PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Purge (IC)

Eric Scott
2012-04-03, 09:18 PM
Please describe your character here...

Trodon
2012-04-03, 09:32 PM
Aledar is crouched next to a small dragon, just over four feat high. He wares a set of Mithril full-plate armor that glistens in the light along with his long golden hair. He wears a greatsword on his back, and wears an amulet around his neck.

The dragon, Stondri is sitting much like a dog would, conversing with Aledar in her native tongue. Her scales are dull brown, with a slight copper hint to it.

Tegannie
2012-04-03, 09:52 PM
Brooke always has a slightly-crazed, far off look in her eyes, otherwise, an average-looking human girl.

She wears a mid-length, simple red dress, torn at the bottom, with a matching guantlets, a thin, silvery, chain link cloak on her sholders, a unicorn pendent at her throat, and leather circlet (with a silverhead peice that has cresent moons and a sevenpointed star) on her head. She appears to be carrying only a small bag and always has a small, odd-looking rat nearby.

Her rat, Lillae, is quite strange. In fact, you aren't sure it's actually a rat because it seems to have...are those tenticles? Wait, they're gone...and now it looks normal. What a strange little...thing.

Brooke and Lillae seem to be talking, although Lillae's speech is squeaks. Any who know Common can pick out: Lillae, you're adorable in both forms, just pick one for now, my sweet.

eftexar
2012-04-03, 10:04 PM
Aph stands in the darkness his lanky form bleeding into the shadows; only his silver eyes are distinct. A gothic lantern sways at his side out of synch with the wind.

Wincing as he steps into the light Aph's form becomes more apparent, his eyes losing their gleam. His short onyx hair contrasts the bright environment around him and he is covered from head to toe in simple charcoal-color clothes that look much older than he. His beaten and tattered hooded black cloak bears the symbol of the Cimmerian Knights - a crescent moon being cut in half with a serrated dagger.

Aph has a somber look on his pale face and an almost ominous feeling hangs around him like a thick fog. He shifts uncomfortably and mumbles under his breath, "His hair is too bright." I hope he isn't a paladin. Besides that, why am I even here... And who are these people?

ChaoticBroth
2012-04-03, 11:09 PM
Jason stands at approximately six feet, with his back straight, and his grey eyes generally staring off into the distance. His mithral breastplate is well-polished and maintained quite well, as are his matching gauntlets and boots. The jet-black vest and pants he wears underneath are kept in a similar fashion, and appear to be made out of some sort of light leather. On his back, Jason wears a cloak made out of silver dragon scales, in order to honor his training under various silver dragons.

Among the various items that Jason carries, none are more unique than his greatsword, Frostmaw. Originally the blade of a long-dead warrior and renamed by Jason, Frostmaw is a weapon clearly made in a different plane, as evidenced by the greenish blade, and the odd - and seemingly impractical - pommel design. Ever since the blade was attuned to Jason, the hilt has transformed into a dragon's maw, with the snout and teeth of the dragon seamlessly melding with the Baatorian Green Steel. In addition, the blade exhibits an unnaturally cold aura about it.

Thanks to his enchanted hat, Jason has made his wings and the magical collar around his neck invisible. In addition, the hat itself is disguised as a miniature silver clasp attached to beneath his silver hair.

stanleyindraven
2012-04-04, 07:52 AM
Griply stands in plain browns, muddied boots and long, braided brown hair. He is obviously human and seems to prefer the outdoors. His armor is a studded leather with tufts of fur still attached. He carries no weapon and a single ring adorns his right hand. A cloak of fur hangs from his shoulders and matches that of his armor. Beside him sits a large tiger with very large teeth extending from its mouth. Its fur is a pale yellow-brown and it looks around at the others.

Morcleon
2012-04-04, 08:10 AM
Tenchi forces himself to stand as he notices more people entering the area. Reaching up, he adjusts his swirling orange mask, and brushes back his dark hair. Eh... So many people... How troublesome...

Brushing the dust from his cloak, he lets his eyes wander over the puffy red clouds emblazoned on its surface. It seems only a few days ago that he had managed to escape from his sealed imprisonment. A chuckle escaped his mask. How ironic that he had spent nearly six millennia trapped in a stasis field, only to be released through a simple equipment malfunction.

At first glance, he seemed to be like any other Masked One, albeit with a rather unorthodox mask, one with but one "eye" hole and a swirled groove pattern. He was a bit on the short side as compared to many others, and he carried no visible weaponry. His clothes were simple, with a navy blue combat jacket and a matching set of pants. Underneath his outfit, the barest hint of a suit of chainmail was discernable. He wore fingerless gloves, each with a flat amethyst embedded on the back of each glove. Over all this was a dark traveling cloak, sprinkled with a red cloud motif.

Raising an eyebrow at the rat's comment to its apparent master, and chuckling lightly at the pale Knight's complaint, a voice came from under the mask, light and mellow, but speaking of uncountable experience. "I don't suppose anyone has a clue as to why we have been gathered here?"

Eric Scott
2012-04-04, 08:36 AM
The air chills as fog begins to roll into the area that you all came up with.

You can hear a slight chuckle that sounds like its coming from quite a distance.

Trodon
2012-04-04, 11:08 AM
Aledar turns in the direction of the chuckle and draws his sword, Stondri starts to hover 10ft off the ground. He whispers a short prayer before entering his battle stance.

Eric Scott
2012-04-04, 11:21 AM
As the fog surrounds the group the chuckling does as well...

Tegannie
2012-04-04, 12:06 PM
Lillae settles into her tentacled form, and stands by Brooke's feet, as Brooke looks around and casts Mage Armor.

Mage Armor:
+4 armor bonus for 12 hours (to her and Lillae)

Eric Scott
2012-04-04, 12:20 PM
All magic ceases to work in the area...

The-Mage-King
2012-04-04, 12:33 PM
Adjusting his specatcles, Ewan looks around the area, before muttering a number of curses under his breath.

"Zerstörer, prep time." He says, as a small bauble hanging from his clothing begins glowing slightly.

A brief flash of light surrounds him, and he's soon clad in a suit of steely grey armor, a shield and sword of the same material in hand.

Which vanish abruptly as the null magic field appears.

Create Spellforged armor, shield, and weapon of Kinetic Blast.

eftexar
2012-04-04, 02:27 PM
Sighing, Aph speaks, "I suppose everyone here relies on magic." Though to set up an ambush the moment we arrive here, this must have been planned out ahead of time. The only two who look like they can fight without the use of magic are Mr. Sunshine and the guy with the ornate sword, and maybe the guy dressed in a rug. For a moment he looks thoughtfully over at the guy in the mask. He looks like the type to have something up his sleeve. And then he glances towards the direction of the first chuckle hoping to see something.

Eric Scott
2012-04-04, 02:38 PM
Sighing, Aph speaks, "I suppose everyone here relies on magic." Though to set up an ambush the moment we arrive here, this must have been planned out ahead of time. The only two who look like they can fight without the use of magic are Mr. Sunshine and the guy with the ornate sword, and maybe the guy dressed in a rug. For a moment he looks thoughtfully over at the guy in the mask. He looks like the type to have something up his sleeve. And then he glances towards the direction of the first chuckle hoping to see something.

You can see the shadowy out line of what appears to be a large humanoid.

Morcleon
2012-04-04, 02:40 PM
Tenchi feels the magic drain from his body and shakes his head in annoyance. Sighing, he extracts a crossbow from the deep recesses of his cloak. It clicks back, and he holds it at the ready, prepared to shoot anything that he deems a threat.

stanleyindraven
2012-04-04, 02:41 PM
"Hmmm, au natural," Griply says to the sabre-toothed tiger. "Serge, you have a lock on it yet," he asks the beast.

Tegannie
2012-04-04, 03:16 PM
Brooke pouts as she feels her spell fail. What, no magic, that's no fun! Where are we and why are we here?

Morcleon
2012-04-04, 03:22 PM
"And who," Tenchi tilts his head at the concealed figure, "are you?"

ChaoticBroth
2012-04-04, 03:32 PM
Jason looked around at the rest of the group assembled here. Judging by the fact that no one had really done anything - and that an attempt to summon some sort of magical armor had been disrupted - that fighting was really left up to him and anyone else that could handle an actual weapon.

Well, this ought to be interesting. A real shame that I won't be having too much in the way of support, but at least there's only one target.

Drawing his greatsword - which had just lost its supernatural aura of cold - Jason stared at the humanoid in the fog, with both hands tightened around his hilt. The moment he could ensure that this figure was the real target, he would launch his attack.

Eric Scott
2012-04-04, 03:58 PM
A handsome man walks forward through the fog... he wears purple flowing garments edged in gold. If you can either guess my name or hit me with one of your weapons, I will tell you why you have gathered here. In fact, lets make things interesting... the Antimagic Field is lifted.

Roll for initiative...

eftexar
2012-04-04, 04:06 PM
Why didn't I bring a back-up? I might have to retreat. Aph looks around for a patch of shadow in the fog, careful not to turn his head as to hide his intentions, followed by studying the man in front of him.
This guy makes me nervous. Either he's bluffing in which case we'll kill him or he's just that powerful. Since he seems to have used magic in an area where he probably just banished it, it is probably the latter.
I could use myself as bait and try to distract him, but risk getting hit when I first approach. After that dodging his attacks shouldn't be a problem even without the shadows to protect me.

Edit> In mid-thought Aph feels the familiar surge of power he is used to. Wonderful. I really hope he's bluffing.

Eric Scott
2012-04-04, 06:04 PM
Initiative so far:

eftexar: 23
Brooke: 16
The-Mage-King: 13
Lillae: 12
Morcleon: 10

The Man: [roll0]

Edit: The Man holds his turn...

The-Mage-King
2012-04-04, 06:07 PM
(On my turn)

His eyes widening in shock, Ewan looks over the man.

"Forgive my impudence, sir. If you would like me to attempt an assault upon your person, I am willing to try, but would prefer not to." He says, taking a few steps backwards.

eftexar
2012-04-04, 06:37 PM
I'm going to have Aph summon his weapon as a swift action with shadowcraft and then, as a standard action, cast the mystery sight eclipsed on himself. edit > eh.. forgot to roll the craft check, not sure how much it matters now though, but her we go... got a 9 crap
Why didn't he move? It's like he is taunting us. Fine it will give me time to prepare.
Aph holds his hand outward and the shadows from nearby swirl into a long sword falling for a moment, before falling back apart. For a brief second his eyes gleam and nearly insubstantial shadows begin to form around him.

Morcleon
2012-04-04, 07:16 PM
Tenchi hesitated, cocking his head over to one side. There's something familiar about this man... Hmm... Purple and gold cloak...

Clearing his throat, he raised his voice. "Huh. I never would have expected you to visit the Material Plane so soon again. So, what brings you here to our wonderful world, Boccob-sama?"

Eric Scott
2012-04-04, 07:35 PM
Combat is over... unless you still want to attack. It is good to see at least a couple of you know who I am. For those of you that don't... I am Boccob the Uncaring. As to why you all have gathered here... that is my doing. As some of you may or may not know, there has been word of a "Purging" going around. Where a particular group, that I know nothing about is trying to purge all arcane magic from the planes. I was hoping that you all could help me in getting rid of these annoyances for me.

ChaoticBroth
2012-04-04, 08:22 PM
Jason had shifted his stance, aiming his greatsword down towards the ground at Boccob's feet when the masked man identified the mysterious man as Boccob the Uncaring, and the latter had presented his reason for gathering them here.

Lowering his weapon - which, by now, had regained its aura of cold - Jason looked at the deity. "Purging arcane magic? That's... actually possible?"

Eric Scott
2012-04-04, 09:04 PM
Arcane magic can never truely be removed from the equation as long as I am around... But, there have been a few in the past who thought they could end the usage of it... I could not let that happen so, I captured them and put them in Stasis... Sadly, I did not get all of them. The one that I missed... took the time to train an army of mageslayers... and managed to free the captives. They have since gone on a mission to tarnish the name of Arcane Magic...

eftexar
2012-04-04, 09:17 PM
Aph relaxes a bit, still clearly on edge. He shifts to hide the symbol on his back. Hopefully he hasn't noticed my insignia...
Not that the loss of arcane magic affects me much, but it might lead to a witch-hunt, which could get a lot of innocent people killed. Besides that, refusing him is probably more dangerous than whatever inane quest he sends me on.
Aph looks at the deity trying to hide his contempt, "I'm listening."

Eric Scott
2012-04-04, 09:45 PM
Well... all I really need you to do is slow them down so that I can concoct a plan to finish them once and for all. I realize that this will probably involve your deaths... but, as incentive to do this for me I will give you a few trinkets... He rummages through a few pockets and then retrieves a small bag, he holds it out expecting one of you to take it. And, I shall give you more powerful object as you show me your worth... and with that the fog converges in on you all and then dissipates rather quickly... Boccob is no longer there.

Tegannie
2012-04-04, 10:38 PM
Brooke takes the bag Ooo, goodies froma god! I suppose I'll help, it sounds like a fun adventure. Plus we like magic, don't we Lillae? The rat squeaks an answer. Brooke opens the bag and pulls out what's inside. What'd we'd get?
Knowledge Arcana: [roll0]
Spellcraft: [roll1]

Eric Scott
2012-04-05, 06:43 AM
Brooke takes the bag Ooo, goodies froma god! I suppose I'll help, it sounds like a fun adventure. Plus we like magic, don't we Lillae? The rat squeaks an answer. Brooke opens the bag and pulls out what's inside. What'd we'd get?
Knowledge Arcana: [roll0]
Spellcraft: [roll1]

There is nothing in the bag...

stanleyindraven
2012-04-05, 07:25 AM
As the antimagic field lifts the man in browns transforms into a barbed plant creature (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=386762).

After the figure disappears, his form will revert to a human again.

"What, you mean he lied," Griply asks with mirth.

Morcleon
2012-04-05, 09:08 AM
Tenchi peered into the bag over Brooke's shoulder. "Could it be that the bag itself is the trinket? Or that said trinkets will come only when we need them?"

Tegannie
2012-04-05, 09:28 AM
Brooke pouts, again, tossing the bag to the person behind her. I dunno, whatever. Well, what now? I'm Brooke, by the way, and this is Lillae.

I want to stop by a shop before we do anything else. Apparently, I'm going to need a nonmagical weapon...maybe a crossbow.

Eric Scott
2012-04-05, 09:40 AM
The bag expands to the shape of a crossbow...

Tegannie
2012-04-05, 02:46 PM
Brooke grabs the bag, now crossbow-shaped, back, and inspects it. Neat! Anyone seen anything like this before?

Eric Scott
2012-04-05, 03:47 PM
Brooke grabs the bag, now crossbow, back, and inspects it. Neat! Anyone seen anything like this before?

The bag is not a crossbow... but, there is a crossbow in the bag.

Tegannie
2012-04-05, 03:52 PM
Lia pulls out the crossbow, looks in the bag for bolts.

Morcleon
2012-04-05, 04:47 PM
Tenchi chuckled. "What an interesting little device... I wonder what it's limits are. And you may call me Tenchi."

*After Brooke finishes with the bag*
If Tenchi had a face, one would no doubt have seen a wide, almost maniacal grin. He holds to bag up to his face. "It would be quite useful to have a teraport device on hand..."

Teraports can be found here (http://ovalkwiki.com/Teraport).

Eric Scott
2012-04-05, 05:43 PM
Lia pulls out the crossbow, looks in the bag for bolts.

There are no bolts in the bag...

Tegannie
2012-04-05, 06:46 PM
hmm, no bolts, I need bolts to use this now.

Eric Scott
2012-04-05, 07:33 PM
There is a rustling in the nearby bushes...

ChaoticBroth
2012-04-05, 07:41 PM
Jason was less worried about the contents of the bag, and considerably more concerned with the fact that he was in the middle of absolutely nowhere with a bunch of strangers. After looking around, and hearing several of his new team members squabbling over the bag that Boccob had given them. Sheathing his greatsword into the leather scabbard on his back, Jason turns to the rest of his new team, who were apparently having fun with their new toy.

"Are you all insane? Boccob summons us from whatever-the-hell we were doing, lets us know that arcane magic is being eliminated, and tells us that we're going to act as decoys until he figures out what to do. And here we are, in the middle of nowhere, with no clue as to where to go, and you're all playing around with that goddamn bag!"

Edit:

Here's my Spot and Listen checks from the OoC, just for reference.

Spot: (1d20+7)[11]
Listen: (1d20+12)[25]

Eric Scott
2012-04-05, 07:46 PM
There is a rustling in the bushes to the other side of you...

Morcleon
2012-04-05, 07:55 PM
Tenchi glances over at his aggravated companion and sighs. "Tch... Fine. We shall introduce ourselves after we figure out what is in those rustling bushes. It is possible that they could be hostile."

He forms a single hand sign, ready to cast at any hostile enemies, then turns back to his teammate. "And yes, I am quite insane, thank you very much." One could almost see the little heart doodle at the end of his speech...

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Readied action to cast Null Sphere at anyone who is hostile, which is if they attack any of us (including spellcasting/shaping and such). DC 26 Reflex negates against being trapped in a sphere of force. It's basically Resilient Sphere.

ChaoticBroth
2012-04-05, 08:03 PM
Jason turned around in the direction of the bushes, as he drew his greatsword with one arm.

Great. Just great. First Boccob, now this. Whoever decides to attack us now is going to have one hell of a time.

Instead of charging towards the bushes like a maniac, Jason drew in a deep breath and prepared his breath weapon, ready to strike with it if necessary.

Readied Action: Breath Weapon (Frost): 9d6 damage in a 40' cone. Reflex save (DC 20) for half damage. Jason will employ his breath weapon if anyone comes out of the bushes with the intent of attacking.

Eric Scott
2012-04-05, 08:15 PM
Two beasts that resemble great reptiles with a veritable forest of heads on long, slender necks come out of the two bushes. One breaths a cone of fire at a tree near the center of the group, the other breaths a cone of frost cold and snow to put out the flames...

ChaoticBroth
2012-04-05, 08:27 PM
Jason, upon seeing the beast, immediately knew that he had to use his breath weapon, opting to do so as quickly as he could react to one of the monster's heads had decided to breathe a blast of flame at the tree by the center of the group.

Rolling for damage, assuming that the monster is within the 40' cone.

[roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-04-05, 08:37 PM
Jason, upon seeing the beast, immediately knew that he had to use his breath weapon, opting to do so the precise moment that one of the monster's heads had decided to breathe a blast of flame at the tree by the center of the group.

Rolling for damage, assuming that the monster is within the 40' cone.

[roll0]

So... you Fus Roh Dah it... it is pain.

stanleyindraven
2012-04-05, 09:13 PM
The shape changer quickly reverts to the warbound Impaler again and stands ready.

Initiative [roll0]

eftexar
2012-04-05, 09:59 PM
Initiative[roll0]
Aph readies himself for battle again. "What a pain."

Tegannie
2012-04-05, 10:04 PM
Initiative:
Brooke:
[roll0]
Lillae:
[roll1]

Brooke, hearing the rustling, drops the bag, and, not thinking, loads the crossbow without a bolt. And aims at the monsters when it appears. It's been a while since I used one of these...
Firing at the one not in the force trap on my turn

Lillae, scurries to her normal battle position by Brooke.

Morcleon
2012-04-05, 10:14 PM
Turning to look at the new enemies, the orange-masked figure sighed. He did not need this. Not now. But he was ready. The instant they appeared, he whipped though five hand signs. Hazumiton: Null Sphere!

A translucent ball of glowing violet force erupts from a point above the cryohydra's body, curving down to capture its target.

This is my pre-combat readied action. DC 26 reflex negates being trapped in a sphere of force, which is inescapable for five rounds, I believe.

Also, initiative: [roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-04-05, 10:22 PM
Initiative:
Brooke:
[roll0]
Lillae:
[roll1]

Brooke, hearing the rustling, drops the bag, and, not thinking, loads the crossbow without a bolt. And aims at the monsters when it appears. It's been a while since I used one of these...
Firing at the one breathing cold on my turn

Lillae, scurries to her normal battle position by Brooke.

A bolt composed of light forms in the crossbow...

Turning to look at the new enemies, the orange-masked figure sighed. He did not need this. Not now. But he was ready. The instant they appeared, he whipped though five hand signs. Hazumiton: Null Sphere!

A translucent ball of glowing violet force erupts from a point above the cryohydra's body, curving down to capture its target.

This is my pre-combat readied action. DC 26 reflex negates being trapped in a sphere of force, which is inescapable for five rounds, I believe.

Also, initiative: [roll0]

Reflex:
[roll0]

Init:

[roll1]

[roll2]

The-Mage-King
2012-04-06, 12:28 AM
A suit of golden flames form upon the scholarly man, a blade and shield forming in his grasp. A single gesture forms a cushion of air around him.

Then he rushes the hydra, delivering a mighty strike to it.

Free: form sword, shield, and armor.

Swift: activate Baffling Winds, getting a 20% miss chance for 3 rounds.

Move: Close on the Hydra

Standard: Activate Humbling Brilliance

Attack roll: [roll0] against one of its necks. How many are there?

Damage: [roll1]. 1/2th of that is fire, but since I made all my gear out of the spellshape attack, I deal half damage to creatures that are immune. So I deal 3/4ths that result in damage. And the Hydra needs to make a DC 20 Will save or be flat-footed for 3 rounds.

So, total damage dealt is 21.

Eric Scott
2012-04-06, 12:38 AM
A suit of golden flames form upon the scholarly man, a blade and shield forming in his grasp. A single gesture forms a cushion of air around him.

Then he rushes the hydra, delivering a mighty strike to it.

Free: form sword, shield, and armor.

Swift: activate Baffling Winds, getting a 20% miss chance for 3 rounds.

Move: Close on the Hydra

Standard: Activate Humbling Brilliance

Attack roll: [roll0] against one of its necks. How many are there?

Damage: [roll1]. 1/2th of that is fire, but since I made all my gear out of the spellshape attack, I deal half damage to creatures that are immune. So I deal 3/4ths that result in damage. And the Hydra needs to make a DC 20 Will save or be flat-footed for 3 rounds.

So, total damage dealt is 21.

Both are 12 headed Hydra. With that amount of damage you sever a head off.

eftexar
2012-04-06, 12:45 AM
Going to get the craft roll for shadowcraft out of the way first before posting my actions here. [roll0] ... ack another bad roll, why a 2
Shadowcraft is a swift action, expending carpet of shadows to use it (and failing). Picking up an item is a standard action right?

Failing to use shadowcraft Aph walks over near Brooke, careful to stay out of the hydra's reach, sighing, "I think I need this." and picks it up.

Eric Scott
2012-04-06, 08:22 AM
Going to get the craft roll for shadowcraft out of the way first before posting my actions here. [roll0] ... ack another bad roll, why a 2
Shadowcraft is a swift action, expending carpet of shadows to use it (and failing). Picking up an item is a standard action right?

Failing to use shadowcraft Aph walks over near Brooke, careful to stay out of the hydra's reach, sighing, "I think I need this." and picks it up.

You pick up the bag?

ChaoticBroth
2012-04-06, 08:49 AM
(On my turn)

A pair of silver wings materialized on Jason's back, seamlessly flowing into his armor and cape. The powerful wing muscles stretched, and with a quick burst, Jason leaped forwards, bringing his frost-coated greatsword down in three sweeping arcs as he approached the hydra.

This just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it? At least this hydra is something I can fight. Time to show these people how you kill one of these damn hydras.

I'm going to be doing a more-or-less standard Leap Attack with Heedless Charge, following up with Pounce.

8 attack traded for Power Attack, which is substituted by 8 AC traded via Heedless Charge. Damage bonus is +24 (8 x (2[two-handed PA]+1[Leap Attack])

Current AC: 15 (25 - 8 (Heedless Charge) - 2 (charge penalty)

Jump Check: [roll0]. DC20 required for the 10' Jump, since Jason lacks the 20' running start

I'm rolling three attacks here for convenience sake. If they don't hit, then that's that.

First attack: [roll1]
Second attack: [roll2]
Third attack: [roll3]

Bonus to damage is 37 (+12 base, +24 from Power Attack, +1 from Gloryborn weapon template)

Damage Rolls:
[roll4] + [roll5]
[roll6] + [roll7]
[roll8] + [roll9]

Note: The bonus 6d6 is dealt in cold damage.

Eric Scott
2012-04-06, 11:12 AM
Brooke fires the bolt... it is drawn to the pyro-hydra... the bolt hits the beast in the body.

Eric Scott
2012-04-06, 11:15 AM
Damage:
[roll0]
[roll1]

The beast reels back in pain, its right fore limb now in cased in ice.

It is eftexar's turn now.

eftexar
2012-04-06, 02:48 PM
Why isn't my shadowcraft working today? It usually isn't this hard to do. Lets see if Boccobs bag will work again... Aph mutter something about needing a dagger to the bag and reaches in hoping he gets lucky.
If he does, he is going to make an attack with said dagger at one of the hydra's heads.
attack roll 1d20 +16, damage roll 1d4 + 7
If not he's going to punch it...
Sorry guys if my checks weren't so abysmal. attack roll 1d20 +12, damage roll 1d3 + 7

Eric Scott
2012-04-06, 03:28 PM
You find a dagger, it is warm to the touch but looks to be made of ice. There is also a button on the handle...

Your rolls didn't work so, I'm not sure if you hit...

Eric Scott
2012-04-06, 05:17 PM
Morcleon's turn...

Morcleon
2012-04-06, 06:26 PM
Turning to the pyrohydra, Tenchi begins forming hand seals, a hazy starlight coalescing around him. The light glimmers for an instant before ripping through the air at the beast. Sutaton: Baleful Portent!

Once his shot was fired, Tenchi crouches down for a moment before launching into the sky, hovering about 40 feet in the air.

Baleful Portent is a DC 27 Will negates having a 50% chance to be able to act each turn for 4 rounds.

Starsurge Touch Attack: [roll0]
Starsurge Damage: [roll1]*0.75=23

Half damage is cold, half is fire.

Formula List:
Arc Trail
Lunatic Delusion
Baleful Portent
Starlit Void
Recursive Blast
Null Sphere
Cleansing Water
Glimpse of the Unthinkable
Lesser Cyclone
Delaying Blast
Patina of Rust

Eric Scott
2012-04-06, 07:24 PM
Turning to the pyrohydra, Tenchi begins forming hand seals, a hazy starlight coalescing around him. The light glimmers for an instant before ripping through the air at the beast. Hoshi ton: Baleful Portent!

Once his shot was fired, Tenchi crouches down for a moment before launching into the sky, hovering about 40 feet in the air.

Baleful Portent is a DC 27 Will negates having a 50% chance to be able to act each turn for 4 rounds.

Starsurge Damage: [roll1]*0.75=23

Half damage is cold, half is fire.

Formula List:
Arc Trail
Lunatic Delusion
Baleful Portent
Starlit Void
Recursive Blast
Null Sphere
Cleansing Water
Lesser Cyclone
Delaying Blast
Patina of Rust

And that is pain...

The Hydra breaths cones of Fire from all of its remaining heads, Everyone make reflex saves (DC: 25).

Then it is stanleyindraven's turn...

Eric Scott
2012-04-06, 09:48 PM
Only mercleon made the save...

Everyone takes:
[roll0]

Except, mercleon only takes half...

Eric Scott
2012-04-07, 11:09 PM
It is currently the groups turn...

Morcleon
2012-04-08, 06:07 PM
*****After stanley*****

Tenchi glances down at the hydra, then looks at his allies, then looks back to the hydra. Hn. I suppose it's time to end this... Tsukiton: Glimpse of the Unthinkable!

With a single hand sign and a sweep of his arm, a glowing flare of moonlight shoots towards the pyrohydra.

DC 24 Will save or take 1d4 points of Int damage.

Moonflare Touch Attack: [roll0]
Moonflare Damage: [roll1]*1.25= 28
Int damage: [roll2]

Half damage is cold, half is untyped.

HP: 140/147

Formula List:
Arc Trail
Lunatic Delusion
Baleful Portent
Starlit Void
Recursive Blast
Null Sphere
Cleansing Water
Lesser Cyclone
Delaying Blast
Patina of Rust

Eric Scott
2012-04-08, 08:11 PM
The pyrohydra explodes into a shower of coins...

stanleyindraven
2012-04-09, 07:13 AM
Thorn Volley on Cryohydra [roll0] Reflex DC 22 for half.

Serge the Smilodon will attempt to pounce it.

Attack1: [roll1] Damage[roll2]
Attack2: [roll3] Damage [roll4]

If both hit Rake Damage [roll5]

Eric Scott
2012-04-09, 11:27 AM
Thorn Volley on Cryohydra [roll0] Reflex DC 22 for half.

Serge the Smilodon will attempt to pounce it.

Attack1: [roll1] Damage[roll2]
Attack2: [roll3] Damage [roll4]

If both hit Rake Damage [roll5]

So, the cryohydra is in pain...

eftexar
2012-04-09, 07:27 PM
Aph gets into position and readies his newfound dagger for an attack against the other hydra for when it emerges.
Here's my attack roll [roll0], and the dagger [roll1] plus whatever effect the dagger has if any

The-Mage-King
2012-04-09, 08:17 PM
"Hm. I believe a different approach may be needed." Ewan says, his armor and shield changing to a steelish grey color as the sword fades.

Free: Change armor and shield to Unseen Impetus from Dawnfire, lose the sword.

Swift: Change readied maneuvers.

Standard: Ready to use Humbling Brilliance when the effect wears off.

Keegan__D
2012-04-10, 01:58 AM
For three days, Crash hovered up slowly as he used his hands and horns to dig a path to the surface. He would dig a hole to the side to rest when necessary, though it wasn't frequent.

From the ground itself bursts a huge (literally) humanoid, letting out a booming scream of joy. The rush of fresh air was exhilarating, and the sight of color was one of the greatest sights. Though he had been to the surface, it was long ago. Crash had forgotten what its treasures were.
His chest is bare but the markings of a goliath, and his dark pants are ripped. Atop his head rests a horned helmet which could cover the top half of an average human.

Crash climbs out of his hole and takes a look around. "Surface prey!" he says, looking at the hydras. He draws his greatsword and stretches his arms back before entering the fray.

Not sure when my turn is (Initiative was 17 in the OoC).
Move action to get up and another to draw the weapon.

I'm going to place myself about 50ft away from the hydras and on the opposite side as the party.
Again, sorry for the late entry. I normally post frequently.

Morcleon
2012-04-11, 07:03 AM
Tenchi raises an eyebrow at the hydra-turned-pile-of-coins. How very interesting...

He watches as the force globe begins to waver, flickering in and out of existence. Readying himself to strike, he forms a single hand seal, waiting for the opportune moment. The null sphere falls. Sutaton: Starlit Void!

Starlit Void forces a DC 26 Will save or become blinded, deafened, and negates blindsense, blindsight, tremorsense and scent abilities.

Starsurge Damage: [roll1]*0.75=38

Starsurge is half cold, half fire damage.

HP: 144/147

Formula List:
Arc Trail
Lunatic Delusion
Baleful Portent
Starlit Void
Recursive Blast
Null Sphere
Cleansing Water
Lesser Cyclone
Delaying Blast
Patina of Rust

Eric Scott
2012-04-11, 07:38 AM
Aph gets into position and readies his newfound dagger for an attack against the other hydra for when it emerges.
Here's my attack roll [roll0], and the dagger [roll1] plus whatever effect the dagger has if any

You hit... as the dagger explodes in a most magnificent manor... doing an additional [roll0] points of untyped damage to you and the Hydra.

Tenchi raises an eyebrow at the hydra-turned-pile-of-coins. How very interesting...

He watches as the force globe begins to waver, flickering in and out of existence. Readying himself to strike, he forms a single hand seal, waiting for the opportune moment. The null sphere falls. Sutaton: Starlit Void!

Starlit Void forces a DC 26 Will save or become blinded, deafened, and negates blindsense, blindsight, tremorsense and scent abilities.

Starsurge Damage: [roll1]*0.75=38

Starsurge is half cold, half fire damage.

HP: 144/147

Formula List:
Arc Trail
Lunatic Delusion
Baleful Portent
Starlit Void
Recursive Blast
Null Sphere
Cleansing Water
Lesser Cyclone
Delaying Blast
Patina of Rust

The Hydra is knocked prone...

Eric Scott
2012-04-11, 10:47 AM
Crap. Sorry I forgot to roll attack and damage rolls.

Attack: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

Again, it'll need to make a DC20 save or be flat footed for 3 rounds.

It is prone... it is dead...it also, becomes a pile of coins...

Everyone lvls up!

eftexar
2012-04-11, 05:51 PM
Taking a moment to recover from the exploded dagger and getting ready to recover his mysteries, Aph turns to his new-found allies. He is clearly unhappy with the situation and doesn't seem too happy with the people he is stuck with.
"Well I guess we should try introductions again. I go by Aph."

Keegan__D
2012-04-12, 06:42 AM
"Aww, I wanted to get 'em too." Crash put away his sword and made his way over to the group of people. "Hello there. My name is Crash. You are surface adventurers, correct?"

stanleyindraven
2012-04-12, 07:22 AM
"I guess you could call it that," Griply says as he shakes off his transformation. "Griply Humbart, friend of nature and shape changer extraordinaire. Anyone need healing," he says as he looks at Aph.

eftexar
2012-04-12, 02:54 PM
Aph answers Griply, mumbling,"Not really," trying to ignore the wound in his arm.
Who am I kidding? This does sort of hurt. And why am I sulking. After a moment of delay, he changes his mind, "I guess."

Morcleon
2012-04-13, 07:42 AM
Tenchi bows. "I am Tenchi, of the Fumetsu clan. I specialize in the arts of arcane destruction."

He tilts his head to the side, one hand across his body, the other supporting his chin in a pose of thinking. "I wonder where we are..."

Uses my Know Direction and Location (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/knowDirectionandLocation.htm).

stanleyindraven
2012-04-13, 08:35 AM
"Hold for a moment and let me check your wounds," Griply replies to Aph.

Heal Check [roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-04-13, 09:23 AM
Tenchi bows. "I am Tenchi, of the Fumetsu clan. I specialize in the arts of arcane destruction."

He tilts his head to the side, one hand across his body, the other supporting his chin in a pose of thinking. "I wonder where we are..."

Uses my Know Direction and Location (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/knowDirectionandLocation.htm).

You are in the Lost Woods...

"Hold for a moment and let me check your wounds," Griply replies to Aph.

Heal Check [roll0]

He is healed.

ChaoticBroth
2012-04-13, 01:07 PM
Jason stared at the piles of coins that the two hydras had turned into. Truth be told, he was rather disappointed that he didn't get to fight the other hydra, but it really didn't matter now. His wings disappeared with a blur, and Jason sheathed his greatsword before turning to the others, who were introducing themselves.

"Jason Frosthand, disciple of the Silver Dragons of the Westward Wall. And I'd greatly appreciate it if you could heal me. The burns aren't too bad, but I'll be damned if they aren't bothersome."

stanleyindraven
2012-04-13, 01:21 PM
Griply turns to Jason and assesses his wounds.

Heal [roll0]

stanleyindraven
2012-04-13, 01:25 PM

Heal [roll0]

sorry for double post

Eric Scott
2012-04-13, 02:29 PM

Heal [roll0]

He is fully healed as well...

stanleyindraven
2012-04-13, 03:05 PM
Trying to break the 4th page!

Eric Scott
2012-04-14, 11:26 AM
So, what are you going to do now?

stanleyindraven
2012-04-14, 12:22 PM
"Well, what is the coin count. It should make for a good start to our new task. Can't expect a god to bankroll everything," Griply says as he looks at the piles of coins.

The-Mage-King
2012-04-14, 01:32 PM
"Ah, introductions, was it? I'm Professor Ewan Keegan, lecturer of supernatural biology at Atilersberg's Arcane University. Pleased to meet you." Ewan says, adjusting his glasses as his armor, shield, and weapon fade.

Eric Scott
2012-04-14, 04:03 PM
"Well, what is the coin count. It should make for a good start to our new task. Can't expect a god to bankroll everything," Griply says as he looks at the piles of coins.

There is 25718gp from the Pyrohydra, and 61283gp from the Cryohydra.

Morcleon
2012-04-15, 11:10 AM
"A... decent amount of money from our first challenge." Tenchi nodded, splitting the money into six almost equal piles. "From my calculations, each of us gets 13333 coins."

Standing up, he stretches, popping several joints. "Now that that issue is dealt with, I have ascertained that we are in the Lost Woods. Our first goal is to find out who is behind these arcane purges. I suggest leaving these woods and finding a city. Perhaps we can find a rumor or two in a more... populated area."

eftexar
2012-04-15, 03:11 PM
Taking his money, Aph takes a quick look at his surroundings. "I don't suppose anyone knows which direction that is." His gaze settles on the tiger, "Griply can your friend here catch the scent of anything downwind?"

The-Mage-King
2012-04-15, 03:33 PM
"...Have you given thought to the sheer weight of that?" Ewan asks, looking at his part of the treasure.

"Even with the generous estimate of 50 gp to a pound, this here would weigh almost two hundred and seventy pounds." He continues, tapping the treasure in front of him.

"You'll all need some way to carry your shares." He finishes, reaching into his haversack and withdrawing a talisman, which he clips onto his neck.

With a gesture, a disk of energy appears next to him, and he takes a sack out of his bag and begins loading gold onto it.

eftexar
2012-04-15, 06:44 PM
Partway through picking up his money he heard Ewan and stopped. He's got a point. The weight is not so much a problem, as something to actually carry it in..."You wouldn't happen to have an extra sack would you?"

The-Mage-King
2012-04-15, 07:11 PM
"Two more, in fact." Ewan returns, producing a second sack from the bag and handing it to Aph.

"See, this is why you need to research before setting out to adventure. I looked around for the best adventure gear, and found this haversack being sold at a magic store in Atilersberg. Haven't regretted it yet."

ChaoticBroth
2012-04-15, 09:08 PM
Jason raised his eyebrow at Ewan's backpack. Generally speaking, it was more-or-less identical to the one he had. The appearance looked practically the same, except that Jason had to replace a few of the straps and buckles on his. "Well, it's good to see that someone else decided to grab a backpack capable of storing quite a bit of stuff," he said, removing his backpack from his back, and looking through the contents.

"Well, truth be told, I actually don't have much in here. Really, there's only my decanter and some Hearthfire. At least there's plenty of room for gold."

Almost immediately, Jason walked over to his pile of gold and began filling his haversack with it. Once he was done, he glanced over at the others. "So, I'm assuming that we have some sort of magical way to get out of here?"

Morcleon
2012-04-15, 09:32 PM
Chuckling a bit, Tenchi began placing his share of the gold into a similar pack formerly obscured by his cloak. "How ironic that so many people have the same extradimensional storage container."

Turning at Jason's question, he frowns. "I myself can fly, although that's rather useless if I don't know where our destination is. Does anyone else have a form of long-range teleportation, or at least a way to find a way out of this forest?"

stanleyindraven
2012-04-16, 07:37 AM
"I believe I can shine some light on this situation, though may I ask that I borrow your last free sack until we get to a better location that I may then return it," Griply says to the professor.

If the professor agrees he will fill the sack with gold, then become an eagle (wildshape2 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=388917)) and fly into the sky to search for a town.

If not he will simply shrug, then turn into an eagle (wildshape2 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=388917)) and fly into the sky looking for a town.

Search [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

The-Mage-King
2012-04-16, 07:56 AM
"Of course," Ewan says, taking the third sack and handing it to Griply, before turning to Tenchi.

"So. A Masked One." He says, looking over the man. "I've heard of your race before, but haven't had the pleasure of meeting one."

Eric Scott
2012-04-16, 10:47 AM
"I believe I can shine some light on this situation, though may I ask that I borrow your last free sack until we get to a better location that I may then return it," Griply says to the professor.

If the professor agrees he will fill the sack with gold, then become an eagle (wildshape2 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=388917)) and fly into the sky to search for a town.

If not he will simply shrug, then turn into an eagle (wildshape2 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=388917)) and fly into the sky looking for a town.

Search [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

You can see a city 30 miles away to the east...

stanleyindraven
2012-04-16, 11:55 AM
Griply will land on the sabre-toothed tiger and urge it to roar and walk east.

Morcleon
2012-04-16, 06:37 PM
Looking back at Ewan, Tenchi nods. "Back in my day, our kind was relatively rare in this world. I suspect that has not changed in my absence."

Upon seeing the druid ride off, Tenchi smirks and drifts after him, merely a foot off the ground. "If I am not mistaken, I believe our shapechanging friend here has found us a route to a city of some sort. Come, we we should follow."

eftexar
2012-04-16, 10:19 PM
Wonderful, I'm being lectured by four-eyes. At least Tenchi's plan wasn't to carry us. Taking the bag Aph follows everyone, hanging at the back.
And as a note to myself for the medium load: -3 check penalty, -3 dodge to AC, -10ft

Keegan__D
2012-04-17, 05:49 AM
Crash began walking along with the group of adventurers, passing the sixth pile of gold. He had not been in a city for months, and relishes the opportunity to see one on the surface again. As they walk along, he asks Why did you leave all that gold back there?

Morcleon
2012-04-17, 07:11 AM
Raising an eyebrow at Crash's question, Tenchi turns to face him, all the while floating along with the party. "I believe all that gold is your share of the treasure. Of course, if you don't want it, we'll take it."

The-Mage-King
2012-04-18, 01:17 AM
"Indeed. You did assist in slaying the second hydra, after all." Ewan says, looking to Crash. "Of course, I'd be happy to take it off of your hands. I always have need of money to buy supplies to enhance weapons."

"At any rate," He continues, turning to Tenchi. "I noticed that you were using abilities not dissimilar to my own. Care to share notes about the Art?"

Keegan__D
2012-04-18, 01:27 AM
Crash is is taken aback by the responses. Why would I have a share? I didn't even get a chance to hit the things. he replies. What a silly group of people. There was no kindness like this in the underdark, and none like it when I was last on the surface. They seem interested in having the money, so they aren't rich. Maybe they were threatened by me. He ponders the strange behavior as he witnesses it.

I did take the level though.

eftexar
2012-04-18, 10:18 PM
I guess I need to work with these people, so I'll have to be sociable. Regardless we need to figure out how best to find those mageslayers. But if I run into my old 'friend', they might get in the way...
Completely ignoring Crash and moving quickly to catch up with Ewan and Tenchi, Aph un-apologetically interrupts the beginnings of their conversation, "Sorry to interrupt, but we need to figure out how we plan to find this group our... friend... seems unable to find. Just asking around about this group of mage-slayers could be dangerous and could give away our only advantage. Keegan, you wouldn't happen to have any contacts from your university who might have heard about this sort of thing, would you?"

stanleyindraven
2012-04-19, 06:36 AM
After Griply is sure the others know the way to travel he will take to the air and scout, about 20ft above the tree tops.

Eric Scott
2012-04-19, 07:19 AM
After Griply is sure the others know the way to travel he will take to the air and scout, about 20ft above the tree tops.

You can see the city very well from up there... you can see a large tower in the middle of the city... it appears to be floating 60 ft above the ground.

Eric Scott
2012-04-20, 11:28 AM
On the assumption no one wants to do anything before entering the city...

As you enter the city, people stare... there are many thing to do in the city... (and since all of my games are sandboxes, you say what you want to do and I'll make it happen.)

What do you do?

stanleyindraven
2012-04-20, 11:46 AM
As the party reaches the city Griply will decend and land on the tiger again. They will then watch what the others choose to do, while looking for a magic shop.

Eric Scott
2012-04-20, 06:07 PM
As the party reaches the city Griply will decend and land on the tiger again. They will then watch what the others choose to do, while looking for a magic shop.

There is a Magic Shop in the city... it is 30 feet down the street to the left.

stanleyindraven
2012-04-20, 09:01 PM
Griply and the tiger will stop at the store and wait to see what the others do.

The-Mage-King
2012-04-20, 10:22 PM
I guess I need to work with these people, so I'll have to be sociable. Regardless we need to figure out how best to find those mageslayers. But if I run into my old 'friend', they might get in the way...
Completely ignoring Crash and moving quickly to catch up with Ewan and Tenchi, Aph un-apologetically interrupts the beginnings of their conversation, "Sorry to interrupt, but we need to figure out how we plan to find this group our... friend... seems unable to find. Just asking around about this group of mage-slayers could be dangerous and could give away our only advantage. Keegan, you wouldn't happen to have any contacts from your university who might have heard about this sort of thing, would you?"

"Hm. I might know a person or two who's heard of this. I am unsure, though." Ewan returns, glancing to the man.

When the group arrives at the city, he splits off, looking for a jewler's, to change the heavy gold for gems.

Eric Scott
2012-04-20, 11:10 PM
"Hm. I might know a person or two who's heard of this. I am unsure, though." Ewan returns, glancing to the man.

When the group arrives at the city, he splits off, looking for a jewler's, to change the heavy gold for gems.

There is a Jeweler's in the. Middle of town...

Morcleon
2012-04-20, 11:41 PM
Seeing the logic behind Ewan's actions, Tenchi follows him to the jewelers', exchanging the vast majority of his pile of good coins for gemstones of various colors and values. Upon finishing this transaction, Tenchi travels back to the magic shop.

After quite a bit of though, he turns to Ewan. " Well, art is actually quite an apt description. Each piece of magic is carefully formed, uniquely grown from the energy that surrounds us. And in a single moment, the magic shows us something truly beautiful, with but one flash that captures all your attention for the briefest of moments. This is art."

eftexar
2012-04-21, 01:07 AM
Aph searches the various magical wares of the city, looking for the Shroud of the Night. If he finds it, then he will buy it.
-10,160 gp if he can.

Then, noticing the others buying gems, he will do the same with his remaining gold.

Eric Scott
2012-04-21, 10:15 AM
Aph searches the various magical wares of the city, looking for the Shroud of the Night. If he finds it, then he will buy it.
-10,160 gp if he can.

Then, noticing the others buying gems, he will do the same with his remaining gold.

It takes a bit of looking about but, you end up finding one.

Keegan__D
2012-04-22, 08:14 AM
Before entering the city, Crash takes off his boots (putting them in his bag of holding), reducing in size to only about thirteen feet tall. Still easily bigger than everyone in town, he wanders through, looking for an alchemist shop for some cure potions.

Eric Scott
2012-04-22, 07:02 PM
Before entering the city, Crash takes off his boots (putting them in his bag of holding), reducing in size to only about thirteen feet tall. Still easily bigger than everyone in town, he wanders through, looking for an alchemist shop for some cure potions.

There is one just next to the magic shop.

Morcleon
2012-04-23, 07:09 AM
Looking around the magic store, Tenchi wanders around, searching for a +1 Empowering Lamen.

Cost: 12000

After purchase, it will be refluffed as my mask.

stanleyindraven
2012-04-23, 07:20 AM
As he watches the others go to lighten their loads, he will shift into human form and walk into the magic shop. He then looks for the magical rings, a ring of protection (+3) to be specific.

Eric Scott
2012-04-23, 08:30 AM
Looking around the magic store, Tenchi wanders around, searching for a +1 Empowering Lamen.

Cost: 12000

After purchase, it will be refluffed as my mask.

They have a few of them... they are on sale, 1% off.

As he watches the others go to lighten their loads, he will shift into human form and walk into the magic shop. He then looks for the magical rings, a ring of protection (+3) to be specific.

They don't have any Rings of Protection +3... although, they have a plethora of Ring of Protection +5... because of the excess, they're being sold for 18000gp each.

stanleyindraven
2012-04-23, 09:56 AM
I will put the bag of gold on the counter and add in the extra that wasnt in the sack. "Thank you for the ring, I will make sure to send anyone else looking for such wares in your direction," he says to the shopkeep as he walks out the door.

Morcleon
2012-04-25, 07:42 AM
Tenchi gives a nod of thanks as he places the gold upon the counter for his item. However, upon seeing the large discount on the Rings of Protection +5, Tenchi walks up to a conveniently placed service counter. "Excuse me, would it be possible for me to obtain a loan of 19750 gp for the purchase of one of your many Rings of Protection and for the cost of combining it with one of my own rings?"

The-Mage-King
2012-04-25, 08:32 AM
"Yes, the sudden fleeting spark of power can be the most artisitic part of magic, though I greatly prefer the theory behind it and preperations of spells." Ewan returns as the two spellshapers enter the store.

"Good sir, do you happen to have a Belt of Battle?" He asks the storekeeper. "That or a Headband of Intellect of considerable power?"

"If you have the former, excellent. I'd like to purchase it with the added enhancement of a Healing Belt. If you have the latter, I'll take it. If you have both, I'd prefer the Headband."

"I would also like to open negotiations for supplying a few Lamens to you. If you are interested, I can provide a sample item or two in two days, if you're interested."

Eric Scott
2012-04-25, 12:25 PM
Tenchi gives a nod of thanks as he places the gold upon the counter for his item. However, upon seeing the large discount on the Rings of Protection +5, Tenchi walks up to a conveniently placed service counter. "Excuse me, would it be possible for me to obtain a loan of 19750 gp for the purchase of one of your many Rings of Protection and for the cost of combining it with one of my own rings?"

Yes... that seems quite reasonable.

"Yes, the sudden fleeting spark of power can be the most artisitic part of magic, though I greatly prefer the theory behind it and preperations of spells." Ewan returns as the two spellshapers enter the store.

"Good sir, do you happen to have a Belt of Battle?" He asks the storekeeper. "That or a Headband of Intellect of considerable power?"

"If you have the former, excellent. I'd like to purchase it with the added enhancement of a Healing Belt. If you have the latter, I'll take it. If you have both, I'd prefer the Headband."

"I would also like to open negotiations for supplying a few Lamens to you. If you are interested, I can provide a sample item or two in two days, if you're interested."

Ah... yes... we have one Headband. As for the Lamens... yes, that sounds great, we don't get many magic items here any more except for the rings...

Keegan__D
2012-04-27, 10:47 AM
When Crash finds the potion (Cure Light Wounds) he was looking for, he gathers up as many as there are and takes them up front. How many more of these do you have?

Eric Scott
2012-04-27, 11:42 PM
When Crash finds the potion (Cure Light Wounds) he was looking for, he gathers up as many as there are and takes them up front. How many more of these do you have?

You want more? Well, your going to have to wait a little bit for more as our residence Mage is currently... not here.

Morcleon
2012-04-28, 03:26 PM
Hearing the slight hesitation in the vender's words, Tenchi walks over casually, gesturing to the potions in Crash's possession. "Heh... glad to see someone has some sense to get emergency healing."

With a slight pause, as if realizing something, he turns to the vender. "What exactly do you mean by the fact that your mage is 'not here?'"

eftexar
2012-04-28, 05:45 PM
After wandering around for a while looking for the others Aph walks into the magic store, just in time to hear Tenchi asking about the Mage.
A mage is missing... It seems like we found our lead already. I suppose that saves a trip to Ewan's university.
Aph settles in the corner of the store, leaning against a wall and looking as shady as ever. His gaze settles on the shopkeeper.

Eric Scott
2012-04-28, 08:33 PM
Hearing the slight hesitation in the vender's words, Tenchi walks over casually, gesturing to the potions in Crash's possession. "Heh... glad to see someone has some sense to get emergency healing."

With a slight pause, as if realizing something, he turns to the vender. "What exactly do you mean by the fact that your mage is 'not here?'"

Well... a fortnight ago he went out looking for materials for his spells. But, while he was gone a group came along and said they needed to question him about something so, I pointed them in the direction he went. Usually he isn't gone for more than a week at a time... it's kind of annoying... especially since he is one of the few mages of this city.

Keegan__D
2012-04-29, 07:19 PM
'Dot', 'dot', 'dot', not here? Crash makes little air quotes as he speaks and brings a giant fist hard on the table after. UNACCEPTABLE! Casually, he starts filling his bag of holding with the potions. When will he be back?

How many potions were out?

eftexar
2012-04-29, 07:19 PM
We can assume the mage is already dead if it is the group we are looking for, but I probably shouldn't say anything. That and as long as we keep our 'investigation' low key we still have the edge of surprise. It seems like the hunter's will soon become the hunted.
Aph approaches the shopkeeper with a grim look on his face, "I don't suppose you could send us in the same direction you sent them could you?"

Eric Scott
2012-04-29, 08:28 PM
'Dot', 'dot', 'dot', not here? Crash makes little air quotes as he speaks and brings a giant fist hard on the table after. UNACCEPTABLE! Casually, he starts filling his bag of holding with the potions. When will he be back?

How many potions were out?

I would hope he will return soon...

There were 50 potions.

We can assume the mage is already dead if it is the group we are looking for, but I probably shouldn't say anything. That and as long as we keep our 'investigation' low key we still have the edge of surprise. It seems like the hunter's will soon become the hunted.
Aph approaches the shopkeeper with a grim look on his face, "I don't suppose you could send us in the same direction you sent them could you?"

I could send you in the direction he when... But, may I ask why YOU want to go after him?

Morcleon
2012-04-29, 11:55 PM
Tenchi sighed at the vender. "We're adventurers. We want magic items. Your mage is missing. Connect the dots."

"I'll gather the others. It looks like we've got ourselves a searching mission." He nods to Aph, before walking to find and inform the other four.

Eric Scott
2012-04-30, 07:19 AM
Tenchi sighed at the vender. "We're adventurers. We want magic items. Your mage is missing. Connect the dots."

"I'll gather the others. It looks like we've got ourselves a searching mission." He nods to Aph, before walking to find and inform the other four.

He headed off to the Northwest... I think he was going to collect some white dragon piss...

stanleyindraven
2012-04-30, 07:25 AM
"This does not bode well, they are very close. It seems our patron has decided to thrust us upon them," Griply will say to his companions as they leave the shop.

Keegan__D
2012-04-30, 02:27 PM
Very well. Crash walks out of the store without dropping a single gold on the counter. No mage in the shop means no complications with stealing.

eftexar
2012-04-30, 06:35 PM
Aph yells after Crash as he leaves, "Did you forget to pay for those?" Of course not... I'll have to keep an eye on that one. He's not trustworthy.

If Crash doesn't return: Aph will turn to the shopkeeper, sigh, and ask, "How much did those cost?"

Eric Scott
2012-05-01, 06:46 AM
Very well. Crash walks out of the store without dropping a single gold on the counter. No mage in the shop means no complications with stealing.

You present a valid point...

Aph yells after Crash as he leaves, "Did you forget to pay for those?" Of course not... I'll have to keep an eye on that one. He's not trustworthy.

If Crash doesn't return: Aph will turn to the shopkeeper, sigh, and ask, "How much did those cost?"

The shopkeeper never did asked for money for the potions... but, if you insist on paying... That was 2500gp worth of merchandise...

Morcleon
2012-05-03, 06:58 AM
Seeing his entire group outside the shop, Tenchi smiled. Finally. We have a lead. "It seems we have all we need from this shop. Let us head northwest, and search for our missing mage. He sets of toward the northwest, flying above the group.

Keegan__D
2012-05-04, 12:15 PM
Crash pays no mind to Aph's good deed, and steps outside. The potion shop keeper said the mage would be back in a while.

eftexar
2012-05-04, 06:35 PM
Aph says apologetically to the shopkeeper, "Sorry I don't have gold," and hands the shopkeeper 2500gp in gems.
Aph is the final one to walk out of the store, looking thoroughly unhappy.
Normally I would start a fight, but I'm not sure if I can handle him alone, nor is it a great idea to make someone you have to travel with angry with you. I can already tell I'm going to hate this trip.
-reminder to self to remove gems from sheet later-

Keegan__D
2012-05-15, 07:27 PM
Well, what are we waiting for? Maybe great beasts kidnapped him! I can't miss out on another good fight. Crash makes a jump for excitement and begins walking North West.

Survival check to discern North: [roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-05-16, 08:31 AM
Well, what are we waiting for? Maybe great beasts kidnapped him! I can't miss out on another good fight. Crash makes a jump for excitement and begins walking North West.

Survival check to discern North: [roll0]

Hurray! You know which direction is north... as you venture off into the woods you can plainly see that some of the trees have large scratches in them.

Morcleon
2012-05-16, 08:46 AM
Tenchi stares at the gouges and chuckles. "At least we know which way to go..."

He continues to follow the trail of scratches until something interesting happens.

stanleyindraven
2012-05-16, 09:04 AM
Griply will follow on foot in human form beside his tiger.

Eric Scott
2012-05-16, 11:48 AM
You follow the gouges in the trees to a clearing... where you can see 4 large grey beasts ripping apart a corpse.

Keegan__D
2012-05-18, 07:17 PM
We found him! A large smile spreads across Crash's face as he looks at his new companions in excitement.

Initiative: [roll0] (you have it wrong in the opening post)
Also, I forgot to mention it, but would it be alright if Crash had put the boots back on while walking? If not, ad 1 to that, since they lower his Dex by 1.

Morcleon
2012-05-19, 05:58 AM
Tenchi sighs. "Even if we have, it looks like we're a bit too late."

He crouches slightly before allowing his magical energies to lift him slowly to the beasts. I see no point in fighting if we can merely convince them to let us pass."

Charm Monster time! :D If/when I do manage this, how much control will I have over them (full control, or just highly trusted)?

Eric Scott
2012-05-19, 12:40 PM
Tenchi sighs. "Even if we have, it looks like we're a bit too late."

He crouches slightly before allowing his magical energies to lift him slowly to the beasts. I see no point in fighting if we can merely convince them to let us pass."

Charm Monster time! :D If/when I do manage this, how much control will I have over them (full control, or just highly trusted)?

If you succeed they will be very trusting of you.

Morcleon
2012-05-25, 07:35 PM
Tenchi stares at the four beasts, watching their actions. Curious... grey renders generally don't travel in packs... I wonder what could have caused them to do this...? He pauses for a second, before tilting his head to the side and letting out his breath. Or they could just be eating from the same corpse...

"Tch... It doesn't really matter, does it?" He mutters softly. "They'll all be Charmed shortly. Tenchi holds his palm out toward the closest render and speaks a few Words of power.

DC 26 Will to avoid being Charmed. I'm pretty sure it's an automatic fail...

Eric Scott
2012-05-27, 01:12 PM
Tenchi stares at the four beasts, watching their actions. Curious... grey renders generally don't travel in packs... I wonder what could have caused them to do this...? He pauses for a second, before tilting his head to the side and letting out his breath. Or they could just be eating from the same corpse...

"Tch... It doesn't really matter, does it?" He mutters softly. "They'll all be Charmed shortly. Tenchi holds his palm out toward the closest render and speaks a few Words of power.

DC 26 Will to avoid being Charmed. I'm pretty sure it's an automatic fail...

Will saves:
1:[roll0]
2:[roll1]
3:[roll2]
4:[roll3]

Morcleon
2012-05-28, 11:36 PM
Letting out a deep breath, Tenchi chuckles, and then stretches his arm out. That took more out of me than I would have thought... He strides forward and gestures for the beasts to stop destroying the corpse.

Glancing down, he tilts his head to the side, trying to identify anything about the partially destroyed body. He turns back to his companions. "I don't suppose anyone has anything that could help identify this body...? There's a small chance he might be our missing mage."

The-Mage-King
2012-05-28, 11:49 PM
"You may have enchanted them, but they likely don't see US as friends." Ewan says, looking at the Renders carefully. "I'll keep my distance."

Morcleon
2012-05-29, 12:22 AM
Tenchi hesitates as if to say something, but then stops. "Ah, touché." Turning once again the thee chanted creatures, he gestures to his companions behind him, and conveys via pantomime the fact that they are friends, and that they do not wish harm.

Eric Scott
2012-05-30, 07:01 AM
Tenchi hesitates as if to say something, but then stops. "Ah, touché." Turning once again the thee chanted creatures, he gestures to his companions behind him, and conveys via pantomime the fact that they are friends, and that they do not wish harm.

The Renders look at you slightly confused, then they look at the others and then back to you, then they look at each other and shrug, then begin charging at the others.

Morcleon
2012-05-30, 08:10 AM
Oh... that's not good... Tenchi grimaces at the failed command. He flies backwards until he's hovering between the renders and the rest of the group. Once stationary, he sends a loud crack of lightning into the air and tells the renders to stop.:smalltongue:

Keegan__D
2012-05-30, 10:43 AM
Things were looking grim. What was initially an exciting meeting, quickly turned to boredom when the magic man stepped up and pacified the beasts. Then they broke free. Oh, that's good! Crash says, as the renders recognized the threat. Yeah, piss 'em off some more, he comments on the sound of thunder. Crash unwraps the chains from his wrists, and waits for the beasts to make contact. Only seems right to him that they get the first blow, since they had been tricked.

I'm not exactly sure whose turn it is, but since damage wasn't rolled from the renders, I'm assuming mine hasn't come/ended. If so, I'm done with it now.

Eric Scott
2012-05-31, 08:07 AM
Oh... that's not good... Tenchi grimaces at the failed command. He flies backwards until he's hovering between the renders and the rest of the group. Once stationary, he sends a loud crack of lightning into the air and tells the renders to stop.:smalltongue:

The Renders don't like that you are making so much noise and attack you...

Attack 1:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Attack 2:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]

Attack 3:[roll4]
Damage:[roll5]

Attack 4:[roll6]
Damage:[roll7]

Things were looking grim. What was initially an exciting meeting, quickly turned to boredom when the magic man stepped up and pacified the beasts. Then they broke free. Oh, that's good! Crash says, as the renders recognized the threat. Yeah, piss 'em off some more, he comments on the sound of thunder. Crash unwraps the chains from his wrists, and waits for the beasts to make contact. Only seems right to him that they get the first blow, since they had been tricked.

I'm not exactly sure whose turn it is, but since damage wasn't rolled from the renders, I'm assuming mine hasn't come/ended. If so, I'm done with it now.

Now everyone rolls for initiative...

1:[roll8]
2:[roll9]
3:[roll10]
4:[roll11]

The-Mage-King
2012-06-03, 11:09 PM
"I told you so!" Ewan says, his shimmering grey armor forming around him. "But no one listens to the man who's job it is to know about monsters! Zerstörer, Set."

With that, he launches a bolt of flames at the first render, searing it.

Form armor, shield, and sword from Telekinetic Burst, giving me DR 10 and SR 23 . Shape Humbling Briliance, targeting Render A. Burning up Light-Touched Souls for the Violate quality of my lamen, giving me +6 on Attack and Damage with spellshapes for one round.

Attack roll: [roll0]

Damage roll: [roll1], half fire, half untyped

Render needs to make a Will save (DC lolno/22) or be flat-footed for 3 rounds.

If the attack isn't a 1, my Lamen has one mana point.

If I have a swift and/or move, I shape Figment of Light, gaining [roll2] mirror images for 3 rounds.

Done.

stanleyindraven
2012-06-04, 06:48 AM
Griply will go wildshape1 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=386762) on his go

initiative [roll0]

Eric Scott
2012-06-04, 07:43 AM
"I told you so!" Ewan says, his shimmering grey armor forming around him. "But no one listens to the man who's job it is to know about monsters! Zerstörer, Set."

With that, he launches a bolt of flames at the first render, searing it.

Form armor, shield, and sword from Telekinetic Burst, giving me DR 10 and SR 23 . Shape Humbling Briliance, targeting Render A. Burning up Light-Touched Souls for the Violate quality of my lamen, giving me +6 on Attack and Damage with spellshapes for one round.

Attack roll: [roll0]

Damage roll: [roll1], half fire, half untyped

Render needs to make a Will save (DC lolno/22) or be flat-footed for 3 rounds.

If the attack isn't a 1, my Lamen has one mana point.

If I have a swift and/or move, I shape Figment of Light, gaining [roll2] mirror images for 3 rounds.

Done.

It is pain...

Will: [roll0]

Morcleon
2012-06-06, 12:26 AM
"Yeah, yeah, how was I to know that they would react so violently..." Tenchi grimaces as he lets the four attacks pass through him without any effect. "Seriously, last time I'm ever using Charm on a target I can't communicate with..."

Flying back a few feet, he slashes his hand at one of the renders, sending a purple wave of force towards it. Ryokuton: Unseen Shackles

Five foot "step" backward. Shape Unseen Shackles at Render B.

Touch Attack: [roll0]
Force damage. DC 28 Reflex save against immobility.

Formula List:
Storm Leap
Unseen Shackles
Arc Trail
Shroud of Waters
Baleful Portent
Starlit Void
Null Sphere
Cleansing Water
Lesser Cyclone
Torpor

Eric Scott
2012-06-06, 10:04 PM
"Yeah, yeah, how was I to know that they would react so violently..." Tenchi grimaces as he lets the four attacks pass through him without any effect. "Seriously, last time I'm ever using Charm on a target I can't communicate with..."

Flying back a few feet, he slashes his hand at one of the renders, sending a purple wave of force towards it. Ryokuton: Unseen Shackles

Five foot "step" backward. Shape Unseen Shackles at Render B.

Touch Attack: [roll0]
Force damage. DC 28 Reflex save against immobility.

Formula List:
Storm Leap
Unseen Shackles
Arc Trail
Shroud of Waters
Baleful Portent
Starlit Void
Null Sphere
Cleansing Water
Lesser Cyclone
Torpor

Ok. You hit... and there is no way for it to make the save.