PDA

View Full Version : Idea for game based on druid spell reincarnate

Tegannie
2012-04-05, 03:06 PM
I'm not a DM, but I came up with this idea for a game and wanted to know what others thought.

The premise is that a group of heros of old has been brought back to life using a reincarnate spell instead of resurrection for some reason. (I'm thinking maybe there is no more high-level magic in the world for some reason)

Some details:
For character creation, the players would create what race they want their character to have originally been, then change stats as needed because of the change in race caused by the spell.

Alter the spell so there's no time limit on how long the person's been dead (this way, it could've been hundreds, if not thousands, of years, as long as some small bit remains)

Instead of just a one level loss, the heros would lose enough levels to put them back to a low level, even as low as level one. Because "heros of old" are probably epic, high-level heros, a major level loss would have to occur in to order to start the game at a low level.

This could allow for multiple campaign settings, maybe each one being a different "age" of history.

What do y'all think?

Sturmcrow
2012-04-05, 03:16 PM
The first campaign I ran for 4E I used a similar premise.

All the characters were great heroes that died defending the kingdom. The Ritual used to raise them though brought them back at level 1 and they learned that hundreds of years had passed since their death. Early on they had to deal with learning the lay of the land and then later discovering who had them returned to life and why.

All the players loved the concept.

The reincarnate angle is different. But if the group is willing on have their races shuffled then go for it.