PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Build Help, weird combo

Rethmar
2012-04-10, 04:40 AM
A friend of mine is looking to play a character that he described as a berserker with spells.

So, I guess he wants rage. A couple levels of barbarian.

Also, he wants spellcasting to be sort of a gish.

Lastly, he wants to have a couple of maneuvers on the side as well.

Any idea what the best way to go about this is?

So, we're looking at a rager gish primarily, with a few maneuvers. Seems weird to me, not sure how to make it flavored well and be effective.

Thanks for the advice.

mattie_p
2012-04-10, 06:45 AM
Druidic avenger variant from Unearthed Arcana? Its got most of what he wants except maneuvers.

1. Wildshape into a bear.
2. Start rage
3. ????
4. Profit

KillianHawkeye
2012-04-10, 06:49 AM
Rage Mage! Complete Warrior (I think).

Alienist
2012-04-10, 07:00 AM
You can pick up the manoeuvres with feats (limit 3 I think)

Amphetryon
2012-04-10, 07:04 AM
Runescarred Berzerker from the Forgotten Realms, with a couple of feats for the maneuvers he wants.

Soranar
2012-04-10, 07:09 AM
A straight barbarian 10 /Champion of Gwynharwyff 10 works well enough but it won't net you maneuvers outside those you take by spending feats on them, which is not very efficient since you don't get a decent recovery method.

Also makes you MAD since you need STR, some DEX, CON, some INT, some WIS and you also benefit from CHA

A better option is to dip a level of Warblade (more efficient at higher levels since your initiator level will be half your non martial classes + warblade)

Champion of Gwynharwyff stacks with barbarian for rage so you don't lose anything by taking 10 levels of it.

Finally you can't do smart things while raging (so some maneuvers won't be available)

The following build should work well

Barbarian 1 (for pounce)/Warblade 5/Champion of Gwynharwyff 10/Warblade 4

Progresses well, meshes well with itself and you always get d12 hitpoints and full bab.