PDA

View Full Version : Love in the Party

Morithias
2012-04-08, 02:07 AM
One time we had a Succubus in the party once....and we also had a Paladin in the party.

Oddly enough it went pretty well, they actually ended up together and had a half-fiend baby who grew up to be a cleric of the goddess of love, stating that "if a succubus and a paladin could love anyone can".

Of course the paladin eventually died of old age, so the succubus plane shifted to the heavens and proceeded to spend the rest of her existence in a plane that literally made her skin itch to spend eternity with her beloved.

And this is what this thread is about. Tell us your love stories, it can be between PCs and NPCs, PC and other PCs, or even love stories between two NPCs that you helped out.

Let's make Lastai proud.

Ravens_cry
2012-04-08, 02:40 AM
Well, in the other thread you asked for it, so here goes.
I was playing a paladin in a Pathfinder Adventure Path where we were supposed to take back this town from a group of baddies. Along the way, we encountered a harpy in an abandoned house, mixing potions in a big cauldron.
The group talked to her for a while and my character, feeling kind of stabby, drew his sword when the DM pointed out that we didn't know if she was evil or not. Chastened, I did so, and to my surprise, she was not.
I decided my character was so distraught at almost destroying innocent life based on bigoted assumptions that for some reason he fell in love with her.
My DM was surprised I think, but decided to roll with it, I having made my characters motivations clear.

We spent a year in the town and my character visited the harpy every week, 'courting her' in my words. Even though we moved on from then to take care of some business, i.e. the rest of the plot, my character wrote her letters every chance he got, paying to have them delivered.
Finally, after the plot was basically over, she and a group of other harpies met up with the party and some NPC's.

I knew what I had to do.

My paladin knelt in the sand, to the bemusement of the other players, and proposed, giving a small, but heartfelt plea.

She accepted

Well, we got a big wedding planned, the DM had a big wedding planned, it was a desert setting yet I got flowers imported to decorate the chapel of the town we had recaptured, the whole place lit up with candles and and an important, and well loved, NPC gave her away, a fellow PC, an unrepentant thief but still a good friend, providing the ring.

Now, before the ceremony, an immortal noble djinn brought the party together and offered us immortality by her side as protectors against the forces that caused the plot to begin with.
Most of the party accepted and gladly, but my paladin was hesitant.
He knew this was a true offer, meant as a gift and as a path of nobility.
But his heart, dedicated as it was toward justice and truth, also loved this harpy.
And he knew, though it pained him also, what he had to do.
After some thought, he said, in a quiet voice.

"My lady, what you offer is all goodness and if it were any other circumstances I would follow you and gladly. But . . ."
"But what is Eternity if it is Eternity alone?"

Though the game ended before I could say so, I like to imagine my paladin used some of the reward to buy some Wings of Flying and he and the harpy soared through deserts skies together, azure over gold, till the end of his days.
His being a different (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155232) kind of immortality.

Morithias
2012-04-08, 02:44 AM
Snip

Awww...that's probably even more sweet than my story. I hope they were the same alignment so when they died they could be together in the afterlife.

Ravens_cry
2012-04-08, 02:56 AM
Awww...that's probably even more sweet than my story. I hope they were the same alignment so when they died they could be together in the afterlife.
I hope so. He'd storm the Nine Hells for her.
Though your story is awesome because of the sacrifice the succubus made after the paladin died. :smallsmile:

Shadowknight12
2012-04-08, 04:47 AM
I've had a few love stories in my games.

A Sorceress's Knight

There's one where I played a sorceress whose beloved knight had been soul-trapped by a rival enchantress. When the sorceress destroyed the enchantress, she realised that as a final act of spite, she had thrown all her soul gems onto a planar rift (the kind that has you roll on a table to see what plane you end up in), and she had the foresight of casting practically every abjuration known to the arcane arts on the gems beforehand, which made them unfindable.

The sorceress dedicated her life to finding the lost gem, whose location could only be uncovered A) By sheer happenstance, B) through Epic Magic or C) through a god's will. This was her backstory before the game began. Her reason for adventuring was obtaining enough power to gain a god's favour or develop epic magic. The campaign spanned several in-game decades, and I made a point of making her keep a diary that she'd eventually show her knight when she found her.

And near the end of the campaign, she had reached Venerable age and faced the prospect of her final death, the kind not even resurrection magic would bring her back from. So she did the unthinkable, and became a lich. She managed to retain her good alignment in spite of the transformation (DM was kind there), but her physical self was irrevocably changed. Even when the party helped her find the lost treasure (thanks to most of the players actually becoming minor gods), she released her faithful knight and stood before her at a great distance, sure that she was repulsive, in her old and withered form.

The DM paused the game to ask us how the story should end. I shrugged, but everyone else yelled "HAPPY ENDING! HAPPY ENDING!", so the knight ended up throwing appearances to the wind and hugging the sorceress after almost a century apart. The rest of the individual subplots had been resolved, so we called it a wrap. I frankly have no idea how things would've evolved from there!

Currently, I have a PC who is unknowingly caught in a love triangle. His character had a former lover who was exiled and they parted ways bitterly, though their love was very strong. However, the character moved on and found someone else who had trouble returning his affections. The character fell hard for him, but the new lover guarded his feelings intensely, trying to avoid heartbreak. In the end, the character will encounter the former lover as the Big Bad of the metaplot, who will want to commit a terrible evil for the greater good (very much in the vein of "kill a child, save the world"), while the new lover will be appalled by the idea. In the end, the character will have to make a choice, since both former and new lover want the character to side with them (and continue the relationship) but hold diametrically opposed views. I frankly can't wait to see the player's reaction. He will either love it or hate it. Of course, since I know him, I'm pretty sure he'll love it. :smalltongue:

Hmmm... what else, what else? Oh, there's that one time where I played an aasimar and another player played a tiefling, who had been longtime friends (born from mutual reliance and being ostracised) and then, through mutual accord with the player, we decided it was pretty natural their relationship deepened. It didn't get very far, as the game died, but I really, really liked the idea of the battle couple. And the stereotype defiance, hah. Though I suppose it also works with any kind of opposite race, such as fire genasi and water genasi, earth genasi and air genasi, chaond and zenythri, drow and surface elf, elf and orc, and so on.

Calanon
2012-04-08, 06:25 AM
-snip-

Ohh... your story made me shed manly tears... :smallsmile:

From the Diary of the Archwizard of Souls, Irisvir Dated: Hammer 23, -2588 DR

She was a short dark skinned beauty of unequaled might... Isath... I shall never forget her name... We met during the most unexpected of circumstances she a prisoner on my enclave and me holding the keys to her cell. Though the anti-magic shackles we're clear as day on her arms she still managed to use magic... Her constantly correcting me on the subject calling it Psi or something... Under normal circumstances I would have crushed her in a second but for some reason I felt deep down that I should not kill her... I removed the Shackles, from her and released her that day... hopefully I shall never see her again...

From the Diary of the Archwizard of Souls, Irisvir Dated: Ches 19, -2588 DR

I met Isath again for the 2nd time, this time she was arrested for disturbing the peace... lucky for her I was the one to arrest her... Indecent exposure... hardly a crime when you have a form such as that... I assisted her in finding a dwelling on the Enclave... She'll be staying on 2nd street... I must make sure to visit her from time to time...

From the Diary of the Archwizard of Souls, Irisvir Dated: Ches 20, -2588 DR

Isath took the initiative to enter my personal section of Strovencait uninvited... She claims she accomplished this through use of her Psi nonsense... From her past performance I can hardly take this as credible... Perhaps she has been kissed by Mystral to have greater power over The Weave... I must discuss this matter with her some day...

From the Diary of the Archwizard of Souls, Irisvir Dated: Tarsahk 20, -2588 DR

Isath questioned me about my prosthetic limb... Explaining her to her that as a youth my arm was ripped from its socket by a filthy Orc... I must give my thanks again to Master Ioulaum for that... Oddly enough I did not feel pity from her... I felt something more... Compassion perhaps? No... not possible... Althought I will confess that I do find myself thinking about her from time to time...

From the Diary of the Archwizard of Souls, Irisvir Dated: Flamerule 30, -2588 DR

A Phane appeared on the Enclave for some reason today... It appears that an Arcanist on the Enclave attempted summon a Baatezu... The fight with the Phane appears to have aged me vastly... The Priest expect me to die... I will not go quietly into the Night... I will not let Jergal take me yet...

From the Diary of the Archwizard of Souls, Irisvir Dated: Eleint 24, -2588 DR

Today is Isath's birthday... I took her to Canlespire... as expected she was over joyed at the chance to torture some Ogres... Personally I would have prefered to go to the Columns in the Sky but its what she wanted to do...

From the Diary of the Archwizard of Souls, Irisvir Dated: Eleint 26, -2588 DR

Today I proposed to Isath... Unfortunately she gave me no response... I suppose it is fair... who would want a husband as... gimped as me? short lifespan, no heirs to speak of and death looming... Its for the best I suppose... I was getting to attached as it is...

From the Diary of the Archwizard of Souls, Irisvir Dated: Ches 1, -2587 DR

I've succeeded in staving off deaths grasp, I have made the transition to Lich... hopefully this will keep me alive for a good long while... Its quite shocking really... I found the information while rummaging through an old book that Master gave to me upon my graduation... strange... why would he possess such a book? Knowledge of Lichcraft is generally forbidden...

From the Diary of the Archwizard of Souls, Irisvir Dated: Ches 2, -2587 DR

Isath approached me today with the fury of a Red Dragon demanding to know why I become a "monster" ... I've never seen her so angry before... she stayed in my dwelling for the night and we simply laid there on my study talking to each other before she accepted a year old Promise... "I loved you in life as I did in Undeath..."

From the Diary of the Archwizard of Souls, Irisvir Dated: Flamerule 15, -527 DR

After being together for nearly 2 thousand years Isath's scheme as finally come to fruition... She stole my Amulet from me... the very Amulet that signifies me as Ruler of the Enclave... could she not simply rule beside me? Could we not be together for another 2 thousand years? I have her phylactery in my hand... I am preparing to smash it into pieces and then kill her... I loved you Isath... and yet you betrayed me... for the first time in centuries... I feel... Human...

Divorce is hard... especially divorce among players... But she is now my best friend and I can live with that We were together for a while in real life then like 6 months later we broke up... we both decided to RP it no matter how painful it was... overall we're both better for it

Malimar
2012-04-08, 10:04 PM
The closest any of my parties have ever come was when the side-effects of a healing sword made Sky, Drow Priestess of Lolth, fall briefly in love with Ludgeblatt Curdlegut, Half-Orc Barbarian. But sorrow of sorrows, it wore off, and that campaign ended soon after.

Everyone who was involved in that campaign still ships Sky/Ludgeblatt, though.

--Lime--
2012-04-08, 10:15 PM
The party arrived by ship, and the ship quickly pulled out of the harbour.

The rather rotund and ugly middle-aged woman, who had been rejected by all the men in the town, generally felt resentful and treated the entire world (but especially our young, muscular fighter) with disdain and scorn. The smallest thing she'd take as a severe personal slight - especially when the fighter didn't cotton on to the fact that she hated him most because she wished she had a husband like him.

She ran the armour shop. The party needed an upgrade.

If you've ever watched a Carry On film then you know how the next bit goes ("Ooh Matron!") but it was tongue in cheek and light-hearted, with a good helping of innuendo and accidental double-entendre. All she wanted was a kiss, and the rest of the players found it very funny to egg the woman on, the fighter protesting a little but not wishing to burn the party's chance of buying armour in her shop. The fact that he was proud and saw himself as the leader made the whole thing so much better watching him squirm.

He got out of it with a sloppy wet kiss, being a figure of fun for the other characters (and their players!), and the armour we all needed. He left the town promising to return in a week to take her out on the town. The party never returned. If I remember correctly, we even trekked miles down the coast to another port town for the return trip because the fighter shivered at the thought of going back there.

Acanous
2012-04-08, 10:54 PM
Arthur/Tor was shipped pretty heavilly in an Eberron campaign. Even though Tor died and couldn't be rezzed, and both were male.

Imagine an entire room of heterosexual men (about 12 of us) all shipping a gay, necrophiliac romance. Seriously it would have ended up on 4chan.

Dr Bwaa
2012-04-10, 11:55 PM
My character in the longest-running campaign I'm involved in (both in-character and out) is in a very dedicated, very one-sided romance with another PC. The other PC sees him as a close friend and almost brother, whereas he's been in love with her for at least six years of in-game time (and almost that much OOC time as well, actually). We are prophesied warriors, etc etc, and we don't really know the specifics of the prophecy except the rose-tinted versions we each were given by our tutors (long story). OOC, though, I know that my character's crush has a big "OUTLOOK NOT SO GOOD" on her prophecy, though. :smallfrown: He'd do anything for her, and is the group's bodyguard/tank, but he's not likely to get his happy ending.

Calanon
2012-04-10, 11:59 PM
My character in the longest-running campaign I'm involved in (both in-character and out) is in a very dedicated, very one-sided romance with another PC. The other PC sees him as a close friend and almost brother, whereas he's been in love with her for at least six years of in-game time (and almost that much OOC time as well, actually). We are prophesied warriors, etc etc, and we don't really know the specifics of the prophecy except the rose-tinted versions we each were given by our tutors (long story). OOC, though, I know that my character's crush has a big "OUTLOOK NOT SO GOOD" on her prophesy, though. :smallfrown: He'd do anything for her, and is the group's bodyguard/tank, but he's not likely to get his happy ending.

"Will I return to my homeland?"
"Post-Mortise"

On a side note: Springs > Boulder :smallwink:

Dr Bwaa
2012-04-11, 08:57 AM
"Will I return to my homeland?"
"Post-Mortise"

Yeah, pretty much. The DM has actually run a couple other campaigns with other people, set in the same world about fifteen years after our campaign ends. I know those players have met my character. I don't think they've met his crush, though.

On a side note: Springs > Boulder :smallwink:

I'm in no position to argue; I've lived in Boulder for less than a year and never been to CS :smallwink:

SgtCarnage92
2012-04-12, 08:50 PM
Set Up: In the first campaign I ever ran as a DM the players were investigating a city that had recently gone dark. When they arrived they found the city over-run with the undead (this was when we were watching way too many zombie movies than was healthy). The first group of survivors that the party comes across is a group of prostitutes who are holding out in a temple of Oldimarra (sp?).

While my players are getting to know their new found allies (in both the biblical sense and as characters) they end up meeting a pair of twins that were named Frig and Freja. Frig was this very forceful woman who was incredibly protective of her sister...to the point of almost being paranoid. Freja was a sheepish girl who while being very sweet, allowed her sister to do most of the talking.

Now comes the romance, there was this other courtesan that Freja had developed feelings for, especially after the outbreak happened. (disasters do tend to bring people together). This other courtesan was named Arya. One of our PCs while about to take advantage of Freja's wares...began speaking with her and discovered her interest in the Arya. Like a gentleman he did not take her that night and instead set off to try and bring these two young ladies together.

Now, most of my players had left for the night, and with the two remaining players I managed to make a three hour RP session centered around getting the two girls together (their main obstacles being Frig and getting Arya to admit that she was also interested in Freja).

After a time Arya even managed to bring Freja out of her shell (with the help of the PCs) and eventually push back against her over protective sister. The two courtesans were happy being with each other and my PCs felt accomplished in being responsible for them getting together.

Freja died during the escape from the temple, and Arya became a vengeful zombie-slaying bada**...

AgentofHellfire
2012-04-13, 06:40 PM
I've had multiple instances with this one character of mine that everyone thought were love but weren't.

Basically, the character was a Tiefling Wizard who wasn't very emotionally stable. He and a halfling rogue were then thrown into a demiplane that screwed with their emotions. Things got really bad. However, the halfling, after realizing that there was more to my character than his dickishness, ended up saving his life.

As a result of that particular characters obsession with paying debts (that was part of his main goal, actually), he later led the party onto a quest to find her after she'd been kidnapped, while seeming angrier that she'd been kidnapped than the whole party. It didn't help that just after that, there was this brief moment that they saw a flash of the demiplane they went to, causing them to reflexively cling to each other because, well, they knew they could rely on each other, and pretty much only each other, to get out of that mess alive.

Suffice to say, many, many jokes were made about our characters by the other players. :smallredface: XD
--------------------------------------------------

This other character of mine, meanwhile, actually had this whole "unspoken love" thing going on with this one female cleric PC that basically represented the purity he wished he had...at least to him. She just found him creepy, especially when she figured out how much he'd lied to the entire party about who he was...
-------------------------------------------
Oh, last but not least, a character of mine might or might not have prostituted herself to a fae to avoid the effects of the Wyld.

Beowulf DW
2012-04-13, 07:06 PM
I hope so. He'd storm the Nine Hells for her.
Though your story is awesome because of the sacrifice the succubus made after the paladin died. :smallsmile:

Now that would be a great epic level adventure. The heroes, having lived out their mortal days, get together in the afterlife to go after a succubus/harpy who was dragged back to the Nine Hells to be punished for falling in love with a paladin.

The Harrowing of the Nine Hells. Succeed or fail, the forces of evil will tremble in fear.

Calanon
2012-04-13, 10:30 PM
Now that would be a great epic level adventure. The heroes, having lived out their mortal days, get together in the afterlife to go after a succubus/harpy who was dragged back to the Nine Hells to be punished for falling in love with a paladin.

The Harrowing of the Nine Hells. Succeed or fail, the forces of evil will tremble in fear.

Added Details: The Succubus/Harpy was a disciple of Malcanthet and must journey to the abyssal layer of Shendilavri to rescue her... whether she remains the same after the Queens, grueling tortures is yet to be discovered...

Lets modify your adventure to improve the accuracy :smallbiggrin:

Rumor has it that a Paladin is desperately searching for his Princess who has been kidnapped by the Cult of Malcanthet... The exact details for this is unknown... Perhaps it has something to do with the Princesses Unearthly beauty?

The heroes, venture together through out the entire world, searching for hints, clues, and information on the Cult eventually coming to a great conflict with them before learning the true identity of the Princess...a succubus/harpy... Forced back into the Abyss to be punished for falling in love with a righteous paladin... The Heroes continue there quest searching for various ways into the Abyss, hearing legends of portals that lead deep into it...

staring on the Layer of Thanatos and questing deep through various Demon Lords domains, facing horrific challenges, vile cultist the Heroes arrive deep in Shendilavri... Word has reached the Queens ear that she is currently being hunted by simply mortal cretins foolish enough to enter the abyss and try and rescue a lowly former succubus... Malcanthet reveals to the Heroes that there quest is for not... for the Succubus no longer remains... upon revealing this the Queen is surrounded by various Manes... the lowliest of all Demons... one Mane in particular catches the groups eye... yes it appears that the Succubus has been demoted to the absolute lowest rank of Demons and is to be tortured into forgetting that she ever loved that foolish paladin...

Will love conquer all or will the Queen truly get her way?

The game is supposed to end with the Paladin and the Succubus (current Mane) over coming all odds and the Paladins kiss transforming the Succubus into a Throne Archon... :smallamused:

Adjust as needed ladies and gentlemen...

Morithias
2012-04-13, 11:06 PM
The sad part is that in the campaign setting where the Paladin/Succubus thing took place....Malachant doesn't exist....anymore.

Yeah, in a prior campaign my character was a triple gestalt, unseelie fey, half-fiend ghost, battledancer, white arcanist, thrall of malachant.

But then I realized...I'm triple gestalt and level 30...my charisma is in the low 70's at this point.

So I plane shifted to the abyss, murdered Malachant and took her artifact flail, then I plane shifted out, not even bothering to take over the level.

Ironically the "Red lotus" assassin might have been the cause of the whole "redeemed succubus" thing, cause she fled the abyss after a white glowing creature saved her life when she was about to be killed by another Demon. The creature didn't notice her, but seeing how it was slaughtering every demon it came across she assumed it to be an angel. Inspired by this she fled the abyss and sought redemption, hoping if she ever saw the angel again she could thank him/her.

Irony, got to love it.

Calanon
2012-04-13, 11:32 PM
The sad part is that in the campaign setting where the Paladin/Succubus thing took place....Malachant doesn't exist....anymore.

Yeah, in a prior campaign my character was a triple gestalt, unseelie fey, half-fiend ghost, battledancer, white arcanist, thrall of malachant.

But then I realized...I'm triple gestalt and level 30...my charisma is in the low 70's at this point.

So I plane shifted to the abyss, murdered Malachant and took her artifact flail, then I plane shifted out, not even bothering to take over the level.

YOUR DM WASN'T EVEN TRYING

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Cmon! He's supposed to buff up his Demon Lords to the point where players can't even dream of killing them! The Demon Lords presented in the FCI are supposed to be bases for the creatures :smallannoyed: ...Ah well... Whats done is done... :smalltongue:

JadedDM
2012-04-14, 12:48 AM
Oh, ugh. I'm running three Dragonlance pbp games at the moment, and there's a "romance" in each one, but they're awful. Like cringe-worthy to watch.

In the first game, I don't even know what's going on. The party consists of a human mage (White Robe), a kender cleric, a gnome ranger and a human fighter.

The mage pays a lot of attention to the gnome. A lot. He's always touching her whenever possible--he strokes her hair, for instance. If she's injured, he 'tenderly' rubs the wounds. Whenever their bodies are touching (like, if they are riding the same horse; or once, she rode on his shoulders while they were crossing a river) he tends to nuzzle her affectionately. (The gnome is 3'4" but the mage is 6'1", so...the imagery is even funnier to me.)

The really odd part is when I brought up the constant flirting, they both acted like I was nuts. The players of the mage and gnome both insist that their relationship is purely platonic. Umm...okay. Well, one's from Germany and the other from the UK. So maybe it's just some European thing?

But then again, when the human fighter (who is new to the group) asked the mage about his feelings toward the gnome, he blushed furiously and stammered he wasn't very good with women. Err...okay. So if it's purely platonic, why that reaction?

--------

The second game is actually the original War of the Lance modules. So the romance is between Goldmoon and Riverwind (two plainsfolk, a cleric and a ranger). For those of you who haven't played the game or read the books, both characters are in their late 20s and are in love, but the former is the Chieftain's Daughter and the latter is a mere shepherd.

The cringe-worthy part comes from Riverwind. The character is very stoic and taciturn. But the player plays him like a 14 year old with his first crush. Actually, he refers to Goldmoon as his character's 'crush' in-game, which just sounds really anachronistic to me. (Seems like 'beloved' would be more fitting for the setting). He dotes on her constantly, coming off as more of a creeper than anything else. It's very jarring, but then maybe I'm just more used to his depiction in the books, I don't know.

--------

The third game, the "romance" is between a knight (actually, he's a knight initiate; he hopes to become a knight soon) and a reformed thief. They were lovers in their youth, but broke up because of conflicting interests. Now they've been reunited in the party, and the thief is trying to give up her old habits.

That's the backstory, anyway.

The knight aspirant is played by the same guy who is playing the mage in the first game. And the romance is pretty much the same. He blushes constantly and hems and haws around her, despite the fact that they were lovers in the past. He's constantly stroking her, fondling her, nuzzling her, rubbing up against her, etc., like in the other game, but this time he blushes furiously after realizing what he's doing. (Both of these characters are in their 20s, by the way).

I still don't get the idea of him constantly trying to rub her wounds. That sounds more painful than anything else. "Oh, you got stabbed with a sword. Let me rub that for you." To give the thief credit, she cringes every time he does it, but that never seems to stop him. He also treats her as completely helpless. She takes a few points of damage in a battle, and he practically insists on carrying her (or at least letting her ride his horse with him, so he can constantly rub up against her and nuzzle her hair). He will then insist she stay out of all future battles until she's been healed (he does that to the gnome in the first game, too).

I'm really only scratching the surface here. Suffice to say, they are so badly portrayed, that one of my players recently came to me, asking to start a romance with an NPC. When I asked her why, she said the romances in my game are so terrible, she wanted to have at least one example of what people in a relationship actually act like. :smallbiggrin:

(It may occur to you that the players in question might possibly be very young or inexperienced. I don't know how old the guy playing Riverwind is, but the guy playing the mage and knight is in his mid-30s and married. So...yeah.) :smalleek:

Man on Fire
2012-04-16, 07:54 AM
You will never be taught true meaning of envy thanks to Drizzt (http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/11700384/)

Draconi Redfir
2012-04-16, 08:02 AM
One time we had a Succubus in the party once....and we also had a Paladin in the party.

Oddly enough it went pretty well, they actually ended up together and had a half-fiend baby who grew up to be a cleric of the goddess of love, stating that "if a succubus and a paladin could love anyone can".

Of course the paladin eventually died of old age, so the succubus plane shifted to the heavens and proceeded to spend the rest of her existence in a plane that literally made her skin itch to spend eternity with her beloved.

And this is what this thread is about. Tell us your love stories, it can be between PCs and NPCs, PC and other PCs, or even love stories between two NPCs that you helped out.

Let's make Lastai proud.

I just want to say this story is awsome:smallbiggrin:

So far none of my characters have fallen in love, my paladin in shackled city found himself lusting after the recently deceased teifling that served Drak'thar, but that didn't really go anywhere. And all the female partymembers keep dieing horribly:smalltongue:

Our gnome sorcerer did however manage to woo the owner of the local magic shop, even went to the flood festival ball with her!

Kalirren
2012-04-16, 02:29 PM
You will never be taught true meaning of envy thanks to Drizzt (http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/11700384/)

That is an -awesome- story.

Calanon
2012-04-16, 07:42 PM

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/This+story+gave+me+a+feel+you+sir+are+a+_c6c3bb3dd 61afab128e75fd3341c148b.png

Made me feel so many things... :smallredface:

Morithias
2012-04-16, 07:56 PM
YOUR DM WASN'T EVEN TRYING

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Cmon! He's supposed to buff up his Demon Lords to the point where players can't even dream of killing them! The Demon Lords presented in the FCI are supposed to be bases for the creatures :smallannoyed: ...Ah well... Whats done is done... :smalltongue:

Yeah about that. The stats I used for the simulated fight was from the dragon magazine that had the thrall class in it. And it flat out said the CR 26 monster was her "true form" or something to that effect.

And when we fight epic level we rule that a natural 20 = +30 to roll. So if you have attack bonus of +1 and an opponent has AC 32, you can't hit him even on a natural 20 (this is to prevent crap like a mob of level 1 commoners with silver weapons killing a horned devil and such).

Even on a natural 20 she wouldn't have saved against the ghost's paralyzing touch or possession power. So it basically was going to be "ghost power + coup de grace game over".

Hell we didn't even have the fight played out, he just let me do it once I pointed out there was no way for Malachant to win against the Red Lotus, and even if she did win. Ghost reform...Red Lotus has infinite tries to succeed.

Man on Fire
2012-04-16, 08:23 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/This+story+gave+me+a+feel+you+sir+are+a+_c6c3bb3dd 61afab128e75fd3341c148b.png

That is an -awesome- story.

If you like it, you should check out another one, from the same guy (http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/11730759/).

Ravens_cry
2012-04-16, 08:25 PM

I can't see the pic, even when I link directly.:smallfrown:

Sith_Happens
2012-04-17, 01:30 AM
[Situations in serious need on an intervention.]

Quick, Playground, what's a good plot hook/twist to make the first and third of these "romantic" subplots to either go somewhere meaningful or come to an end? I'm thinking the old "bad guy wants girl so he kidnaps her" rescue plot might be a good start, but I bet one of you can come up with something more original.:smallwink:

AgentofHellfire
2012-04-17, 10:59 AM
Quick, Playground, what's a good plot hook/twist to make the first and third of these "romantic" subplots to either go somewhere meaningful or come to an end? I'm thinking the old "bad guy wants girl so he kidnaps her" rescue plot might be a good start, but I bet one of you can come up with something more original.:smallwink:

Well, I can definitely think of something for scenario 3: Have people attempt to push the thief back to her old ways (or situations where her old ways are more helpful), creating added conflict between her and the knight.

As for scenario 1...hmm...I'm thinking "perfectly good competition", but that's not too great...

Reaper_Monkey
2012-04-17, 02:23 PM

Awesome find! Well worth the read, thanks for sharing that!

JadedDM
2012-04-17, 02:27 PM
Well, I can definitely think of something for scenario 3: Have people attempt to push the thief back to her old ways (or situations where her old ways are more helpful), creating added conflict between her and the knight.

As for scenario 1...hmm...I'm thinking "perfectly good competition", but that's not too great...

Oh, funny you should mention that. The thief's player already has something in mind. Her bow broke and when they get to the next town, she wants to get a new one. But...she's broke. What to do, what to do...

Cisturn
2012-04-18, 01:07 PM
Okay, so in my current game there's a minor PC romance thing going on between Frankie, a NG Radiant Servant of Pelor, and Darla a LN elf turned drow wizard. The romance has been going on for a little while, Frankie would flirt a bit, and Darla would chide him for it. The romance came into the forefront when Frankie had to walk not-magically aided through a prismatic sphere. Before he did so, he kissed Darla and said "If I make it back, we should really have a talk". Frankie survived, and both him and Darla vowed that they'd get married if they survived the campaign. I'm planning on having them retire to some new genesis plane as their happily ever after.

The funny thing is if they do get married, Frankie will probably make Darla (the drow) convert to Pelor.

Fallbot
2012-04-19, 02:20 PM
So my character fell pretty hard for the owner of the local item shop. It's slightly skeevy because she's his employer, but hey, he's too busy adventuring to actually work, so no biggie, right?

Oh, so she's twice his age? Well I guess that seems big now, but twenty years won't matter when they're a century down the line.

And...she's a changeling? Whose identities include several other NPCs around town? And one of these identities has adult children? Who are also changelings and share their mother's identities, including Item Shop Lady?

Dating in the D&Dverse is hard. And very confusing.

Dr Bwaa
2012-04-19, 02:28 PM
So my character fell pretty hard for the owner of the local item shop. It's slightly skeevy because she's his employer, but hey, he's too busy adventuring to actually work, so no biggie, right?

Oh, so she's twice his age? Well I guess that seems big now, but twenty years won't matter when they're a century down the line.

And...she's a changeling? Whose identities include several other NPCs around town? And one of these identities has adult children? Who are also changelings and share their mother's identities, including Item Shop Lady?

Ha! This just gets better and better.

Sith_Happens
2012-04-19, 05:38 PM

Well obviously the important question here is, how many of Item Shop Lady can you score at once?:smallwink: