PDA

View Full Version : Most unexpected Familicide theory.

martianmister
2012-04-05, 02:12 PM
Ian actually had an long-time affair with a Draketooth, and thanks to his sterile nature, familicide didn't hit him and his daughter: Haley! V and rest of order will learn this, and...

What would happen? What are the chances?

Mutant Sheep
2012-04-05, 02:18 PM
Ian actually had an long-time affair with a Draketooth, and thanks to his sterile nature, familicide didn't hit him and his daughter: Haley! V and rest of order will learn this, and...

And this affects the story.... how? To discourage having redheaded children?:smallconfused: Besides making things MORE awkward between Haley and her dad, this does nothing except making (more) magic contraception threads. :smalleek:

Forikroder
2012-04-05, 02:28 PM

and what? Ian sees a familiar face in the sea of dead bodies? how does that affect anything?

"OMG i used to date that chick and now shes dead, damn taht sucks she was a really nice girl"

t209
2012-04-05, 03:02 PM
He might be an honorary member or Girard is genre savvy enough to make a non family back ups.

Obnoxious Hydra
2012-04-05, 03:24 PM
What? This theory is horrible terrible. I'm fairly certain the Giant has already explicity said that Haley is not related to the Draketooths.

And, as it's been said before, this really doesn't impact the story in anyway. He's not even there to see all the death. It's hardly a plot point:
"oh look Ian's cheeky bit on the side who he was never officially married to or had children with died".

FujinAkari
2012-04-05, 03:52 PM

Ok... see, these two things don't belong together. Call it mutually exclusive :P

martianmister
2012-04-05, 03:53 PM
And this affects the story.... how? To discourage having redheaded children?:smallconfused: Besides making things MORE awkward between Haley and her dad, this does nothing except making (more) magic contraception threads. :smalleek:

It means V could have killed Haley, if not for Ian's sterile nature.

Also, I'm talking about a long-term serious relationship, not just a date...

Ok... see, these two things don't belong together. Call it mutually exclusive :P

Huh? :smallconfused:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0784.html

Forikroder
2012-04-05, 04:02 PM
It means V could have killed Haley, if not for Ian's sterile nature.

Also, I'm talking about a long-term serious relationship, not just a date...

Huh? :smallconfused:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0784.html

the timeline goes Ian meets haley mother -> has haley -> haleys mtoher dies -> he goes to the desert

waht that means is Ian did not have a relationship with a draketooth before he had haley, so he had to ahve that relationship after he went to the desert but he doesnt seem like the type to consider remarry so if he knew any draketooths it was only as friends

Vinyadan
2012-04-05, 04:08 PM
At first I read:

Ian actually had an long-time affair with Draketooth,

and I thought "well, far-fetched"

and thanks to his sterile nature,

"well, in this case, it wouldn't have made so much of a difference if he hadn't been sterile"

familicide didn't hit him and his daughter: Haley!

"Ok, something's not right"

V and rest of order will learn this, and...

"...V won't notice. I wonder if he/she/it actually knows that there is a world beyond bees and flowers, out there."

"of V noticing? Not high."

Forikroder
2012-04-05, 04:23 PM
"...V won't notice. I wonder if he/she/it actually knows that there is a world beyond bees and flowers, out there."

well s/he has had 2 kids so s/hes not completely blind to the world

how somene actually amanged to have kids with V is beyond me

rgrekejin
2012-04-05, 04:31 PM
well s/he has had 2 kids so s/hes not completely blind to the world

how somene actually amanged to have kids with V is beyond me

V's kids are adopted. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0631.html)

Also, isn't there a mega-thread floating around for this sort of thing?

Fish
2012-04-05, 05:46 PM
and what? Ian sees a familiar face in the sea of dead bodies? how does that affect anything?
It means they may have the assistance of a master thief to find their way into the inner sanctum. It's unlikely, I agree, but it's a possibility.

Bastian Weaver
2012-04-05, 05:52 PM
Okay, let's optimize it.

Ian had a relationship with ALL the Draketeeth!

Eigenclass
2012-04-05, 09:02 PM
Maybe Ian's lover was that orange-haired balding man we saw get lightninged in prison.

Blisstake
2012-04-05, 09:24 PM

They aren't mutually exclusive. You can be sterile and still be a father.

Regardless, there's nothing to support this theory, and I don't really see the value this random association would provide.

Forikroder
2012-04-05, 10:16 PM
They aren't mutually exclusive. You can be sterile and still be a father.

he either met the draketooth before he had haley, which means taht would be before he was sterile and ahd a kid (which obviously is false since Familicide would have killed him) or he met the draketooth after he had haley at which point they wouldnt ahve had a relationship for very long