PDA

View Full Version : Abyssal fire

dantiesilva
2012-04-05, 09:23 AM
Hello i am creating a wizard monk gestalt that is centered around pure power and was wondering on feats. This is a villain so the book of vile darkness is allowed. So far what I have is a domain wizard domain being fire. The only feat I want to keep is Energy substitution fire. Is there any way to make say the fire quite literally abyssal fire, evil and everything else so it does negative energy damage as well as fire. Thank you all in advance. This should be around a level 35 character focused on blasting and summoning capabilities around demons. I already got the prestige classes chosen now its just feats. Thank you again.

dsmiles
2012-04-05, 09:29 AM
The Death Knight template gives you Abyssal Blast, which does half fire and half divine, but it's pretty lame for the ginormous LA.

Otomodachi
2012-04-05, 09:42 AM
There's a feat, Lord of the Uttercold(?); I think it's from complete Mage, but don't quote me.

IIRC, it turns half your cold damage into negative.

Talk to your DM, wouldn't be broken to work with fire.

Boci
2012-04-05, 10:42 AM
There's a feat, Lord of the Uttercold(?); I think it's from complete Mage, but don't quote me.

IIRC, it turns half your cold damage into negative.

Talk to your DM, wouldn't be broken to work with fire.

Complete Arcane actually. And a fire version should be allowed, since it would be weaker (few undead are immune to fire, thus making the healing power of the spell harder to use).

Yorrin
2012-04-05, 10:54 AM
There are also metamagic feats in Libris Mortis that can tack on negative levels or impose Str damage.

Otomodachi
2012-04-05, 10:56 AM
Oh yeah, a Fell Drain'ed, Lord of the Darkfire'd Fireball could be fun. :)

Morph Bark
2012-04-05, 11:10 AM
Not quite what you want mechanically, but fluffwise Hellfire Warlock is perfect. It's in Fiendish Codex II: Tyrants of the Nine Hells. In the Adaptation section it mentions you can easily change it to allow a fire-based spellcaster to take it. You could then just refluff the Hellfire to Abyssal fire.

dantiesilva
2012-04-05, 08:50 PM
Well i hope the DM lets me...i am the DM lol. and i have been told to do warlock and pison and many other things but it comes down to none of them are easy for my players to understand. This is a fresh batch of players, and i want them to be scared of the villains, but not lost on how they came to be. As for the death knight doesn't that make them undead as well? If so then it wont work with the character. She only deals with demons directly. Undead are her partners field, as are dragons.

Kuulvheysoon
2012-04-06, 12:21 AM
If only the two artner's associations were switched around - one does demons and Dragons, while the other tackles undead.

Because... there's the Abyssal Drake in the Draconomicon - and Outsider with dragon qualities and a breath weapon that does half fire, half divine damage.

dantiesilva
2012-04-06, 06:56 AM
Her dragon that she rides on is a Hellfire wyrm. Better then any drake in my book