PDA

View Full Version : Expanding Grasp of the Emerald Claw 3.P

Tokuhara
2012-04-05, 01:26 PM
I'm working on a campaign for a group of semi-experienced players and am going to run through Lost Forge through Grasp of the Emerald Claw. This leads the players from 1-10 (about). I plan on extending the campaign, adding more intrigue, and ending with a Shadow of the Colossus-style fight with a fully awakened Elder Evil.

Now, I haven't decided which Elder Evil would orchestrate a primitive ultra-evil warforged to begin annihilating Eberron. I also don't know how to extend after a rather satisfying end to a module.

Any ideas are welcome.

Kol Korran
2012-04-05, 02:06 PM
hhhmmm... some ideas and thoughts:
1) don't run whispers of the vampire's blade. while it's great in concept, it's awful in execution, and it's railroady as hell.

2) i don't know anything about Elder Evils, so forgive me if i say nonsense. one of the major mysteries about warforged is where do their personalities and souls (if they have souls. religions debate over this) come from. The Elder evil could be some subconciousness that might be made manifest if enough warforged are made sentient, or something of the like.

a secret of house Cannith might be that they found this out, which is why they agreed to stop making warforged. Merrix however might be affected by this ancient evil, which is why he works on making more, and the Lords of blades might be a fragment of such a conciousness that drove this individual warforged mad/ prophetic.

but what IS this ancient evil? a possibility i like is that while most souls go to dollurh, (forgive my spelling, AFB) some are taken away. the Sovereign host think this is due to the Keeper, but i'll leave theology aside.

whatever force this is, it gather couls to fuel a prison for some sort of entity, some horror. but it sends it's pwoer to the world, "giving" the image of warforged to crafters along the ages, in times of need, and the process to draw the souls from it's prison.

you can have new forges made in Xen'dric, or the mournland. Cyrians might build a new nation in Xen'dric and use mass production (away from the Edicts of Thronehold) to bolster their defenses.

i don't have a concrete idea (yet) of WHAT or WHO the elder evil is, but i think there is one tantalizing bit of info in Fatihs of Eberron that might be cool to incorporate:

the 16th god. while most cultures have the regular 15 gods of the host and dark six, the ancient goblinoids had a 16th god. but as the humans came to Khorvaire, the Sovereign host religions made extensive efforts to erase any mentionof this god from memory, written form, culture and worship, till all that is left today are vague disfigured ruined sculptures. it might be cool for the players to delve into the secret behind the two most popular beliefs. what can be so horrific it cannot be mentioend at all, even if the dark six are "tolerated" and worshipped?

JonRG
2012-04-05, 02:24 PM
Rakshasas are the go-to guys for Eberronian manipulation and mischief. :smallamused:

Axinian
2012-04-05, 03:45 PM
Now, I haven't decided which Elder Evil would orchestrate a primitive ultra-evil warforged to begin annihilating Eberron. I also don't know how to extend after a rather satisfying end to a module.

Pandorym might work. The warforged could have been intended to be a temporary body for it while it tries to find its Sphere of Annihilation one.

Tokuhara
2012-04-05, 03:59 PM
Pandorym might work. The warforged could have been intended to be a temporary body for it while it tries to find its Sphere of Annihilation one.

Pandorym may work, minus that I want to have the campaign end with a Shadow of the Colossus final fight, the party scrambling to climb this behemoth and hanging on for dear life as its minions are on the final boss and are trying to kill the party. In a thunderstom. With hail. And comets. And bloody rain. And black snow. And zombified puppies.

Edit: Maybe Pandorym had the Chosen build him a massive body of flesh and deep crystal in such a way to enhance his staggering psionic capabilities, plus allowing for him to become a near god-like form.

What would the stats for a Colossal Half-Flesh Psion Killer Golem under the control of a nearly omnipotent psionic being be?

Axinian
2012-04-05, 05:23 PM
Pandorym may work, minus that I want to have the campaign end with a Shadow of the Colossus final fight, the party scrambling to climb this behemoth and hanging on for dear life as its minions are on the final boss and are trying to kill the party. In a thunderstom. With hail. And comets. And bloody rain. And black snow. And zombified puppies.

OMG!

Edit: Maybe Pandorym had the Chosen build him a massive body of flesh and deep crystal in such a way to enhance his staggering psionic capabilities, plus allowing for him to become a near god-like form.

Sure. The warforged was its intended vessel, but the party blows it up so it has to inhabit a last-minute and highly unstable body. As we all know, the more unstable something is, the powerful it is!

Tokuhara
2012-04-05, 06:59 PM
OMG!

Sure. The warforged was its intended vessel, but the party blows it up so it has to inhabit a last-minute and highly unstable body. As we all know, the more unstable something is, the powerful it is!

Actually, it's a stronger body, seeing as how they broke the intended body, so Pandorym decided to make a better, harder to kill body.

The flesh/crystal body stands nearly 200 feet tall with deep crystal hands, a crystal head with Pandorym's consciousness clouding the head and is powered by his Orb of Annihilation.