PDA

View Full Version : Collapsible Weapons? [3.5]

zoobob9
2012-04-06, 09:30 AM
During my last meet, my friend said something about collapsible weapons. He didn't mention which book it was in. It may actually be homebrew, I'm not sure.

He did say that it applied to only light weapons. Would a Dervish be able to apply this to scimitars then?

A dervish treats the scimitar as a light weapon (rather than a one-handed weapon) for all purposes, including fighting with two weapons

Godskook
2012-04-06, 10:00 AM
I don't know about a 'collapsible' weapon, but Sizing is in MiC and it allows you to change a weapon's size as a swift action.

Omegas
2012-04-06, 10:38 AM
Generally when a weapon stipulation applies it does not factor who can use the weapons or how they can use it.

Skills and feat on the other hand do. If you can wield a weapon as a light weapon then you are able to use weapon finesse.

As this is a creation stipulation then most likely you can not apply it to a scimitar even if you can use it as a light weapon.

I cant say I have heard of this one either. If it is a home brew then the DM can tweak it to benefit you.

Jasdoif
2012-04-06, 11:12 AM
The only Collapsible weapon property I'm aware of is from D20 Future; it allows the weapon to be disassembled and reassembled such that it isn't easy recognizable as a weapon in its disassembled state. Since D20 Future is based off of D20 Modern, it doesn't easily fit in a 3.5 game.

It has no restriction on the size/type of weapons it can be applied to, so it don't think it's the same property you're looking for anyway.

King Atticus
2012-04-06, 11:31 AM
Possibly the 'Hideaway' weapon property (Price +7,500gp) from RotW (pg 171). Doesn't mention anything about light only but a weapon can be made to fold up simply by pressing a stud on a handle. When folded, a hideaway weapon collapses into a small cylinder small enough to fit comfortably in the your hand.

Igneel
2012-04-06, 11:48 AM
I don't know about a 'collapsible' weapon, but Sizing is in MiC and it allows you to change a weapon's size as a swift action.

This, I always love this Weapon property. Got a quarterstaff? Nope, now its a toothpick or a support beam/bridge.

Possibly the 'Hideaway' weapon property (Price +7,500gp) from RotW (pg 171). Doesn't mention anything about light only but a weapon can be made to fold up simply by pressing a stud on a handle. When folded, a hideaway weapon collapses into a small cylinder small enough to fit comfortably in the your hand.

It was updated in MIC (pg 36) as a +2,00gp price, to make a weapon 'fold' two size categories smaller. So a Medium Greatsword could be hidden like a dagger. But it only gives a +2 bonus to Sleight of Hand checks to hide it like dagger, but uses a swift action to fold/unfold.

hydraa
2012-04-06, 11:51 AM
Found a reference to Collapsible Weapons in Dragon Annual #5 p 28

Unusual Muse
2012-04-06, 02:47 PM
I believe what you're looking for is the Glove of the Master Strategist (Ghostwalk): 3,600 gp - acts as a Glove of Storing and allows the wearer to use a true strike effect once per day!

Rausdower
2012-04-06, 04:49 PM
I know there is some kind of collapsible weapon that you can build in a number of full round actions and requires an intelligence check to know what it is if you discover pieces of it. It also breaks on a natural 1 :/

Can't remember the source.

darkbuu_1
2012-04-06, 05:13 PM
I think I found it, it's actually called a Modular Melee Weapon and it comes from Dragon Magazine 316, page 40.

Simple and martial weapons, maximum of 5 pounds, the weapon can be broken down into (2*number of pounds) mundane looking pieces. It takes an Int check 20 (-1 per two parts visible) to realise it is part of weapon. It can be broken down and remade in 1 minute. If the welder rolls a 1 with the weapon, part of it brakes off and must be reattached.

Edit: +150gp, and a normal Scimitar weighs 4 pounds.