PDA

View Full Version : Tracking with inteligence?

SetArk
2012-04-07, 07:05 AM
Well the title says everything.. There's actually anyway i could use an inteligence based skill(search) or change the survival to int, to make track checks?
I'm looking on doind an rogue/ranger halfling... And investing on wisdom would slow me down a LOT <I would take the variant were ranger loses it spells and gain feats>

Averis Vol
2012-04-07, 07:10 AM
Not RAW, this is something you should ask your DM for, if you take urban ranger i could understand it, street smarts trumps intuition in the city sort of thing. all the luck to you.

SetArk
2012-04-07, 07:23 AM
Hmmm.. Thx dude ^.^
Gonna have a talk with my DM about it... Gonna even sugest a feat to do so if he think its too overpowered...

Ernir
2012-04-07, 08:17 AM
The Keen Intellect feat from Oriental Adventures does this, among other things.

SetArk
2012-04-07, 11:47 AM
Thx :3
Keen Intellect got the thing ,3
I'm looking of stakin this feet with Kung Fu Genius to make an Halfling Rogue/Swordsage/Ranger xD

Zombulian
2012-04-07, 11:57 AM
Thx :3
Keen Intellect got the thing ,3
I'm looking of stakin this feet with Kung Fu Genius to make an Halfling Rogue/Swordsage/Ranger xD

If you want an Int based monk may I reccommend Carmendine Monk instead of Kung Fu Genius?

SetArk
2012-04-07, 12:04 PM
Hmm nice one but idkn if the dm is going to accept this one.. He is an "no forgotten realms" kind of guy... Allready convinced him of using the Keen Intelligence, but there's no harm on trying x3

Zaq
2012-04-07, 03:02 PM
The Keen Intellect feat from Oriental Adventures does this, among other things.

Is that in the Dragon update? My copy of OA has Keen Intellect as a Dragon or Phoenix Ancestor feat that gives a +1 bonus on INT checks and a +1 bonus on Knowledge, Scry, and Search checks. Was it totally rewritten, or are we talking about two different things?

Thrice Dead Cat
2012-04-07, 07:34 PM
Is that in the Dragon update? My copy of OA has Keen Intellect as a Dragon or Phoenix Ancestor feat that gives a +1 bonus on INT checks and a +1 bonus on Knowledge, Scry, and Search checks. Was it totally rewritten, or are we talking about two different things?

That it is. In the update, it's now a Dragon Ancestor feat only.