Level: Cleric 3, Sorcerer/Wizard 3
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 Standard Action
Range: Touch
Target: One living Creature
Duration: See Text
Saving Throw: Fortitude
Spell Resistance: Yes

The afflicted creature must make a Fortitude saving throw or be affected by what is essentially a magical plague. If they fail their saving throw, they become infected. Being infected causes the target to lose 1d10 hp initially on the first day, and then 1d4 every day after. These hit points cannot be recovered or healed as long as the spell is in effect. The effect lasts for 1 day/caster level. While infected, any creatures that the target touches must make a fortitude save or be infected as well for a separate duration, as if affected by this spell.
Material Component: A handful of gravedust.

This spell does not affect creatures that are immune to disease, and can be cured by casting Remove Curse or Remove Disease. This spell is not affected by Dispel Magic.

Dark Sanctuary
Abjuration
Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 4
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 full round action
Range: personal
Area: 40ft. Sphere
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: See text
Spell Resistance: No

An aura of black fire spreads out from your fingertips, and floats 30ft. away from you.Within the area of this spell, all creatures must make a Will save each time they try to cast a divine spell or attack in order to complete their action. The caster of this spell gets a +3 bonus on this save.

Word Sealing
Enchantment
Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 3
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range:Touch
Target:1 Creature/level
Duration:Permanent
Saving Throw: Fortitude Negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

The caster designates a single topic when they cast this spell. Upon casting this spell, each target must make a Fortitude saving throw or be rendered speechless whenever they try to discuss the topic. The topic selected must be specific and singular. It could be an event, or a person's actions. It could also be information about a single spell or a unique individual or creature. For example, it could be that the targets cannot discuss Hennat the Necromancer, but the topic could not be "Necromancers" because that is too general.

Temptation
Necromancy [Evil]
Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 2
Components: V, M
Casting Time: 1 Standard action
Range: See text
Target: One Valuable object
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will
Spell Resistance: No

Upon casting this spell, the selected object becomes filled with the powers of the Abyss. The first creature(besides the caster) to see the object must make a will save or spend the next minute trying to get the object, dedicating their actions to reaching the object, and ignoring others around them. If they are attacked, they can make another saving throw to resist the spell at a -2 penalty.

Material Component: One gemstone or other precious object worth at least 100gp

Empedocles
2012-04-05, 07:42 PM
Very strong homebrew overall. I feel like Burning Plague could be a 2nd level spell, since it's application is pretty limited. It could be used to assassinate low level characters (especially political figures) but I'd usually take a fireball or lightning bolt over that any day. Otherwise, very cool and flavorful. (it could be added as a level 3 cleric spell).

Dark Sanctuary is cool flavor wise, but I'm a little iffy on the crunch. So the range is personal, which means the cloud appears next to you, correct? And then it floats 30 feet away...does this happen instantaneously? And since the sphere is 40 feet are you still in it's range when it happens? I'd say to make it centered on the spellcaster, but at the very least clarify what it does.

Word Sealing is my favorite spell here, and I agree with everything, including the small details like an extended casting time. However, it could definitely also be a cleric spell (some cultists forcing people to keep secrets about their dark god and stuff).

Temptation is cool, but take off the expensive material component. It's really no better mechanically than Tasha's Hideous Laughter (also 2nd level) which has a material component but not an expensive one. I understand why you have it there from a flavor perspective, but at the very least change it to be a focus so you can reuse it.