PDA

View Full Version : Duo 1 IC

Gaiyamato
2012-04-10, 07:03 PM
You both awaken completely naked laying face up in hot dry sand.
You remember going to sleep (or meditating) the night before and then.. this now. Nothing else comes to you no matter how hard you try.

Worse you then realize the presence of one another. Neither of you knows the other. Both of you are naked and alone in the middle of rolling sand dunes, with no memory of how you got there.

http://brianruebphotography.com/wp-content/uploads/Mesquite-Dunes-Storm.jpg

lostsole31
2012-04-10, 07:55 PM
Shuzmab stands 6' 7" tall, and weighing an obscenely dense and muscular 382 pounds. His skin is dark blue, but it almost looks frost-rimed with many, many silver scales here and there. From a distance, in the heat, it might actually look he's made of metal. Close up, however, the silver-to-blue is well mixed. He has beady, baleful yellow eyes. The silvery claws coming out of his blue fingers glint wickedly. When he hisses angrily or growls threateningly, baring his teeth, a dark blue sheen to his saliva can be seen.

Shuzmab springs up and looks at the tiny man-thing, and with a whiff of his nostrils, sees that this man-thing is .... dead?

He growls. "What are you?"

Duskranger
2012-04-11, 12:41 AM
Thanks for asking, yes I'm well, and apparantly I a again in the same position as 20 years ago. And about your question, I am an undead abominaton, a strong creature of unknown magical prowess, killed and raised by a necromancer of renowned strength. But you can call me Ivandro.

Ivandro looks once over his fellow guy.

But now let's be serious, I am Ivandro, a necropolitan, in other words someone who was killed and raised, but kept it's own personality. My teacher found it better that way. He regretted it though when his creation killed him. Now since the introductions are over. Where am I, how did I get here and where are my clothes.

lostsole31
2012-04-11, 01:36 AM
Thanks for asking, yes I'm well, and apparantly I a again in the same position as 20 years ago. And about your question, I am an undead abominaton, a strong creature of unknown magical prowess, killed and raised by a necromancer of renowned strength. But you can call me ..... Ivandro.

Ivandro looks once over his fellow guy.

But now let's be serious, I am Ivandro, a necropolitan, in other words someone who was killed and raised, but kept it's own personality. My teacher found it better that way. He regretted it though when his creation killed him. Now since the introductions are over. Where am I, how did I get here and where are my clothes.
The monster is bored by the time you get to the above-added periods of ellipses (and slashout), and he sniffs dismissively. It's up to Ivandro if he stops abruptly, trails off, or tries to shout while the blue meanie is roaming around to see his surroundings.

He lopes around somewhat of a perimeter, about 60' distance from the undead-necrowhatsit-suchandsuch, looking for higher dunes from which he can look about and try to get a sense of things.
Spot [roll0] - I don't know the modifier with TW down, but I have pretty outstanding senses.

Duskranger
2012-04-11, 01:59 AM
OOC:

Just for my information, since I can't really check your sheet, what kind of creature are you?

Okay big guy, do you see anything? If yes, preferably some people we can rob, I need some clothes, and since I have no money sad little traders will need to provide it. I think we will get along just fine. I think you do.

Thoughts from Ivandro:
I know for sure we will get along, because if necessary I will charm you. As long as this thing helps me he will live, as soon as he is less usefull, well, there are a lot of ways to dispose of someone.

lostsole31
2012-04-11, 02:48 AM
Because this is the VERY RARE time that the DM effectively demands shared sheets ... and I in turn would share with you, here is the IC and OOC versions of that answer.

OOC
What he is technically in game mechanics for "build" is NOT what he actually is socially/ culturally/ or even necessarily biologically. In Gamespeak, he is a very young ogre mage with the feral and monster of legend templates (this latter having been a dispensation by the DM as regards a giant type) and the "arctic race" layer from Unearthed Arcana.

Non Gamespeak, he is not a "giant", an "ogre mage", or the like .... though of course his powers will mean a xenobiologist would say something along the lines of him being "similar to an ogre mage, but for ...."

There is a saying, "When Hell freezes over." What most people don't realize is that there is quite a powerful layer of hell, one of the innermost circles, that is one of the coldest places in the multiverse. If he is no a possession-spawn of Levistus himself, then whoever his scion is ranks quite highly. He doesn't know. He doesn't have a clue. You might have memories of this and that, whereas he is spawned here ... fully knowledgeable in what makes him functional and with a solid moral and ethical predilection, but know self-knowledge of history, background, family or anything else. It is like the uruk-hai that was hatched with full linguistic and knowledge ability.

IC
You don't have the first damn clue. You neither have Knowledge: Nature nor Knowledge: Planes. And the various mixtures from so many spots makes him incredibly hard to identify even among experts of that field. It's not a function of CR, it's a function of precedent.

No, this guy is a scary ball of mysterious. One thing is surely for certain though ... you have no ranks in Knowledge: Local, either, but you're 99-44/100% sure that there is no way he is simply a humanoid. This means that trying to control this guy is far more difficult than a charm person ... because he must assuredly exist outside of the class that "person" entails.
While he allows his eyes to adjust to this terrible heat and the shimmer (read: waiting for Gaiyamato to respond), he answers, "The only reason I don't solve that problem for you by carving you from the nave to the chaps, is because there is a difference between the taste of the dead, and the taste of death, on my claws.

"Money ... you are referring to souls or goods for trade, yes? Do you know the currency here? Better to befriend the foolish until their usefulness is expended. It will make the betrayal sweeter."

Duskranger
2012-04-11, 03:41 AM
OOC:

@ LostSole31: Actually most games I play in like shared sheets. And I will not use the knowledge OOC for metagaming, but the description you gave was something I could not really work with. That's why I asked.

That build would seem LA rich actually, even though it depends on multiple things, especially monster classes (chills over my spine) from this site, even without it I wouldsay 1/2 classlevels tops (Total I mean, instead of my 4 classlevels).

On the other hand, scaring my guy is kinda hard, he died allready and such. :smallbiggrin:

Another reason to find a trading caravan. Those most of the time know the goods. I will need to find a way to disguise myself, and you should at first probably stay out of sight. People scare easily and I do not think I can explain you, how hard I try. I mean you don't really look humanish now do you. Souls though are probably not in the list of trade goods. Souls are more for the more hellish kind, instead of the normal planedwelling kind of people.

lostsole31
2012-04-11, 04:54 AM
He looks at you incredulously. "Why would I disguise myself? You're the one who looks weak. I can't imagine the barbazu guards of any caravan here finding you a threat. And if you don't at least look like a threat, they'll never take you seriously. I probably cant take a barbazu, but at least I look like something they aren't sure of. Disguise yourself as something tougher, if you can.

"And why in the Nine Homes would I ever want to look like those ridiculously frail petitioners? We only ever see humans because they were weak and died once already. What makes you think we'll find humans? And where the Arcadia do you think we are, anyway, maggot-feast? I haven't been to this layer, but surely we haven't left the Nine Homes!"

What the hell is a Barber-Zoo?

And, he is surprisingly erudite, given the monstrosity of his form.

Oh, and since you mentioned it .... he has ZERO character classes. He's all RHD and LA right now.

Duskranger
2012-04-11, 05:21 AM
Ivandro sighs.

Thoughts: With some things you just can't normally speak.

Well, we are not in Kansas anymore (sorry I couldn't resist). I come from the material plane, you apparantly from the nine hells, let's hope this is not Celestia, I have had more cruel jokes put on me than that, but still. Let's put it this way, we do not know where we are and why we are here. We do know though that before this morning everything was the same as always. Do you need water or something of the kind? And I think we will face humans since most planes, as far as I know, at least those that look normal like this, are inhabited with humanoid races.

OOC:

It depends on the amount of RHD and your willsave, but I think you should not underestimate a colorspray:smallbiggrin:.

lostsole31
2012-04-11, 05:58 AM
He thinks for a few minutes (by now he's back down off the top dune). "I know the things I know, because I know them. I understand the concept of memory, and I am gaining a growing awareness of the actual sense of it since my awakening. But before now, there was no before for me. There is now and what will come, and the before has yet to fully occur beyond the last few minutes."

He thinks a little bit more. "No. Yes, I am sure of it. No .... I neither eat, nor drink, nor sleep. But I do sense that I need this air or I may collapse in on myself. I guess I eat air, the word called 'breathing.' I have noticed that your body doesn't move like mine ... in, out ... in, out ... you are much more still than I. This is what it means to be dead-yet-alive? You move like the living, but you do not eat air - breathe?

"Still, there is a gnawing in me. It is not strong. It is very, very faint. I do not know what it is. But no, I do not need to eat, but the idea of food sounds pleasurable ... to chase down prey, to feel its fear, and then to bite into its flesh and hear its screams as its warm blood fills your mouth ... not for nourishment, but for pleasure."
Oh, no ... it wasn't that you don't have very many means at your disposal to beat him if it came to it, not at all. He still has a mind that can be tricked or bludgeoned from within, and he is still alive and just as vulnerable to negative energy and other icky necro-badness as a rabbit or a pheasant or a human.

The comment made earlier was merely to define that your options, should it ever come to pass, would require less charming thrill and more brute force kill (magic or physical). I would never mathematize this, because again, it would never be a sharing of the sheets, but here we are.

That said, good Fort save with something along the lines of a 22-24 Wisdom (can't quite remember). Let's play conservative and say 22 Wisdom, which is a +10 total Will save modifier. So, a DC of 13, and let's give you the benefit of the doubt with Cloaked Casting for a DC of 14 (and even that Bluff check has a lot of requirements at your level and is slightly better than even chance to pull off with him), and I would get a 20 on a Will save on average. This means a ~15% chance of success. Not very good odds.

My PC has a better chance of shredding you in one round than you do of dropping him with color spray. Your AC of 12 means he misses on something like a 1, maybe a 2-3, and even with your lich body, his claws would do an average of something like 12-13 or so post-DR damage. Two claws, and that's 24-26 damage. And if he bites, a bite counts as all types of weapon damage, including bludgeoning. His poison can't effect you, but that's yet another strike in case the first two miss, he has Multiattack, so your AC is still not doing much for you. Add to this that (iirc) his Dexterity is somewhere abouts 18 or so and he has Improved Intiative.

Let's just say that you have more weapons at your disposal that are instantaneous or deliterious in effect, but like most beginning spellcasters you don't want to have a peeing contest with the brute force .... better to wait for higher levels before you start to try to flex those muscles. Play the beguiler (like you're doing RP even w/o spells) to manipulate, but beware of being demanding just yet.

Duskranger
2012-04-11, 06:41 AM
I do have a history, a story as you would like to name it. But for now that would be much too boring to tell, and I would prefer if we don't go that way yet. The not eating and drinking part is good, it means that you won't die of thirst and starvation, and we can at least get very far. I do need some rest, even though I can't sleep. I do indeed not breath, though I can if I remind my self to fill my lungs, I just did not see the need at this moment. At the same time I can eat, or drink, I just don't get nourishment from it, but it makes me able to move in social areas.

Ivandro smiles, slowly.

I have a proposition for you. Why don't we work together, see if we can find more information over where we are. Find you some prey and maybe start some mayhem, if you would like, we can also try to corrupt some people, steal some souls, you know, the average kind of day. Seeing your muscles, I guess you can handle yourselve in a fight, since I am quite frail I prefer having someone to protect me. You give me what I want, and I try to get what you want. How does that sound?

lostsole31
2012-04-11, 12:02 PM
He nods and says, "For now, maggot-feast ... for now."Dunh-dunh-dunh! :elan:

Duskranger
2012-04-12, 02:45 AM
Thoughts:
If he goes on like this I will see if I can give him the most painfull and dangerous road ever. He can hunt, but I will send him into the most heavily guarded region and see others rip him apart.

Ivandro turns around and starts moving towards the top of the dune, to see if he can see something that indicates live. If not he starts moving forward.

Spot: [roll0]

Survival to find the north: [roll1]. He moves if he does not see signs of life towards what he percieves as north.

I will move from here, staying here does not let us continue. You can come or stay. And call me Ivandro, maggots are not something that inhabit me.

Gaiyamato
2012-04-12, 04:20 AM
OOC:

In every direction you see ocean on the distant horizon. You are on an island with no sign of trees or settlements.

To the west you see a large dark object gently bobbing in the sky. It appears to be tethered to the ground via many ropes. On the ground you spot a small group of humanoids standing on a beach. You cannot make out what species or precise numbers from this distance however.

To the east you see about a dozen large figures slowly moving along a line of dunes and another flying object quite a long away out over the water that appears to be headed to the island.

Both of these groups east and west are a good 30 minute hike away.

You also notice beneath your feet are the crumbling remains of worked masonry that you guess is thousands of years old from the wear. They seem to be mainly what is stopping you from sinking into the sand dune.

Also it is very very hot. Both of you need to make a Fortitude test. DC 10 for now. Failure means you are Fatigued (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#fatigued).

Duskranger
2012-04-12, 04:32 AM
Ivandro smiles and looks backwards once.

I will go towards the small group of humanoids, please wait a bit before you kill them. I would prefer to be able to talk to them for a bit. This means that you should probably hide and wait for me to give you a sign. If you give me your name, I can send you a silent message.

Than he moves, not waiting for an answer.

When Ivandro is within a distance where they have not seen him yet, he will cast disguise self on himself, so he seems to be a fully clothed creature, slightly bloodied and attacked.

lostsole31
2012-04-12, 03:39 PM
Not near my sheet right now, so please add my Fort save bonus to [roll0]
"Shuzmab," he says, thinking about it as if realizing it for the first time. He says again, more to himself than to Ivandros, "Shuzmab Githdurg."

Gaiyamato
2012-04-12, 07:00 PM
Saved no worries

It take you nearly half an hour to reach the western beach. Finally the figures become clearer. It appears that they are busily cleaning up a camp, burying the fire and ferrying boxes up to the object in the sky.
As you approach you realise that they are humans. Dressed in a variety of strange clothes and carrying extremely long tubes on their back with glass objects protruding from them, and many brass cogs and gadgets all along the side of the tube. In their belts are ornate scimitars, some of them with glass handles.

What really takes your eye as you crest a sand dune is that the large object in the sky is a SHIP! Just floating there. A massive ship that you guess would take a crew of at least 100 men to fly it... were it anything like a normal ship for sailing on water.. which maybe it isnt....
But wow it is BIG! And sleek! And clearly a warship as it is covered in small ballista (or very large crossbows, you cannot tell from here) suspended along with human-sized seats underneath the hull of the ship.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Two of the humans spot you as you crest some of the dunes and point at you. Though you are still too far away to make out what they are saying.

Duskranger
2012-04-13, 12:33 AM
Help me, help me. Ivandro shouts in common, seemingly rushing towards them. He looks like he is fleeing from someone/something.

Something is chasing me, it mauled me and my family, I don't know where I am, or how I got here. Please help me.

He does think about the need to breath, and he raises his breathing as he knew a living creature would do.

Gaiyamato
2012-04-13, 12:48 AM
Three of the Humans turn and draw their scimitars while three of them un-sling the tubes from their back and aim them Ivandro. The last human produces a net. Only once you are on the beach do you notice the large nets below the ship full of captive humans bound in manacles.

"Another one for the markets of Kado'r Capn" grins a very large brutish looking human standing at the front with his scimitar out. Several of his teeth were missing and he wore a patch over his left eye.

OOC: Ivandro can either surrender or roll initiative. You must last at least two rounds before Shuzmab can join the combat. You are still 40' away.

Duskranger
2012-04-13, 01:00 AM
Ivandro stops running at that moment.

Well, if that's the case. He starts casting, turns around and points his finger only to Shuzmab, to be able to send him this message.

Shuzmab, I will surrender, when they are turned, slaughter them. Every one on the beach, except for one I will point out is allowed to be torn apart. Have fun.

Than he runs around, seemingly he has checked his chances. Than he falls on his knees.

I surrender, I can't fight you all, certainly not while I am wounded.

Than Ivandro waits on what the slavers would do. Thinking that they could've been partners if they would not have been so eager to slaugther him.

lostsole31
2012-04-13, 01:29 AM
"Ha!" says Shuzmab calling out and showing himself some. "He's not wounded. And I surrender. I offer no resistance. Only get me off this damn, blasted wasteland. I'll die out here, where I might have a much more interesting life with you boys. Of course, you'll find that if I am less to be sold, I am in earnest worth gold. Slavers? Yeah, I can run down escapees and corner 'em. Teach runners a lesson."

No initiative roll. Either I'm a dream slave, or ..... I'm a dream co-worker. Yeah, Lawful alignment ... I much prefer to find a way to put my talents to use in a group, rather than to be a murderous psychotic rampaging across the countryside.

Duskranger
2012-04-13, 02:12 AM
I am starting to hate you you know. But allow me to say I told you so, if this backfires. And by the way, this was apparantly the end of the cooperation.

Ivandro stands and dismisses his disguise. Now in there stands a naked monstrosity, greyish, full of scars, but still seemingly alive.

Since my partner here gave me away, I wished to get on an easy trip. So shall I put on the manacles myself. I don't think I am worth much though, unless you put my worth in worth for you. Anyway. Same deal as with him. I still surrender. If you want to sell me, go ahead, if you plan on taking me on this crew, your choice.

lostsole31
2012-04-13, 02:29 AM
"I dunno," says the blue monster. "See, fellows, if this guy is really dead, that doesn't mean he gets tired. Just think what a price a tireless worker would bring, huh?"

Duskranger
2012-04-13, 05:16 AM
Belive my words, one day you will die by my hands. The surrendering I can handle, but shut up over everything else.

Than he starts mumbling and talking in his mouth, which can only be heared by Shuzmab.

Never tell anyone else my secrets, nor tell anyone anything about me ever again. All information about you go ahead, I don't mind. But about me, that is my business. I will let this slide once. And only once. My knowledge and capabilities are my business. Not yours.

Gaiyamato
2012-04-13, 05:35 AM
The largest of the slavers shrugs his shoulders. "We don't really cares see. You jus' need to be werf more than the cost of ya food. An undead don't eat nuffin does e' so no matter what he sells for it's all good."
Then he grins. "But any slave wot can use magic is gonna fetch us a fortune. So rare these days magic users."

Two other slaves brought around shackles that clasped around the hands and another set around the feet.

Duskranger
2012-04-13, 05:47 AM
And what about the other one? Will you shackle him too, or will you keep him unshackled and ready to strike. If I were you I would chain him on the wall with the strongest chains you have. I mean I am weak, but look at his muscles. He has surrendered, but do you think you can trust him?

Ivandro grins slightly, not afraid in the least of these slavers. He knew that if he would've wanted it he could take them. He still had his daily allotment of spells, and he could off course always try to catch them unaware with his other skills. No one needed to know what he could do and apparantly that big stupid hunk of meat that called himself Shuzmak certainly not. These chains were also a bit comforting, it felled like home to him. This was how his creator had used him, it could only become better. With luck he could get rich this way. He just should not give away what kind of mage he was, but that kind of thing was his forte.

Gaiyamato
2012-04-13, 06:21 AM
OOC: Both of you have been shackled should you not resist it.

Duskranger
2012-04-13, 06:28 AM
OOC: Are they anti magic shackles?

lostsole31
2012-04-13, 02:15 PM
Shuzmab allows himself to be shackled, but he is sure to face the man shackling him, grinning wickedly. "Thank you, it's like my own brand new jewelry. Oh, and would you be so kind as bind the fingers of, and gag, my friend? You never know when a magic user needs just a little to do a lot of damage.

"Of course, that will make him feel vulnerable, so if we can only be penned together that I may comfort him in his mute and finger-bound agony.

Duskranger
2012-04-13, 02:24 PM
Magic, you mean the parlor tricks that I do. Well if they want to gag and bind me they may go ahead. Well anyway go ahead guys. I will stop breathing since my secrets are out here anyway.

You see the chest stopping and Ivandro is sitting on the ground and sighing loudly.

Gaiyamato
2012-04-13, 09:56 PM
"The manacles are Dv'vartii Crystal-steel. You wont get out of them even as a mage." replied one of the slavers shackling you.
The slavers looked up as a brilliant flash of blue lit the horizon from the east. It was like a flash of lighting but bluer and without thunder.

"Oh s***... All HANDS PREPARE FOR LIFT OFF!" screamed the captain.
Ropes and planks were dropped and the two of you are hoisted up to the top deck very rapidly.

The top deck was chaos with men running two and fro packing away equipment. The pair of you are lead down to the next deck which contains forty large metallic objects lined in two rows of twenty on the port and starboard side of the ship. The objects has a long large cylinder made of the same metal as your shackles - that rests inside a steel sheath. Lots of complex clockwork rest idle contained in glass attached to the object.
Corresponding to each of the objects there is a hatch in the side of the ship that would allow then to be pushed out through them for some reason.

You are then lead down a small ramp into a room. Two doors exit this room. You are each lead out of a different door and thrown into the huge nets that sit either side of the ship. A dozen other manacled and shackled slaves sit huddled inside the thick mesh of webbing and netting on each side.

lostsole31
2012-04-13, 10:25 PM
"Anyone know what's going on here? Sounds like the cavalry is coming. Where are you from, where are we going? Don't mind how I look, I'm in the same boat .... er, net ... as you boys."

Duskranger
2012-04-13, 11:40 PM
Stupid guy, telling everyone my secrets, he needs to get a grip of reality. Knowledge is power, and he gives it away for free. Worst guy ever.

Ivandro looks at the others in the net and starts smiling.

But don't mind my rage towards that fellow. Could you please tell me who these slavers are, if you know at least. It could give me at least something to pass the time.

lostsole31
2012-04-14, 01:45 AM
Shuzmab can almost here Ivandro cursing and muttering to himself .... but he's not there. He looks at the men with him on the port side nets and says, "Well?"

Gaiyamato
2012-04-15, 05:44 AM
One of the prisoners looks up at Shuzmab and frowns.

"Now we go to the markets where if we are lucky we will get some wealthy noble to buy us so we can work in their house.
If we are unlucky we could wind up in the slave pits of flesh-hold, be used for experiments by Dv'vartii knowledge-seekers, or simply get added to the zombie armies of the great empire.

My name is Juuk. Formerly a member of the royal navy of Gabban. I was captured a week ago when our ship - actually most of the navy - was overrun.
What is probably coming is not the cavalry
Where are you from? How the heck did they manage to capture you?"

Duskranger
2012-04-15, 06:51 AM
Can anyone at least tell me something, Yes I know I'm scary and yes I died a long time ago. But don't be scared. I think that if we think rationally we can come up with a plan or something to make the rest of our lives a god one.

Gaiyamato
2012-04-15, 07:50 AM
A woman cowering along with the rest of the group speaks slowly to Ivandro.

"D-d-did w-w-we hear right? Y-you are a M-mage?" she says visible terrified.
"pleasedontkillusallpleasespareuswewillserveyouifyo uspareus!" she suddenly blurts out.

Duskranger
2012-04-15, 07:58 AM
They seem to think so, but the guy that told them is a strange one, a traitor s to speak. Serving me is not necessary, though if you want to I won't stop you. I do think we have enough time to serve once we are sold though. But what's so special about magic that you are afraid of it? I promise I will not kill you. Nor will I do anything to you, for now. But I would like more information, especially how I can get out of this mess. Ivandro watched all the persons inside of the net to see what kind of state they were in.

Gaiyamato
2012-04-15, 08:15 AM
No sense motive roll is needed to see that they are terrified of magic.
A young man, no older than maybe 15 bravely speaks up.

"There has not been a free mage heard of on this world for over a thousand years. Only the five mages of the great empire still exist and no one has seen them in the flesh and lived to tell the tale for the last three hundred years.
The last mages were hunted to extinction after the great war that reduced this world to the rubble it mostly is these days. The great continents were shattered and the cities of the ancients were sunk beneath the waves.

Being a mage you know all of this though. Everyone knows those stories!
Surely you at least know the prophecy? Perhaps you are not a mage and merely some demon in disguise?"

lostsole31
2012-04-15, 01:23 PM
Shuzmab looks, "Hello, Juuk. I am Shuzmab Githdurg. What is a dv'vartii? What is flesh-hold? And, I was less captured so much as I came forward with the express intent of being captured."Gai, you never said Blue was reserved for NPCs ... are you wordlessly telling me and asking me to change my color? :smallconfused:

Duskranger
2012-04-15, 01:44 PM
Ivandro thinks a bit before answering.

I will be honest. I don't know where I am, or when I am. I come from a different world I think. You maybe think that I lie, but I can tell you all stories which you would never believe. I don't know how, but when I came to my senses I was naked in a desert, while I know for certain that when I apparantly lost my senses, I was dressed, armored and fighting with my teacher. The one that killed me and made me what I am now. He is a mighty man, a magician of renown in my world. Someone that let's the dead rise by only raising his voice, for even they fear him. So I am afraid that all magical energies that people feel on me, are from him. Still they caught me here, and thanks to the guy that was with me when I came to my senses, I am here, in this net, with you all. So I'm sorry I don't know anything about your world, nor do I know any demons besides Shuzmab, who will probably be send here by my teacher, just to destroy me. But I can survive, and I will prove it. The only question is will you support me? I am no mage, nor a great fighter, I am only a humble and hard working person, killed and raised, send here by foul magic. Yes I can do some parlor tricks, but sadly nothing like freeing you, which I would do if I could. Will you teach me about this world, so I can understand what I can and especially what I can't do. As repayment I will tell you stories, of adventures in my world, of creatures in my world, of anything you want to hear.

Ivandro looks around while he tells his story, after this he is silent, waiting for a reply if any.

Gaiyamato
2012-04-16, 07:52 AM
As each of you finish speaking a loud whistle rings out across the ship and you feel the vessel lurch forward. At the same time everything goes bright blue and the ship is rocked from side to side by a massive explosion.

The sounds of booted feet slamming across the decks follow as you regain your vision, along with the sounds of commands being barked and the heavy thud of the doors on the starboard side of the ship being opened.

lostsole31
2012-04-16, 01:34 PM
"I'm going to guess," says Shuzmab blithely, "that this would be the deevartee?"

Shuzmab will just calmly wait for his 'deliverers.' This was more interesting than where I was, and it seems I will go to even more interesting places now.

Duskranger
2012-04-16, 01:39 PM
Let us see how hospitable these attackers are. It can go both ways now. And please, don't panic, I would hate to kill any of you. Let me be the one that speaks for us all. And please stay quiet. Ivandro says slightly threatening, not thinking about the making friends part of before.

Gaiyamato
2012-04-22, 08:52 AM
A volley of loud explosions comes from the starboard side of the ship. These leave your ears ringing momentarily. However it is clear that a pitched battle is taking place in which neither side intends to leave the other alive.

Another bright flash of blue and an explosion sends the ship momentarily rocking side to side again. Ivandro is blinded for a split second by the light and when he looks up he realises that there is a massive hole in his netting, as if it had been melted.
Only one of the slaves remains, clinging into the remains of netting with his teeth. Ivandro only survived because of his proximity to the doorway still gives him enough solid ground.
The sounds of the starboard side weapons being reloaded and the sight of a massive white and blue ship filling his vision brings home the intensity of the battle.

The enemy ship is easily twice the size of this ship, it's design is sleek and extremely well crafted. Crystalline structures adorn it's hull, they're meaning obscure though still beautiful.
Instead of the single deck of twenty weapons which the ship you are on has, it has two decks of thirty weapons each. Bright blue glowing balls of energy are fired from each weapon which slam into the ship you are on sending massive chunks of timbers flying out into the air as splinters.

Looking down Ivandro also realises that the ship you are on is at least a good five hundred feet into the air and very slowly climbing.

I just use blue for talking. As there are only the two of you i don't mind what colours you use. :smallsmile:

lostsole31
2012-04-22, 06:29 PM
Shuzmab shimmies over to the bulkhead, ready to dig in with his claws if he really has to.

Duskranger
2012-04-23, 04:42 PM
Well apparantly everything is against me today. First I find a demonic thing. Than he betrays me. Than I am capptured. And now I'm shot at. It does not take that much to anger me, but I will find a way to get even with whomever deity brought me here. And since we are apparantly climbing I can't do anything. Except maybe check the scenery and die a fiery real death. Ivandro thinks while looking down.
And you there don't hang around. Fall or get over here. At this moment I do not care anymore what you choose. He shouts to the only left over prisoner.

Sorry currently afb so I can't really make more of it than a purely RP post.

Duskranger
2012-04-23, 04:44 PM
Well apparantly everything is against me today. First I find a demonic thing. Than he betrays me. Than I am capptured. And now I'm shot at. It does not take that much to anger me, but I will find a way to get even with whomever deity brought me here. And since we are apparantly climbing I can't do anything. Except maybe check the scenery and die a fiery real death. Ivandro thinks while looking down.
And you there don't hang around. Fall or get over here. At this moment I do not care anymore what you choose. He shouts to the only left over prisoner.

Sorry currently afb so I can't really make more of it than a purely RP post.