PDA

View Full Version : Abyss creature

GrinningDemon
2012-04-04, 10:50 PM
What would be a good creature from the Abyss to fight in an arena? It needs to be semi-humanoid and has to have at least human level intellegence and I would like it to be able to weild a weapon and really enjoy killing for the crowds.

The Mentalist
2012-04-04, 11:11 PM
CR required?

Balor is always an option but probably overkill.

Calanon
2012-04-04, 11:25 PM
What would be a good creature from the Abyss to fight in an arena? It needs to be semi-humanoid and has to have at least human level intellegence and I would like it to be able to weild a weapon and really enjoy killing for the crowds.

...Thats a trick question right? :smallconfused:

Anywho! Depends on the level of the character fighting...

The Mentalist
2012-04-04, 11:27 PM
...Thats a trick question right? :smallconfused:

Multiple definitions of good my friend.

"If a man shot his mother in the heart at 500 yards I would call him a good shot but not a good person."

GrinningDemon
2012-04-06, 01:30 AM
Level is not an issue I would like something high powered but not godlike. Its not a trick question I promise.

Phase
2012-04-06, 01:38 AM
Any given Demon would work, then. Throw a Balor or a Marilith into the ring and watch the blood flow.

Zale
2012-04-06, 01:56 AM
Mariliths are always fun.

If you want someone who can, and will, merrily stab you six or so times every second..

GrinningDemon
2012-04-06, 02:12 AM
I think a Balor seems like the best fit for what I'm thinking. I read through everything on the Balor in the monster manual. Do you think a Balor would actually start show boating and enjoying in the role of a champion?

Thurbane
2012-04-06, 02:12 AM
Bulezau, Molydeus and Rutterkin (FC1) all fit the bill, at various CRs.

Zale
2012-04-06, 02:19 AM
I think a Balor seems like the best fit for what I'm thinking. I read through everything on the Balor in the monster manual. Do you think a Balor would actually start show boating and enjoying in the role of a champion?

Most demons do so enjoy wanton murder and destruction. Why they're doing it is never something they care overtly about.

To paraphrase something I read in a book, something a demon said..

"..Sometimes I do horrible things to further my goals. Sometimes I do horrible things because I enjoy doing it."

So, yeah, I can imagine a Balor acting like a proud, Blood Knight type person.

GrinningDemon
2012-04-06, 02:51 AM
Thanks guys and Zale I love that quote