PDA

View Full Version : Erfworld Game Dakari Imperium Vs Stoneheart

Silva Stormrage
2012-04-08, 10:34 PM
As the forces of the Dakari Imperium cross the hex border of 51,34 they see two warlords and 7 pulse readers wearing Stoneheart's Banner seemingly working on the construction of a mine. Both sides see each other at the same time. As both sides have Warlords they do not need to engage.

Forces
Dakari Imperium
2 Warlords
1 Ruler
1 Caster

Stoneheart
2 Warlords
7 Pulse Readers

Madhand
2012-04-08, 11:27 PM
The Stoneheart units are all dressed similarly, all in grey except for the Yellow and Black Sign on their chests. The Pulse Readers all have small hammers and wrenches. One of the Warlords is male and he wields a far larger hammer in one hand while he pulls a battleaxe from his back with the other. The other is female, she drops her hammer and a massive shield is pulled from her back alongside a wicked flail.

The two warlords are stacked with six of the Pulse Readers, with one remaining slightly behind in its own stack. The female Warlord speaks in a harsh grating voice.

"You trespass upon Stoneheart land."

Sarpedon
2012-04-09, 12:26 PM
The Dakari Imperialists are dressed in brightly colored, airy silk clothing. Those that wear armor are wearing it over their clothing, with streamers of bright cloth hanging from the armor as decoration. Both warlords are equipped with scimitar pushed through their belts. The croakamancer, Vaermina, is wearing robes of the same bright silk as the other Dakarians, and carries a large scythe. Imperator Inari, the ruler, has a two-handed sword over his back and a crown of white and yellow gold on his head.

The Imperator steps forward and asks for PARLEY. He keeps his hands raised were the Stonehearts can see them, and is careful to make no threatening movements or gestures.

"Hail, friends. We mean no harm and desire no conflict. We only seek passage through this land. Will you allow us to pass in peace?"

Madhand
2012-04-09, 12:36 PM
"Pass in Peace?" the Stoneheart female considers this for a moment and a smile slowly spreads across her face. "I suppose it might be possible, but I'm afraid we can't simply let you pass through our lands freely, that would impugn our sovereignty. A tax, or toll if you prefer, must be levied against you. So how much are you willing to pay?"

Sarpedon
2012-04-09, 06:42 PM
The Imperator listens to the stoneheart offer and nods. He'd expected as much, after all. "A moment, please," he asks politely, and steps back to confer with the others in his party. A few seconds later, he steps forward again.

"We are prepared to offer 500 smuckers for our passage." Inari states.

Madhand
2012-04-09, 06:51 PM
"Oh do you value your lives so little? Stoneheart values its leaders a fair bit more than that, we estimate 5000 Schmuckers for safe passage this turn. A price not so steep, all things considered."

Sarpedon
2012-04-09, 08:52 PM
"We value our lives more than you think, stoneheart," the Imperator snaps, "And are all your kind so rude? I suppose manners count for little in the mountains... However. We are prepared to meet your price, on the condition that you leave us alone and we are allowed to remain here until tommorow ((Next turn)). My caster is weary and can travel no further this day ((Out of move))."

Madhand
2012-04-09, 08:58 PM
"If you care about manners so much, then that is Princess Stoneheart to you. Your offer is accepted, 5000 Shmuckers and you can remain here unmolested until next turn."

Sarpedon
2012-04-09, 11:35 PM
The Imperator converses with his men for a moment, and then looks back to the Stonehearts and shakes his head. "We have had a change of heart. We reject this deal." As he speaks, three Phoenixes swoop down and join his stack. The Imperator draws his sword and begins shouting commands to kill the Pulse Readers first.

Madhand
2012-04-09, 11:44 PM
"It shall be a lovely funeral, even if we lose you all are dead. You might have survived next turn, now I doubt you'll survive this one."

Silva Stormrage
2012-04-10, 12:33 AM
Ignore I was mistaken.

Madhand
2012-04-10, 01:09 AM
I believe that is entirely wrong, mainly because attack is divided by defense

Silva Stormrage
2012-04-10, 01:16 AM
I believe that is entirely wrong, mainly because attack is divided by defense

That is UTTERLY hilarious that I didn't realize that. My friends and I played an ENTIRE game without noticing. Never mind I am wrong entirely.

Edit: Ah that makes sense, he changed that rule from the .37 ruleset from the .39. In .37 it's subtraction while in .39 it's division. I simply didn't notice the change.

Madhand
2012-04-10, 11:07 PM
The stack of 8 has a total attack of 31.46 and an average defense of 16.445.

Is your stack instead attacking the lone Pulse Reader?

Edit: Forgot Mountain Bonus for my command units, silly me

Sarpedon
2012-04-10, 11:39 PM
My stack has a total of 123 attack (123.42 rounded), and an average defense of 11 (11.46 rounded).

Caster Vaermina casts Lesser Hadoken at the single pulse reader, for 15 attack, dealing 3 damage. (4.5->5, 15/5 = 3)

The stack as a whole engages the stack of eight, dealing 8 damage. (123 / 16 = 7.69 rounded to 8)

Madhand
2012-04-11, 12:20 AM
So you deal 7.505 to my big stack while I deal 5.648 to you, I believe they both round up so I take 8 hits and you take 6.

Edit: Question, Can a Caster cast and attack normally in the same turn?

Sarpedon
2012-04-11, 12:27 AM
It has been changed, I wasn't finished. I was still figuring things out.

My defense is actually 11, so you deal 3 hits.

Also, the lone pulse reader is dead and cannot attack.

Jacior
2012-04-11, 03:10 PM
Hey guys, I know this isn't really my thread to post in, but I had asked Silva basically the same question already and since he hasn't noticed yet, I thought I'd help and push this along so turn 4 can start!

I always just thought that the caster gets to cast one spell as part of his "attack action" with the stack. So his attack and defense still apply but he can still cast a spell at opponents.

So apparently, yes, he can attack a seperate stack with his blast and still apply the attack and defense.

Madhand
2012-04-11, 04:47 PM
Alright so you take 3 hits, and I take 8.

My stats for next round: Total Attack: 39.79, so 40; Average Defense: 20.8, so 21.

I'll also point out that any round that you decide to cease this venture the Stoneheart side will not force the issue.

Sarpedon
2012-04-11, 04:53 PM
How did your stats increase from last round?

Madhand
2012-04-11, 04:54 PM
A promotion was bought!

Sarpedon
2012-04-11, 06:04 PM
Alright, round two! Let's go, men!

Vaermina casts reanimate on the dead Pulse Reader. The uncroaked scout joins my stack, bringing my attack up to 126.72, which rounds to 127, and my defense to 11.5, which rounds to 12. Vaermina has 5 juice left.

The stack attacks again, dealing 6 hits.

Stack has 45/48 hits remaining.

Madhand
2012-04-11, 07:30 PM
Alright so I deal 3 damage again

So I'm at 24/38 and your are at 42/48

Edit: And my round 3 stats are Total Attack: 36 Average Defense: 19

Sarpedon
2012-04-11, 09:03 PM
My stats this round: 183 attack, 16 defense.

This turn, I do 10 damage due to rolling a 6.

Hits are down to 14/28.

Madhand
2012-04-11, 09:20 PM
You take 2 hits and are down to 40/48 and I'm at 14/38, 1 more hit and My peeps start dieing!

Edit: Round 4, Total Attack: 40 (39.79)
Average Defense: 21 (20.80)

Sarpedon
2012-04-11, 09:58 PM
Yes, I know. >:3 (Rubs his hands together eagerly.)

The Imperator calls his men off with a few sharp gestures of his sword; Obeying their ruler, they all take a step back, but keep their weapons held ready.

"Princess, lay down your weapons! No one else needs to die today." The Imperator shouts, "We can end this now if you and your male warlord surrender yourselves into our custody. You have my word that you will not be harmed if you come peacefully, and that your scouts will be allowed to go free." Holding his sword ready, Inari waits for the Princess's reply.

Madhand
2012-04-11, 10:17 PM
The Princess laughs, though it sounds more like a death rattle.

"Hahahahaha, kill me and you all die next turn. You are right outside of Stoneheart. It is garrisoned with a full stack of Archers. They will be led by whichever one Father feels most suited. They will not fight the way we have, they will kill your Dancer first in an Assassination of arrows. Even at their worst they will croak him before any of you can retaliate. Then their leader will level, twice. Your now greatly reduced attack power will be of no match as they will be healed by our Caster, then your entire side will fall. So tell me, is it worth it?"

Sarpedon
2012-04-11, 10:54 PM
"I said nothing about killing you, Stoneheart. If you refuse my offer, Princess, I will capture you anyways, and it will not go as pleasantly for you in that case." Inari says, tensely. "Once you are in our grasp, if I so much as catch sight of another Stoneheart unit, you'll be croaked before those archers can even fire their first volley. When we reach safety, you'll be returned to your people unharmed. Consider your options, Princess. How this plays out all depends on you."

Madhand
2012-04-11, 11:01 PM
Princess Sans Tone lets go a slightly more pleasant laugh, though given her voice it still sounds like an avalanche.

"There is a simpler way, we make a Temporary Alliance with an outrageously high penalty for breaking it beforehand. Had it not been for the battle I couldn't have offered such, but you did me a favor by forcing Father to Promote me. Let us set the penalty at 50,000 Schmuckers, Father wouldn't dare break such an arrangement.

And let us set it for say 3 Turns, far enough away that going after you would not be worth it, not that I really plan on it anyway."

Sarpedon
2012-04-11, 11:16 PM
The Imperator lowers his sword a fraction as he considers the Princess's offer. He lowers the blade even more as he says, "Very well... We will accept this offer. On the condition that your warlord shall join my side as my permanent companion."

Madhand
2012-04-11, 11:22 PM
Baron Sid Mint bursts into laughter at this proposition, not laughter of incredulity but general amusement.

"He'll be happy 'bout that no doubt, less of a drain on the treasury!"

The Princess sighs as she gives a small nod.

"Those terms are acceptable."

The Baron will wait till the deal is finalized before joining his new side with a parting, "Enjoy digging Mines Princess!"

Sarpedon
2012-04-11, 11:45 PM
The Imperator turns his head and gives a sharp nod of his head. His followers sheath their weapons, and Inari gives the Stonehearts a smile, his pearly teeth a stark contrast against his coal-black skin. He lifts his sword and slides it back into the sheath across his back. "I am pleased that we could resolve this matter without further bloodshed, princess." Taking several steps forward, the leader extends his hand towards the princess, taking a glance at his new companion as he does.

Madhand
2012-04-11, 11:49 PM
Princess Sans Tone smiles as she shakes the Ruler's hand. While Obs Dien would have preferred the Imperator's head on a Pike now, later would serve just as well.

Sarpedon
2012-04-12, 12:21 AM
As their hands meet, the Imperator presses a small purse into the princess's palm, large enough to hold about 500 smuckers. "A dakari always pays his debts. Our fee for passage." He leans closer and whispers with a slightly less-than-friendly smile. Then their hands part and he turns to his newest warlord. "Welcome to the Imperium, Baron."