PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Ranged slashing and ranged bludgeoning weapons/ammo for an archer..

animewatcha
2012-04-09, 11:29 PM
Tome of battle banned. Assuming force is unavailable or wanting to supplement it. Going full fighter for feats ( and to keep thing simple a bit with group. Still learning the game ). Is there bludgeoning or slashing ammo that goes along with bows? Ranged sunder feat ( sometimes ranged pin too ), hence the question. Sometimes gotta destroy the weapons of the minions to help take down the BBEG.

Also, LA +1 max. Not warforged. Good races/templates/skill tricks for full-on fighter? Or heck, which 2 fighter bonus feats to pick up via monk-ignoring reqs ( not epic ) through martial monk.

deuxhero
2012-04-10, 12:24 AM
What you are looking for is either in A&EG or RotW I think.

Full fighter leaves a LOT to be desired, you get NOTHING on a lot of levels and you will fairly quickly out of feats to take eventually, and I wouldn't recommend it.

If you want a good single class archer in pure 3.5, Cleric with the Zen Archery feat (Complete Warrior) and eventually a Monk's belt (UAS lets you threaten, Wisdom to AC may eventually be better than your armor) is a very good option as you can really just focus on Wisdom.

Hylas
2012-04-10, 12:42 AM
Just use boxing glove arrows.

Gullara
2012-04-10, 01:04 AM
Races of the Wild is indeed the book to look at for slashing and bludgeoning arrows. I believe they have a couple other kinds of special arrows too that might be worth looking at.

Alleine
2012-04-10, 01:30 AM
Races of the Wild does indeed have Slashing and Bludgeoning arrows. The Serpentstongue arrows deal slashing/piercing, and are also good for damaging low-hardness items. Blunt arrows deal bludgeoning, but it's also, somewhat unfortunately, nonlethal damage. The cost of both are thankfully quite cheap.