PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Druid Multiclassing

aphoticConniver
2012-04-04, 05:50 PM
Ok, here's the deal. I have a level 10 druid, and I'm either going to go Warshaper to up my natural weapon damage, or Totemist to shape some melds that would help my Wildshape forms. I have a 16 Con, if that factors in.

Also, I'm able to grab 2 feats, and I've been looking to splash a bit, such as a soulmeld or some power points. Any suggestions?

FearlessGnome
2012-04-04, 06:02 PM
Mandatory advise: Don't multiclass. There are nice things out there that you can add to your druid. However, none of them are as nice as one more level of Wildshape + one more level of druid casting + one more level of improving your Animal Companion.

Stick it out to level 15, when you get Huge Wildshape and can turn into a Dire Tortoise (and so always, always always get to act on the surprise round, even if there shouldn't be one or you were ambushed by invisible demi-gods of Sneaking.)

If your party is weak, and you are trying to tone down your druid for balance reason... Sure, Warshaper works. Or Master of Many forms. Or Contemplative.

Sturmcrow
2012-04-04, 06:05 PM
I second what Fearless said. Pure Druid is just so good.

aphoticConniver
2012-04-04, 06:06 PM
Just to point out the power level my DM has set: I'm not allowed to take Natural Spell until level 12 because he feels it's overpowered (which it is). I'm "technically" supposed to be our main damage dealing caster, but Call Lightning doesn't work, nor does any of the SNA line. Our party is a bit gimped in terms of magic items, which is why I thought Meldshaper(totemist, to be specific.)

navar100
2012-04-04, 06:12 PM
Perhaps barbarian. Rage while in wildshape. You're not casting spells then anyway. Pretend you have rabies. If you still want Natural Spell, use it when wildshaped into an animal for scouting or stealth.

aphoticConniver
2012-04-04, 06:16 PM
My intended feat, upon hitting 12th level, would preferably be Dragon Wild Shape, removing the need for Natural Spell. But the matter at hand is this:
I have 2 feats in a low-item campaign. Suggestions?

Sturmcrow
2012-04-04, 06:55 PM
Multi Attack?
Improved Natural Attack?
Assume Supernatural Ability?

Gnaeus
2012-04-04, 07:43 PM
I have 2 feats in a low-item campaign. Suggestions?

Craft Wondrous Items?

Frozen Wildshape? (Normally used for 12 headed cryohydra form, but Armored Bear form from the same book gives great stats along with hands and the ability to spellcast.)

aphoticConniver
2012-04-04, 08:02 PM
0_0
Armored bear with spells say what.
Which book would that be located? I can't seem to find it in Frostburn.

Gnaeus
2012-04-04, 08:05 PM
It is actually called urskan, when anyone can see it is just the armored bears from Golden Compass renamed to avoid copyright :-).

Gavinfoxx
2012-04-04, 08:09 PM
Frostburn has some natural beasts in it. One is a kinda speaking intelligent anthropomorphic Polar Bear, called an "Urskan" from pg 160, which is mentioned as an option for Frozen Wild Shape. That might get you past needing Natural Spell, cause it can speak, and you should be able to change into at level 9, when you pick up Frozen Wild Shape.

Gnaeus
2012-04-04, 08:14 PM
As a bonus, good strength and con. Claw/claw/bite + rend attack routine. 40 foot move and a swim speed. +5 NA. No question that it can wear armor and gets all its item slots. What isn't to love?

Yes, it fails compared to dragon forms as a mobile spellcasting platform. But if you want to spellcast while retaining melee, and natural spell isn't an option, Armored bear form FTW!

Greater magic fang x3, Augment Wild shape, and bite of the WereX and Bob's your uncle.

Randomguy
2012-04-04, 08:56 PM
Why not master of many forms instead of warshaper? It actually advances your wildshape, unlike warshaper does.

You could be a lion of talisid (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20031004b) (bottom of the page).

Full spellcasting. Animal companion. Wildshape (almost as good as druid's). Medium BAB. Pounce.

It's got a 1 feat tax (I'm not sure how good that feat is), but you get a decent bonus feat in return, and you can act as if you were under the affects of haste a few rounds a day (as an Ex ability, meaning it works in an antimagic field).

You also get Leonal's roar (Think holy word, but with some slight sonic damage as well), as a supernatural ability (No SR), useable 3 times per day, as a capstone.

This PrC is basically made of win. How is it not mentioned more often?

prufock
2012-04-04, 09:24 PM
Why not master of many forms instead of warshaper? It actually advances your wildshape, unlike warshaper does.

You could be a lion of talisid (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20031004b) (bottom of the page).

Full spellcasting. Animal companion. Wildshape (almost as good as druid's). Medium BAB. Pounce.

It's got a 1 feat tax (I'm not sure how good that feat is), but you get a decent bonus feat in return, and you can act as if you were under the affects of haste a few rounds a day (as an Ex ability, meaning it works in an antimagic field).

You also get Leonal's roar (Think holy word, but with some slight sonic damage as well), as a supernatural ability (No SR), useable 3 times per day, as a capstone.

This PrC is basically made of win. How is it not mentioned more often?

The feat tax is a cruddy +1 luck bonus 1/day. However I think the reason it doesn't get mentioned more often is because of the strict RP requirement. You have to be exalted.