PDA

View Full Version : Negative energy... a good thing?

Thumperganker
2012-04-04, 03:41 PM
Is there a way to make negative energy heal you? i know if you are undead it will, but i would prefer not to be. I am hoping there is an item i can get or a race that has a low or no LA to it.

Grinner
2012-04-04, 03:42 PM
A feat called Tomb-tainted Soul does that. You can find it in Heroes of Horror.

Andorax
2012-04-04, 03:43 PM
Quick and easy.

Tomb-Tainted Soul feat from Libris Mortis. All it requires is non-good.

Toy Killer
2012-04-04, 03:50 PM
in the OoTS comic, they mention the MT gal having a ring that prevents negative levels, a little off topic, but does that actually exist in game? I haven't found anything like such.

Back on topic, Tomb tainted will heal you, and there is a spell from libris mortis that allows you to be healed via negative energy if i'm not mistaken (It might allow you to be healed via positive energy, for undead characters, but i'm pretty sure it's the other way around...)

Grinner
2012-04-04, 03:51 PM
Tomb-Tainted Soul feat from Libris Mortis. All it requires is non-good.

I swear I'm going to get that right someday. :smallsigh::smallredface:

hydraa
2012-04-04, 04:38 PM
Spell comp -> Shroud of undeath 2nd level spell

reverses postive and negative energy effects among other things

Demon of Death
2012-04-04, 04:49 PM
in the OoTS comic, they mention the MT gal having a ring that prevents negative levels, a little off topic, but does that actually exist in game? I haven't found anything like such.

MiC page 126 Ring of Negative Protection.

The Ring of Positive Protection is nice for any undead as well.

Talakeal
2012-04-04, 04:57 PM

I know there is soulfire armor which prevents negative energy damage and level drain, but I can't recall if it comes in ring form by RAW.

Thumperganker
2012-04-04, 05:03 PM
i'll take a look at the feat and the ring, i have undead that i can create and when they die they blow up in a 10 ft radius burst of negative energy doing 1d6 + 1d6 per 2hd , be nice if it healed me or at least didn't hurt me

deuxhero
2012-04-04, 06:12 PM

Just remember that WotC isn't THAT blind to basic optimization they would put it in the same book as DN.

ShneekeyTheLost
2012-04-04, 10:33 PM
i'll take a look at the feat and the ring, i have undead that i can create and when they die they blow up in a 10 ft radius burst of negative energy doing 1d6 + 1d6 per 2hd , be nice if it healed me or at least didn't hurt me

Tomb Tainted feat lets you heal with negative energy, which also nets a DN unlimited self-healing via his 1st level ability.

The other option is to see if you can go Necropolitian and actually BE undead. It's a +0 LA, although you do have to die and lose a level to get it.

Narren
2012-04-05, 12:45 AM

Those guys make quite effective shock troops in an undead army. Every soldier killed heals it's allies and harms it's enemies.

Hand_of_Vecna
2012-04-05, 12:50 AM

If I'm not mistaken it's in both books.

Ravens_cry
2012-04-05, 01:24 AM
Alternatively, become a Necropolitan.
As well as healing from negative energy, it comes with immortality, a good brace of immunities to some of the peskier spells and effects as well as cold and non-lethal damage!
Get great laughs at parties a the barbarian wails on you barehanded 'til his hands bleeds and the cryoturge casts till his brain freezes to no effect!
Always good for a chuckle.

Thumperganker
2012-04-07, 11:42 AM
reference for the necropolitan? book/page?

Ravens_cry
2012-04-07, 11:49 AM
reference for the necropolitan? book/page?
I know it's in Libris Mortis and is a template.