PDA

View Full Version : Blastifice This

GutterFace
2012-04-10, 09:29 AM
So I need a tad bit of clarification on just a few things. I am debating whether or not to go "arcane" or psionic artificer. irregardless, of their differences it comes down to this. The campaign i will be playing in is a city/urban one (3.5). so i know there will be bars, walls, doors, etc. Which means i will trying my best to do a Sonic energy type build. Now here is the meat of the matter

I will be dual wielding wands/Dorje's:

Psi: Energy Bolt (upon craft making it Sonic) it's 5d6-1 sonic damage BUT it ignores hardness. which makes this KEY in how i want to play. blast the crap out of anything and everything including the armor off of foes.

"Arca": Sound Lance; better damage at 5d8, same distance. BUT this does not list that as a Sonic damage spell if it ignores hardness or not. can anyone clarify if sonic type magic does

or is the ignore hardness just for the psionic damage type???

thanks everyone!

oh and ps....is anyone has the Homunculi types handy can you throw them my way? no links please my work web browser eats links alive.

DarkestKnight
2012-04-10, 11:27 AM
I remember vaguely that the psionic artificer had an edge over the norm one, but I cannot remember why. I think it had to do with versatility but don't take my word on this.

Sonic/acid deal normal damage to objects, where other elements take a 1/2-1/4 damage reduction before applying hardness. if a spell says that it ignores hardness it it the spell not the element giving that effect. keep in mind artificers love the magick a la retain essence, so enchanting an Artificer's monocle with continuous detect magic lets you know when you are about to sunder some useful loot.

Here's the list of the homunculi stuff and where you can find them.
Arbalester 152 Magic of Eberron
Packmaster 152 Magic of Eberron
Persistent harrier 153 Magic of Eberron
Dedicated Wright 285 Eberron Campaign Setting
Expeditious Messenger 286 Eberron Campaign
Furtive filcher 287 Eberron Campaign
Iron Defender 288 Eberron Campaign

honestly the only ones I would use would be the Dedicated Wright and the Expeditious Messenger, but they all have a purpose.

Hope this helps!

Answerer
2012-04-10, 01:24 PM
According to the MIC, Psionic Artificers can make magic items, too, the same as a regular Artificer, on top of all the Psionic items. So... yeah.