PDA

View Full Version : (PF) Optimize Low Templar PrC?

Duncan_Ruadrik
2012-04-03, 07:11 PM
I like the fluff of the PrC quite a bit, and it would make a flavorful character. however, I do not see a quick and easy way to optimize it...Any help or hints anyone has got? I think it would make a fun PFS character.

Low Templar (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/i-m/low-templar)

You guys got anything? thanks in advance!

grarrrg
2012-04-03, 07:41 PM
It's a "fighter" chassis, hp/Bab/skills/etc...

First thing that comes to mind is:

Abuse the wazoo out of Flag of Convenience!

A low templar never suffers a penalty to his Leadership score for moving around frequently, aloofness, cruelty, or the loss of prior cohorts or followers, and can replace lost followers in half the normal amount of time.
ORDER THEM TO THEIR DOOM!!

Crusader is only useful vs. Chaotic Evil outsiders, if you don't expect to be fighting a lot of those, you may want to take a pass on the whole class.

Dirty Fighting gives a +2 bonus to CMB, and gives you alternatives to damage on a Critical Hit.

Sneak Attack on a Full Bab class is handy (only 2d6, but...)

Path of X is somewhat situational, but can really save you when it comes into play.

The capstone seems...odd, and may make your DM disallow the class as a whole if they don't like Leadership.
I think I'm reading it correctly;
If you don't have Leadership, then you get a cohort as if you did.
If you do have Leadership, then you can have 2 cohorts? At max of -2 level.
If you do have Leadership, you can 'trade in' one of your cohorts to make the level cap -1 level.