PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Crafting skill checks per day

Laniius
2012-04-08, 02:38 AM
How many crafting checks can you do in a day? Can I say start crafting a bow and then start crafting a spear? Is there a limit to how long the person can craft, like there is for crafting magic items?

Morithias
2012-04-08, 02:41 AM
How many crafting checks can you do in a day? Can I say start crafting a bow and then start crafting a spear? Is there a limit to how long the person can craft, like there is for crafting magic items?

According to my research you make craft checks 1/week, and if you can make a build that can make a spear or bow in less than one day (if you do daily you check in copper pieces) post it, cause I would REALLY like to use it.

Edit: Link

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/skills/craft.html

Laniius
2012-04-08, 02:59 AM
Also, is there a feat similar to Master Alchemist for crafting other items?

Hand_of_Vecna
2012-04-08, 04:32 AM
The rules for how fast you can craft are in the srd and are unchanged in the pathfinder srd you take the DC of the craft check and multiply it by your craft check to get your sp worth of weekly progress or your gp worth of daily progress. You can also add 10 to the DC to accelerate the process.

I've commonly seen it houseruled that you can set the DC at any point you want above the base difficulty ideally at your skill modifier +1, so you get the maximum benefit while ensuring success.

A spear in one day is trivial. DC 22 (12+10 accelerating)X check of 22 = 484cp of daily progress almost two and a half spears worth.

By RAW you can't complete more than a single item in a day, but it's kind of silly to say that potential progress that the roll indicated goes to waste. It doesn't seem unreasonable to try to make as many spears or arrows as your check let's you pump out, this could make a big difference in a survival scenario where you need to arm as many people as possible fast. Alternatively an industrious craftsman could do a small job after going over his benchmark for completing a big project rather than just slacking off for the rest of the day/week or just not finishing for a few more days/hours because RAW doesn't support finishing early outside of DC raising.

I'm not aware of a feat like master alchemist for crafting, but why would you want one? Are you trying to exploit skill checks to make trivial amounts of money? Usually crafting is limited to rp, equipment discounts at character creation and survival scenarios.