PDA

View Full Version : [PF] So I hear you like Staves...

Cieyrin
2012-04-03, 10:21 PM
As I've noticed, there's a couple ways of getting CL boosts and stat boosts that staves have on other magic items and I'm trying to think of a method of getting as many as possible on a single character. Scrollmaster Wizard gets full use out of scrolls but have to dredge through 10 levels to get it, Pathfinder Savant gets it at level 3 but only CL. Staff-Like Wand Arcane Discovery does gets full use out of wands, Magi Wand Mastery Arcana only gets the stat boost. Enhance Potion Discovery boosts only CL. I'm not aware of similar things for rods or wondrous items.

Most of the good stuff seems to be on Wizard, so we'll build off that. Missing feats? PrCs? (I admit, I don't really go delving into PF SRD for 3rd Party/Splat support, so I may be missing something from Inner Sea Magic or one of the PF Companions), Better choice to build off of? Let me know! :smallsmile:

Malimar
2012-04-03, 11:22 PM
At first I thought this said "So I hear you like Steves". I was like "Why, yes, I do like Steves! Is this like Bearington Bearman except with Steves instead of Bears? I wonder how you'd do that. Leadership and only recruit people named Steve? Let's read and see what this poster has to say!"

And then I realized I had misread it and then I was sad. :smallfrown:

Corlindale
2012-04-04, 01:27 AM
Magus also gets Rod Mastery Arcana, letting you add Int to rod dc. Not worth building for in my opinion, given the low number of available rods.

Otherwise I can't think of many more options than you've already suggested.
Magician bard gets to use both stats and CL for wands - but only for spells on the bard list, and it comes pretty late too (lvl 10 & 16, respectively).
Cyphermage PRC gets to modify scrolls in a number of ways, using his own CL or Int bonus among other nice stuff. Unfortunately most of his powers are limited use/day

Cieyrin
2012-04-04, 12:47 PM
Magus also gets Rod Mastery Arcana, letting you add Int to rod dc. Not worth building for in my opinion, given the low number of available rods.

I knew I'd come across it, I just didn't know where.

Otherwise I can't think of many more options than you've already suggested.
Magician bard gets to use both stats and CL for wands - but only for spells on the bard list, and it comes pretty late too (lvl 10 & 16, respectively).
Cyphermage PRC gets to modify scrolls in a number of ways, using his own CL or Int bonus among other nice stuff. Unfortunately most of his powers are limited use/day

I'll have to look at Cyphermage, then, as Scrollmaster's early abilities are not appealing to me at all. I'd rather have Arcane Bond and be able to take Improved Scroll Casting as an Arcane Discovery :smallannoyed:.