PDA

View Full Version : Illumian Beguiler, Cloistered Cleric into MT

Zovc
2012-04-04, 12:35 AM
My DM is allowing me to use the word Naenhoon to pseudo-DMM my way into Mystic Theurge at level 4 via Hieghten Spell.

I believe I'm going to be a Beguiler 2/Cloistered Cleric 1/Mystic Theurge 2 at the start of the game, we are starting at level 5.

Obviously, I have to take Heighten Spell to qualify for MT. By level 5, I'll have two more feats. This build is going to leave me hurting for feats, since I'll have no class features beyond what Beguiler 2/Cleric 1 and spellcasting gives me.

What two feats should I take for the start of the game? I remember there being a feat that makes all of my class skills remain class skills regardless of the class I'm leveling. That would help me put my Intelligence to use, and help me maintain my skillmonkey status that Beguiler and Cloistered Cleric set me up for.

I'm inclined to take Quicken Spell, since I'll have 3 + 1 turn attempts per day, but that means I'll get to quicken one spell a day. It'll kind of help with my action economy, but I don't think that helps enough to warrant spending a feat on it just yet. Then again, I'll only have Heighten spell before I take another metamagic feat.

The domains I'm considering taking are Dream (CDiv) and Fate (CWar), both give me really neat domain powers, and sound lists of spells.

Is there anything I should be doing that I'm not?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-04-04, 12:56 AM
I would go Krau/anything and take Improved Sigil: Krau over Heighten Spell. That will qualify you just as early as Naenhoon: Heighten, plus your caster levels will catch back up to your character level.

Illumians are Humanoid (Human), so take Able Learner at 1st level. That with a decent Int score will allow you to keep max ranks in all your favorite Beguiler class skills when taking those Mystic Theurge levels.

Definitely get Versatile Spellcaster from Races of the Dragon. That will allow you to spend two Beguiler spell slots of the same level to cast any spell you know of one level higher, including your Cleric spells. Spending Beguiler slots to cast them via Versatile Spellcaster will make them cast as arcane spells, use your Beguiler caster level, and your Int score will determine the DCs. It basically gives you spontaneous access to the entire Cleric list, plus it should also give you early access to the next higher level of the Beguiler spell list.

Zovc
2012-04-04, 08:40 AM
All good ideas, thanks a lot.

I don't know that this game will make it that far, but should I have any plans post-Mystic Theurge?