PDA

View Full Version : Epic uses of Perform?

Bogardan_Mage
2012-04-07, 07:16 PM
So the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/skills.htm#perform) lists under Epic uses of the Perform skill DCs for changing NPC attitudes that are identical to those for Diplomacy. This struck me as odd, because those DCs aren't particularly epic (ignoring the "Fanatic" column), and indeed the Epic Level Handbook has much higher DCs. I've been trying to figure out where this change was made but I can't find it in either the Errata or the 3.5 update. It appears to have originated in the SRD itself. Can anybody shed any light on this? Is it just some SRD compiler comparing the Diplomacy and Perform tables and fixing an "error" in the latter?

NoldorForce
2012-04-07, 09:34 PM
It's probably just laziness. If you check the original SRD files (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35) from WotC you'll see that the altered DCs are present there as well.

At least it wasn't the Tome of Battle errata.

Acanous
2012-04-07, 09:50 PM
Well, if you have the Book of Erotic Fantasy, I can think of an epic use of the Perform skill that involves your character and a crowd of people...

INoKnowNames
2012-04-07, 10:07 PM
Well, if you have the Book of Erotic Fantasy, I can think of an epic use of the Perform skill that involves your character and a crowd of people...

I believe the op ment with Horns and Instruments, or at least Dancing and Ora... Nope, can't continue that joke any further.

Doesn't a Jumplomancer (assuming I'm not getting the definitions wrong) clear the Epic Usage Dcs to make someone Fanatic rather easily? Mario's probably built like that; how else can he impress so many people just by Jumping?

Morithias
2012-04-08, 02:47 AM
Mario's probably built like that; how else can he impress so many people just by Jumping?

It's the 'stache man. The bloody 'stache.

INoKnowNames
2012-04-08, 03:00 AM
It's the 'stache man. The bloody 'stache.

Technically, the 'stache is just for his Appearance Stat. And it makes him luckier, more likely to get Crits.

DUDE! EVERYONE WHO IS BUFFED BY THE KEEN EDGE SPELL GAINS 'STACHES! :smallbiggrin:

Dairuga
2012-04-11, 09:20 PM
Technically, the 'stache is just for his Appearance Stat. And it makes him luckier, more likely to get Crits.

DUDE! EVERYONE WHO IS BUFFED BY THE KEEN EDGE SPELL GAINS 'STACHES! :smallbiggrin:

The sword gains a 'stache.