PDA

View Full Version : Gunslinger/Fire Arm/Ranged in 3.0 and 3.5?

killem2
2012-04-09, 04:13 PM
With the new sessions coming up, and my buddy taking over to start his own storyline, I have to make a character. Now, he'll let us have a couple characters so I have a goliath or half-giant beater in the works, but he originally said I could not be the gunslinger class from some one of the splat books.

I asked him again, he he said he is willing to allow a fire arms class or use of fire arms, (not modern of course), as long as is:

3.0 or 3.5 (if 3.0 it can't have been updated)
Wizard of the coast books.
Dragon mag.

Nothing else.

I'm aware there is a dragon mag with guns in it, (i can't recall where it was because I saw it in passing) and the DMG.

Any advice you can give me on this would be great. I can also be ANY race that is from the base races and their own sub type, or any race (except half minotaur) with an LA of +1.

(i'm thinking catfolk or strongheart halfling but you tell me)

What is out there in the word of 3.0/3.5 to support a gunslinger?

Ravens_cry
2012-04-09, 04:33 PM
Not much, but the DMG does have rules for guns. Not much, but it's the most I've seen so far for 3.X. Alternately, you could get stuff from d20 modern, which is available in the SRD document (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/msrd).
Pathfinder has stuff, but I know that's nor kosher, though it might be worth asking.

Prime32
2012-04-09, 09:14 PM
Pathfinder has stuff, but I know that's nor kosher, though it might be worth asking.PF's gun rules are also imbalanced, inconsistent, and inaccurate (crossbows and picks could pierce armor, guns couldn't).

Easiest way to handle things is using crossbow stats and changing the crits to 20/x3.

DarkestKnight
2012-04-09, 09:37 PM
There are some guns and alternative weapons in the DMG under world building. I believe they have muskets to anti material rifles. good stuff.

Agent 451
2012-04-09, 11:59 PM
The Dragon mag you are looking for is #321