PDA

View Full Version : Dark Heresy: Evicerator

Beelzebub1111
2012-04-08, 06:02 AM
So one of my players wants the Eviscerator, looking at it, it falls into one of two categories. Overpowered, or too dangerous to even consider using. As a feral world guardsman with 40 toughness and 14 wounds he has an okay chance to not die right away if he hits himself with it, but I fear that it will turn every melee combat into an unchallenging massacre. Am I correct or Should I arrange things so he gets one?

king.com
2012-04-08, 08:55 AM
Well they are somewhat difficult to get your hands on if your not a Cleric or dont have Ecclesiarchy friends. Remember, the biggest difficulty about this kind of weapon is A) you can never, ever, under ANY circumstance hold any kind of subtly or even human interaction (beyond intimidating) if someone has something like that and isnt a firebrand cleric speaking out and B) It comes with a big giant SHOOT ME sign. Sure the weapon can be beaten by other more dangerous weapons but the sheer reward size of something like that is going to draw attention.

Its not too dangerous considering all the drawbacks and allows you to have the cool Strength vs Agility fight where his opponent pecks at the big brute swining the massive greatsword.

Get him to provide a good reason as to how he should get one or create a scenario where befriending a member of the Ecclesiarchy and protecting the faith gets him a valid road to acquiring one and he should be able to get it eventually.

Callyn
2012-04-08, 02:02 PM
Melee combat in Dark Heresy is bad, guns have a huge advantage. The Eviscerator at least makes melee worth trying, IMO. I would let him get it, but make sure that he understands that it is 5 foot long chainsword and he can never hide it or not look like a lunatic while carrying it.

jaybird
2012-04-08, 02:53 PM
Melee combat in Dark Heresy is bad, guns have a huge advantage. The Eviscerator at least makes melee worth trying, IMO. I would let him get it, but make sure that he understands that it is 5 foot long chainsword and he can never hide it or not look like a lunatic while carrying it.

http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40k/images/a/a0/Catachan_Jungle_Fighters.jpg

^ THIS is what a Feral World Guardsman looks like. Bit too late for him to decide he doesn't want to look like a lunatic :smalltongue:

The Glyphstone
2012-04-08, 03:58 PM
Catachan is a Death World, not a Feral World. :smallcool:

Death Worlds tend to not be Feral Worlds anyways because the sheer dangerousness of the planet kills off its inhabitants unless they have high technology to protect them.

jaybird
2012-04-08, 04:03 PM
Catachan is a Death World, not a Feral World. :smallcool:

Death Worlds tend to not be Feral Worlds anyways because the sheer dangerousness of the planet kills off its inhabitants unless they have high technology to protect them.

Yeah, but if you want to build a Catachan in Dark Heresy, you build him as a Feral World Guardsman :smalltongue:

The Glyphstone
2012-04-08, 05:04 PM
Yeah, but if you want to build a Catachan in Dark Heresy, you build him as a Feral World Guardsman :smalltongue:

Okay, fair enough.:smallsmile: