PDA

View Full Version : a warrior thats mastered the use of the mind, body and soul? (Velaryon stay out)

chainer1216
2012-04-05, 06:27 PM
so, in the next game i'm running a formerly friendly NPC will reveal to one of my PCs that he's actually pretty evil and will tempt this guy to join him, i have no idea how thats going to play out, so i figure i should finally put him to paper.

so far i have this planned for him, he's going to be an Azurin, psychic warrior 12, important house rules: this class now has full BAB and d10 HD, and i want to use his bonus feats on martial stance/study/other ToB feats and his normal leveling feats on incarnum feats.

if the group ends up fighting him he'll have a lvl10 telepath psion with him and a few lvl2 mooks, and i'd like him to be the center piece of the fight. with that in mind, any advice on what ToB/incarnum stuff should he get?

Urpriest
2012-04-05, 06:31 PM
Look at the feats Psycarnum Infusion and Azure Talent. Then, figure out how you want them to interact, because there are a few different interpretations. Similarly, Midnight Augmentation is cool, as is the power Psionic Open Chakra.

Flickerdart
2012-04-05, 06:41 PM
If he only runs in one encounter, then you can afford to sacrifice up to two PsyWar levels and still keep 4th level powers. This means that a strategic ToB dip will give you much more than Martial Stance at the cost of a handful of PP, and Practiced Manifester can be used to raise the cap back up.

However, Psychic Warriors don't really play nice with Tome of Battle, as their strongest side is being a huge pile of natural attacks, while ToB mostly prefers single strikes with manufactured weapons. You may consider grabbing two Totemist levels instead, for access to the lovely Totem chakra and all that entails.

sonofzeal
2012-04-05, 07:07 PM
If he only runs in one encounter, then you can afford to sacrifice up to two PsyWar levels and still keep 4th level powers. This means that a strategic ToB dip will give you much more than Martial Stance at the cost of a handful of PP, and Practiced Manifester can be used to raise the cap back up.

However, Psychic Warriors don't really play nice with Tome of Battle, as their strongest side is being a huge pile of natural attacks, while ToB mostly prefers single strikes with manufactured weapons. You may consider grabbing two Totemist levels instead, for access to the lovely Totem chakra and all that entails.
On the other hand.... Deep Impact + Instant Clarity + good strikes = paaaaain. Of course, that works better with the PsiWar side being lower and the ToB side being higher.

shadow_archmagi
2012-04-05, 07:08 PM

They *can* synergize, it's just that the traditional 'best' psywar builds don't synergize. I can definitely see Precognition+Claws+Size Boost for huge damage and to-hit bonuses, and then ToB to offer tactical options could be pretty nasty.

Use a Diamond Mind maneuver to hit Touch, then power attack for full, then use Offensive Precognition to still have a great to-hit chance seems like a great idea.

EDIT: General Multiclassing Advice:

Tome of Battle is going to consume your actions, so you should focus on psychic warrior abilities that you can cast before the fight starts and Soulmelds that just give bonuses and don't require any attention to use.