STR 18 4
DEX 19 4
CON 18 4
INT 20 5
WIS 18 4
CHA 21 5

Human
10 Blackguard/10 shadowbane inquister/rogue 16

Sneak attack +15d6+3d6 see Divine stalker If a rogue can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from her attack, she can strike a vital spot for extra damage. Basically , the rouge's sneak attack deals extra damage any time her target would be denied a dexterity bonus to AC, or when the rogue flanks her target.Ranged attacks can count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet. A rogue can't strike with deadly accuracy from beyond that range.

Feats
Exotic weapon proficiency
Power attack
Devoted inquister
Force of personality
Cleave
Mounted combat
Ride by attack
Leadership
Dragon cohurt
Daunting presence
Divine stalker
Undead empathy
Dodge

Animal companion Raven
Cohort Tarterian dragon
Undead companion Bugbear zombie

Aharon
2012-04-04, 01:19 PM
Blackguard 21 would net him 3 extra epic feats.

dantiesilva
2012-04-04, 01:24 PM
One problem by getting rid of shadowbane inquister u lose all this
Pierce shadows
Sacred sttealth(+8)
Improved sunder
Merciless purity
Righteous fervor
Burning light
some of these i don't care much for but it also negates the effects of the feat devoted inquister which brings his sneak attack damage down considerably.

Yorrin
2012-04-04, 01:25 PM
I think a problem with your question is that we're unclear on what you're looking for. What is the purpose of this villain? What types of PCs will he have to face off against? What do you feel he needs help with, as opposed to how he stands now?

dantiesilva
2012-04-04, 01:29 PM
He is the tryant kind. A fallen paladin that is very charismatic and makes people want to like him. His diplomacy score is in the sky for range. I want him to be able command vast armies and have connections everywhere. No matter where the pcs are or what they are doing he knows. And he is a constant shadow in there mind always watching, but never attacking, instead watching his prey seeing there strengths and weakness. Does that help any.

Yorrin
2012-04-04, 01:35 PM
If that is the case I think your build looks fine. Especially if he's not intended for actual combat. Give him Epic Leadership and such, and just roleplay him as the B.A. Xanatos he sounds like.

dantiesilva
2012-04-04, 01:37 PM
He will do fighting eventually. But he will be in the back with his army and dragon in front of him. O and should I make him a vampire or a doppelganger? Because i was thinking very hard on that and couldn't decided for the back story. Who is Xanatos by the way?

Yorrin
2012-04-04, 01:43 PM
Xanatos was a villain from some Disney cartoon (Gargoyles?) that was always one step ahead of everyone and played all side against the middle, to the point that he lives on in internet fame as one of the great fictional manipulators.

But anywho...

I think there's a certain charm to an "ordinary" human being a crazy mastermind like this. (Though I'm totally a hypocrite here, as the equivalent character in my campaign world is a vampire). As for his combat abilities- I think that as long as he makes good use of his pawns minions cohorts and can set the battlefield up to his advantage he'll be good. I always assume that builds brought here by DMs are typical of the power level of that DM's players. Given that basic truth, I think this would be a fun and interesting character to run.

dantiesilva
2012-04-04, 01:50 PM
Well he automatically gets battlefield control.
Burning light At 9th level and higher, an inquister can spend one of his daily uses of his turn undead ability to deal damage to creatures around him. To do this, he must already have his pierce shadows ability active. All creatures within the illuminated area ( except for the inquister) take 4d6 points of damage. This damage results directly from divine power and is not subject to being reduced by energy resistance. Using this ability requires a standard action.
And saying the illuminated area is 70 feet for 10 minutes.... yea. anywhere from 4 to 24 damage before he even swings a sword. that's just devastating.
Anyone within 30 feet of him has to role a 24 on a will save or be shaken.
Devoted inquister lets smite and sneak stack to daze.
So on his own he is ok. not great but ok.

Kuulvheysoon
2012-04-04, 05:42 PM
You're the DM, and he's epic - make an Epic Shadowbane Inquisitor progression.

Toy Killer
2012-04-04, 05:59 PM
Honestly, I would either A) keep him human and make him in charge of an otherwise lawful good nation, or B) make him a human vampire and put him in charge of an otherwise lawful nation.

If the party isn't up to face him yet (which seems to be the case), aforementioned nation can always seem to get in the way. declaring the PCs outlaws for crimes they didn't commit, denouncing the heroic deeds of the PCs and the like, building the PC's to really hate the nation of 'Blackguardia' but being unable to oppose them Directly. (Afterall they may have honest to goodness paladin's and royal guards just imposing the law as written for their lord.) No one is the wiser other then the PC's themselves and the King's minions (and the occasional NPC who has seen this kinda thing before and will have none of it, of course!)

this will lead the victory of defeating the hidden tyrant all the more fulfilling for both the PC's and the usurper of his kingdom, who (hopefully) has purer intentions then the throne's previous resident.

dantiesilva
2012-04-04, 06:12 PM
Well he has a counter part named wrath who is chaotic evil. and controls demons, and then he also has a half dragon he is training. It is a terrible threesome no pun intended. And sorry, he is lawful evil forgot to mention that. So he literally rules a big undead like city, I was planning on having him be a vampire lord and the characters meet him at a masquerade ball for the first time. And saying he has a mask on the Pcs don't know its him and they think he is a nice guy because of his high cha score and diplomacy.

Kuulvheysoon making an epic progression for shadowbane inquister never even crossed my mind, its not a bad idea actually. The smite and sacred stealth would be able to progress easily. As would the Pierce shadows ability. Actually burning light is the only thing that doesn't level i believe in the whole class so it is quite doable. Thank you for the excellent suggestion.

How about feats saying his counter part wrath is at the moment Malconvoker 10/ Thaumaturgist 10/ acolyte of the skin 10/ wizard 24/ factotum 24 and i need to find a way to catch up majorly. I was actually looking into the libris mortes for inspiration because of the vampire part.

Kuulvheysoon
2012-04-04, 06:30 PM
Kuulvheysoon making an epic progression for shadowbane inquister never even crossed my mind, its not a bad idea actually. The smite and sacred stealth would be able to progress easily. As would the Pierce shadows ability. Actually burning light is the only thing that doesn't level i believe in the whole class so it is quite doable. Thank you for the excellent suggestion.

How about feats saying his counter part wrath is at the moment Malconvoker 10/ Thaumaturgist 10/ acolyte of the skin 10/ wizard 24/ factotum 24 and i need to find a way to catch up majorly. I was actually looking into the libris mortes for inspiration because of the vampire part.

Gods, don't take Acolyte of the Skin. You're easily a high enough level to suck the +4 LA for half-fiend (considering his apparent ECL of 68(!)) if you really like the fiendish flavour.

dantiesilva
2012-04-04, 06:35 PM
Its gestalt so more like 39 or so

dantiesilva
2012-04-05, 07:16 AM
So anyone with feat suggestions?