PDA

View Full Version : Make me a minion

Wavelab
2012-04-06, 11:06 PM
Ok so basically I need to make a minion for my Villain. Here are the stats:

The party I want to challenge are six mid-high optimized characters, including a mailman sorcerer.

It would be cool if the minion and his minions were lycanthropes.

I need the minion to be able to do 3 things:

Keep his own in battle(with a few of his own minions of course)
Be able to sneak into a kingdom, abduct the king's family. Kingdom after kingdom.
Him and his minions should be able to defend a stronghold against the party.

I summon the spirits of the playground to help. :smallbiggrin:

Calanon
2012-04-06, 11:08 PM
The Heroes in question are 15th level... We're looking for a Challenge... Not killing them... All of them atleast... :smallamused:

Darth Stabber
2012-04-06, 11:10 PM
Were-murder of crows DMM Cleric14

Wavelab
2012-04-06, 11:12 PM
Were-murder of crows DMM Cleric14

I'd prefer to keep it martial or low magic otherwise it's just too easy to kill them :smallbiggrin:

Darth Stabber
2012-04-06, 11:13 PM
I'd prefer to keep it martial or low magic otherwise it's just too easy to kill them :smallbiggrin:

were-murder of crows Swordsage 14

Wavelab
2012-04-06, 11:16 PM
were-murder of crows Swordsage 14

Interesting.

I just can't see a bunch of crow swarms kidnapping childr... That's such a cool mental image :smallbiggrin:

But yeah I was thinking less swarm.

Darth Stabber
2012-04-06, 11:21 PM
Interesting.

I just can't see a bunch of crow swarms kidnapping childr... That's such a cool mental image :smallbiggrin:

But yeah I was thinking less swarm.

Once you work out the hybrid form, don't have it assume animal form in combat, except as a means of escape, and if it does and they don't get all of the crow and even one gets away, you have an excuse to use him again.

Wavelab
2012-04-06, 11:25 PM
Once you work out the hybrid form, don't have it assume animal form in combat, except as a means of escape, and if it does and they don't get all of the crow and even one gets away, you have an excuse to use him again.

That's good. And it will work with Black Blood Hunter.

So 4 Racial Hit Dice/ 10 Black Blood Hunter/ +2 LA?

Darth Stabber
2012-04-06, 11:51 PM
That's good. And it will work with Black Blood Hunter.

So 4 Racial Hit Dice/ 10 Black Blood Hunter/ +2 LA?

I am not incredibly familiar with BBH, but doesn't that class advance spell progression?

Also mind that weremurder has -8 str +4dex, I would advise a finesse build in this case, hence I brought up SS. If you aren't using ToB, you could use Rogue/assassin, or Bard (w/ snowflake wardance perhaps, and hey, there's a spell progression for BBH), But SS can certainly hold it's own, and can kinda roll with the massive ECL of a lycanthrope. With some WMC rogue minions you'll have all sorts of fun chucking big fistsful of d6s with the boss providing all sorts of non-magical Battlefield control.

Wavelab
2012-04-07, 12:09 AM
I am not incredibly familiar with BBH, but doesn't that class advance spell progression?

Also mind that weremurder has -8 str +4dex, I would advise a finesse build in this case, hence I brought up SS. If you aren't using ToB, you could use Rogue/assassin, or Bard (w/ snowflake wardance perhaps, and hey, there's a spell progression for BBH), But SS can certainly hold it's own, and can kinda roll with the massive ECL of a lycanthrope. With some WMC rogue minions you'll have all sorts of fun chucking big fistsful of d6s with the boss providing all sorts of non-magical Battlefield control.

It doesn't advance spell progression, but it does give some nice goodies.

I'm sure ToB would be acceptable. So 10 SS instead of Black Blood Hunter. I'm presuming I'll be using mostly Shadow Hand Maneuvers. So then in a swarm I'll be doing 1d6+ precision damage to anyone in the area.

Darth Stabber
2012-04-07, 12:26 AM
It doesn't advance spell progression, but it does give some nice goodies.

I'm sure ToB would be acceptable. So 10 SS instead of Black Blood Hunter. I'm presuming I'll be using mostly Shadow Hand Maneuvers. So then in a swarm I'll be doing 1d6+ precision damage to anyone in the area.

Sounds reasonable, though no one would fault you for giving him access to white raven school, perhaps with some refluff.

Wavelab
2012-04-07, 12:34 AM
Sounds reasonable, though no one would fault you for giving him access to white raven school, perhaps with some refluff.

Maybe. But since we are playing villains with a separate DM and the DM likes keeping things close to RAW I don't know, but we could always try. :smallbiggrin: