PDA

View Full Version : The Dervish a Martial Rogue (3.5 ToB, Please PEACH)

wayfare
2012-04-09, 08:28 PM
Hey All:

I am running a 3.5 game that centers around a martial arts tournament, and I wanted to create a class that was half rogue and half martial adept. Here is my first attempt at this -- please healp me fill out the edges!

Goals:

1) Create a class that can function as a rogue, but also have major combat abilities.

2) Create a class that uses maneuvers as accents to the innate combat style. I want the class to be able to stand on its own in combat, but to have maneuvers that complement its natural abilities.

3) Create a class that is competitive with the Crusader and Warblade, tier 3ish.

THE DERVISH
Hit Die: d8
Skill Points: 6 + Intelligence Modifier
Trained Skills: Appraise, Balance, Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Escape Artist, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sleight of hand, Spot, Tumble

Weapon Proficiency: The Dervish is proficient with all simple weapons, as well as the handaxe, kukri, longsword, rapier, scimitar, and falchion.

Armor Proficiency: The Dervish is proficient with Light Armor and Light Shields.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Maneuvers Known|Maneuvers Readied|Stances Known|

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+0|Uncanny Dodge, Opportunistic Strike (Damage Boost)|3|2|0|
2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+0|Mobility +5, Trapfinding|3|2|1|
3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+1|Evasion|4|2|1|
4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+1|Nimble Offense|4|2|1|
5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+1|Mobility +10|4|3|1|
6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+2|Improved Uncanny Dodge|5|3|1|
7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+2|Opportunistic Strike (Max Damage)|5|3|2|
8th|
+6/+1|
+2|
+6|
+2|Mobility +15|5|3|2|
9th|
+6/+1|
+3|
+6|
+3|Decisive Parry|6|4|2|
10th|
+7/+2|
+3|
+7|
+3|Nimble Defense|6|4|2|
11th|
+8/+3|
+3|
+7|
+3|Mobility +20|6|4|2|
12th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+8|
+4|Improved Evasion|6|4|3|
13th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+8|
+4|Opportunistic Strike (Enhanced Critical)|7|5|3|
14th|
+10/+5|
+4|
+9|
+4|Mobility +25|7|5|3|
15th|
+11/+6/+1|
+5|
+9|
+5|Through the Joints|8|5|3|
16th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+5|Nimble Critical|8|5|3|
17th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+5|Mobility +30|8|5|4|
18th|
+13/+8/+3|
+6|
+11|
+6|Improved Decisive Parry|9|6|4|
19th|
+14/+9/+4|
+6|
+11|
+6|Opportunistic Strike (Mortal Blow)|9|6|4|
20th|
+15/+10/+5|
+6|
+12|
+6|Alacrity|9|6|4|[/table]

Description: A vanguard without compare, delivering death and dancing away in the blink of an eye; A swift footed scout, harrying the foe to create confusion among the enemy; A nimble assassin, striking a mortal blow and vanishing into the night – each of these warriors is a Dervish, a lightning-fast adept who fights with superior power and precision.

Part rogue, part warrior, the Dervish is an adaptable combatant at home on the front lines or in the deepest shadows. At the core of this adaptability is a rigorous training regimen that focuses on speed and perception. The Dervish moves swiftly, but matches this speed with a keen awareness of her surroundings – every acrobatic flip, every tumbling dash is calculated to inflict precise and deadly trauma upon the foe.

In combat, the Dervish is often the first fighter to leap into the fray, taking advantage of Opportunistic Strike and Mobility to attack a foe and slip out before a retaliatory strike can be made. The Dervish receives few martial maneuvers, and is best served by choosing maneuvers that complement her unique fighting style. For a Dervish who wants to take advantage of speed, Desert Wind allows for spectacular charges that can easily be followed by Mobility assisted withdrawal. A Dervish who wants to maximize the damage inflicted by Opportunistic Strike might rely heavily on Shadow Hand. Diamond Mind benefits both approaches, and is useful for the Dervish who wants to keep her options open.

Martial Maneuvers (Ex): The Dervish begins her career with knowledge of a small number of Martial Maneuvers. With an emphasis on speed and precision, the Dervish can choose Martial Maneuvers from the following Disciplines: Desert Wind, Diamond Mind, and Shadow Hand.

Once you know a maneuver, you must ready it before you can use it. Maneuvers used by a Dervish are considered Extraordinary abilities, are not effected by spell resistance, and do not trigger attacks of opportunity when initiated -- unless otherwise listed in the maneuver description.

Upon reaching 6th level, and every even level thereafter, the Dervish can choose to “forget” a previously known martial maneuver and learn a new maneuver, as long as you meet the prerequisites for that new maneuver. You can only swap a single maneuver at each opportunity.

Maneuvers Readied: A Dervish prepares his maneuvers by engaging in intense meditative kata. These ritualized movements are often very dynamic, but also incredibly precise – a gravity defying leap turns into a precise series of blows that flow into a long roll…acrobatics, war, and meditation combined in one effort, the Kata of a Dervish are physical challenge that even the sturdiest of warriors will find exhausting. Oddly enough, a Dervish is revitalized by her exertions, ready to bring her formidable powers to bear.
Dervish Kata take 5 minutes from beginning to end. When completed, the Dervish has “memorized” his maneuvers and can bring them to bear in battle. A Dervish can ready two of her three known maneuvers at level 1. As the Dervish gains levels, she can ready more Maneuvers. If the Dervish wants to “swap out” maneuvers, she can do so at any point by taking 5 minutes to perform Kata.
Each Maneuver you ready can be initiated once per encounter. When the Dervish lands a critical hit or reduces an opponent to 0 hp, she regains the use of one initiated maneuver.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Starting at 1st level, a Dervish can react to danger before her senses would normally allow her to do so. She retains her Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if she is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, she still loses her Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized.

Opportunistic Strike -- Damage Boost (Ex): If a Dervish can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from her attack, she can strike a vital spot for extra damage. The Dervish deals extra damage any time her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the Dervish flanks her target. This bonus damage is equal to the Dervish’s Intelligence Modifier.

Mobility (Ex): A Dervish of 2nd level moves with masterful grace, a speed that verges on the supernatural. During the Dervish’s turn, she may follow any one action up with a 5 foot step – moving in this way is not an action in itself. At 5th, 8th, 11th 14th, and 18th level this bonus movement increases by 5 feet.
A Dervish gains no benefit from this class feature if he is using medium or heavier armor or shields.

Trapfinding (Ex): A Dervish of 2nd level or higher can use the Search skill to locate traps when the task has a Difficulty Class higher than 20. Finding a nonmagical trap has a DC of at least 20, or higher if it is well hidden. Finding a magic trap has a DC of 25 + the level of the spell used to create it.
A Dervish can use the Disable Device skill to disarm magic traps. A magic trap generally has a DC of 25 + the level of the spell used to create it.
A Dervish who beats a trap’s DC by 10 or more with a Disable Device check can study a trap, figure out how it works, and bypass it (with her party) without disarming it.

Evasion (Ex): At 3rd level and higher, a Dervish can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If she makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if the Dervish is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless Dervish does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Nimble Offense (Ex): A Dervish of 4th level can capitalize on an ally’s successful attack to deliver a telling strike. Once per round, when an opponent rakes damage from an ally’s attack, the Dervish may make an attack of opportunity against that opponent. Even if the Dervish has the ability to make multiple attacks of opportunity in a round, Nimble Offense may still only be used once per round.

Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex): A Dervish of 6th level or higher can no longer be flanked. If a character already has uncanny dodge from a second class, the character automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead, and the levels from the classes that grant uncanny dodge stack to determine the minimum rogue level required to flank the character.

Opportunistic Strike – Max Damage (Ex): A Dervish of 7th level can deliver powerful attacks with her Opportunistic Strike. When a Dervish hits with an Opportunistic strike, that attack inflicts maximum damage.

Decisive Parry (Ex): A Dervish of 9th combines incredible speed with brilliant precision to turn aside mortal blows. A Dervish with this feature has a 50% chance of canceling a critical hit that strikes her. A Dervish who is immobilized or helpless does not gain the benefits of Decisive Parry.

Nimble Defense (Ex): The Dervish of 10th level uses speed and skill to interpose enemies in the way of attacks. The first time a Dervish inflicts damage with Opportunistic Strike in a turn, she adds her Intelligence modifier to her AC until the beginning of her next turn.

Improved Evasion (Ex): A Dervish of 12th level takes half damage on a failed reflex save and no damage on a successful reflex save. A helpless Dervish does not benefit from this ability.

Opportunistic Strike – Enhanced Critical (Ex): When a Dervish of 13th level makes an Opportunistic Strike, her critical threat range is increased by 2 for the purpose of that attack. This effect stacks with feats like Improved Critical or weapon enchantments like the Keen enhancement.

Through the Joints (Ex): All creatures have weak points, areas where a precise strike can deal a mortal blow. A Dervish of 15th level can find these weak spots with incredible ease, allowing her to damage enemies that are otherwise immune to harm.
When a Dervish inflicts damage upon an enemy, reduce any DR possessed by the enemy by the Dervish’s Intelligence modifier.

Nimble Critical (Ex): A Dervish of 16th level strikes with such speed and precision that her attacks are certain to kill. A Dervish automatically confirms any critical hits made.

Improved Decisive Parry (Ex): A Dervish of 18th level can faultlessly turn aside powerful attacks, gaining 100% immunity to critical hits. An immobilized or helpless Dervish does not gain the benefits of Improved Decisive Parry.

Opportunistic Strike – Mortal Blow (Ex): When a Dervish of 19th level hits with an Opportunistic Strike, she inflicts 2 points of damage to any of the targets physical ability scores. This ability damage heals at a rate of 1 point per day.

Alacrity (Ex): At the peak of her abilities, a Dervish can move with such grace and precision that the world seems to stand still. Three times per day, a Dervish of 20th level can take an additional standard action in a round.

NeoSeraphi
2012-04-10, 12:42 PM
Skills: Shouldn't have Spot and Search without Listen. Add Listen to the class skills. If you're trying to go for the true "rogue-ish" feel, which I think you are, you should also add the following skills to the list: Appraise (Yeah, I want to steal that), Bluff (What? I didn't steal that!), Forgery (Look, I've even got this official royal document, signed by the king, saying I didn't steal that!), Sense Motive (Huh, I think he might be on to the fact that I stole it...), and Diplomacy (Look, just because I stole that from you, it doesn't mean we can't be friends!). Use Rope would also be appropriate here.

Maneuvers: Unless I am mistaken, only 3 maneuvers out of the entire Desert Wind discipline are extraordinary. There are many supernatural Shadow Hand maneuvers as well. You should add the following text to the sentence about extraordinary maneuvers: "Unless otherwise stated in the maneuver's description".

Maneuvers Readied: I wouldn't have the refresh mechanic be so dependent on the dervish's ability to kill things. If the dervish is up against a powerful foe (like the BBEG) who is immune to critical hits and would require several turns of concentrated fire, the dervish could easily run out of maneuvers readied with no way to refresh them.

Keep the current refresh mechanic as is (though add "or less" to the killing part, because you can easily knock someone down below 0 hit points), but add a different mechanic like the warblade's or the swordsage's that only requires an action, but doesn't require an action based on the level of difficulty of the foe you are facing. (Full round meditation, recover all expended maneuvers sounds good).

The rest of the class looks fantastic. Lots of flavorful abilities that come together really well and make sense, resulting in a powerful and relevant character. With the expanded skill list I suggested and access to the Shadow Hand discipline, I would expect this class to easily be a low tier-3, and definitely on par with the warblade and crusader. Good job.

wayfare
2012-04-10, 01:45 PM
Skills: Shouldn't have Spot and Search without Listen. Add Listen to the class skills. If you're trying to go for the true "rogue-ish" feel, which I think you are, you should also add the following skills to the list: Appraise (Yeah, I want to steal that), Bluff (What? I didn't steal that!), Forgery (Look, I've even got this official royal document, signed by the king, saying I didn't steal that!), Sense Motive (Huh, I think he might be on to the fact that I stole it...), and Diplomacy (Look, just because I stole that from you, it doesn't mean we can't be friends!). Use Rope would also be appropriate here.

Maneuvers: Unless I am mistaken, only 3 maneuvers out of the entire Desert Wind discipline are extraordinary. There are many supernatural Shadow Hand maneuvers as well. You should add the following text to the sentence about extraordinary maneuvers: "Unless otherwise stated in the maneuver's description".

Maneuvers Readied: I wouldn't have the refresh mechanic be so dependent on the dervish's ability to kill things. If the dervish is up against a powerful foe (like the BBEG) who is immune to critical hits and would require several turns of concentrated fire, the dervish could easily run out of maneuvers readied with no way to refresh them.

Keep the current refresh mechanic as is (though add "or less" to the killing part, because you can easily knock someone down below 0 hit points), but add a different mechanic like the warblade's or the swordsage's that only requires an action, but doesn't require an action based on the level of difficulty of the foe you are facing. (Full round meditation, recover all expended maneuvers sounds good).

The rest of the class looks fantastic. Lots of flavorful abilities that come together really well and make sense, resulting in a powerful and relevant character. With the expanded skill list I suggested and access to the Shadow Hand discipline, I would expect this class to easily be a low tier-3, and definitely on par with the warblade and crusader. Good job.

Thanks a lot! I've made the skill changes you suggested, but I have a question about the recovery mechanic:

Would it function better if I made it something along the lines of "Whenever the dervish threatens a critical or reduces an opponent to 0 hp or less, she may regain an initiated maneuver."?

The Mentalist
2012-04-10, 01:57 PM
One question:

Can Alacrity be used multiple times in a round (to its three a day limit)?

For Maneuver options: (in case you didn't know about these projects)

Tomb of Tactics (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183826)

Circling Vulture, Wandering Eye, and Life's Blood may be of interest to you.

The Age of the Warriors (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134088)

Coin's Edge, Black Lotus, Dancing Leaf, and the Desert Wind Variants may serve your purposes as well.

NeoSeraphi
2012-04-10, 02:00 PM
Thanks a lot! I've made the skill changes you suggested, but I have a question about the recovery mechanic:

Would it function better if I made it something along the lines of "Whenever the dervish threatens a critical or reduces an opponent to 0 hp or less, she may regain an initiated maneuver."?

Not really. That still requires you to make an attack roll that makes contact with your target, which doesn't allow you to, say, hide and slowly regain your power while your enemy deals with your allies. If you have to run back to get healed, you would end up wasting a turn doing nothing, while the three ToB initiators could have used that action to recover some power.

wayfare
2012-04-10, 02:30 PM
One question:

Can Alacrity be used multiple times in a round (to its three a day limit)?

For Maneuver options: (in case you didn't know about these projects)

Circling Vulture, Wandering Eye, and Life's Blood may be of interest to you.

The Age of the Warriors (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134088)

Coin's Edge, Black Lotus, Dancing Leaf, and the Desert Wind Variants may serve your purposes as well.

My intent was a once per round use, but the ability to pull three extra actions out of the air is pretty useful. Should I change mu original wording?

Thanks for the links! Third party disciplines have to be approved by the group, so this list will make it pretty easy to collect that stuff!

The Mentalist
2012-04-10, 02:38 PM
My intent was a once per round use, but the ability to pull three extra actions out of the air is pretty useful. Should I change mu original wording?

It's up to you. As written (it being not an action and all) I read it as being able to blow them all at once. If you like that option then keep it, if not, I'd change it. Perhaps make it a swift action activation. (Would prevent you from popping a belt of battle at the same time and getting 5 standard actions in a round too) or the famous original wording of a Quickened spell "as a free action once per round"

Thanks for the links! Third party disciplines have to be approved by the group, so this list will make it pretty easy to collect that stuff!

Enjoy.

Empedocles
2012-04-10, 08:32 PM
Alright, this class looks like a solid tier 3. Can I suggest this image?http://villairrsinn.de/gallery/137_1353/r_i625.photobucket.com_albums_tt331_kidofburden_Fe maleElfRogue.jpg

And now on to the full PEACH...

As a note, you have an empty line of table at the top...

Chassis (BAB, Saves, HD, Skills): Looks good. The maneuvers will offset the BAB, the d8 makes him a teeny bit squishy (but not too squishy, and it's basically a rogue anyways who have d6), and the saves are logical. On Skills, 6 skill points make sense. If you really want this to be a rogue replacement, give him scout skills.

Maneuvers: Hmmm, looks good for the most part. My only issues are these: He should have the setting sun discipline (or better yet the black lotus homebrew discipline). Setting sun is very martial-artsy. Next...the recovery method is a bit much. It makes it so he can't recover maneuvers in his downtime/between encounters. I'd say that the swordsage recovery method is appropriate for him.

Opportunistic Strike: Nice touch. Not nearly as good as sneak attack, but if it was then it'd be too much. I really like the advanced versions also. Excellent ability.

Nimble Offense: Very cool, especially if he can use maneuvers when he makes the attack (not sure if you should specify that or if it's just a rules thing).

Decisive Parry: AWESOME.

The only thing left to say...is make Alactrity usable a number of times per day equal to her intelligence modifier and specify that it can't be used more than once a round (unless you want them having 4 standard actions...)

Ziegander
2012-04-11, 07:31 PM
Hey All:

I am running a 3.5 game that centers around a martial arts tournament, and I wanted to create a class that was half rogue and half martial adept. Here is my first attempt at this -- please healp me fill out the edges!

I can honestly say that I think this is the best "Martial Rogue" attempt I've ever seen. Too many just stack Sneak Attack + full maneuvers onto the chassis and call it a day. You refrained from doing so, instead showing creativity and restraint in designing a rogue-ish duelist, and I enjoy the results. That said, I do think there is plenty of room for improvement.

Weapon Proficiency: The Dervish is proficient with all simple weapons, as well as the handaxe, kukri, longsword, rapier, scimitar, and falchion.

This assortment of weapon proficiencies is very odd. For instance, short sword is a martial weapon and yet for some reason is strangely absent, while the Falchion is the lone two-handed weapon amongst a pile of one-handed martial weapons. Very odd.

I would revise the weapon proficiencies to: "A Dervish is proficient with all light and/or one-handed, melee, piercing and/or slashing weapons that are either simple or martial."

Martial Maneuvers (Ex):

For starters, I think your handling of the class' martial maneuvers is a little clumsy and can be made more solid. The first thing I notice is that it only learns 9 maneuvers over the course of its career and that the way you have them introduced means that a Dervish is not always able to learn a maneuver of a given level at the level that maneuver would normally be available. For example, at 5th level, he cannot learn a 3rd level maneuver (but he can at 6th, which isn't so bad), and he can't learn a 4th maneuver until 9th level at which point he might as well learn a 5th level maneuver. This trend continues and gets more pronounced one the way to 20th level.

Might I suggest staggering the progression to knowledge of just one 1st level maneuvers at 1st, two at 2nd, two at 3rd, three at 4th, and another maneuver known at every even level thereafter? That finishes the class with 11 maneuvers known and makes sure that it can learn a new maneuver level at one level behind the other martial classes in a sort of "sorcerer-progression" of maneuvers known.

Of course at that point you'd need to change how many it has readied throughout the levels and you may want to give them a stance at 1st level to even things out.

Upon reaching 6th level, and every even level thereafter, the Dervish can choose to “forget” a previously known martial maneuver and learn a new maneuver, as long as you meet the prerequisites for that new maneuver. You can only swap a single maneuver at each opportunity.

Why delay this ability until 6th level? Don't all of the other initiators get to do this at 4th level? It seems an insignificant change and an odd one.

Maneuvers Readied: [...] Each Maneuver you ready can be initiated once per encounter. When the Dervish lands a critical hit or reduces an opponent to 0 hp, she regains the use of one initiated maneuver.

This is... harsh. A worse recovery by all standards than even the Swordsage's.

Perhaps change this to, "whenever the Dervish successfully hits an opponent that is denied its Dexterity modifier to AC, she recovers the use of a single initiated maneuver. Further, whenever she reduces an opponent to 0 or fewer hp with a melee attack, she recovers all of her initiated maneuvers."

It's would still be not nearly as useful as the Warblade's or Crusader's recovery mechanics, but it's also much more reliable.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Starting at 1st level, a Dervish can react to danger before her senses would normally allow her to do so. She retains her Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if she is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, she still loses her Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized.

Not sure you want this available at a one-level dip. Remember that Uncanny Dodge + Uncanny Dodge always = Improved Uncanny Dodge. Since Trapfinding is always a 1st level ability and Uncanny Dodge is always a 2nd level+ ability, doesn't it make sense to swap the two?

Opportunistic Strike -- Damage Boost (Ex): If a Dervish can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from her attack, she can strike a vital spot for extra damage. The Dervish deals extra damage any time her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the Dervish flanks her target. This bonus damage is equal to the Dervish’s Intelligence Modifier.

Bravo! Thus you begin your trend of skipping Sneak Attack in favor of a string of abilities that work much more nicely with martial maneuvers.

Mobility (Ex): A Dervish of 2nd level moves with masterful grace, a speed that verges on the supernatural. During the Dervish’s turn, she may follow any one action up with a 5 foot step – moving in this way is not an action in itself. At 5th, 8th, 11th 14th, and 18th level this bonus movement increases by 5 feet.
A Dervish gains no benefit from this class feature if he is using medium or heavier armor or shields.

This is pretty awesome. I'm not sure if it's two awesome. Well... actually it likely is. Needs some clarifcation/restriction. I would specify that you cannot follow-up a Full-Round Action or an Immediate Action with this movement and that it has to be taken on your turn.

Trapfinding (Ex): [...]

See my comments above.

Nimble Offense (Ex): A Dervish of 4th level can capitalize on an ally’s successful attack to deliver a telling strike. Once per round, when an opponent rakes damage from an ally’s attack, the Dervish may make an attack of opportunity against that opponent. Even if the Dervish has the ability to make multiple attacks of opportunity in a round, Nimble Offense may still only be used once per round.

You should amend this to: "when an adjacent opponent takes damage [...]" Opportunist works much better as a 4th level class feature than it does as a level 10+ special Rogue ability. Nice.

Opportunistic Strike – Max Damage (Ex): A Dervish of 7th level can deliver powerful attacks with her Opportunistic Strike. When a Dervish hits with an Opportunistic strike, that attack inflicts maximum damage.

Great. Max damage with your maneuvers is pretty dang fun, and, again, much better than merely adding Sneak Attack on top.

Decisive Parry (Ex): A Dervish of 9th combines incredible speed with brilliant precision to turn aside mortal blows. A Dervish with this feature has a 50% chance of canceling a critical hit that strikes her. A Dervish who is immobilized or helpless does not gain the benefits of Decisive Parry.

Wording issue here. Reading ahead to the improved version of this, I presume you mean that the Dervish has a chance of turning a critical hit into a normal hit, as Fortification, not a chance of negating the hit entirely.

Though, the latter could be very cool, you probably don't want to be handing out 50% and 100% chances of success against that.

Opportunistic Strike – Enhanced Critical (Ex): When a Dervish of 13th level makes an Opportunistic Strike, her critical threat range is increased by 2 for the purpose of that attack. This effect stacks with feats like Improved Critical or weapon enchantments like the Keen enhancement.

I usually don't like crit-enhancing abilities. My Katana Savant uses them, but that class is silly anyway. Might this be nicer if it a) allowed you to crit opponents that you ordinarily couldn't, or b) empowered your damage on top of maximizing it (though this might be too much damage for your tastes).

Through the Joints (Ex): All creatures have weak points, areas where a precise strike can deal a mortal blow. A Dervish of 15th level can find these weak spots with incredible ease, allowing her to damage enemies that are otherwise immune to harm.
When a Dervish inflicts damage upon an enemy, reduce any DR possessed by the enemy by the Dervish’s Intelligence modifier.

Eh, interesting, but it seems WAY too late considering practitioners of Devoted Spirit and Stone Dragon have been ignoring DR entirely for 12 levels now.

Alacrity (Ex): At the peak of her abilities, a Dervish can move with such grace and precision that the world seems to stand still. Three times per day, a Dervish of 20th level can take an additional standard action in a round.

I actually really like this as a capstone, and combined with the extra movement during her turn, this allows her to "spring attack + bounding assault" with maneuvers. Which is BOSS. You should probably specify that she may only use this ability once per round and only during her turn.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-04-11, 07:48 PM

I'm a grammar nazi by nature, but this absolutely drives me crazy. It's like the rouge class.

wayfare
2012-04-12, 12:26 AM
Thanks for all of the great suggestions, guys! I am working out of a phone for the next few days, so I won't be able to make any changes, but keep up the PEACHing -- my players are going to love this class!