion and walks towards Li.
I brought some dry wood with me to keep on the fire, and I also found some roots and mushrooms which maybe brother Ulyono can cook together with the fish. I also found this which will keep the fire on for a while I think. When he utters this last sentence, he shows the cloak he found in the forest.

Man on Fire
2012-04-20, 07:17 AM
Vir-Sashin jumps from the water and kicks the fish futher away from it, then tries to catch it again and smash it's head by smacking it on the ground.

I assume that will be Grapple again, right?
[roll0]

inexorabletruth
2012-04-20, 12:27 PM
You get a firm grasp on the fish, but as you swing it to bang it against the rocks, it squirts out of your hand again- this time landing a few feet in front of you. However, it has quit it's flopping at last.

The fish failed the bajeezus out of its save vs. drowning. It is now unconscious. :smallsmile:

Man on Fire
2012-04-20, 02:23 PM
"I think it's dead. We have our food." proclaims Vir-Sashi and carries the fish to the campsite. Giving it to the others, he runs to catch another, grinning happily - it's so much fun being useful.

Azoth
2012-04-20, 04:33 PM
Once Li finishes retrieving his bells from the fire, he sets off grumbling to reattach them into his makeshift perimeter alarm. A soft sigh escaping his lips the entire time he trudges about. Hopefully this time no one decides to cut up his alarm system.

lostsole31
2012-04-20, 05:35 PM
Freezing with his teeth chattering, Coanacoch will return to the camp to warm himself in his bedroll (or a fire, if there is one).

Man on Fire
2012-04-20, 06:42 PM
"Will one fish be enough? Conacoch, are you okay? The water was very cold." Worried Broodguard asks his friend. After saying that he realizes that he too, is freezing and decides that yes, one fish is enough and goes with Conacoch to warm himself.

lostsole31
2012-04-20, 11:30 PM
"W-we h-h-have r-rations," says Coanach philosophically.

odigity
2012-04-21, 04:35 PM
"Mushrooms!" Ulyono exclaims excitedly, and rushes to Han to retrieve them. There seems to be a great deal of chaos in the ranks at the moment, and he knows from experience that a good meal can lift the spirits.

Cooking - BY HAND: 13

PSinger
2012-04-22, 02:09 AM
Necahual scolds her little brother for nearly killing himself in the river when he doesn't even have a clue how to fish ... which only makes her more upset when he describes HOW he tried to fish.

Still, she plops him in front of the fire and begins to vigorously rub down his legs to get the blood flowing in them.
Untrained Heal check [roll0]

Just looking to increase recovery time (or amount).

I'm NOT looking for every person in the camp to try to start testing out their Heal checks or Aiding.... that's game-y. He's not badly hurt, so let her do her angry-sister-really-dotes thing on her dumb brother.

inexorabletruth
2012-04-23, 04:22 AM
Ulyono remembers an old recipe of seared fish with mushrooms that would be perfect for lifting dampened spirits and warming chilled bones. Gathering the herbs and mushrooms from Han Chun Li, he sets up shop over the fire. The smell of seared fish and sauteed mushrooms brings about a sense of home-cooking that causes the stomachs of even the more ascetic members of the party to gurgle and growl.

After nearly an hour has passed, he presents your meal to you:
http://www.fatburningfurnace.com/images/foods%20high%20in%20vitamin%20D_fish%20and%20mushr ooms.jpg

It's as delicious as it is filling, and the weary group, exhausted from the day, eat quickly in silence before turning in for the night. The fire begins to burn low, and the morning sun will break the horizon in a little over 8 hours as the group turns in for the night.

During the second watch, your donkey and your pidgeon become decidedly nervous a second before Necahual becomes aware of the faint tinkling of a lone bell...

PSinger
2012-04-23, 11:29 AM
Necahual is sure to thank Ulyono for the delicious meal.

Later, in the wee hours of the morning, Necahual's ears perk up. She taps others with her quarterstaff and whispers "Wake up, something's coming into camp and the animals are nervous."

Man on Fire
2012-04-23, 12:03 PM
Vir-Sashi wakes up, listens to his commrade's words and immiediately starts looking around. He remember his days as Yuan-Ti guard, where his job was to look for any threat and now uses what he learned then to see whatever's coming for his friends.

Listen check [roll0]
Spot check [roll1]

inexorabletruth
2012-04-23, 12:23 PM
At the sound of Necahual's warning, Ulyono and Vir-Sashi rise to a wary crouch just in time to see a flash of white fur spring through the campsite and bury the mule in a frenzy of raking claws. The shrieking of the creature mixes eerily with the agonizing shrieks of the mule as both topple to the ground in a heap of fur and hoof, overturning the birdcage. The pigeon within explodes into a hysteria of flapping and fearful chirping.

In the dark, it's tough to make out details, but it is clear that what you are seeing is larger than a man is tall, with short, stocky legs that are raking into the mule, viciously trying to dig in for a firm grapple.

The other's are awake but prone.

Please Roll Initiative

Azoth
2012-04-24, 06:49 AM
Li's eyes dart open just in time to see the mule eat dirt.

Initiative [roll0]

inexorabletruth
2012-04-25, 02:03 AM
Your battle grid:

Please ignore the hazy gray grid and the oddly familiar campfire. The map wouldn't stretch right and unique images are surprisingly hard to come by. You'd think there'd be more campsite maps out there... :smallconfused:

Anyway, all terrain is usable. Have fun!

Azoth
2012-04-25, 02:29 AM
Li rises to his feet instantly awake at the noises and more than a little annoyed at losing a night's sleep to some mangy beast turning their pack mule into dinner. He would be damned if he was carrying the rest of the provisions in his pack.

He brings himself to focus and stares down the beast while manifesting his armor.
"Hey try and take a bite out of me! Come on! Let's see what ya got for me you cowardly stalker of shadows and eater of asses!"

Move action- stand from prone
Standard action- manifest internail armor AC goes to 20
Free action- taunt the beast into attacking me

lostsole31
2012-04-25, 02:32 AM
Coanacoch stands and tosses a shuriken at the ... thing.
MA: Stand.
FA: Take out shuriken (counts as ammunition for drawing).
SA: Attack [roll0], Damage [roll1]

PSinger
2012-04-25, 02:52 AM
Necahual moves forward 15' and tries to slam whatever this is with her quarterstaff.
MA: Move to E14.
SA: Attack w/ quarterstaff, 2-handed [roll0], Damage [roll1]
EDIT: Necahual Smash!

inexorabletruth
2012-04-25, 02:56 AM
Coanacoch's tiny shuriken thuds into the thick fur of the creature, which when added to the battle cry of Li, becomes enough of a distraction for it to turn its beady gaze toward you. You recognize it as a Dire Weasel from it's wedge shaped, horn rimmed head.

The mule is still alive, but blood drips from the weasel's powerful jaws. You have interrupted its meal, and it seems upset about this.

zever
2012-04-25, 03:52 AM
Han wakes up and sees the carnage. Better protect the mule, but I will not kill this animal, since it is only fighting because of hunger and instincts, I will have to try to scare it away. With the cloak he found in the forest which he was using as a pillow and a stick from the drywood, he tries to make a torch to scare the beast away.

inexorabletruth
2012-04-25, 11:29 AM
Dashing in with a brutal chopping swing, Necahual pounds the tip of her quarterstaff into the side of the dire weasel's head, causing it's eyes to roll senselessly and teeth to shatter and fall out from the brutality of the impact. The dire weasel shakes its head and hisses furiously at Necahual, blood and drool mixing into tiny visceral waterfalls that dribble from it's maw.

Han Chun Li:
Lighting a torch is a full round action, and pulling to a stand is a move action. Since your prone I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you can grab a stick (draw weapon typically) as a free action, but that's still too many actions). I'm going to say the best you could do was move to pull to a stand (with a stick in hand), grab the tattered cloak (move), and begin binding it around the stick (minor?)

The pigeon continues to flap and squawk... as it is quite upset by the recent turn of events.

With furious eyes locked on Necahual, the weasel lunges toward her torso for a rending bite.

Necahual:

Necahual, please roll your AoO
Melee Attack: 15
Grapple: 12
Please roll your opposed grapple if your AoO didn't hit.
Blood Drain: 2 (CON damage)

Man on Fire
2012-04-27, 08:31 AM
Vir-Sashi runs towards the creature to and jumps at it, in an attemp to kick it in the face.

Attack roll: [roll0]
If hit, unarmed strike roll [roll1]

inexorabletruth
2012-04-27, 12:52 PM
The dire weasel lunges in too quickly for Necahual to intercept. But as its gaping maw begins to close in around the hips of the beleaguered woman, she manages to deflect its aim just enough to twist out of the way of the gnashing teeth, and turn its horrifying grin to face Vir-Sashi. The sudden movement throws off Vir-Sashi's aim and causes his lashing foot to glance off the thick hide of the beast's neck.

Necahual:
You didn't receive CON damage, since you were able to break the grapple.

PSinger
2012-04-27, 05:24 PM
Sorry, Inex ... I didn't see the post from two days ago. :smallconfused: Still, not grappled is good. How much damage did she take?

EDIT: Reread the top part ... I remember that. I just don't remember reading the bottom part about an AoO? :smallconfused:

inexorabletruth
2012-04-28, 05:58 AM
Fearing the worst for his friends, Ulyono flies into action. Skipping over the log he was resting behind, he skirts the edge of the campsite, picking his way to a flanking position behind the weasel.

Double Move
Move: to F13
Move: to C12
Took the longer route, no AoOs.

Necahual and Ulyono are now flanking the Weasel

Injured and terrified, the mule pulls to a stand and rears back, clubbing at the dire weasel with it's hoof, slamming the beast in the shoulder, and receiving a painful retaliatory nip on the leg for the effort. Frightened and confused, the mule backs up a step braying incessantly.

Move: Stand
*Weasels AoO: 14
*Weasels DMG: 4
Attack: 22
DMG: 4
Shift to F13

Top of the Round Updated Battle Grid:

Azoth
2012-04-29, 06:21 AM
Li doesn't want to be the last man to the party so he sets to tumble bast the others and get across from Vir. He runs out of steam just shy though. As he would be coming back to his feet Li trys to use the moment to fule a monstrous back kick for the beast.

Tumble to avoid AoO [roll0]
Move to e12
Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

inexorabletruth
2012-04-29, 02:13 PM
Li's blinding speed is too much for the woozy weasel. It traces your movement with its glazing eyes just enough for you to drive your heal into the base of its neck. The weasel falls to the ground, squirming in agony and spurting blood from its nose and mouth.

The dire weasel is now dying.

Combat XP:
150 each
RPXP: For fishing scene and combat combined.
Li: 40 XP
Coanacoch: 30 XP
Vir-Sashi: 30 XP
Necahual: 10 XP
Han Chun Li: 10 XP

Azoth
2012-04-30, 05:16 PM
Li looks to the dying creature with no sense of pity in his eyes. His hand moves the dagger in his belt as he shifts to take a knee. He draws it slowly as to not startle anyone. If no one tries to physically stop him, he will begin to carefully carve the animals pelt including claws and fangs from its body. If their is enough time before dawn he would them move on to removing muscle from bone. Intending to take as much of the animal with him in the morning as he can.

Man on Fire
2012-04-30, 05:33 PM
Vir-Sashi bows his head and makes quiet prayer for the beast. It wanted to eat their donkey, sure, but it wasn't out of ill will for them, that's just how the instinct told it to.
He took a knee next to Li, before he even started and closed beasts eyes.
"We're sorry for killing you. We try to pay off by making as goo use of your body as we can." He says, then allows Li do what he wantes. It would be cruel to just throw away creature's life like nothing. By taking as much of it's remmants as they can, they'll remember it everytime they shall put them to use and by eating it's meat they will let it live in them.
"Do you need help?" He asks Li. Wise man said that a knife can only bring happiness when used in cooking. Maybe the same was for his clawed hands?

Azoth
2012-04-30, 06:50 PM
Li looked to Vir wish a faint smile. His tone soft, "Of course Vir-Sashi. Try to be delicate with the creature until we have its skin removed. It is of better use the more complete it is when we remove it. When we move beyond that delicacy isn't as important except around the organs, so they don't rupture and spoil the meat. I would like to share an honor with you when we are done. If you would, we can share its heart. Some believe that eating a creatures heart helps make you one with it, and will make you stronger by emparting some of its strength into you."

zever
2012-05-01, 04:28 AM
When Han Chun Li turns around from the fire with his newly made torch, he saw the massacre that had happened. He was too late to scare the weasel away, and this saddened him. In the light of his torch, he sees how Li and Vir-Sashi were literally picking apart every part of the weasel. He turns away from that since he absolutely doesn't want any part in that. Instead, he turns to their mule, and even though he isn't very knowledgeable in animals, he tried to perceive how bad their loyal carrier was hurt.

inexorabletruth
2012-05-01, 10:49 AM
Your mule appears weakened and a bit anemic. His eyes are wide and he his braying in fear. His head is up high and moving around frantically as if looking for a place to run and his tail is clamped tight between his legs.

Trails of blood are running from his left shoulder where the weasel bit him, and there are several scratches along his side and belly, though these appear to be only flesh wounds.

You believe that the mule will live, but he will need to be calmed down before his braying attracts every predator in a 2 mile radius.

PSinger
2012-05-01, 06:53 PM
Coanacoch, from a culture that eats certain organs of fallen animals, says, "I only hurt it a little with my shuriken, but I would like a small share of the heart as well."

zever
2012-05-02, 12:39 AM
Seeing the state of the mule. Han Chun Li tries to calm it by talking to it softly and slowly: It's okay, calm now, everything is allright..
He also pats and rubs it on its good shoulder and the neck. Hush now, everything will be OK..

I don't know if I can/have to do this but I will put this here anyway:
Untrained Handle Animal Check: [roll0]

inexorabletruth
2012-05-02, 12:46 AM
It takes a long while to soothe the mule and he nips at you a couple of times. But the mule is well trained and content to follow his masters' orders. After a few minutes have passed the mule calms down, lowers its head some and relaxes its stance. The wound has stopped it's bleeding, but his leg is soaked in the blood.

zever
2012-05-02, 02:16 AM
Han struggles with the mule and almost gets his ear bitten off by it, but after what felt like a very long time, he succeeds in calming it, and he lets out a sigh of relief. I'm gonna take him to the river to let him drink somewhat and get him cleaned up a bit., he says to the others. Lighting his path with his self-made torch in the one hand and leading the mule in his other hand he then walks slowly to the river.

inexorabletruth
2012-05-02, 02:41 AM
@ Han Chun Li: It's very dark near the river and the mist is heavy enough there to have turned into a fog, but you manage to pick your way to it's edge nonetheless. You find the area near the old bench where Necahual and Vir-shashi caught your dinner. The pole is still resting by the bench. It's quiet and quite peaceful here. The whooshing sound of water and the chirping of crickets are the only sounds that break the silence. You can see the highlights of the eyes of small woodland creatures scurrying about on their endless midnight errands.

@ Coanacoch, Li, and Vir-Sashi: Cleaning and gutting the Dire Weasel is a monumental task, but the three of you working together can get more than enough to supply your needs.

Roll a Survival Check: You may take 10 to receive 5 days rations (each) in meat and harvest enough fur to make a winter blanket out of it. Vir-Sashi can roll to aid Li, since Li is doing most of the cutting, from what I can tell.

zever
2012-05-02, 02:54 AM
Arrived at the river bank, Han Chun Li squats down and puts his torch in the ground. He wets a side of his sleeve and starts to carefully wash the blood and dirt from the mule. When he is satisfied, he will take his torch and walk back with the mule to the campfire, to try to get some rest.

Man on Fire
2012-05-02, 05:09 AM
Rolling survival to aid Li [roll0]

Azoth
2012-05-02, 06:29 PM
Rolling survival
[roll0]

Woot! Yeah! I think we are making a kick butt team.

PSinger
2012-05-02, 11:08 PM
Untrained Survival for Coanacoch: [roll0]

inexorabletruth
2012-05-03, 01:28 PM
Working methodically, you manage to salvage over 300 lbs. of usable meat that will spoil in a few days if not properly salted and dried. You also salvage enough fur to make 2 winter blankets or four medium sized hide suits of armor. Most of the teeth are useless from being bashed in during the fight, but its massive 5 inch claws are all still intact and quite sharp. None of its bones seem to be broken, but the skull appears to have a small fracture next to the left eye where Necahual batted it with her quarterstaff.

The entire process takes several hours and dawn will break in about an hour before you finish your work.

Han Chun Li and Necahual (who presumably went back to sleep also) will be fully rested. Everyone else, please roll a fort save vs. fatigue DC 12

Man on Fire
2012-05-03, 03:08 PM
Roll save fort vs fatigue [roll0]

Man on Fire
2012-05-03, 03:10 PM
Sorry, somethign didn't worked rolling again [roll0]

Azoth
2012-05-03, 06:17 PM
fort vs fatigue [roll0]

PSinger
2012-05-04, 02:49 PM
Actually, I ... the real PSinger ... rolled for coanacoch the other day, as I'll do here (having been given permission). We both have finals, but Rus' finals is a major music theater showcase, two major dance performances, voice juries, and a callback for an outside play and interview for some kind of "fight" position .... he stages swordfights and stuff.

Necahual's Fort [roll0]
Coanacoch's Fort [roll1]

Lost should be fully back to his games after Monday.

inexorabletruth
2012-05-04, 03:28 PM
Your new day begins. The smell of the weasel carcass is a bit strong, and there is reason to suspect it may start attracting scavengers soon.

Necahual, Han Chun Li and Ulyono wake up to the site of Coanacoch, Vir-Sashi and Li finishing their grisly work.

If you left now, you could be at Cliffside by midday. It would take you about an hour to an hour and a half to pack up your new possessions and properly dispose of the carcass.

inexorabletruth
2012-05-05, 02:10 AM
POSTING FOR ODIGITY:

Ulyono stretches, but suppresses his yawn. "Oh man, that is ripe, Li. What are we going to do with all that meat?" He stands, rolls up his bed roll, and straps it onto his pack.

"We'll need to bury the remnants so this place isn't overrun by scavengers before the next group of travelers arrive here. And we'll need to dry out those steaks or they'll spoil. I'll tell you what, I'll cook us a nice breakfast if you guys can pack up the provisions onto the mule and dispose of the carcass. Perhaps I can make some weasel-bacon," he offers with an unconfident shrug. "At least then we won't have to lug as much of it around."

(Not sure if I got the color right...)

Man on Fire
2012-05-05, 05:48 AM
"Sure, I can take care of packing and disposal. I can even carry some of that myself." Vir-Sashi offers and goes doing just what he said.

zever
2012-05-05, 10:49 AM
Han Chun Li wakes up with the smell of the weasel carcass and stands up. It appears they have been working hard. I think they can use a good breakfast now. he smiles to Ulyono. He looks worried to their mule. Maybe you can prepare something special for him too., he says while pointing at it.

inexorabletruth
2012-05-05, 01:44 PM
Ulyono offers a few helpful tips to the group that has started packing everything up. "Once we get to Cliffside, I can dry them and convert them to rations. Perhaps the villagers there would be interested in taking some of this meat off our hands for a donation to the temple," he remarks happily as he begins preparing a fire and setting up his equipment. "But we have to hurry. It could take 10 hours of sunlight to dry the meat properly. The days are getting longer, but half of our sunlight will be lost before we arrive at Cliffside, so I may not be able to dry it until tomorrow. Still, once we're at Cliffside, I'm sure they'll have some salt that I can cure it with to keep it from spoiling at least."

Ulyono looks to Han Chun Li, then back to the mule with a bit of concern and sympathy in his eyes.

"To be honest, Brother Han, I don't even know what I could prepare for him. As far as I know, they eat grass and hay, right? I don't think there's anything I could cook for him that he would want, though he does look a bit pallid. Normally meat would be a good choice for replacing lost blood, but there are some vegetables that can help with low vigor..."

Knowledge: Nature [roll0]
To discern a mule's diet.

Profession: Cooking [roll1]
Just to get it out of the way.

Ulyono can't seem to remember anything beyond cursory knowledge of a mule's diet. "Perhaps I can rummage through our rations and give him some nice vegetables."

Azoth
2012-05-05, 01:59 PM
Li sets to his tasks of packing up the useable remnats of the weasel before getting around to disposing of the usuable organs and sinew and such of the weasel. When that is done he begins to carefully disassemble his makeshift alarm system from last night, and pack up what little gear he unpacked from the night before. He carries on in relative silence making sure to keep an eye and ear out for any more beasts that may come out of the woods in the early hours of morning.

lostsole31
2012-05-07, 10:16 PM
Coanacoch dutifully helps to pack, and when it is time to go, will return to the mule, soothing the beast as best he can.

inexorabletruth
2012-05-08, 09:29 AM
POSTING FOR ODIGITY:
Ulyono finds some dried vegetables in the rations gives some to Han and Coanacoch to feed the mule with, then sets to the campfire to whip up a hearty breakfast.

Profession: Cook [roll0]

It takes about an hour to prepare the meal, but the steaks smell delicious.
http://www.thingsieat.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/tdomf/599/IMG_4169_thumbnail.jpg

In spite of the limited resources, Ulyono puts together a feast to start your day with. His stomach growls loudly as he puts on the finishing touches.

"There... breakfast is ready!" He chimes with a smile, as he drops a ration of bird seed into the carrier pigeon's cage.

Man on Fire
2012-05-08, 11:43 AM
"Thank you. It looks and smells very tasty." Says Vir-Sashi and sits down to eat. He is quite hungry, especially after spending entire night working on the weasel's dead body and now taking care of it's remmants. Quite hungry and a bit tired.

zever
2012-05-08, 12:20 PM
Han Chun Li thanks Ulyono: Thank you, brother Ulyono, a bit heavier a breakfast I am used to, but I'm sure it will taste delicious.
He then turns to all of them Is everyone ready to leave, provided that we can find a way to transport the meatheap, I think it is best that we leave immediately after this breakfast.

PSinger
2012-05-08, 02:31 PM
"Thank you, Ulyono," says Necahual simply. "I'm ready to leave."

If lurker is showing up as a character to replace Ulyono, then add the following ...
"But, soft! What figure comes this way from the monastery? It looks like one of ours ...."

Vixsor Lumin
2012-05-09, 01:30 AM
A young man, not much more than a boy comes running up the path. He stops in front of the group gasping for air. "I have *pant* a *pant* pant* Uly.." he says as he waves a letter and tries to catch his breath. After catching his breath he straightens up and starts again. "I have a letter from the Abbey. I was told to deliver it to Ulyono." He holds the sealed letter out in front of him, unsure of which one of them is Ulyono.

inexorabletruth
2012-05-09, 01:52 AM
POSTING FOR ODIGITY:
Ulyono bows and says, "I am Ulyono." He takes the letter from the young man and reads it silently. His face goes ashen as he reads it. "I must leave," he says with a gasp, "at once."

Ulyono takes little time to prepare, leaving most of his supplies behind, and climbs awkwardly onto the horse (that we'll assume the new guy rode in on) and dashes off down the path to the monastery.

Whatever it was that was caused him to leave without so much as a goodbye was clearly serious, and you all get the hunch that he won't be returning soon... if at all.

zever
2012-05-09, 02:01 AM
Han Chun Li was still enjoying his breakfast when all of this happened. He tried to say goodbye to brother Ulyono, but he seemed to ignore everything around him.
He then looked up to the new person who arrived just now and bowed to him I am Han Chun Li, what is your name brother?

After receiving an answer: Here, you can have some breakfast if you want. Is it your mission to join us to Cliffside, or do you have to return to the abbey?

Vixsor Lumin
2012-05-09, 02:18 AM
"I am Tilmek." He says bowing low, making a fist with one hand and clasping it with his other. He rises with a grin on his face and adds, "And I would love some breakfast. I was told that I was to go where I was most useful, and seeing as you are now a man short, I think that with you is where I can do the most good."

zever
2012-05-09, 02:40 AM
Han nods to Tilmek. Welcome in our group then. We are currently on our way to Cliffside to help the local farming community with their internal conflicts and of course if needed, we also help them fend off enemy attacks on their lands. Our main mission there is to keep the peace and make sure the farmers can do their work without too much hassle. Our group consists at the moment of Coanacoch and Necahual, Li and Vir-Sashi. We are almost set to leave after this breakfast. While he gives the names of everyone, he points at the person in question to indicate who he is talking about.

Azoth
2012-05-09, 02:57 AM
Li looks up from his plate as the boy pants and lets out a low breath. This was going to be annoying. Sure enough, they loose a member of some use and gain a child. Who was eating after having done no work to earn the meal. He would have spoken up, but decided against it as he assumed he would be out numbered on that vote.

Being his usual less than cheery self, Li stared at the boy as he sat down to eat.
So kid, what use are you? The rest of us have demonstrated ability and our areas of specialty. Be nice to know if we need to whipe your nose and hold your hand when things goes south, or where you will vanish to in a fight to be most effective.

Man on Fire
2012-05-09, 07:48 AM
Vir-Sashi waves sadly, suprised by Ulyono suddenly leaving them."It must been something important, I hope it's not anything bad." He thought to himself.
"Do you think he will return soon?" He asks others."I hope that whatever has called him back isn't anything bad. Oh, and nice to meet you Timlek."

Vixsor Lumin
2012-05-09, 10:50 AM
"Well... I'm strong.. and hard to hit..." He says somewhat embarassed. He looks arty his feet then says "And I work hard to become better all the time..."

PSinger
2012-05-09, 05:41 PM
"Li, how about this," says the burly Amedian woman. "He ran here from the monastery. That's stamina right there. C'mon, he's an advanced novice just like the rest of us. How can you act like you've never met him? It's not like the monastery is a city."

Tilmek recognizes the muscular woman, and recognizes that stamina is very much what she prizes in herself and a warrior. She is of a group that believes that in the end this technique and that technique, given two similarly focused warriors, will really come to such a stalemate in battle that endurance - not power, agility, or technique - will win the day.

lostsole31
2012-05-09, 06:44 PM
Necahual's younger brother Coanacoch waves and says, "Hi, Tilmek! Welcome to the party." :smallwink:

Vixsor Lumin
2012-05-09, 07:00 PM
"Thank you Necahual." he says bowing again but doesn't look up. Then he turns back to Coanacoch and Vir-Sashi saying, "Thank you both for your warm welcome." he still doesn't look up but is smiling widely.

Man on Fire
2012-05-09, 09:37 PM
"Wait, I think I may remember you. Say, aren't you that guy who once fallen into Master Chasumi's study through the roof?" Asks Vir-Sashi, curious.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-05-09, 10:01 PM
Tilmek smiles sheepishly then says, "Well yes, that was me. I didn't feel like I was learning enough in my classes, so I was trying to see Master Chasumi's scrolls. When I got there he told me that I wasn't sufficientlly enlightened enough to understand them yet. So I went to the roof to look at the stars and meditate. Unfortunately I was much clumsier when I was a kid and I fell through the roof. He didn't believe that iwasnt trying to steal his scrolls, so he gave me stable duties for a week. However he was impressed that I managed to escape a fall from that high without injury, so he placed me in the martial meditation classes."

Azoth
2012-05-10, 01:27 AM
Li finishes his meal before turning to burly Bertha.Running for a day is great...means that maybe when something attacks him he can run until it gives up or drops from exhaustion. In the end it seems we will see what he is capable of when something attacks him. Hopefully, he can hold his own. If not well...atleast he will be remembered favorably by the elders.

With that he put up his dishes and began to make final checks and preperations for them to head out. He was ready to get this over with, so he could get back to his training. Being away from the monastary gave him too much time to think. Think of his past, his failure, and most of all...of her.

inexorabletruth
2012-05-10, 09:40 AM
The meal was hearty and invigorating. Those who ate it, get a +1 on their next Fort Save and +1 Temp HP (until the end of the day or until it gets expended, whichever comes first).

With all your gear packed and everyone ready to go, you head off in the direction of Cliffside. The journey is peaceful, if a bit dull. The sickly kissing sound of slogging through mud is the only breach of silence on the path when you aren't talking to one another.

However, as you get close to Cliffside, you can't help but feel like the quiet has become unnerving. The first set of farms come into view, but there are no farmers or cattle. As the second farm comes into view, you notice that it, too is completely vacant. Not one pig's squeal, chicken's cluck, or lamb's bleat can be heard. Even the birds seem to have forsaken this place. The town center is about a half an hour from the second farm.

Azoth
2012-05-10, 10:28 AM
Li stops and draws his longbow, with an arrow knocked. His eyes scanning the environment.I don't like this. I don't like this one bit. Either there was a slaughter and the enemy left, or they are still nearby waiting to ambush someone. Everyone, eyes and ears open. I don't want to catch an surprises. Assume formation!

Vixsor Lumin
2012-05-10, 10:53 AM
Tilmek takes a calming breath and widens his feet into a defensive stance. He continues walking, but keeps an ear out for any trouble.

Readied action to declare a dodge gainst anyone/thing that attacks me

lostsole31
2012-05-10, 11:57 AM
Coanacoch says, "Yeah, won't hurt to be careful. But let's head into the town center. There might be some answers there, and we don't want to go thumbing through farms just yet ... until we know there's trouble."

zever
2012-05-10, 03:33 PM
Han Chun Li moves quietly on with the rest, looking around for traces of what might have happened.

Spot check if needed:
[roll0]

Man on Fire
2012-05-10, 04:26 PM
Vir-Sashi moves into formation and once again uses his enchanced senses to see or hear any danger that might be approaching them.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

lostsole31
2012-05-10, 05:07 PM
Coanacoch accepts that most of the other monk's are better at sentinel skills, but he keeps alert as he can.
Spot/ Listen (as appropriate, same mod): [roll0]

PSinger
2012-05-11, 02:01 AM
Necahual stays alert as well.
Spot/ Listen [roll0]

Azoth
2012-05-11, 04:48 AM
Li begins to move towards the town carefully keeping his eyes and ears open. Double move action on total defense at half speed. AC20.

Man on Fire
2012-05-11, 05:42 AM
Vir-Sashi notices strange signs that something is wrong. Doors slighty off the line, farm tools dropped hastily around, empty stable, trampled grass. And the smoke over town center.
"Something burned here." He whispers to his friends.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-05-11, 09:46 AM
Tilmek follows the others and strains his eyes and ears to make sure they don't get snuck up on.

listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

PSinger
2012-05-11, 12:58 PM
Necahual stops and says, "Unnatural silence ... and that low-lying dark cloud ahead."

inexorabletruth
2012-05-11, 03:03 PM
As you progress down the road, the town center comes into view. Much of the town center is burnt to its foundation, but it appears to have happened a few days ago. Burnt bodies are littered throughout the town, but are heavily concentrated toward the meeting hall. Around the square, shop doors have been blasted open, leaving spear-like shards of wood hanging from hinges. Vending booths have been ransacked of their wares and burnt.

The stench is incredible. It smells like a combination of burnt and rotting flesh, as well as decaying fruits and vegetables. The ash stings your eyes.

Azoth
2012-05-11, 04:47 PM
Li lets loose a string of curses at the smell similar to a drunken sailor catching his manhood in seel hatch. As he surveys the area a feeling of despair builds in his stomach.
Well...seems we failed this mission before we left the temple. Now we have a few options. We can call it a day and go home, we can burry these people then go home, or we can try to hunt down whoever did this and bring retribution to them. What'll it be boys?

Man on Fire
2012-05-11, 06:04 PM
Vir-Sashi looks around in terror. He cannot belive his own eyes. He haven't seen so many death, so many pointless cruelty, since...since...

Since he was serving Yuan-Ti.

"Those people deserve at least proper funeral. But our mission is far from over. We need to track down whoever did this...this terrible thing, and we need to punish them. Murderous...monsters....like that cannot be allowed to walk free. That's what.....that's what a true friend of justice would do. He says, shaking with anger. Not because of the deaths. But because of what mockery of justice is the fact that whoever did this, did not faced the punishment. He promied himself, deep in his heart, that he will become stronger. Strong enough to be able to stop any bastard who will attempt such thing ever again.

lostsole31
2012-05-12, 12:27 AM
Coanacoch cuts Vir-Sashi off about five words into his speech.

"Ssssh," he hisses while pointing into a merchant's shop at the same time as he takes out a kama. "Goblinspeak."

Vixsor Lumin
2012-05-12, 01:10 AM
Tilmek's eyes tear up. As he looks around. He'd never even seen a dead body, let alone anything that could prepare him for this level of destruction. He had no words to describe what he felt, so he stayed silent. When Coanacoch says he hears something, Tilmek angrily rubs the tears from his eyes and tries to focus. He takes a calming breath to try and center himself.... it doesn't work.

Man on Fire
2012-05-12, 04:59 AM
Vir-Sashi shuts up and look in direction pointed by Li. He doesn't say anything, but assumes defensive stance, in case the goblins, or whatever it is, would come out.

zever
2012-05-12, 10:35 AM
When Han Chun Li arrived at the scene, he felt a mixture of emotions: disgust and horror because of what he saw and smelled, anger and dissapointment because they were too late to stop what had happened. As soon as Coanacoch points in the direction where the goblinspeak comes from, Han Chun Li knew what to do. This was no time for standing around, somebody had to do something about it and if no-one else was about to move, that somebody had to be him. Without thinking too much but filled with anger he moves in the direction of the goblinspeak.

Man on Fire
2012-05-12, 12:17 PM
Vir-Sashi stops Han. He puts a finger to his mouth, trying to mimick human gesture to be quiet, then gets closer to him and wishpers into his ear.
"I'll go from the front, you sneak from behind, if they have any other doors or windows."

zever
2012-05-12, 01:08 PM
Han thinks a sec about this plan. He then remembers the words of Master Caramip about stealthiness and teamwork and nods approvingly to the idea of Vir-Sashi. After this, he moves as silently as he can to the back of the house and checks there for another entrance.

Move silently roll if necessary:
[roll0]

Man on Fire
2012-05-12, 01:37 PM
Vir-Sashi observes the house, while Han moves to it's back, to make sure no agressor will notice him. Once he sees signal from Han that he has found other entrance, he will try to sneak to the front doors, so how he also moves silenty on better position.

Spot check [roll0]
Listen check [roll1]
Move Listnetly [roll2]

inexorabletruth
2012-05-12, 02:14 PM
As Han and Vir-Sashi close in on the merchant's shop, you can tell that some of the Goblins inside are in the midst of a heated argument as they quarrel over a small sum of money found behind the shop's counter. The merchant inside is dead, with a spear thrust precisely through his neck which had him pinned to the wall, causing him to hang weirdly from it as if he was leaning against the wall and relaxing. Most of his possessions have been stripped away and he is nearly nude except for a few tatters of clothes here and there, and his tongue is lolling out of his gaping mouth, eyes still wide in terror.

The shop itself is the definitive example of shambolic. Paper notes and receipts are cast everywhere; sacks of grains and oat have been tossed around; bottles are smashed; broken shards of tools and chairs litter the ground, glued down by the dried blood. The handrail up the stairs is collapsed where a body, presumably, flew through it and several barrels and crates are cracked and leaking their wares.

Aside from the two bigger goblins fighting over the money, one other smaller goblin appears to be poking around at the various rubble on the ground, trying to find something salvageable from the debris. You can hear the sounds of other goblin voices shouting down single words or short phrases from upstairs.

lostsole31
2012-05-12, 02:34 PM
Coanacoch, always having been too fidgety for stealth, waits to rush in as soon as he hears Han or Vir shout or begin to make a commotion.

PSinger
2012-05-12, 02:48 PM
Necahual, even less capable than her brother at stealth, says to Han as he begins to scamper, "I'll provide you a diversion to help your stealth."

She stomps into the store, attempting to make sure that she is the primary target-of-interest for goblin eyes and ears. She strolls right into the shop, whistling, and says, "Pardon me, are you the proprieter? Great. I'd like to get a bag of flour, a pound of butter, two hand kegs of ale, a hammer, a tin of carpenter's nails, and a new blade for my saw. Oh, and your heads on a pike."
She readies an action with her quarterstaff to crack the skull of the first goblin that comes her way.

She is sure to stand in an open area where she might be easily surrounded, or goblins might try to pass her (Combat Reflexes), but she'll do so with Combat Expertise of 2 (CE2)
* Attack: [roll0], including CE2.
* Damage: [roll1]
* AC is now 16.

What type of armor do these guys wear?

You said "bigger" ... do you just mean more muscular/ burly ... or do you mean "much bigger" ... as in Size Medium (vice Size Small)?

Man on Fire
2012-05-12, 02:54 PM
Vir-Sashi looks at goblins, looks at what those bastars did. Seeing them, just fighting over few coins next to the body of man they killed, enrages him. For a moment he wants to just jump in and kill those bastards, but he remembers that's not the way of Friend of Justice. He wanted to wait for Han, but then Necuhal walked into the room. He decided to use the "distraction", if you cann call it that, the best he can - once goblins focuses on him, he jumps into the room and attack nearest goblin. Now it's time for rage.

Activate Rage
Once the battle starts, initiative [roll0]

zever
2012-05-12, 03:45 PM
When Han arrives at the behind the shop, he hears the voice of Necahual at the front. He immediately looks for an entrance on this side and if there is one, he will enter it and prepare himself to enter the fight.
Initiative:
[roll0]

Azoth
2012-05-12, 05:10 PM
Li sighs as he sees the others. Hearing the main targets are in the second story he moves to find a window on the building's second story. When he finds it he will tie a rope to one of his arrows and attempt to turn it into a grappling hook for easy ascent into the shop's second story.

Man on Fire
2012-05-12, 07:49 PM
Vir-Sashi attacks nearest goblin.

Flurry of Blows: Rage-increased BAB is +7/+2 with Flurry it's +6/+1/-1
[roll0] damage [roll1]
[roll2] damage [roll3]
[roll4] damage [roll5]

Vir-Sashi runs to the nearest goblin, delivers blow from the bottom, right into the stomach, another one, into jaw, finishes with straight punch into the chest. He can hear bones shattering under his fists but takes no pleasure from it. What he does he does into the name of justice.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-05-12, 08:19 PM
Tilmek runs at one of the bigger goblins and jumps into the air using the momentum of the run to add strength to his blow.

charge at one of the big goblins
Attack (decisive strike -2 charge +2)[roll0]
Damage [roll1] damage is multilplied by 2 until next round
Use karmic strike to lower ac by 4 lowered by 2 more from charge
Use dodge on the big goblin I didn't hit

Ac=9
Dodge bonus against big guy makes ac=10 for only him

lostsole31
2012-05-13, 01:58 AM
Banking on surprise, Coanacoch zips and tries to set up a flanking position on whatever goblin he can, otherwise he moves to the side of the closest goblin and tries to hook-drop that enemy by bringing his ankle out from underneath him with a kama.
With surprise, the goblins are flat-footed. If by chance they have Combat Reflexes, then Coanacoch's Mobility makes his AC 18. Boost this to 19 for the goblin he ends up attacking (Dodge feat) ... or, do you homerule/ Paizo where Dodge is good against all known attackers in a round?

MA: Move the required distance.
SA: Trip attempt. No AOO because of surprise.
* Attack roll [roll0]
* Trip attempt [roll1], Light weapon (-4), Kama (+2), no STR bonus

zever
2012-05-13, 02:33 AM
Han finds the entrance and immediately rushes inside. As soon as he sees a goblin, he runs to it as a projectile flies towards its target, jumping over fallen chairs and avoiding randomly scattered tables and other junk. He doesn't see that though, his eyes are fixed on the goblin before him. Avoiding things comes natural to him, as he has run away often in his life, from his parents, from the police as a beggar, and the monk training enabled him to do it without even noticing it. They have to pay for what they have done, I will let them pay. is the only thing that goes through his mind in these moments and when he arrives, he attempts to give a devastating blow to the goblin in the back of his head to take him out once and forever.
Decisive strike:
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]x2 if it hits

inexorabletruth
2012-05-13, 06:28 AM
Surprise Round:
The smaller Goblin turns around with an "Eh?" just in time to see Vir-Sashi tear into him with a barrage of punches that shatter ribs and jaw like crackers... then he sees only darkness as he's sent sprawling to the ground, blood spraying from his shattered mouth. He lies there, still now... with the last shallow breaths quivering from his broken body. The Goblin in D7 is dying.

Han Chun Li is less lucky. After sprinting over and around the debris, he misses the Goblin's head and scores a glancing blow off of his chain shirt, barely doing more than throwing the bewildered Goblin off balance.

Coanacoch plows into the room, blasting through debris with reckless abandon and sweeps the legs right out from under the goblin facing Necahual. Doubly surprised, the Goblin splays his arms out wide and comes crashing down in a heap at Coanacoch's feet. (Coanacoch can make it to C4 even with the movement penalties.)

Man on Fire
2012-05-13, 10:14 AM
Vir-Sashi turns to the nearest goblin, attempting to smack him in the throat with edge of his hand, following by kick from the knee in the stomach and elbow in the face. Rage blinds him, he goes too fast, his moves gets sloppy....

Attack rolls are in OOC, sorry. The results of next flurry were: First attack: 12, 5 dmg, second 2, third 0

inexorabletruth
2012-05-13, 07:57 PM
As the Goblin is being tripped, Vir-Sashi scores a vicious chop to its throat, but the sudden movement of the fall puts him out of reach, and your second and third blows hit nothing but air. The goblin coughs violently when he hits the ground, trying to find air again.
(Assuming you moved to the first set of stairs, B4, but you can also move to the cashier's desk, D4).
(Please roll a Reflex save if you're on the stairs, a balance check if you're on the desk.)

No stranger to battle though, the burly Goblin whips his javelin like a switch, swatting at Vir-Sashi.
Attack (prone penalty): [roll0]
Confirm Crit if necessary: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Move: Stand from prone. Coanacoch and Necahual, please roll AoO
then curls his legs up and attempts to roll to a stand, hissing in rage.

Man on Fire
2012-05-13, 08:29 PM
On the desk, rolling balance
[roll0]

lostsole31
2012-05-13, 11:13 PM
Coanacoch attempts a flat-knuckle strike to the bridge of the goblin's nose when the bandit opens himself.
Unarmed attack [roll0], damage [roll1]

PSinger
2012-05-13, 11:55 PM
Necahual takes advantage of the opening to bring her staff around with a crack to the goblin's upper shield arm.
Quarterstaff [roll0], Damage [roll1]
EDIT: CR-R-ACK! goes the bone! :smallwink:

inexorabletruth
2012-05-14, 05:24 AM
Vir-Sashi holds sure footing on the wobbly bench.

The goblin hauls to a stand and manages to pull up a defensive arm against Coanacoch's attack, but it leaves his left flank open for a powerful bludgeoning strike from Necahual, which leaves the Goblin screaming in agony. He looks haggard, and is in a lot of pain, but still standing.

Another goblin, hearing the chaos below, pokes his head out at the head of the stairs, and launches his javelin at Coanacoch.

Move: to B2
Attack: [roll0]
Confirm Crit (if needed): [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Coanacoch is next.

lostsole31
2012-05-14, 02:47 PM
The small javelin hits Coanacoch right across the thick fold of skin above the webbing on his right hand between his thumb and index finger for 3 damage. It doesn't do a lot of damage, but the shock of it makes him drop his kama. "Aaahhh-(pain hiss)!"

lostsole31
2012-05-15, 07:47 PM
Coanacoch performs a snapping strike with his fist to the goblin's right forearm.
Attack [roll0], damage [roll1]

inexorabletruth
2012-05-15, 09:55 PM
Coanacoch lands a vicious chop to the neck, crushing the Goblin's windpipe and sending him sprawling back to the floor, dying.

The other goblin upstairs seems unwilling to join the fight and doesn't make any moves to attack.

Han Chun Li's turn.

zever
2012-05-16, 12:21 AM
Seeing that the blow with his right fist got deflected didn't stop Han Chun Li and he quickly followed it up with his left foot, trying to break the goblin's knees:

Attack: [roll0] (+2 extra if flanking)
Damage: [roll1]

inexorabletruth
2012-05-16, 03:00 AM
The goblin defending against Han shows better skill that the brute that Necahual, Coanacoch, and Vir-Sashi were fighting. He deftly swings his mace high to deflect the blow and ducks low, preparing a counter-strike to Han's exposed ribs.

(The Goblin can't attack yet, since it's not his turn). Necahual, you're up.

PSinger
2012-05-17, 02:39 AM
Necahual hops up onto the table next to her and kicks Han's opponent in the weapon hand with a spinning crouch heel-kick to improve accuracy and defense. If lucky, she'll shatter the hand so the sharp bones will rip back into the artery at the wrist to make the goblin bleed out in shock.
MA: Perform "hop up" maneuver, Jump DC 15. Jump [roll0]
SA: Attack, CE2, High Ground [roll1], Damage [roll2]
* AC is 16, vice 14, for CE (Combat Expertise).

EDIT: The hop up doesn't work, but the move into that square (5') does. She doesn't get the +1 for high ground, but she hits anyway. And with that damage? The goblin might not bleed out (RP fluff), but she probably at least was successful on target and bone-to-artery=damage effect.

inexorabletruth
2012-05-17, 01:59 PM
Necahual sends a crashing blow to the Goblin's mace arm, swatting the strike away just before the points of the morningstar collide with Han's ribs. The goblin grimaces in pain and struggles to maintain his balance as the interrupting strike sends him reeling.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-05-17, 11:33 PM
charge at one of the big goblins
Attack (decisive strike -2 charge +2)[roll0]
Damage [roll1] damage is multilplied by 2 until next round
Use karmic strike to lower ac by 4 lowered by 2 more from charge
Use dodge on the big goblin I didn't hit

Ac=9
Dodge bonus against big guy makes ac=10 for only him

Tilmek snaps out of his sadness and shakes the tears from his eyes as he runs into the room. His years of training let him place his steps perfectly among the debris that littered the ground. He jumps up into the air. While he was in the air he snapped his hand out and brought it down on the side of the big goblin's neck. He landed on the desk and stood beside his brothers, ready to continue the fight.

move to e4 and attack at d3

Balance for being on the desk [roll0]
Dodge on the stairs goblin instead of the one I didn't hit.

inexorabletruth
2012-05-18, 02:22 AM
Unprepared for such a vicious strike from Tilmek, the last big goblin in the fight drops like a rock, unconscious, and sputtering out shallow, weak breaths.

The goblin in the corner rolls over a little and struggles to draw a quivering breath.
Stabilizing Roll [roll0]

Li, even without an Init roll, you're up.

Azoth
2012-05-18, 12:18 PM
Li sets on his choke hold. Tightening around the goblin's neck. Simple and easy. He applies pressure to cut off air and blood to the brain.

grapple check [roll0]
Unarmed damage subdual [roll1]

*Heh...looks like he is gonna tap out quick at this rate*

inexorabletruth
2012-05-18, 01:53 PM
The goblin's tongue wags loose from his mouth and his eyes bulge out as he claws at your vice-like grip, but to no avail. Soon, he succumbs to the warm embrace of sleep and goes limp.

Seeing no hope for victory, the goblin at the top of the stairs raises his hands in the air and shrieks, "SURRENDER?".

Top of the round. Vir-Sashi, you may chose to attack the remaining goblin and remain in initiative or parlay with it and go back to RP mode.

Man on Fire
2012-05-18, 03:20 PM
Vir-Sashi looks at the goblin with disgust. For a moment he thinks that he should kill that murderer, but then he remembers wors of master Yago - "There is no honor in slaying surrendering enemy", he told him once.
-"Drop any weapons you have from the stairs and get down here!" He orders goblin. "Tie him, we will interrogate him." He says to his commrades. Once small bandit will get down, he runs up the stairts, to see if there aren't any other goblins out there. If there arent, he calms himself down and goes back, to see if he can help interrogate the goblin.

If there aren't any other enemies, ends Rage

inexorabletruth
2012-05-18, 03:58 PM
There are no more goblins at the top of the stairs. Once up there, you see that the room has been ransacked. It appears to be a bedroom/supply room. Anything presumed to have any value has been tossed on a blanket in the middle of the room. The mattress has been stripped and a small jewelry box on a desk has been busted open. The wardrobe has been ripped open and a mix of male and female clothes can be found within, but there is no body of a woman at the shop. The clothes seem to be about the right size to fit the dead man impaled on a spear on the ground floor. Outside, you can hear a goblin making choking sounds and then slumping to the floor.

The goblin you commanded to surrender has dropped his rusty morningstar and is heading down the stairs.

Reflex [roll0]

The stairs give out underneath him, and he falls through the floor, crashing onto a crate. Writhing in pain, the goblin clutches his lower back.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-05-19, 02:54 AM
Tilmek begins shaking and hyperventilating. "Is he... did I kill him?" he says shakily looking at the body of the goblin he had hit. As the goblin on the stairs crashed through the floor, he jumps startled.

zever
2012-05-19, 05:14 AM
Han turns to NecahualThank you for the help, it seems may aim is not as well as it should be. He then speaks to Tilmek:Calm down, you have taken out an enemy of this town, and thus of the monastery, I'm sure the masters will be proud of you.

inexorabletruth
2012-05-19, 01:49 PM
The only coherent goblin in the room is the one writhing on top of the crates beneath the stairs. The goblin in the corner clings to life with sparse and shallow breaths. The bigger goblins toward the north end of the room look better, but are clearly dying, and will not live much longer.

The goblin on the crate rolls onto the ground, scrambles to a stand and, still clutching his bruised back, scrambles toward the door to the south entrance.

Man on Fire
2012-05-19, 03:06 PM
"Where do you think are you going?!" Vir-Sashi screams at the Goblin who crawls towards the doors, in his most menancing tone.

Intimidate [roll0]

If the goblin doesn't stop, he runs to him and pins him to the ground.

Grapple [roll1]

inexorabletruth
2012-05-19, 04:58 PM
The escaping goblin freezes in his tracks and turns to face the terrifying Vir-Shashi with trembling lips. "Nowhere! Nowhere! Grubnub just tries to get out of the way! Grubnub swears!"

Bluff: [roll0]

"Grubnub don't wanna' fight no more!"

Azoth
2012-05-19, 05:02 PM
Once Li finishes choking out his goblin, and holds it an extra round just to be sure, he will move to hogtie the little pain. Questions will come later.

Use rope to tie a knot [roll0]

Hope he can make a dc 32 escape artist check to get free...when he wakes up

Man on Fire
2012-05-19, 05:37 PM
"You're not going anywhere! Get back from the door! Vir-Sashi says...pardon, yells, as he moves towards the goblin. Once Grubnub moves past him, he catches him from behind, holding him by the forearms.

Grapple [roll0]

"Now talk! Where are the rest of your group?!" He yealls at the goblin and turns him to face the rest of the team, so they can interrogate small murderer. He will keep quiet, cherking out if he doesn't hear a lie or contradiction in Grubnub's voice.

Intimidate [roll1]
Sense Motive [roll2]

inexorabletruth
2012-05-19, 06:41 PM
Grubnub squirms, but is too terrified to put up a solid resistance.

"Tuky went out the window. Tuky ran away. You killed the rest!" He looks over at what's left of the goblin group, as if the answer to Vir-Sashi's question was self-evident.

Man on Fire
2012-05-19, 06:49 PM
"Are you trying to tell me that few goblins killed all those people? How stupid do you think we are?!" Vir-Sashi yells at the goblin, ptting his best to sound very intimidating. "Where are the others who attacked the village? Where you wanted to go?! Where did Turky ran to?!

Intimidate [roll0]
Sense Motive[roll1]

Vixsor Lumin
2012-05-19, 08:25 PM
Tilmek hides his face. He understands the need for for all of this, but that doesn't mean he was going to take part in it.

inexorabletruth
2012-05-20, 05:30 AM
"Grubnub don't know!" Grubnub cries, eyes filled with terror. "Tuky ran aWAY-hay-hay..." He sobs. "Grubnub didn't kill the villagers. Byuchyuck and Grimble find the house here. Grimble says we search the house, so we search the house!"

It doesn't seem like Grubnub is lying, but it doesn't seem like he's telling you everything either. Scared half out of his wits, Grubnob starts to sob.

Everyone roll spot checks and sense motive checks.

Man on Fire
2012-05-20, 06:39 AM
Spot [roll0]
Sense Motive [roll1]

zever
2012-05-20, 07:52 AM
Spot: [roll0]
Sense motive: [roll1]