PDA

View Full Version : Weird thought I just had (Warning: Shenanigans).

John Cribati
2012-04-08, 07:01 PM
Step 1: Play a Druid.
Step 2: Stuff the rest of the party into Bag of Holding/Portable Hole.
Step 3: Wildshape
Step 4: Rip off Overused meme
Step 5: ???
Step 6: Profit!!!

This is obviously best used for sneaking the entire party past enemy lines (Wildshape into some sort of bird, I guess). How else can this be broken?

Howler Dagger
2012-04-08, 07:04 PM
Do you suffocate in Bags of Holding?

Morithias
2012-04-08, 07:10 PM
Do you suffocate in Bags of Holding?

If living creatures are placed within the bag, they can survive for up to 10 minutes, after which time they suffocate.

John Cribati
2012-04-08, 07:16 PM
I forgot that part. But still, that's 58 rounds (1 to wildshape, 1 to become human again) - 2 rounds for each party Member in the bag (1 in, 1 out). So around 50 rounds with which you can pull all kinds of things.

Beowulf DW
2012-04-08, 07:24 PM
Sounds good to me. Is there anything Bags of Holding can't do? For example: in one game that my friends were playing (I hadn't met them yet) the players discovered an evil artifact that was suppose be part of a set. The idea was to make the players carry the artifacts around, collect them, and avoid the bad guys all the while. Pretty standard stuff. However, when they found the first artifact, they emptied out a bag of holding, put the evil thing-a-ma-jig into the bag, and stabbed said bag, instantly destroying it. The GM's overall plot was shattered as the primary objective now became finding the artifacts, putting them in bags, and stabbing the bags.

TuggyNE
2012-04-08, 08:31 PM
I forgot that part. But still, that's 58 rounds (1 to wildshape, 1 to become human again) - 2 rounds for each party Member in the bag (1 in, 1 out). So around 50 rounds with which you can pull all kinds of things.

It's better than that. A round is 6 seconds, so you have 100 total; four members + druid is 10 rounds, so you have 90 rounds of shenanigans. :smallcool:

(Or, of course, just grab a bottle of air and you're good to go.)

The Underlord
2012-04-08, 11:10 PM
I might just be tired, but I am not getting what meme you are ripping off. Could someone inform me? Also, can't the bag of holding only hold 200 pounds, so it is unlikely you could fit all of your party in?

TuggyNE
2012-04-08, 11:42 PM
I might just be tired, but I am not getting what meme you are ripping off. Could someone inform me? Also, can't the bag of holding only hold 200 pounds, so it is unlikely you could fit all of your party in?

<tvtropes>Step Three: Profit (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StepThreeProfit)</tvtropes>

Yes, that is a TV Tropes link, in which you will likely lose the next seventeen hours. :smalleek: You have been warned.

Also, the smallest bag can hold 250lb; the largest has a capacity of 1500. Unless your party is nothing but half-ogre minotaurs, that should be fine. (Even if it is, just get one for each and carry them all in wildshape meld form.)

The Underlord
2012-04-09, 10:00 AM
<tvtropes>Step Three: Profit (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StepThreeProfit)</tvtropes>

Yes, that is a TV Tropes link, in which you will likely lose the next seventeen hours. :smalleek: You have been warned.

Also, the smallest bag can hold 250lb; the largest has a capacity of 1500. Unless your party is nothing but half-ogre minotaurs, that should be fine. (Even if it is, just get one for each and carry them all in wildshape meld form.)

I am only seeing onme 200 pound bag. the handy haversack has 1,000 though.

TuggyNE
2012-04-09, 01:12 PM
I am only seeing onme 200 pound bag. the handy haversack has 1,000 though.

Where are you looking? SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems#bagofHolding) gives the range I listed.

Also, the handy haversack (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems#handyHaversack) lists a capacity of something over 80 pounds. :smallconfused:

KillianHawkeye
2012-04-09, 02:17 PM
Step 1: Play a Druid.
Step 2: Stuff the rest of the party into Bag of Holding/Portable Hole.
Step 3: Wildshape
Step 4: Rip off Overused meme
Step 5: ???
Step 6: Profit!!!

This is obviously best used for sneaking the entire party past enemy lines (Wildshape into some sort of bird, I guess). How else can this be broken?

Sounds good to me. Is there anything Bags of Holding can't do? For example: in one game that my friends were playing (I hadn't met them yet) the players discovered an evil artifact that was suppose be part of a set. The idea was to make the players carry the artifacts around, collect them, and avoid the bad guys all the while. Pretty standard stuff. However, when they found the first artifact, they emptied out a bag of holding, put the evil thing-a-ma-jig into the bag, and stabbed said bag, instantly destroying it. The GM's overall plot was shattered as the primary objective now became finding the artifacts, putting them in bags, and stabbing the bags.

Combine for the best party betrayal ever? :smallbiggrin:

Beowulf DW
2012-04-09, 02:49 PM

Which betrayal? The PC killing the other PCs, or the players tearing apart one of their own?

nedz
2012-04-09, 03:00 PM
This is a very old trick.
You use a portable hole for larger groups.

Saw this done way back in the days of 1E :smallamused: This is a very old trick.

The Underlord
2012-04-09, 04:03 PM
Where are you looking?SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems#bagofHolding) gives the range I listed.

Also, the handy haversack (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems#handyHaversack) lists a capacity of something over 80 pounds. :smallconfused:

Checked my PHB again and on page 253 wondorous items

Property:This bag can hold up to 200 pounds in weight or 20 cubic feet in volume, but it always weighs only 1 pound. Drawing an item from a bag of holding is a minor action

KillianHawkeye
2012-04-09, 04:10 PM
@ tuggy and Underlord: It might help if you were playing the same Edition. :smallwink:

Lochar
2012-04-09, 09:55 PM

Best trap in the world. Going through a dungeon, there is a room with a chest in it.

Low levels walk into the room and get the free stuff in the chest.

High levels walk in and their bags of holding just went into the portable hole on the wall.