PDA

View Full Version : Build your self

Harry
2012-04-07, 08:27 PM
The universe has been warped you get a magic blank character sheet how ever you build the character you gain it's abilities in real life how would you build your self? I'll start wizard 1/binder 1/anima Mage 10/legacy champion 7/tainted scholar 1 with the ritual of alignment
1use wizard abilities for profit
2use binder abilities for profit
3????
4profit!!!!

Edit: d&d 3.5 only level cap is 20 and you have to be human 32 point buy

Zonugal
2012-04-07, 10:34 PM
I think I'd be fine with Human Expert 3 with the Paragon Template attached.

I'd be mighty fine with that.

Ballista
2012-04-07, 10:42 PM
Changeling Factotum10/Chameleon10

What? I am now almost anything and everything ;)

Ninjadeadbeard
2012-04-07, 11:36 PM
Pun Pun. :smallamused:

Nah. Bard 30. I win through dramatic know-how!

gomipile
2012-04-07, 11:40 PM
Well, I'd want to have Elan Factotum 20, at least... What are the rules again?

Calanon
2012-04-07, 11:50 PM
Well, I'd want to have Elan Factotum 20, at least... What are the rules again?

Apparently none :smallbiggrin:

Wizard 30 / Archmage 5 / Netherese Arcanist 5

Contact Other Plane Mystra (Or Ao) until I know where all 5 Nether Scrolls are and of course read them, Create a Mythallar (LOL Quasi-Magical Items), Raise my Enclave, Creature Multiple Demiplanes and Quasi-Magical Keystones that allows people to access gates to this plane allowing me an unlimited amount of space on my 1 mile in diameter Enclave, Discover a random girl names Mari-Sula who is the Great great great grand-daughter of Ioulaum, Eject her into space (only for her to crash into Mystra and merge with her making her Goddess of Magic), Rage quit Dungeons and Dragons.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-04-07, 11:58 PM
Slayer Caste Green Sun Prince. Devil-Tiger. JiveX's interpretation of Isidoros (except for the Imperfection) with TDO's charm tree. Lots of Malfeas and Isidoros charms, plus my own unique charm tree focused on extreme speed, strength, and toughness. When using Isidorian and my own defensive charms, I'll use lines like "pathetic. Look at you, you cannot harm me" and "your attacks are not worth avoiding".

...What? This has to be D&D? But... but... Yasha and Asura are awesome!

Harry
2012-04-08, 12:25 AM
New rules d&d 3.5 only level cap is 20 and you have to be human

Hirax
2012-04-08, 12:28 AM
Heroforge goes up to gestalt level 60, I say that should be the limit >_>

Vizzerdrix
2012-04-08, 12:31 AM

Aww. I wanna be a Troll Rigger :smallfrown:

Ahh well. Wiz1/Effigy Master 5/ Mystic Ranger 9/ Abjurant Champion 5 it is then.

(Hmm... So long as my spell book has Trollshape I can kind of pull off a D&D version of a Troll Rigger):smallbiggrin:

Morithias
2012-04-08, 12:40 AM
Rogue 5/Merchant Prince 5/Green Star Adept 10 (merchant princes get arcane casting so you qualify)

Result. I'm a businessman who can open shops at half price regardless of where it is, get +10 on all profit checks regardless of how much work I put in that month (seriously putting no work and just letting your employees do all the work is only -8 in the DMG2)

Plus I'm also a construct so I'm basically ageless and immortal and can "last for eons" in this form. But I'm not so immortal that when the sun explodes and takes the world with it I won't die, so I won't have to suffer after the end.

Sure I may not be a wizard who can gate in demons or anything, but I think as a businessman I'm also a lot less likely to get shot in the head by a fundamentalist.

Tokuhara
2012-04-08, 12:45 AM
Warblade 4/Human Paragon 3/Stoneblessed 3/Dwarf Paragon 3/Deepstone Sentinel 7

I personally'd use a dwarven urgosh, a set of mountain plate, and generally be a grouch :smalltongue:

Telonius
2012-04-08, 12:46 AM
If we get WBL, I'm set for life no matter what. (50gp per pound, and a pound of gold is something like $24,000; 5000gp and I'm looking at $2.4 million.)

So, the build I'll be looking at would give me a bunch of cool abilities, but not ones that are so flashy that they'd attract undue attention. Last thing I want is to end up in some government "research room." So, lots of passive bonuses. Melee combat isn't really all that useful to me. I don't want to have to explain (or deal with storage for) large purchases of bat guano, so if I do go spellcaster it will need eschew materials. I don't want any fiendish pacts or celestial/infernal beings showing up unannounced. I'm not completely sure of my own alignment, but I'm probably leaning towards CG. So the class has to account for that. (Paladin and Monk are pretty much out). And I'd love for the class to support my novel-writing aspirations.

So, just from that, it sounds like Bard (possibly a Sublime Chord build) is what I want.

... however.

For purely selfish reasons, I want access to "Remove Blindness/Deafness." So I'll need to either have a couple levels in Cleric, or get a scroll and UMD it.

Calanon
2012-04-08, 12:47 AM

Edit that in the OP :smallbiggrin:

on a side note: Wizard 10 / Loremaster 10 spend all of my WBL to perform heinous experiments on the mortals in multiple efforts to gain complete and total control over the Multiverse and rule Supreme as the one TRUE God! :smallamused: ...And yet... Even then I will be unsatisfied :smallannoyed:

Rhatahema
2012-04-08, 12:48 AM
True Neutral Human Expert 2. I'd take Skill Focus (drawing) and Education, I guess.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I'd wield a Suglin.

togapika
2012-04-08, 01:06 AM
High level druid.
Sell people the true reincarnate that can bring you back from death by old age.

Harry
2012-04-08, 01:12 AM
Rogue 5/Merchant Prince 5/Green Star Adept 10 (merchant princes get arcane casting so you qualify)

Result. I'm a businessman who can open shops at half price regardless of where it is, get +10 on all profit checks regardless of how much work I put in that month (seriously putting no work and just letting your employees do all the work is only -8 in the DMG2)

Plus I'm also a construct so I'm basically ageless and immortal and can "last for eons" in this form. But I'm not so immortal that when the sun explodes and takes the world with it I won't die, so I won't have to suffer after the end.

Sure I may not be a wizard who can gate in demons or anything, but I think as a businessman I'm also a lot less likely to get shot in the head by a fundamentalist.
We wizards could just lie that we are clerics and say we are doing"miracles"

Calanon
2012-04-08, 01:34 AM

a good Wizard doesn't walk around outside saying "HEY LOOK AT ME! I CAN GATE IN A TIME DRAGON AND THEN MIND RAPE IT INTO SUBMISSION! EVERYONE WORSHIP ME!" No... a Wizard would work from the shadows and slowly subterfuge the world into his position and then Well... you know (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbPHUU__9ZY) :smallredface:

Anywho! most wizards trying to dominate the world through those means would most likely become Lichs since its easier then just wishing yourself younger :smallsigh:

Morithias
2012-04-08, 01:40 AM
We wizards could just lie that we are clerics and say we are doing"miracles"

Yeah, but then you're stuck with the whole "which religion" is true stuff. Say one is true, another religion's followers will try to kill you, etc, etc.

You get my picture?

As for the stealth ruling the world...well...it's often hard and boring to rule the world, plus as a wizard with a high intelligence score you're going to be yelling "WHY AM I SURROUNDED BY THESE IDIOTS" a lot.

Tvtyrant
2012-04-08, 01:54 AM
Druid 5/Planar Shepard 10/Druid 5

Calanon
2012-04-08, 02:25 AM
Yeah, but then you're stuck with the whole "which religion" is true stuff. Say one is true, another religion's followers will try to kill you, etc, etc.

You get my picture?

As for the stealth ruling the world...well...it's often hard and boring to rule the world, plus as a wizard with a high intelligence score you're going to be yelling "WHY AM I SURROUNDED BY THESE IDIOTS" a lot.

Ah but now your forgetting! I can always just have contingent "Supress rage and annoyance" always set up :smalltongue:

Strormer
2012-04-08, 02:49 AM
Well, I'm not a very optimized person, but I'd most likely go bard for around 6 levels, then some good ranger until like 11th, then prolly mystic theurge or effigy master.

Bard 6/Ranger 11/MT or Efg 3

Bladesinger
2012-04-08, 05:40 AM
Assuming to Lvl. 20...
Wizard4/Sorcerer3/Ultimate Magus 10/Paladin of Freedom 2/Barbarian 1.

...What? I'm an English major who thinks with his gut as much as his head and believes in defending the freedoms of all people. I am also pretty (in)famous for the physical stunts I've pulled while pissed off.

Ashtagon
2012-04-08, 05:41 AM

gestalt druid 20 / wizard 20.

Kish
2012-04-08, 05:50 AM
Wizard and one of those prestige classes that advances full casting and doesn't have a downside, for all twenty levels.
Neutral Good.

Stats at level 1:
Strength 10
Dexterity 10
Constitution 14
Intelligence 15
Wisdom 15
Charisma 14

Stats at level 20:
Strength 10
Dexterity 10
Constitution 14
Intelligence 20
Wisdom 15
Charisma 14

I would take all the magic item crafting feats, and wear a ton of stat-boosting items at level 20.

_flint_
2012-04-08, 05:51 AM
Human
Druid5/ Beastmaster1/ Warshaper5/ Wizard3/Geomancer6

Feats:Sacred Vow(Human),Vow of Poverty(HD1),Exalted Companion (VoP1) Nymph's Kiss (VoP2), Skill Focus(Handle Animal)(HD3), Touch of Golden Ice (VoP4), Intuitive Attack(VoP6), Abberation Blood(Bulging Eyes)(HD6),Sanctify Natural Attack(VoP8), Natural Bond(HD9), Nimbus of Light(VoP10) Scribe Scroll(Wizard1), Gift of Faith(VoP12), Abberation Blood(Tail)(HD12), Gift of Discernment(VoP14),Abberation Wild Shape(HD15), Celestial Familiar(VoP16), Stigmata(VoP18), Extra Wild Shape(HD18), Holy Radiance(VoP20)

Abilities:16STR,18DEX,16CON,10INT,18WIS,10CHA

Animal Companion:Giant Constrictor
Familiar:Celestial Raven
Drift:touch Vine Hair, swift as an elk, Webs
Ley Lines: Forest+2
Wizard Specialization:Illusion
Prohibited Schools:Necromancy, Evocation
Spellbook: Mage Armor, Grease, Expeditious Retreat, Protection From Evil, Feather Fall, Mirror Image, Invisibility

Hazzardevil
2012-04-08, 05:59 AM
Bard X/Swordsage 2/Jade Pheonix Mage/Sublime Chord/Jade Pheonix Mage/Abjurant champion.
I can beat the crap out of stuff, can cast plenty of spells and when in doubt nuke the world.

Socratov
2012-04-08, 05:59 AM
Oh, I'd totally go for Bard 8/virtuoso 2/sublime chord 2/virtuoso 8 Not only will I finally be able to be rockstar, I'd be mighty good at it and can throw magic around as well as be charming etc. (And I may or may not have DFI)

Beelzebub1111
2012-04-08, 06:06 AM
Shadowcaster 20. I'm not going for power, I'm going for superhero. And those abilities are perfect for patrolling the streets of Trenton, looking for wrongs to right and cleaning up this city.

Talakeal
2012-04-08, 06:15 AM
Bard 5 / Heart Warder 10 / Sorcerer 1 / Holy Liberator 4 or something like that, don't have my book with me to make the build quite legal.

Tokuhara
2012-04-08, 07:08 AM
Wow. Lots of casters, but almost no melee/rogues? So sad.

ChaoticBroth
2012-04-08, 07:18 AM
This ought to be tough. I'd go with either Artificer 20, or if that doesn't work, Warblade 20.

Artificer would be there because I could do more-or-less whatever I wanted to do, but there would be money complications and whatnot.

Warblade otherwise, because, you know, being a badass with a spiked chain/greatsword is pretty awesome. And, I'd be able to IHS away stuff like financial debt, depression, bleeding, hunger, thirst, etc.

Kish
2012-04-08, 07:23 AM
Wow. Lots of casters, but almost no melee/rogues? So sad.
Given that I've actually never had call to fistfight someone in real life, and hope to keep it that way, why would I choose for myself "the ability to go toe-to-toe with an army tank and win" over "the ability to fly, teleport, cure diseases*, heal*, etc., etc., etc., (another page of etc.s follows)."?

*Limited Wishes.

Kaeso
2012-04-08, 07:35 AM
I'd probably build myself as a cloistered cleric 20 for multiple reasons:
1. I have the awnser to the oldest question in the universe
2. Being able to heal and restore lost bodyparts is pretty cool
3. I'm a tier 1 class, I can do everything and then some
4. Skill points and all knowledge domains, I'll be one of the most knowledgeable people around
5. Did I mention being a tier 1 class is pretty cool?

I'm sure there are some overpowered PrCs I could throw on top of it, but nothing comes to mind right now

Kaeso
2012-04-08, 07:36 AM
Given that I've actually never had call to fistfight someone in real life, and hope to keep it that way, why would I choose for myself "the ability to go toe-to-toe with an army tank and win" over "the ability to fly, teleport, cure diseases*, heal*, etc., etc., etc., (another page of etc.s follows)."?

*Limited Wishes.

I think you mean:
Why would I choose for myself "the ability to go toe-to-toe with an army tank and win" over "The ability to go toe-to-toe with an entire armored division, destroy it by sneezing too hard and come out of the fight unharmed"?

Johel
2012-04-08, 07:58 AM
The universe has been warped you get a magic blank character sheet how ever you build the character you gain it's abilities in real life how would you build your self? I'll start wizard 1/binder 1/anima Mage 10/legacy champion 7/tainted scholar 1 with the ritual of alignment
1use wizard abilities for profit
2use binder abilities for profit
3????
4profit!!!!

Edit: d&d 3.5 only level cap is 20 and you have to be human

For abilities, how many points ?
Because otherwise, we can just take Commoner and max abilities.
We would still be better off than most humans.
I'm talking about Str, Dex, Con, Int, Wis and Cha, here.

Any way, if we can really define our own abilities, Sorcerer is the way to go.
No dependancy on anything but yourself.
No prayer to some Greater Being to get some speck of power.
No studying a book every morning before breakfast.
No careful planning.
Just being awesome

0-level spells

Detect Poison, Detect Magic
Can't be bad.

Light, Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Message, Arcane Mark
"And lo, the mighty God spoke to his followers, a bright light coming from the sky as His voice was heard.
And to his Chosen Ones he granted words of wisdom in their mind and a mark for all to recognise them."
Yeah, I know, not good to play god with mortals but it's fun.

Mending, Prestidigitation
Always useful.
It avoids laundry, cooking and all boring task.
Of course, once you rule the world, utility goes down.
But just in case, always useful.

1st level spells

Endure Elements, Mage Armor, Disguise Self
Being able to run around naked in winter is pretty cool.
Especially if you can make yourself look like somebody else.
The armor is always good, too.
So those would be daily spells.

Sleep, Silent Image
Soft power is the best power.
Silent Image might really help to reinforce the "New God" image.
Sleep can take care of people who are annoying enough to be silenced but precious enough to be left alive.

2nd level spells

Invisibility, Eagle’s Splendor
Well, obviously...

Touch of Idiocy, Blindness/Deafness, Detect Thoughts
The "I'm a ****" combo.
Being able to make most people more stupid just by touching them is fine.
Being able to listen to their thoughts, even only the most obvious is great.
Being able to make them blind or deaf for THINKING to wrong you ? Priceless.

3rd level spells

Tongues, Water Breathing, Summon Monster III
What kind of god cannot understand his followers ?
Also, faking as a sea god might be too good to be ignored.
As for the monsters... sometime, to make a point, you need to Summon a 30ft Centipede to remind people of who is in charge.
Alternatively, a pack of Celestial dogs can also do the trick.

Shrink Item
Easy little miracle.
Also, allow me to carry my "must have" stuff around.

4th level spells

Charm Monster, Lesser Geas, Bestow Curse
You charm them so they serve you.
If it doesn't work, you force them.
If they are the stuborn kind, you set an exemple.

Resilient Sphere
There will be case when, even for only two minutes, I might need to be utterly invincible to think about the situation.

5th level spells

Break Enchantment
Because for all the nasty things I might do to people as their god, I must be able to show mercy.

Overland Flight
Because !!

Baleful Polymorph, Dominate Person
Keeping a collection of small animals who might or might not be changed back into humans is useful.
And so is Domination.

6th level spells

Disintegrate
For when things have to just disapear.

Wall of Iron
While it is a "get rich quick" scheme in D&D, it would merely be useful to help my minions.

Control Water
Fits with the "sea god" theme.

7th level spells

Greater Scrying, Greater Teleport
Because against mortals, Scry-And-Die works.

Limited Wish
A sorcerer should not restrict his options.

8th level spells

Demand
Ruling from the distance

Moment of Prescience
Because I got that feeling that, someday, I will definitely regret not to have seen something coming.

Greater Prying Eyes
A true god should NEVER be taken off guard.

9th level spells

Time Stop, Summon Monster IX, Shades
Sometime, you need flexibility and speed
I don't expect to have to use these spells ever.
But having them is a good thing.

Feats :
Eschew Materials
Extend Spell
Silent Spell

limejuicepowder
2012-04-08, 08:17 AM
Yeah yeah spellcasters are awesome....but the original post seems to indicate you only get to choose your own class. I would think that means you DON'T get some crazy real-life point buy system to boost the relevant ability scores. Since the average person has a score of 10 or 11 for each ability, good luck casting spells. Even a reasonably smart/wise/charismatic person probably only has an actually score of 14 at most - not nearly enough to get the truly insane spells.

With that in mind, I would probably take Warlock or Binder 20. Tons of useful abilities that can be used all day, and they aren't tied as heavily to having an insane ability score - they won't be quite as potent, but at least they can be used.

Johel
2012-04-08, 08:26 AM
Yeah yeah spellcasters are awesome....but the original post seems to indicate you only get to choose your own class. I would think that means you DON'T get some crazy real-life point buy system to boost the relevant ability scores. Since the average person has a score of 10 or 11 for each ability, good luck casting spells. Even a reasonably smart/wise/charismatic person probably only has an actually score of 14 at most - not nearly enough to get the truly insane spells.

With that in mind, I would probably take Warlock or Binder 20. Tons of useful abilities that can be used all day, and they aren't tied as heavily to having an insane ability score - they won't be quite as potent, but at least they can be used.

Yeah, hence my question for abilities, as it wasn't really clear in the OP.

Wouldn't warlocks need charisma, too ?
Never actually play the class so I don't know for sure.

Kish
2012-04-08, 09:03 AM
Yeah yeah spellcasters are awesome....but the original post seems to indicate you only get to choose your own class.

How on earth do you get that from "blank character sheet how ever you build the character you gain it's abilities in real life"?

To the OP, I would be interested to know how stats are generated, since if we can just write down what we want there's no reason for us not to all have all ability scores of "as many 9's as I can fit in this box writing really tiny."

Ryulin18
2012-04-08, 09:05 AM
20 levels of Dread Necromancer.

Keep a small entourage of Clerics under the vow of poverty (Undead in white cloaks) and keep anything worth keeping. Maybe make a business using them for dangerous excercises like mining or building.

Also kill some big evil dragons, hollow them, fill them with seats and luxury and make an aeroplane for rent. Get a few more and open an airport.

Also I'm now a lich.

Or 20 levels of straight artificer. Because I can.

Kaeso
2012-04-08, 09:12 AM

But the OP assumed level 20. Let's say I'm quite wise for my age (giving me a score of 12) and I pick to choose cleric. If I'm level 20 and use every 4th level boost to increase my wisdom, I end up with a wisdom score of 17. Owls wisdom gives me a score of 21, making me able to cast every cleric spell around.

hushblade
2012-04-08, 09:20 AM
I'm thinking Sorcerer 18/Wyrm Wizard2 for miracle.

Johel has a pretty great spell, I'd probably tweak a couple of them because of the amazing versatility miracle allows.

Bard for Kicks
2012-04-08, 09:21 AM
Human DM 20. :smallbiggrin:

Hazzardevil
2012-04-08, 09:24 AM
If everyone gets 10 or 11 in stats, then an artificer, warlock or binder are the best choice.
Artificer makes magic items for ability scores, warlock does the same with at-will spells. Binder basically lets you get people to give you power for essentially free.

That gives me an idea, someone should run a 3.5 game where everyone has a 10 in every stat plus racial mods and try to fight CR appropriate challenges.

FearlessGnome
2012-04-08, 09:36 AM
Shadowcaster 20. I'm not going for power, I'm going for superhero. And those abilities are perfect for patrolling the streets of Trenton, looking for wrongs to right and cleaning up this city.

Hero... or villain? :smallamused: Trolling the planet, putting up Black Labyrinths in large cities would be hilarious.

...Not for the very real people who risk starving to death in a maze of magical darkness and weirdness, admittedly, but eey, think of the headlines!

Harry
2012-04-08, 09:38 AM
New rule 32 point buy

Edenbeast
2012-04-08, 09:49 AM
With a phd in ecology, I think I'll settle with druid and a dire tree swallow as my companion..

Hazzardevil
2012-04-08, 09:50 AM
Hero... or villain? :smallamused: Trolling the planet, putting up Black Labyrinths in large cities would be hilarious.

...Not for the very real people who risk starving to death in a maze of magical darkness and weirdness, admittedly, but eey, think of the headlines!

Better yet, it wouldn't be murder! It would be manslaughter!

Zach J.
2012-04-08, 09:56 AM
I tried statting myself up as a D&D character once. This is what I came up with:

TN Human Commoner 2

STR 8, DEX 8, CON 8, INT 10, WIS 8, CHA 10

Skills: Concentration +2, Craft (Drawing) +5, Perform (Sing) +5, Profession (Burger King Employee) +2

Feats: Skill Focus (Concentration), Skill Focus (Craft (Drawing)), Skill Focus (Perform (Sing)), Toughness

Flaws: Feeble, Noncombatant

Kish
2012-04-08, 09:57 AM
New rule 32 point buy
Stats edited into my first post in this thread accordingly.

Salanmander
2012-04-08, 10:02 AM
Do we have knowledge of fictional creatures? If we do, probably Druid 5/Master of Many Forms 4/ Factotum 11. Otherwise, Druid 5/Master of Many Forms 2/Factotum 13.

MoMF 2 gets large forms, which would be great for turning into things like bears, dolphins (I assume they're large?), and apes.
MoMF 4 gets fey and tiny, and who doesn't want to be able to turn into a pixie?After that it's several more levels til the next type I'd really want, and I don't want to take too many levels away from factotum.

As for Factotum, I love always responding with "I can do that!". I'm quite a bit of a dabbler in real life anyway, so I know I enjoy it. =)

Alternately, can we go gestalt at ECL-2? If we can, then I'd start with Druid 5/Master of Many Forms 10/Something 3//Factotum 18, and tweak from there. Either way I'd definitely spend hours, probably weeks, scouring books and making decisions, tweaking until I've settled on my final build.

Edit: Stats from 32-point buy.
Str: 8
Dex: 12
Con: 11
Int: 18 (all level-based stat boosts go here)
Wis: 13
Cha: 12

All Int all the time, plus just enough Wis to cast my 3rd level druid spells. It also ends up similar to actual me in terms of which stats are better than others, just with pretty much everything bumped up.

Wavelab
2012-04-08, 10:22 AM
Well if I were to create my self:
I'm a musician so bard.
I have spent most of my life doing karate so unarmed swordsage(cause monk sucks).
I have various skills like lock picking, bluffing, acting, hiding(both the indoor and outdoor variety).
I have an intelligence that is a reasonable height above average.
I've been in the wild a few times and I have reasonable hunting experience so scout and ranger(swift hunter that is).

So bard 3/ Swordsage 9/ Scout 4/ Ranger 4. Yep that's most likely me.

Attributes
Strength 10
Dexterity 14
Constitution 10
Intelligence 16
Wisdom 14
Charisma 14

I just realised how unoptimized I am.

But if I had to choose something cool I'd probably go for Erudite(spell to power) 10/ Subverted Psion 10.

Ason
2012-04-08, 10:53 AM
Though I might be able to justify dips into other classes (e.g. Bard or Unarmed Swordsage), realistically I would be 20 straight levels of Archivist. Given that my intent is to be either a professor of philosophy or a religious leader, Archivist makes the most sense. I also have a knack for trivia and random but handy information, so the knowledge bonuses help too. My ability scores would be pretty strong, but I probably have poor feat selection.

The only downside is that I must have a rather malicious DM, as I don't have any magic scrolls or superpowers yet. This must be a low fantasy campaign. Ugh.

Maxios
2012-04-08, 10:56 AM
10 Sourcerer/5 Bard/5 Fighter

limejuicepowder
2012-04-08, 12:06 PM
New rule 32 point buy

If there's a 32 point buy, how is the question even "build yourself"? If your stats are 10, 12, 10, 12, 11, 8, are you still the same person with stats of 8, 10, 12, 18, 10, 10? I would say No, you're not.

With 32 point buy, the question should really be "If you were playing in a DnD game where the setting was modern day, and no one had extraordinary powers except for your character, what would you play?"

I would be a warblade, with possible dips in barbarian. I think it fits me best.

Johel
2012-04-08, 12:27 PM
If there's a 32 point buy, how is the question even "build yourself"? If your stats are 10, 12, 10, 12, 11, 8, are you still the same person with stats of 8, 10, 12, 18, 10, 10? I would say No, you're not.

With 32 point buy, the question should really be "If you were playing in a DnD game where the setting was modern day, and no one had extraordinary powers except for your character, what would you play?"

Well... physical abilities don't instantly alter your personality.
As for Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma, that's another matter.
But I guess it wouldn't suddenly make you a different person.

You make a valid point, though.

Kish
2012-04-08, 12:27 PM
If there's a 32 point buy, how is the question even "build yourself"?
You appear to be reading "Build your self" as "Make a character based on yourself," but I believe what Harry is asking for amounts to, "If a genie appeared and offered to transform you into a 32-point-buy level-20 D&D character, and you would live the rest of your life in the real world as the character you statted, what would you choose?" It's "Build your self" in that, whichever character you stat, that is your "self" afterward, whether it bears any resemblance to your previous self or not.

Certainly, it could completely change your personality. If you wanted to you could guarantee it, in fact, by putting an alignment you know yourself to currently be far away from on the character sheet.

The universe has been warped you get a magic blank character sheet how ever you build the character you gain it's abilities in real life how would you build your self?

limejuicepowder
2012-04-08, 12:36 PM
You appear to be reading "Build your self" as "Make a character based on yourself," but I believe what Harry is asking for amounts to, "If a genie appeared and offered to transform you into a 32-point-buy level-20 D&D character, and you would live the rest of your life in the real world as the character you statted, what would you choose?" It's "Build your self" in that, whichever character you stat, that is your "self" afterward, whether it bears any resemblance to your previous self or not.

Ah hah. After rereading the OP, I would agree with you. Reading comprehension fail for me xD

Ialdabaoth
2012-04-08, 12:39 PM
Easy.

Gnosis 4, Life 5, Fate 4, Mind 3, Prime 2, and a Legacy Attainment that lets me swear pledges like a Changeling.

Wyntonian
2012-04-08, 12:44 PM
Eh, Warblade/Wildshape Ranger. Fear the squirrel divebombing you you Tiger Claw Maneuvers.

Also, I'm a martial artist with some sword training, so warblade is a good fit. I also love to be outside running, hiking, camping, fishing, whatever, and turning into a bear is way cooler than being able to shoot a bow, hence wildshape ranger.

I'd probably take a lot of Diamond Mind and Iron Heart maneuvers, Imp. Unarmed Strike, and Snap Kick. I'd fight unarmed, with a longsword or with a staff.

Also, I'm rather glad nobody has said the Assplomancer.

Darth Stabber
2012-04-08, 12:46 PM
Oh, I'd totally go for Bard 8/virtuoso 2/sublime chord 2/virtuoso 8 Not only will I finally be able to be rockstar, I'd be mighty good at it and can throw magic around as well as be charming etc. (And I may or may not have DFI)

DFI + rockstar = FLAMING MOSH PIT + lots of ambulances.

I would probably go druid20 or some wizard5/prc1x/prc2x/prc3x/ect build. I'm torn between my hippy tree hugger ways and my drive to know and control everything.

Harry
2012-04-08, 12:48 PM

Certainly, it could completely change your personality. If you wanted to you could guarantee it, in fact, by putting an alignment you know yourself to currently be far away from on the character sheet.

Exactly ^this post

FearlessGnome
2012-04-08, 03:23 PM
Also, I'm rather glad nobody has said the Assplomancer.Shameless plug. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238255)

Myself, I think I would go... Wizard -> Dweomerkeeper/Incantatrix. Or maybe Lightning Warrior, since a Familiar might attract attention with its awesomeness.

A Cleric of Kyuss might conceivably be able to pull off a Zombie Apocalypse, though. Hmm...

Ashtagon
2012-04-08, 03:37 PM
New rule 32 point buy

Flaws? Gestalt? Cheese? Ham?

Randomguy
2012-04-08, 04:11 PM
Dread Necro 9/Wiz 1/Rainbow Servant 10, using versatile spellcaster to cast wizard spells and alternate spell source so I can DMM persist wizard and dread necro spells. Also, thought bottle abuse for infinite items.

Either that, or a spell to power erudite with a level of binder to bind Naberious and the body fuel feat, So that I could recharge my PP each day. I'd grab a candle of invocation or a custom magic item of summon monster or planar binding so that I could summon things to learn arcane spells from.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-04-08, 04:21 PM
Artificer 20, I am an engineering student so that seems the most logical path, I wouls also abuse Alternative spellist for spell levels discount (haste as a level 1 spell? Yes please and add heal as a 5thevel on the side)

Psionic Artficer would be better actually, they can make all psionic items (Skin of the Proteus FTW!) and many normal items.

Beelzebub1111
2012-04-08, 09:38 PM

Nah, hero. I dream of cleaning up my city, making the streets safe to walk at night, even if marginally so. The fundamentals are good for scaring or weakening some punks, Apprentice mysteries make great finishers. Initiates are for "Oh crap, I'm in trouble" and leave the Master Paths for when a real villain shows up.

Harry
2012-04-08, 10:02 PM

Anything exempt gestalt but remember if you choose a flaw your stuck with it for the rest of your life so think about how they will affect your life.... And stuff:smallbiggrin:

Calanon
2012-04-08, 10:22 PM

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.slashfood.com/media/2010/08/greasy-bacon-590-1282238110.jpg
BACON?

Sorry... I had to do it... :smalltongue:

Anywho! Thinking back I'd go with Wizard/4 Sorcerer/1 Ultimate Magus/10 Loremaster/5 (I prefer it over Archmage)

Tokiko Mima
2012-04-09, 02:08 AM
Hmm.. I would say, Spontaneous Divination Wizard 5/Stoneblessed 3/Shadowcraft Mage 5/Ultimate Magus 6/Nightmare Spinner 1. A human Killer Gnome build, in other words. It would be fun to see what an illusion spell that's 'realer than reality itself' looks like.

FearlessGnome
2012-04-09, 05:13 AM
It would be fun to see what an illusion spell that's 'realer than reality itself' looks like.

Love. It's filthy lies and chemicals, but at the end of the day it's the best our world has to offer.

MukkTB
2012-04-09, 10:16 AM
I think pun-pun is the answer. If god says no cheese then a fully optimized wizard.

Nizaris
2012-04-09, 11:00 AM
Human Factotum 3/Artificer 17
10/14/14/16(+5)/12/12

Notable Feats: Wedded to History (Survivor), Apprentice (craftsman) Keen Intellect, Legendary and Extraordinary Artisan Feats, Master Craftsman

Built item - Solid Adamantine box 4'x4'x8' with a planar geneisis linked to the door on one side. Console in the plane that can cast greater teleport, plane shift, invisibility, and antimagic field on the door (the door exists on the plane and in the material plane so line of effect is established). Also has the ability to put a forcecage around the box. Additional spells include scrying, make whole, teleport through time, and avoid planar effects with a Veil of Obscurity and Cloudkeel with the controls on the inside.

Personal tools is... you can figure it out.

Oscredwin
2012-04-09, 12:03 PM
If I get to be a level 20 anything with everyone else being, at best, level 5 experts/fighters/monks? I'd be a wizard (build doesn't matter as long as I have 9th level spells, but I'd like to go Beguiler1/Wizard(diviner)4/UM(with PC trick)10/MT5).

I'd focus on high DCs (28 or so would be the cap) and being undetectable. casting charm person all day long (and a few dominates) just crushes all other options for accomplishing my goals in the world. Throw in a trick for breaking the economy (or three) and I can do anything I would want. Take leadership for a level 18 cohort.

A bardic diplomancer would be good too. Either way I could be elected president, broker peace everywhere. Scry and die (charm or dominate person) anyone who is starting wars (trade wars, border raids, any shooting of non convicted criminals), followed by human rights violators, etc. BLAM! World Peace.

Then use knowledge/craft skills/divinations to get involved in scientific research. Get nano tech working. Awaken computers to get AIs online. Permanent image can make some truly awesome computers (no heat) that NO ONE SHOULD EVER TOUCH.

Medicine would be harder, but the resources built above would help a lot. Space travel is also a problem unless I can make a skyhook (if I can then I just teleport it up to GSO and let it spool down).

I've just mostly fixed the world and given it the resources to clear up the rest of the problems. I don't think I've used a spell higher than 5th level.

Callista
2012-04-09, 01:02 PM
This isn't really a "build yourself" thread, is it? It's more like, "build the most powerful character you could stand to be."

In which case, I'd just go Cleric 20 and be done with it. Powerful, versatile, and if I do anything horrible with it, all the powers go *poof* before I get the chance to hurt anybody. Works for me.

Tokiko Mima
2012-04-11, 01:49 AM
Love. It's filthy lies and chemicals, but at the end of the day it's the best our world has to offer.

I WIELD THE POWER OF LOVE! AND IT CAN SPONTANEOUSLY REPLICATE 9TH LEVEL CLERIC SPELLS AND 8TH LEVEL SPELLS OF ANY CLASS!! LOVE IS AWESOME!!!

:smile: + :amused: + :cool:

Wings of Peace
2012-04-11, 02:47 AM
Sha'ir 3/Erudite (Mantled [Magic]) 1/Cerebremancer 6/Mind Mage 10

All metamagic for free and the ability to easily replenish my own slots along with a massive caster level/manifester level? Yes please.

SilverLeaf167
2012-04-11, 02:55 AM
Wizard 3/Psion 3 (Egoist)/Cerebremancer 10/Geometer 3. Sure, not the most optimized build, but do I really need double 9s or universe-bending ultimate power in real life? I also like to think of myself as having a fairly high Intelligence score :smallwink:

CGforever!
2012-04-22, 11:53 AM
Well, considering the newest rules, I would be a...

CG Factotum 20
Str 14, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 13
Font of Inspiration (x4), Improved Initiative, Leadership, Quick Draw, Improved Unarmed Strike (?), meh

I don't want to get too detailed into the build, given how many splatbooks there are to go through. Point is, Being a factotum, I could do pretty much anything, and with those ability scores, not much would be denied to me. I think its' pretty self-explanatory.

I would rather be this than a straight caster, because I don't think I could really enjoy the life of a caster, even a sorcerer. I like being versatile more than strictly powerful, and I would want to be actually skilled at things instead of via spells, and with factotum I'm still capable of spells (via arcane dilletante and UMD).

However, If I were to build myself as a 20th level character, I'd say scout 6/transmuter 5/swiftblade 9.

Iferus
2012-04-22, 01:25 PM
There is only one ability that I really want: Timeless Body, to stop ageing. Being a Monk wouldn't be too bad, although being able to hit people and run really fast probably won't help very much in achieving my goal of living a happy life. A Druid on the other hand can do whatever he wants, make a living as the world's best medic and will always have a best friend around :-)

Venger
2012-04-22, 03:12 PM
There is only one ability that I really want: Timeless Body, to stop ageing. Being a Monk wouldn't be too bad, although being able to hit people and run really fast probably won't help very much in achieving my goal of living a happy life. A Druid on the other hand can do whatever he wants, make a living as the world's best medic and will always have a best friend around :-)

you do still die of old age when your time is up though. if immortality's what you're after, check this out:
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5996.0

As for me:

Factotum 5/Mindbender 1/Factotum 19

Do anything, communicate telepathically. Mindsight to be special forces material if that floats your boat. Can do anything from blackmail world leaders to cheat at poker. plus cunning brilliance gives you wizard casting, fighter bonus feats, druid wild shape, etc. at the beginning of every day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmoKhFJRUOk

Cirrylius
2012-04-22, 03:28 PM
Heh. I'd try to get my ability scores activated first, and use my newfound 18 intelligence to scour sourcebooks and the internet for the best optimization.

Elfinor
2012-04-22, 07:21 PM
Interesting to see some skillful builds.

A few questions:

Do we have standard Level 20 wealth and access to 'magic mart'? If not, are Wizards, Erudites and Archivists allowed to learn any spells aside from those gained via levelling up?
Are we importing cohorts/followers/thralls/familiars from the D&D world?
Is there automatic qualification for 'special' PrC requirements (must have died, must have joined Wayfarers Union, must be chums with the Elves) that are possible while being a level 20 human?
Is there any 'leftover' XP for crafting/XP component spells?

Either way, might have to change my build to a Dweomerkeeper one. A thread around here mentioned they don't spend XP (or other components) on their (Su) converted spells. Wish and Permanency are important. Pity it doesn't work on Genesis.

hobbitkniver
2012-04-22, 07:24 PM
Commoner 1. Applies to pretty much everyone who isn't an adventurer, right? I'm not actually sure how what determines a commoners level.

OverdrivePrime
2012-04-22, 07:52 PM
I'd go with Spirit Shaman 4 / Warblade 6 / Perelandron PrC* 10

I'm personally very close to nature, with a warrior's heart. I'm a dedicated martial artist, as well as a passionate advocate for the environment. I also look forward to the opportunity to beat up frost giants. :smallbiggrin:

*The Perelandron (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203791) is prestige class I wrote a while back that pretty much is everything I want in a D&D character. It's surprisingly not as cheesy as it could be, and is essentially a shamanic version of the Jade Phoenix Mage.

Darth Stabber
2012-04-22, 11:21 PM
If we can gestalt

Human wizard(generalist)15/archmage5//Psion(Shaper)5/Psion Uncarnte10/psion5
Str8
Dex12
Con14
Int18
Wis8
Cha14
Fly around as disembodies consciousness.

Start an urban legend about a specific abandoned building. When TLC shows up to do one of their stupid haunted house documentaries, show them the true meaning of terror, see what of my horrible, grotesque illusions end up on TV. If i really want to horrify, 1 casting of Avascular Mass will ensure that anyone watching the tape never sleeps again. Bottom line anytime a group enters that building, at least one person isn't leaving alive, and any that do escape leave their sanity behind. actually do this in several cities. Maybe set up some resetting magical traps to allow the horror to continue unabated.

Maybe remake The Ring, only in reality.

Summon monsters to attack cities out of the blue, shattering buildings, and then disappearing 2 minutes later.

Offer people Faustian bargains, their soul (which I can't collect but they doesn't know that), for the thing that they think will make their life perfect. Give them the thing and make them incredibly successful, but so miserable that every day is a constant tourcher. As I drive them to the brink, leave subtle clues of the bargain, and make sure people find out.

And so many other horrible, despicable, horrifying things that people are driven together, pushing aside conflicts between nations to deal with the new supernatural threats surrounding them.

Willpowered One
2012-04-23, 01:12 AM
I'd probably go Ardent 20.
I'd have my highest stats be wisdom and dex.

I'd have fairly decent physical capabilities, and have magic for when things actually go down :smallbiggrin:

The Ardent has to be one of my favorite classes. Another would be the Justiciar :smallwink:

demigodus
2012-04-23, 02:40 AM
Human Druid 10/Planar Shepherd 10

Druid ACFs: Elemental Companion, Urban Sense, Voice of the City, Crowd-Walker, Go to Ground, Planar Druid 4

Feats: Greensinger Initiate, Nymph's Kiss, Ashbound Summon, Greenbound Summon, Natural Spell
Not sure what feats to take starting at level 12. Maybe become the world's best basket weaver?

Stats:
Strength 8
Dexterity 8
Constitution 12
Intelligence 14
Wisdom 18
Charisma 14

For skills, Bluff is absolutely necessary to maximize, and diplomacy could be fun. Perform of some sort, as well as knowledge the Planes could be useful. Probably some crafting or profession too.

Between somehow obtaining a silver tongue that could make anyone my friend, ability to make any lie convincing, and brain washing via magicks, I can stay away from the spot light as I call upon super natural beings that make Godzilla look weak. Given how good the druid spell list is at controlling natural disasters, I could potentially shape world politics without anyone realizing. Until I got bored of it and decided to drop a few uber-elementals in the middle of a city...

Xynphos
2012-04-23, 07:24 AM
Well, I would prefer to be the very best. Like no one ever was.

Battle Sorcerer 4/ Warblade 1/ Jade Phoenix Mage 2/ Abjurant Champion 5/ Jade Phoenix Mage 8

Feats: Extra Familiar*6, Improved Familiar

Note: I would have an old Artificer friend create a custom magic device, in the shape of a sphere, to contain my familiars while I'm not using them.

CGforever!
2012-04-23, 07:56 AM
Well, I would prefer to be the very best. Like no one ever was.

Battle Sorcerer 4/ Warblade 1/ Jade Phoenix Mage 2/ Abjurant Champion 5/ Jade Phoenix Mage 8

Feats: Extra Familiar*6, Improved Familiar

Note: I would have an old Artificer friend create a custom magic device, in the shape of a sphere, to contain my familiars while I'm not using them.

Flaw: Rival.

Oscredwin
2012-04-23, 09:49 AM
It's interesting how most everyone is posting combat options. A level 20 commoner has +10BAB, +6 saves and 50+20x(con mod) hp. A level 5 fighter has +5BAB +4 Fort save, and 33+ 5x(con mod), A level 20 wizard who doesn't dump con can just out fight a level 5 fighter.

The big challenges in the real world don't involve being a murderhobo. Being optimized for a world where there are dragons and demons means you have to know how to fight. Being optimized for a world where there are no super powered bad guys means something else.

Soranar
2012-04-23, 10:20 AM
I'd go Ardent 10/Uncarnate 10

not sure which mante to pick for a dominant ideal, probably creation, + practiced manifester

now my only worry becomes ghosthunters stalking my home

OverdrivePrime
2012-04-24, 12:06 PM
The big challenges in the real world don't involve being a murderhobo. Being optimized for a world where there are dragons and demons means you have to know how to fight. Being optimized for a world where there are no super powered bad guys means something else.

Totally true... except now we've gotta worry about some 80+ other Super-powered murder hobos that might step outta line and mess up our real world.

Cor1
2012-04-27, 08:54 PM
Erudite Spell-to-Power 20. Last Bonus Feat : Supernatural Transformation (Reality Revision).

First, I'd save the world. Then I'd go build planets or something.

Elfinor
2012-04-28, 01:01 AM
Totally true... except now we've gotta worry about some 80+ other Super-powered murder hobos that might step outta line and mess up our real world. Wait... really? We have to worry about that too? M.O. changes significantly in that scenario, though I suppose the build doesn't. I was a little surprised at the number of people who basically said they'd spend their lives trolling.

Redid the old build (Supernatural Spell=free Wishes!!!), also fleshed out MO a lot more than I probably should have at this time. At least now Elfinor is not an Ur-Priest and hence free to be Neutral.

The Build:
N Human
ScribeDR353 Cloistered Cleric of 'Wizardry' (Domains: Magic, PlanningCWar, Knowledge) 1/Storm DomainUA, Eidetic SpellcasterDR357, Spontaneous DivinationCC Wizard 5/IncantatarPGtF 4/DweomerkeeperWeb (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20040522a) 10

Prohibited School (from Incantatar): Necromancy

Base Statistics (straight after being 'ported over)
STR 8 DEX 14 CON 14 INT 23 WIS 10 CHA 10
Expect these to be augmented with Wish and magic items before long.

Traits, Flaws & Feats
Traits: Unnatural AuraDR356, Absent-Minded
Flaws: Weak Willed, Murky Eyes

Feats:
Cleric 1 - Discount Scribe Scroll (Scribe ACF), Extend Spell (Planning Domain)
1 - Eschew Materials, Iron Will, Able LearnerRoD, Invisible SpellCity
3 - Practiced Spellcaster (Wizard)CArc
6 - Obtain FamiliarCArc
Inc 1 - Chain MetamagicCArc
9 - Leadership
Inc 4 - Persistent SpellCArc
12 - Widen Spell
15 - Ears of the MageDR359
18 - Diversified Casting (Steal LifeBoVD, Kissed by the AgesDR354 & Stasis CloneLoD)DR325

Skills (fairly boring)
23 ranks in Spellcraft, Concentration, Diplomacy & Heal
11 ranks in the cross-class skills Sense Motive, Bluff, Sleight of Hand, Disguise, AutohypnosisxPH, Gather Information & Use Magic Device. 8 ranks in Knowledge (Arcana) due to skill requirements. 5 ranks in Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) for Diplomacy synergy. One rank in all non-Knowledge, non-Profession trained-only skills: Decipher Script, Disable Device, Handle Animal, Open Lock & Tumble. Not really sure if including d20 modern skills (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/modern/smack/skillsorder.html) are legal here (Computer Use (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/modern/smack/skillsorder.html#computeruse)? Yes, please), so didn't include them.

Skill Tricks: Conceal Spellcasting, Swift Concentration, False Theurgy, Assume Quirk.

Remaining skill points (min 1., but depends on char creation method) split evenly between Move Silently, Spot, Listen, Intimidate and Hide.

Notable Abilities
Supernatural Spell: Spells without any components (XP is a component) 4 times per day. Wish: Simulacrum, Wish: Item and Limited Wish: Permanency will be the primary uses of this ability in the long-term. Self-simulacra are the way to go (see Avoid Planar Interference, below). Simulacra have a permanencied Telepathic Bond and be used as guards, envoys, doctor/healer things and personal assistants. Without a reliable source of XP (dark craft doesn't count:smallyuk:) or summoned creatures, this is the only way to produce permanent magic items and spells - affecting people on a large scale. Wishing in scrolls also means more spells known:smallbiggrin:

Spontaneous Casting: All divination spells are spontaneous (Guidance of the Avatar, anyone?), this enables more efficient use of Domain Slots (because Storm of Vengeance will see a lot of use:smallsigh:). Mantle of Spells also means spontaneous Greater Teleport, Celerity, Resilient Sphere and other things.

Metamagic Effect: Persisted Foresight + Spontaneous Celerity is all the defence you need. There are more defences than just that, obviously:smalltongue:

Big Diplomacy score: Cannot stress how necessary this is. Enchantments are all very well, but they are very capable of being recognized: enough people watch a show on TV, chances are at least a few of them will make a DC 25 Sense Motive check. Magic will be public in a big way, this is undoubtedly going to be controversial. With enough buff spells, Diplomacy is the easiest and least bloody way of easing magic into the world. The Simulacra will also, to a lesser extent, have this trait.

Objectives, roughly sorted by priority
Live
Extremely important. Assuming no other supernatural forces are at play, this is child's play with persisted Foresight, Celerity, a permanent Prismatic Sphere and an ever expanding network of Simulacra. Life as the world's only murderhobo is good. If there are others (or planar interference) then the other priorities take a backseat to keeping the peace between higher level characters (basically, non-interference and making nice with anyone who isn't mass-murdering or summoning fiends) and beefing up personal security.
(Obtaining questionable immortality)
Once a month Elfinor dresses up in black, becomes invisible, abducts a homeless person, teleports to a pre-desecrated area, uses Steal Life to gain six weeks of life, Mindrapes them into forgetting what happened and puts them right back where they were found. They wake up tired, confused, Prestidigitated, under the protection of Endure Elements and holding a (poorly) home-cooked meal. Book of Vile Darkness at its finest.
Don't break the magic
Frankly, wishing for free items via supernatural spell probably comes close to breaking this. Elfinor understands 'the rules' as being:

No Infinite Wish, Gate or anything else loops.
No Wishing for epic level stuff.
Keep wishing for expensive 'custom' items to a minimum.

Elfinor remains firmly convinced that these rules, at least, are enforced by a very efficient, deadly strain of Inevitable. Contact Other Plane will be used in an attempt to verify (or not) these rules.
Avoid planar interference This is more of a corollary to every other objective than a true goal. Against the infinite might of the planes, no one is safe. Even summoning a Lillend could potentially put Earth on the Planar radar. You can bet that when celestials come, fiends follow. Earth being supported by a mildly benevolent (if low-key) Archmage is infinitely superior to Earth as the multiverse's new planar playground.

This means:

No direct connections (gates or portals) to other planes or demiplanes should be created.
No conjuration (summoning) or (calling) spells are to be cast.
Planar travel in general is to be minimized. Greater Teleport is an exception, because of its extreme brevity.
Find and monitor any planar visitors (a near impossible task). Try not to interfere with any mages who are here just for the food (it is a thing, ask Ed Greenwood).

Simulacra will be Level 10 copies of Elfinor (as opposed to, say, a Solar or Dragon) precisely to minimise the interest of other powerful entities.
Be good
In combat:

Live
Protect bystanders
End hostilities quickly
Use nonlethal methods to neutralize opponents, such as the Whelm line. Precision spells, at least, should be used where this is not expedient.

Supernatural Spell Wish in at least five good 'traps' per week. Create Food & Water and Remove Disease traps=good. The lion's share of Simulacra will go towards staffing the traps, with the help of charities and ((politics)).

Use gigantic (and buffed) Diplomacy score to avert war where possible. Control Weather will be used to avert storms and end droughts.
Fun with magic
Too much stuff to list, really. Highlights include a floating city built on Walls of Force and finishing people's sentences with Read Thoughts.

Willpowered One
2012-04-28, 01:26 AM
It's interesting how most everyone is posting combat options. A level 20 commoner has +10BAB, +6 saves and 50+20x(con mod) hp. A level 5 fighter has +5BAB +4 Fort save, and 33+ 5x(con mod), A level 20 wizard who doesn't dump con can just out fight a level 5 fighter.

True, but we get a magic blank sheet that gives us any power we want. I'd so want magic powers and whatnot :smallbiggrin:

Averis Vol
2012-04-28, 02:20 AM
heh. Paladin of justice 5/Barbarian 2/Divine Crusader 9/Champion of Gwynharfwyf 4.

HP: 174

Stats:
str 15
dex 15
con 14
int 9
wis 19
cha 10

Flaw: slow

Feats:
1)Power attack
Flaw) Weapon focus (longsword)
Human) Knight of Stars
3) throw anything
6)serenity
9)reckless rage
12) dreadful wrath
15)Imperious command
18)Extra rage

I'll be honest, i would use my massive power to travel the world ******* with world politics, occasionally play batman with the burning fury of my divine righteousness and still make it back home to play D&D every saturday. i wouldn't go looking for everyone else with superpowers, honestly, i couldn't care less if people want to fly around shooting lazers out of their toes. i would live my life as i am now (although i would totally use my power to get a sweet job as some high class security or something, mans gotta live after all:smallbiggrin:) and more effectively be a man of peace. because just as a 9th degree black belt in 8 different styles of martial arts once said " theres a certain peace that comes about when you can kill someone before they can blink."

so yea, priority list:
1)Find super awesome Weapon (if we don't get WBL to spend) probably some fancy english longsword.
2)find some guy to lay down an ass beating on (gotta do it once to get it out of my system)
3)come home, shower, then directly go to find a job.
4) live happily ever after, maybe join the army for a few lols and pull a jack churchill (no way in hell anyones gonna take down 200 Lbs. of muscle and steel who, out of nowhere heals his wounds) just for the fun of getting to use my martial skill for a more or less just cause. and keep playing D&D because as much as i love paladins they get boring to play after a while. :smalltongue:

Kish
2012-04-28, 05:49 AM
Wait... really? We have to worry about that too?
No. Or at least the OP certainly didn't say that.

Tokiko Mima
2012-04-28, 01:25 PM

That's why I say go with the build that gives you hyper-real simulated shadow Miracles. They are useful in any world that might require an occasional complete suspension of the laws of physics and reality itself. What possible world couldn't use that?

Jack_Simth
2012-04-28, 02:02 PM
Wow. Lots of casters, but almost no melee/rogues? So sad.Casters get you stuff you can't really simply buy. Melee/Rogues mostly only gets you stuff you can.

Hmm....

Bard-1 (with Precocious Apprentice)/Cloistered Cleric-3/Mystic Theurge-6/Sublime Chord-1/Dweomerkeeper (Complete Divine Web Enhancement version)-8/Spelldancer-1

Take Wedded to History (to avoid aging), use the Dweomerkeeper's Supernatural Spell to get free Wishes a few times a day (including free magic items...), use the Spelldancer's ability to Persist certain spells as well. There's very little cheese you can't accomplish with that build (thanks to component-free simulacrums letting you make critters with fairly arbitrary abilities), eventually, although some of it is harder than others.

Darth Stabber
2012-04-28, 03:53 PM
Bard-1 (with Precocious Apprentice)

Precocious apprentice is a wizard only feat.

Jack_Simth
2012-04-28, 04:13 PM
Precocious apprentice is a wizard only feat.
Really? *Checks*

Odd... it doesn't look like it. "Spellcasting Ability (Int or Cha) 15, arcane caster level 1st" are the only requirements, and the header is just training-specific, it's not class-specific, when I look at Complete Arcane page 181.

Where do you get that it's Wizard-only?

Elfinor
2012-04-28, 09:05 PM
No. Or at least the OP certainly didn't say that. Fair enough, the build/priorities were mostly designed with that in mind anyway. Though your sig makes me feel a little bad about making Elfinor so paranoid and defensive.

Is anyone aware of a feat that lets Diplomacy checks change attitudes towards other characters? I'm sure I've seen it somewhere. It's all very well having people like your character, but that doesn't necessarily mean insta-solved peace negotiations.
'Yeah, I really respect you, but our feud has been going on for ages...' 1
Because it's interesting, here's a list of everyone's (class only) builds and paraphrased goals. Feel free to shout at me if you think I've misinterpreted them. Sorted by thread page number. Anything in red font doesn't fit the current set of rules (Human, 32PB, Level 20 maximum, no gestalt, cheese & flaws allowed), though most of these were posted before Harry clarified this.

Only the first two pages done so far. Might post the rest later today. It all makes for a rather intriguing world if we all get transformed on the same day, especially if we were initially unaware of one another. The goals should be assumed to be 'if I were the only D&D character in the world'-type things, though.

Page 1
Harry (OP)
Wizard 1/Binder 1/Anima Mage 10/Legacy Champion 7/Tainted Scholar 1
Goals: Profit

Zonugal
Human Paragon (Template) Expert 3
Goals: Unknown

Ballista
Changeling Factotum 10/Chameleon 10
Goals: Flexibility, doing whatever you want

Ninjadeadbeard
Bard 30
Goals: 'Winning' through dramatic know-how.

Gomipile
Elan Factotum 20

Vizzerdrix
Wizard 1/Mystic Ranger 9/Effigy Master 5/Abjurant Champion 5
Goals: Emulating a troll rigger (?) with trollshape.
Other notes: Class order has been rearranged from the original post.

Morithias
Rogue 5/Merchant Prince 5/Green Star Adept 10
Goals: Low-key, profiteering businessman. Immortality (in the 'ageless' sense).

Tokuhara
Warblade 4/Human Paragon 3/Stoneblessed 3/Dwarf Paragon 3/Deepstone Sentinel 7
Goals:
I personally'd use a dwarven urgosh, a set of mountain plate, and generally be a grouch

Telonius
CG Bard/Sublime Chord with possible Cleric dip for Remove Blindness/Deafness
Goals: Not be too flashy, ability to cast Remove Blindness/Deafness, write novels. No celestial/fiend pacts.

Calanon
Wizard 4/Sorcerer 1/Ultimate Magus 10/Loremaster 5 (see page 3)
Goals: Gain control of the multiverse through any means necessary, including (especially?) via 'heinous experiments on mortals'.

Rhatahema
N Human Expert 2.
Goals: Take Skill Focus (drawing) and Education. Wield Suglin (?)

Togapika
Druid 20
Goals: Sell true reincarnate scrolls.

Tvtyrant
Druid 5/Planar Shepard 10/Druid 5

Strormer
Bard 6/Ranger 11/MT or Efg 3

Bladesinger
Wizard4/Sorcerer3/Ultimate Magus 10/Paladin of Freedom 2/Barbarian 1
Goals: Defending the freedom of the people.

Ashtagon
Gestalt Wizard 20//Druid 20

Kish
NG Wizard + full casting, no downside PrCs

My goals would start with eradicating disease and world hunger, and move into I-can't-give-details-on-this-board territory.

Flint
Druid 5/Beastmaster 1/Warshaper 5/ Wizard 3/Geomancer 6
Goals: Unknown (has exalted feats, though)

Hazzardevil
Bard X/Swordsage 2/Jade Pheonix Mage/Sublime Chord/Jade Pheonix Mage/Abjurant champion

I can beat the crap out of stuff, can cast plenty of spells and when in doubt nuke the world.

Socratov
Bard 8/virtuoso 2/sublime chord 2/virtuoso 8
Goals: Be an awesome rockstar Secondary: Throw around magic, be charming

Beezlebub1111
Shadowcaster 20
Goals: Be the resident superhero of Trenton

Talakeal
Bard 5/Heartwarder 10 /Sorcerer 1 /Holy Liberator 4

Page 2
ChaoticBroth
Artificer 20 or (if money complications) Warblade 20
Artificer Goals: Do whatever you want
Warblade Goals: Take full advantage of Iron Heart Surge's ambiguous wording:smalltongue:

Kaeso
Cloistered Cleric 20
Goals: Know the meaning of life, heal, flexibility, knowledge

Josel
Sorcerer 20
Goals: Become a living god.

Ryulin 18
Dread Necromancer 20 or Artificer 20
Goals: Utilise undead labor and undead... everything... to its fullest extent.

hushblade
Sorcerer 18/Wyrm Wizard 2
Goals: Versatility, become a living god
Other notes: Inferred second goal because he liked Josel's spell list.

Edenbeast
Druid
Goals: Unknown, though you can infer some from Druid + Ecology PhD.

Zach J.
N Human Commoner 2

Salanmander
Druid 5/Master of Many Forms 4/Factotum 11
Goals: Dabbling

Wavelab
Erudite 10/Subverted Psion 10
Goals: unknown
Notes: Also posted a Bard 3/Swordsage 9/Scout 4/Ranger 4 build.

Ason
Archivist 20
Goals: Become professor of philosophy or religious leader

Maxios
Sorcerer 10/Bard 5/Fighter 5

Wyntonian
Warblade/Wildshape Ranger
Goals: Train martial arts skills, enjoy the great outdoors and Wildshape:smallbiggrin:

Page 3
Darth Stabber
Druid 20 or Wizard with PrC's
Druid Goal: Hug Trees
Wizard Goal: Know and control everything

FearlessGnome
Wizard/Incantatrix/Dweomerkeeper or Cleric of Kyuss
Wizard Goals: Unknown
Cleric of Kyuss Goals: Undead Apocalypse

RandomGuy
Dread Necromancer 9/Wizard 1/Rainbow Servant 10 or StP Erudite 19/Binder 1
Goals: None stated, aside from self-empowerment

Dusk Eclipse
Artificer 20 or Psionic Artificer
Goals: Artificer stuff.

Tokiko Mima
Spontaneous Divination Wizard 5/Stoneblessed 3/Shadowcraft Mage 5/Ultimate Magus 6/Nightmare Spinner 1
Goals: Check out realer than real Illusions

Nizaris
Factotum 3/Artificer 17
Goals: Unknown.
Other Notes: Wedded to History=immortality is not RAW.

Oscredwin
Beguiler1/Diviner 4/UM(with PC trick)10/MT5
Goals: Break economy, be elected president, use enchantments to end war, use skills to be involved in research, awaken computers
Other notes: Mystic Theurge?

Callista
Cleric 20
Goals: Power, versatility, not hurting people

Wings of Peace
Sha'ir 3/Erudite (Mantled [Magic]) 1/Cerebremancer 6/Mind Mage 10

SilverLeaf 167
Wizard 3/Psion 3 (Egoist)/Cerebremancer 10/Geometer 3

CGforever!
CG (surprise!) Factotum 20
Goals: Counter psychopathy/pathocracy. More detailed goals here.

Iferus
Druid 20
Goals: Living a happy life

Venger
Factotum 5/Mindbender 1/Factotum 19[/red]

Do anything, communicate telepathically. Mindsight to be special forces material if that floats your boat. Can do anything from blackmail world leaders to cheat at poker.

OverlandPrime
Spirit Shaman 4 / Warblade 6 / Perelandron (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203791) [color=red]Homebrew PrC 10
Goals: Be a martial artist and environmental advocate. Also, beat up frost giants.

Willpowered One
Ardent 20

Demigodus
Druid 10/Planar Shepard 10
Goals: Summon (incognito) creatures that make Godzilla look tame, mess with politics via weather. If bored, drop uber-elementals in the middle of a city.

Xynphos
Goals: Be a pokemon master with Extra Familiar. Yes.

Page 4
Soranar
Ardent 10/Uncarnate 10
Goals: Have nothing to worry about. Except Ghosthunters.

Cor1
Erudite Spell-to-Power 20.
Goals: Save the world, then build planets.

Elfinor
N Cloistered Cleric 1/Eidetic Spellcaster Wizard 5/Incantatrix 4/Dweomerkeeper 10
Goals: Live, protect magic, minimize planar interference, be good (wish in nice traps, use Control Weather for good, diplomacy etc.), amuse self.

Averis Vol
Paladin of justice (?) 5/Barbarian 2/Divine Crusader 9/Champion of Gwynharfwyf 4
Goals: Here. Paraphrasing is unable to adequately capture that level of enthusiasm.
Other notes: Paladin of Justice=AvengerDR310 or Paladin of FreedomUA variant, I think.

Jack Simth
Bard 1/Cloistered Cleric 3/Mystic Theurge 6/Sublime Chord 1/Dweomerkeeper 8/Spelldancer 1
Goals: Immortality, versatility.

Need a life
Wizard 3/Master Specialist 6/Nightmare Spinner 5/Dread Witch 5/Mindbender 1

Lucid
Factotum 3/Psion (Shaper) 17

Skilled in lots of subjects and creating stuff just by thinking about it, without ever having to lift a finger.

Ballista
LN Male Human Bard 1/Expert 2
Goals: Bring happiness to world but, if confronted, subdue and torture enemies.

Knight13
Sorcerer 20 (with 8 CHA)

CGforever!
2012-04-29, 07:13 AM
As a 20th level CG factotum, I'd basically use my wealth, power, abilities, and skills to reduce the effects of psychopathy on our civilization/world, and increase the stability of peace and personal freedom. I'd attempt to bring in better technology and get the world to start using renewable energy first, and non-renewable energy last. Notice I mentioned wealth earlier, I'd enjoy my life as well.

In short: Counter psychopathy/pathocracy.

Kish
2012-04-29, 07:18 AM
Because it's interesting, here's a list of everyone's (class only) builds and paraphrased goals. Feel free to shout at me if you think I've misinterpreted them. Sorted by thread page number. Anything in red font doesn't fit the current set of rules (Human, 32PB, Level 20 maximum, no gestalt, cheese & flaws allowed), though most of these were posted before Harry clarified this.
My goals would start with eradicating disease and world hunger, and move into I-can't-give-details-on-this-board territory.

Elfinor
2012-04-29, 08:11 AM
My goals would start with eradicating disease and world hunger, and move into I-can't-give-details-on-this-board territory. Quoted you in place of my atrocious writing. I've mangled the sentence structure of a lot of the goals but I think they're mostly understandable, if only with difficulty. I'll clean the post up and finish it over the next couple of days.

Are you planning on accomplishing your objectives (the discussable ones, I mean) via chain-gating Solars? Supernatural Spell: Wish items/traps? Thought Bottle abuse crafting? Infinite Wish Loops? All of the above:smalltongue:?

Jack_Simth
2012-04-29, 09:23 AM
Are you planning on accomplishing your objectives (the discussable ones, I mean) via chain-gating Solars? Supernatural Spell: Wish items/traps? Thought Bottle abuse crafting? Infinite Wish Loops? All of the above:smalltongue:?The problem with such methods (for food production, at least) is that you run a very real risk of either accidentally sparking off a rather bloody civil war, of accidentally conquering much of the world economically, and/or of driving a rather lot of people sufficiently out of business that they'll lose their homes (basically anyone involved in food production when you're the one producing it).

Need_A_Life
2012-04-29, 11:43 AM
Human Wizard 3/Master Specialist 6/Nightmare Spinner 5/Dread Witch 5/Mindbender1
Using Uncanny Foresight and Imperious Command feats.

Of course, a more realistic write-up:
Human Expert 2 and a couple of Luck feats (to get a better average on skill rolls in general; BAB +1 to represent martial arts and military training).

Lucid
2012-04-29, 11:58 AM
Able Learner Factotum 3/Psion (Shaper) 17

Skilled in lots of subjects and creating stuff just by thinking about it, without ever having to lift a finger. :smallcool:

Callista
2012-04-29, 12:29 PM
Oh, that's an interesting idea. I wonder how close I can come to real-life me within the rules...

Callista
Female Human Expert 3
Hit Dice: 3d6 (11 HP)
Initiative: -2
Armor Class: AC 8 (-2 DEX)
Base Attack/Grapple: +1
Attack: Dagger +1 melee (1d4-1/19-20)
Special Attack: Pepper Spray (as Tasha's Hideous Laughter, single target, ranged touch, range 10 ft)
Saves: Fort +1, Ref -1, Will +6
Abilities: STR 9 CON 11 DEX 6 INT 18 WIS 16 CHA 4
Skills: Concentration +7, Diplomacy +0, Handle Animal +10, Heal +10, Knowledge (Science) +14, Knowledge (Religion) +11, Knowledge (Architecture & Engineering) +11, Profession (Engineer) +10, Craft (Programming) +7, Craft (Clothing) +8, Listen +5, Spot +5, Speak Language (English), Speak Language (German)
Flaw: Autistic (-5 to Diplomacy, Sense Motive, Gather Information, Bluff, Intimidate, Perform; DC 10 Fort save or lose action if flat-footed; may not increase Charisma above 6, starts with no racial or bonus languages)
Feats: Alertness, Skill Focus (Knowledge (Science)), Breadth of Knowledge (+1 to knowledge checks, all knowledge skills are class skills)

...Hmm, yeah, I'd get killed in about two seconds, even if I would see it coming. But on the bright side, I can make knowledge checks like nobody's business.

Ballista
2012-04-29, 06:03 PM
Herp Derp... I need to be Human now. Let's try again now; this time with more stuff!

CE Male Human Duskblade 3
Ability Scores: Str 17 Con 12 Dex 16 Int 16 Wis 9 Cha 8
Feats: Two Weapon Fighting, Oversized Two Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus: Scythe

I'd basically run around like a mad man with two Small Masterwork Scythes with almost no real goal besides to kill all the people in the world who say

I used to be a(n) X like you, until I took a(n) Y to the knee

But on a more realistic note:

LN Male Human Bard 1 Expert 2
Hit Dice: 3d6+3 (13 HP)
Abilities: STR 8 CON 13 DEX 16 INT 16 WIS 14 CHA 10
Base Attack/Grapple: +1
Attack: Whip +4 (1d3 -1 x2)
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +7
Skills: Craft: Alchemy 6, Bluff 6, Heal 6, Knowledge: Geography 6, Knowledge: History 6, Perform: Violin 6, Profession: Musician 6, Profession: Alchemist 6, Use Rope 6
Flaw: Paranoia (-4 Diplomacy and Intimidate)
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus: Whip, Eyes in the Back of Your Head (Cannot be Flanked), Dash (+5 speed in light/no armor)

Basic premise is that I'm here to bring a bit of happiness and cheer into the world, even if I'm terrible at it. However, if I'm forced to fight, I'd much rather subdue my enemy, tie them up and slowly torture them. :smallwink:

Elfinor
2012-04-30, 12:01 AM
The problem with such methods (for food production, at least) is that you run a very real risk of either accidentally sparking off a rather bloody civil war, of accidentally conquering much of the world economically, and/or of driving a rather lot of people sufficiently out of business that they'll lose their homes (basically anyone involved in food production when you're the one producing it). You're right, but a Wizard is capable of averting wars with a massive diplomacy check. It is quite possible to achieve a 100% success rate on DC 60 checks with the right spells and class skills. Yes, even if naked and with no Charisma bonus. A Spontaneous Divination ACF Wizard could probably (I haven't crunched the numbers for it) get away with putting no ranks in Diplomacy/synergy skills, thanks to Clerical divinations. Although Diplomacy doesn't quite 'work the same' here, a >60 Diplomacy (or Bluff) bonus should equal or outclass the stuff of legend, like Pope Leo turning back Atilla the Hun.

Create Food and Water won't replace all food either, there's a reason cash crops are so popular - people with money don't want tasteless gruel. *sigh* Except when they do. Point is, the issues you've raised are definitely issues but (on a strict numbers basis, at least) they take a backseat to the bigger food problem.

It is theoretically possible to solve dispossessed/homeless people problems (without killing people:smallannoyed:) and economics issues. It's just a little more complex than 'make a trap', 'make a skill check' or 'cast a spell' but it is still doable on a large scale for a sufficiently cheesed, immortal, near-epic Wizard (any Gate/Wish-caster really). It just takes a lot of time, effort and non-discussable on this board things. Even the time thing can be speeded up, thanks to Genesis.

Callista
2012-04-30, 09:05 AM
Trouble with that is, if you got your Level 20 Wizard on and went to solve the world's problems, there'd be some other more sociopathic Level 20 Wizard out there trying to take over the world or maybe even destroy it. Best you could hope for would be a balance of power, a tacit agreement not to attack each other directly. You'd have to use low-level pawns in a magical Cold War...

Kish
2012-04-30, 09:07 AM
Trouble with that is, if you got your Level 20 Wizard on and went to solve the world's problems, there'd be some other more sociopathic Level 20 Wizard
Again, no part of the terms of this thread.

Callista
2012-04-30, 09:23 AM
Again, no part of the terms of this thread.Au contraire! When you build a character, you do need to take into account your potential opponents. If you were to build a Level 20 wizard, you'd need to remember that the people you were fighting would be equally strong.

Perhaps a better option would be a Diplomacy-heavy character, someone who could talk others into sitting down instead of throwing Time Stops and Delayed Blast Fireballs.

Kish
2012-04-30, 09:51 AM
Au contraire! When you build a character, you do need to take into account your potential opponents. If you were to build a Level 20 wizard, you'd need to remember that the people you were fighting would be equally strong.
Okay. Why are you repeating this assertion, now with statements that people need to "remember" something which is not part of the terms of this thread?

Callista
2012-04-30, 10:07 AM
Far as I can tell, the terms were just "Build the character whose abilities you'd like to have in real life." And it seems to me that if you were to choose abilities without thinking about the environment you'd be in--including the possibility that you weren't the only one who had received this opportunity--you wouldn't be taking all factors into account.

Kish
2012-04-30, 10:20 AM
You've gone from simply asserting "this would be" to "this would be a possibility." Do you see the difference there?

For my part, given that "expect other people with the same abilities to oppose you" wasn't stated in the OP or by the original poster since then, I am inclined to consider it not part of the terms of the thread in the same way "and two seconds later you get hit by a meteor and killed" isn't part of the terms of this thread. I cannot prove that Harry did not mean this to be just one more theoretical optimization vs. theoretical optimization thread, though if he did he certainly has been quiet about most people getting it wrong. If he did, ah well, too bad. It could have been something actually interesting.

Knight13
2012-04-30, 11:15 AM
I'm probably a level 20 Sorcerer.....with CHA 8. :smallfrown:

Harry
2012-04-30, 01:16 PM
You've gone from simply asserting "this would be" to "this would be a possibility." Do you see the difference there?

For my part, given that "expect other people with the same abilities to oppose you" wasn't stated in the OP or by the original poster since then, I am inclined to consider it not part of the terms of the thread in the same way "and two seconds later you get hit by a meteor and killed" isn't part of the terms of this thread. I cannot prove that Harry did not mean this to be just one more theoretical optimization vs. theoretical optimization thread, though if he did he certainly has been quiet about most people getting it wrong. If he did, ah well, too bad. It could have been something actually interesting.

I did not mean that everyone would also gain these powers but hey if that makes this more fun then go for it:smallbiggrin: in other words you know have to worry about other people with UNLIMITED ARCANE POWER...sorry

Elfinor
2012-04-30, 11:26 PM
As a 20th level CG factotum, I'd basically use my wealth, power, abilities, and skills to reduce the effects of psychopathy on our civilization/world, and increase the stability of peace and personal freedom. I'd attempt to bring in better technology and get the world to start using renewable energy first, and non-renewable energy last. Notice I mentioned wealth earlier, I'd enjoy my life as well.

In short: Counter psychopathy/pathocracy. Thanks for the easy 'In short'. It has been added.

I did not mean that everyone would also gain these powers but hey if that makes this more fun then go for it:smallbiggrin: in other words you know have to worry about other people with UNLIMITED ARCANE POWER...sorry Gross. Do you know how easy it is to destroy the world (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227513) as a level 20 D&D character?1
Almost every character created had access to spells/powers/whatever of significant power (Spell Level 6+)

Number of Builds by Base Class (Sublime Chords, theurges and gishes separate)
Ardent 2
Artificer 3
Bard 2
Cleric 2
Druid 4
Erudite 3
Expert 3
Factotum 4
Sorcerer 2
Sublime Chord 3
Wizard 7
Warblade 3
Gish (Arcane) 4
Gish (Divine/Other) 2
Theurge (Arcane/Arcane) 3
Theurge (Arcane/Divine) 3
Theurge (Arcane/Psi) 2
Other Full Caster 4
Other 3 Might be minor variations between people on at what point a build becomes a theurgic/gish build. Dips weren't taken into account, a Druid 5/Master of Many Forms 4/Factotum 11 was counted as a Factotum base.

Zombieboots
2012-05-01, 12:31 AM

Phsssff... Now That build you've posted is indeed perhaps one of my favorite, scratch that. Binder are my god-damn favourite. However now that we are talking about abilities that will literally affect us, stat and fluff wise?
Binder? Tainted scholar!? I'd fear for my sanity and what would be left.

I'd do one of the Psion/Wizard (20/20) builds. Powers of the mind and magic, and looking into Immortality - preferable non-undead, and specializing in Planar creation/exploration.

I dare someone else to because the Telepath Sandwich!