PDA

View Full Version : Epic Warlock Feat: Shadowmaster

Kyber_Doomscale
2012-04-06, 01:12 PM
just have a couple questions concerning this feat.

main one pertaining to having "the immune to all spells with the shadow subtype and shadow type effects"

how does this immunity affect the warlock's own abilities ?
- Path of Shadow invocation (based off Shadow Walk which has the Shadow subtype)
- Shades (which is given along with the feat) (it also states that any replicated spell allows Spell Resistance) [4]

Sources of information
typically an immunity to magic is equal to having an infinite Spell Resistance [1]

"In many cases, spell resistance applies only when a resistant creature is targeted by the spell, not when a resistant creature encounters a spell that is already in place" [2]

"A creature's spell resistance never interferes with it's own spells, items, or abilities." [3]

based off these rules would i be safe to assume that if the warlock targets himself the immunity would not apply, including spells replicated by Shades ?

as for the second question, since Shades allows spell resistance to all spells replicated including those that normally do not how would this shadow immunity apply to say a Leo's Secure Shelter or Mord's Magnificent Mansion or even a lvl 1 Mount spell ?

the part where a creature's spell resistance never interfers with it's own spells might apply here but since those spells are not self targeting i do think that is in the spirit of what it applies to, am i wrong ?

also would it be safe to assume that any creatures summoned by Shades would have the [Shadow]subtype added to any of their spells that they cast ?

[1] Rules Compendium pg.131
[2] Player's Handbook 3.5 pg.177
[3] Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5 pg.298
[4] Player's Handbook 3.5 pg.276 (Shadow Conjuration being the referal spell for Shades)