PDA

View Full Version : The Blue Hour (IC)

Sir_Chivalry
2012-04-11, 12:17 AM
"I swear, by my honour and allegiance to the brotherhood of extrahumans, that I will be true to myself, to my fellows, to my charges and to the law. I will not use my powers for selfish reasons, or to commit grave offense against society."

Each of you take your oath in turn, being handed your certificate to state you have passed the rigourous courses on ethics, capability, city-planning and civics.

At the graduation ceremony, your fellow graduates are all pushed along to their own things, be it solo work or going back to their home cities, etc.

You on the other hand, you five, you have been selected as having extraordinary capability. You five will form Nova City's newest team, to be named at a later date. For now, there is punch and sandwiches to be had!

Intorduce your character at the grad ceremony (it was a three month course with an exam) and we'll get you to your headquarters and such soon.

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-11, 06:45 AM
A young girl, no older than 12 by the look of her, walked through the streets in ratty clothes and with no shoes, a simple scarf covered the lower half of her face. However, her clothes weren't what was making people stare, it was because she was completely white skinned with red eyes, an albino, or that was what people would believe. In truth, Soulspark was a spirit, a spirit composed of several spirits that took the form they had over time.

Now though, she turned down an alley and drifts lazily to the roof. If she could have sighed she would have, people were so afraid when something strange happened, and an albino girl floating to the roof of a building then fading through it was considered strange. Oh well.

Once she was on the roof she slid through the cieling as easily as breathign and came to a rest floating in the rafters above a ceremony of sorts, which intrigued her as she had never seen or heard of anything like this before, even from searching Hannah's memories she couldn't find anything. Maybe she'd get a chance to ask someone about it once it calmed dow- she stopped that thought and looked straight at another woman in the room, she sparked a memory, much like that man had with Hannah before. She was of average height and had a slimmer build, but her eyes truly triggered the memory, that almost teal blue was hard to find in human eyes... Soulspark couldn't put her finger on it just yet, but she remembered her somehow, which was good enough for her.

She drifted down behind the woman, focused a moment, tapped her arm, "excuse me, do I know you from somewhere?" It was only a bare memory, little to it other than knowing she had seen her before, that's all, but, it was a connection she didn't have with anyone yet, it was a new feeling, and one she could come to like.

Croakamancer came up with the idea that one of Soulspark's composite spirits actually knew something about her, and I thought it'd be fun, so I went with it. And it gave an excuse for her to introduce herself to the rest of the group now. Also got the idea that Runner would have seen Soulspark initially learning about her possession power.

Croakamancer
2012-04-11, 08:58 AM
The words are strange. Swearing an oath to serve the city, like this... a part of her was amused, and a quieter part was honoured to have made it this far. The woman nods politely after she repeats her oath, and the wider group starts to disband, leaving only the smaller band remaining. It still feels odd to wear the academy's uniform rather than her own clothes, but with less people here, she's starting to relax a little.

She's swiped a glass of coffee from the refreshments table, her hands moving faster than perhaps they should, before turning around to see the new arrival. A girl? She hadn't seen anyone this young during the project, but the face is somehow familiar... Had she missed someone? Or was this a professor's kid? The clothes look off for that, but in this buisness, you learn to anticipate anything. Her question doesn't help put the woman at ease, instead leaning against the wall, slurping her coffee a little, her response deadpan. "Not officially. Secret identities and everything. Yet I guess that's the downside of taking a job like this when you work with the public."

She sighs, chuckling a little to herself, before shaking her head towards the little girl, warming a little, and cracking a slight smile. This wasn't her fault, whatever it was. She can be reasonable. "Sorry. Yes, you might have seen me about the place, but I'd appreciate it if you try and forget as much. I put my code name down as Runner. You can call me that."

I'm fine with that, but heads up, The Runner's not someone you'd easily describe as a girl. She's somewhere between late twenties, early thirties, and whilst it could be worse, it does show.

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-11, 09:16 AM
Soulspark tilts her head, confused, "Secret Identities?" then a spark in her red eyes, "Oh, now i remember, Japan, I think it was in Osaka, a ramen stand, you ran by really fast and the car chasing you crashed into my seat!" she exclaims, then pauses, "-no... wait... how do i know that if it wasn't me?" she then floats up absentmindedly, phasing through Runner's arm and coffee mug as she does, with a thoughtful look on her face.

Well, see ya after work. :smalltongue:

Sir_Mopalot
2012-04-11, 11:19 AM
Old Guard sips at a cup of punch, helmet under one arm, displaying a domino-masked face framed by hair that is more silver than black at this point. Finishing the punch with a long swallow, he begins circling the room, shaking hands with the younger heroes. He'd done his best to be helpful during the certification class, which had endeared some, and made him seem a know-it-all to others. Being the same age or older than most of the instructors had been strange, but he'd passed, and the move to Nova City, as painful as it had seemed to leave the pacific northwest, had proven to be a good idea.

Croakamancer
2012-04-11, 03:00 PM
The girl's words are more sobering to Runner than the coffee; her mild good mood fading into a curious appraisal. Someone claiming to know her can't mean much of anything good. She can't figure out the girl's final words, and is about to comment, before she comes forward, seemingly distracted. The girl's touch surprises her, making the small coffee cup shake a little, though she doesn't spill a drop. Some might have been scared, but not this one, it seems. The woman keeps her eyes close on the girl, focused; this might be some kind of final test Or a message..

Her voice is clear, calm, though a touch less simple and friendly than her last statement. More polite, formal inquiry "Osaka, eh? You speak English well for a Japanese kid. Who are you? What're you doing here?"

Sennex
2012-04-11, 03:31 PM
I Ching, which was what she went by when she wore the green gi and dark glasses and braided ponytail that made up her costume, shook Old Guard's hand when he offered it. She liked him, and focused hard on keeping her hand flesh and blood.

"Thank you again for all the advice. I think you knew more than some of the intructors- I can see why you picked the name."

She suddenly cringed as a thought came to her, and her skin rippled a little bit. "Wait, is it okay to talk about the codenames? Are we not supposed to draw attention to them? What's the etiquette in the US?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-11, 04:48 PM
"I'm not Japanese," She says, "it wasn't me that car hit, it was... I don't know..." she now looked thoroughly confised, she'd never thought so much about herself, who, and what she was until now. "I don't really have a name either, though i did call myself Nena when i helped that girl the other day, so you can call me that. And why i'm here... I was bored, I was looking for something to do. I just recognized ya so i came down to say hi," she leans back and floats on her back, as if on a cushion or something, while thinking out loud, "Let's see... I think I'm what Hannah called a ghost, though I don't think ghosts are supposed to be able to touch people, right?"

Croakamancer
2012-04-11, 05:29 PM
Runner watches her ethereal companion closely, glancing once across the room to see if anyone else was paying attention to them. Not much, by all appearances. They seem busy with their own affairs, and not everyone here was a graduate. They probably assume she's your daughter Slowly, the woman nods to the little girl shaped thing. It's best to be polite "No, they're not. And ghosts are supposed to remember their past life. If they can't remember, why stay around?"

Cold façade cracking for a moment, to give way to a combination of fear and intrigue, Runner chuckles a little whilst sitting down, gesturing with her cup to Soulspark. "Between ourselves, I really wish these guys served something stronger than coffee."

She takes a sip of the moderately hot liquid, its heat refreshing her somehow, before her attention returns to the strange arrival. It's hard to judge someone who entres making a claim like that, but the kid seems to have the powers to back up at least something of her story. If it's a test, it's a good one. The woman's smile remains, there's no harm in being polite after all. "I'm not sure if you're supposed to just float through the ceiling into this event, but I've no problems with it, if what you say is true. I've heard stranger tales. And if you were a spy, you've no reason to say hello. A pleasure to meet you, Nena" She holds out a black gloved hand, a gesture of politeness.

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-11, 09:25 PM
Soulspark smiles under her scarf and takes Runner's hand in her own, which is surprisingly solid consider how she phased through Runner's arm just a moment earlier, and it's also a rather surprising grip with her apparent age, though not particulrly strong, "Nice to meet you too. Now you've got me curious about what I am, if not a ghost, I've got a lot of memories that don't make much sense, they're just sorta... scrambled."

Sir_Mopalot
2012-04-11, 11:26 PM
Old Guard chuckles a little bit. "I don't mind at all. It's just so easy nowadays for heroes to have nothing but heroics in common, if you're an alien and I'm an atlantean, what do we make small talk about? He chuckles again for a moment. "I don't know that there'd be much for heroes just meeting each other to talk about if it weren't for the code name. Yeah, I felt that it would be a bit disingenuous of me not to reference my age. Been a long time since I strapped on a costume. I'm sorry though, I'm talking all about me. How do things work in... China, was it?"

Croakamancer
2012-04-12, 08:40 AM
The whole idea of a solid ghost is confusing, but Runner knows better than to let on. Focus on the immediate. And whatever she is, the girl does seem legitimately confused. A little kindness here can't be a bad thing. "Well, if I can help, I will. That's what I just said up there, after all." She chuckles, this whole affair was coming surprisingly easily. Most likely idea is that the kid's some kind of metahuman, mutant, recently empowered and confused. She can sympathise with that. "Now, what's the first thing you can remember?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-12, 08:58 AM
That causes Soulspark to pause, "first thing I remember... for mself and not the other memories, I woke up three days ago, I was in an alley, downtown, across the street from a Bar, i think it was called the Lazy Dog Pub. From there i just sorta, floated around until i came across a guy trying to attack this girl. Don't know what happened but next thing i knew i'd punched him in the face and got him mad, tried to pick the girl up and ended up in contrl of her body instead. Got all of her memories, which i used to get her home, at which point i phased out of her and got her to her parents. She was the Hannah girl i mentioned earlier. Now that i think about it she was moving pretty fast when i was in control... is that normal?"

Croakamancer
2012-04-12, 09:07 AM
"No. None of that is normal."

Runner seems to be taking the unusual situation more or less well, on the whole, glancing around her, smiling at her own thought, before returning her attention to Soulspark, seeking to explain. "However, neither is anyone else here. Or most of the people in this city, for that matter. You're in good company."

The kid is confused, Runner knows that, but it's an interesting mystery. She ponders a little, the fumes of coffee wafting towards her nose... "So you have memories, but no consciousness before that point, three days ago? If you get memories by 'possessing' people, perhaps that had something to do with it? You picked up too many, and couldn't take it anymore?"

It was just a theory, but as good a starting point as any. She looks appraisingly towards Soulspark. "Was it stressful, what you did with the girl? The memories?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-12, 09:27 AM
"No, her memories were just there after I... possessed?... her. Actually, now that i think about it, before i possessed her she saw me, and i didn't look the way i do now, I looked like a human-shaped light, with black and gold swirls... wait! There were wings! Black feathered wings! And a violet halo!.. do you have any paper and a pencil? I think I can draw it."

Croakamancer
2012-04-12, 09:34 AM
So, spirit, shapechanger, or appearance based on perception...

Runner glances about the room. There isn't much in the way of paper, but.. there! Brochure for the NCPD. And a a souvenir pen from the academy, resting on a table nearby. It's just the work of a moment for the woman to place her cup down, rising to her feet and darting across the room, picking up each in turn before returning to Soulspark, her speed obviously 'impressive', as she smiles at the girl, handing her the pen.

Not sure how much this'd be pure speed, so I'll put this down as quickness. Ten times the normal speed to complete a routine task

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-12, 09:50 AM
"Thanks," she instantly starts drawing, and drawing rather well. As it develops it gets stranger and stranger, looking like a combination of angel, demon, and human with the lower half of the body having the typical ghost wisp instead of legs, she even puts arrows with colorings, a number of swirls, both empty (representing gold) and colored in (representing violet) in equal proportions. The wings brindled, black tipped, and the rest are labeled dark red or white. The form even has fangs, seen as a black silhouette on the face. However, that's not all, the entire form looks like it was stitched together from patches of cloth in various shades of grey, all uneven and ragged.

"This is what I looked like before possessing Hannah," Soulspark says, brow furrowed, it's surprising how much detail she put into it, either she's an artistic genius or she has an eidetic memory... an eidetic memory seems more likely. "Do you know of anything that looks like this?"

Croakamancer
2012-04-12, 10:04 AM
Runner looked over the picture, thinking back. There were pieces that look vaguely familiar, but the whole looks strange to her. Regretfully, settling back in her chair, she shakes her head. "Not off the top of my head. I've been around the block a bit, but magic isn't really my area"

She hums to herself, thinking, before withdrawing a slim cell-phone from her pocket. "I know some people who know this sort of thing though, and there're probably some on site experts, at least for a little longer. Are you ok with me asking questions for you?".

Runner can make a gather information check with a phone very quickly. If you can interoperate quickness as working for Gather information (which isn't just interacting with one person) she can take 20 and do it in 2 minutes.

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-12, 10:08 AM
"Go ahead, I don't mind."

Well, time to give other people a chance to post, most of the thread so far has been a conversation between Runner and Soulpark

Sennex
2012-04-12, 11:34 PM
"I guess that's right. Here's to hoping this team has more to bond over than code names and costumes."

She toasted sardonically with a plastic cup of fruit punch.

"China is only recently starting to really embrace superheroes in the way we do in the West, and that's mostly in the big cities. Their most high-profile hero was, uh, 'First Voice of the Revolution,' a flier who could control sound. He'd go down to the countryside to project speeches and raise morale, but the government did 'power demonstrations' with him in border regions all the time. His official origin story changed a few times while he was active, and supposedly the name was used by more than one person- the details are hard to find since he was purged. They say he was a personal friend of Mao, but his powers made him unstable."

Glancing down at her hand, she continued.

"I don't know if that's true or not. It takes effort to keep my mutation under control, but I don't know how his powers manifested. A lot of people think all the propaganda got to him, or maybe he was just a fanatic and the Cultural Revolution was what he'd been waiting for. He aligned himself with the Red Guards and made a lot of trouble- documents were just declassified this year saying that he had a big fight with General Winter on the Russian border in 1970, and the US had to ask the Warsaw Pact not to send their full superteam in. Apparently the Chinese government realized having someone that powerful acting outside their control was too dangerous, because he disappeared in '71."

Pause. Then she laughed.

"I'm sorry! That's not even what you asked, is it? I'm a big fan of Gémìng Shēngyīn Yī, my uncle's collective had a picture taken with him. Anyway, after him, heroes were illegal until the late 90s, and they're just recently starting to be more accepted. You still have to register and answer to the Public Security Bureau wherever you operate- I was only able to get a license because I was born there, and they weren't happy with how long i'd lived in America. Of course, some heroes go unregistered, but it's very dangerous. I moved back here partly because the government was getting much more serious about requiring registered supers to report rogues."

Once she'd had some more punch (and briefly wondered if it was spiked), she boldly pointed at Old Guard's chest.

"Alright, your turn to be long-winded. I know you have a lot of stories from the heroes you used to work with, some of them have to be more exciting than me talking your ear off about registration policy."

Sir_Mopalot
2012-04-15, 04:14 PM
Old Guard nibbled thoughtfully at a crumbly cookie from the table.
Well, I was along with Void Heart in the old USSR a long time ago. The Cold war was in full swing, but there was a low profile exchange program that I was part of. So we're trying to track down a nuclear warhead, right? Even then, Russia's nuclear security was kinda a joke to the kind of people we run into. We'd tracked the nuke to an abandoned shipyard, and the geiger counter I'd brought is just going all over the place, completely useless. So we split up. Void taking the ground level, and me working rooftops. I might not look it, but I was a pretty damn talented gymnast at one point in my life. Too bad that was when I was fifteen, but I'm off topic. I start hearing shouting and explosions, right? I run over, and I can see Void Heart fighting a bunch of mutant cyborg bears. I'm trying to figure out how to get down there to help him out, when the roof I'm on breaks. I nearly take a dive before I realize that it's a blimp! Turns out the guy, I think his name was Rasputin 2 or something dumb like that, had bought old Dr. Barrage's WWI battle blimp, and he was planning to start a nuclear war with it! Now, while Dr. Barrage was pretty bright for a German proto-nazi, his blimp was almost seventy-five years old by this point, and given that Minuteman and the other patriot heroes managed to take it down, it was past its prime. If it wasn't for the nuke, I would have just let the blimp go, a MiG-25 is just too fast for the kind of firepower that Dr. Barrage had. I mean, even super-science was still trying to figure out rockets that exploded after you fire them reliably."
Old guard shouts a friendly greeting to a hero who's leaving the party, finishes his cookie, and returns to the story.
"So I actually manage to pull off the whole slide down the side of the blimp using a knife thing, destroy the engines, and when the blimp crashes, I manage to jump free. All good, right? Well it turns out Rasputin 2 could shapeshift into a thirty foot demon-thing. To this day I don't understand why he felt like buying a seventy-five year old blimp when he could do that, but I guess he wouldn't be a super-villain if he weren't a little crazy. So Void Heart and I swap places, and we managed to take the Cy-Bears and Rasputin 2 down. That one's actually a pretty happy ending, Rasputin 2 found God in prison, he makes animal prostheses for a living now. Not what'd you'd expect from a Soviet Super-Max prison, but I can't complain about the result."
He pops open a small control panel in the arm of his suit. Seeing a somewhat questioning look, he explains "A friend of mine rigged up a system for the suit that regulates my blood chemistry. Upside is that I could have a tarantula the size of a dog hanging off my neck and not get poisoned, downside is that it's impossible to get drunk. I'll turn it back on again when it's time to fly home. You wouldn't believe the trouble that some heroes have as far as flying under the influence. I gotta tell ya, this is the right time to be getting into the game. Sure, things were bright and way larger than life in my day, but the side effect is that sometimes you have to fight people like Whitewash, who sounds like he would make a pretty scary white supremacist, but in reality was just obsessed with painting everything white. Heroes nowadays don't have to worry about getting laughed at just for who they bring in. On the other hand, seems like its a more dangerous job, but I'll take danger over ridicule any day, if you take my meaning!"

zerowingR
2012-04-15, 04:17 PM
Krat’Drek stayed in his seat looking at the food table with a small bit of longing. Not that anyone could see it considering he was in black spiked plate mail with a equally sinister looking helmet that obscured his face.

Merde I’m hungrey.

The only thing keeping him from taking off his helmet was the fact his familiar absolutely insisted on him not revealing his identity anywhere that wasn’t secure. What was worse he couldn’t really talk to anyone due to the whole obscuring effect on his helmet which made his voice reverb like a bad fantasy flick.

I’m soo bored.

In the end he decided to try balancing his mace on the palm of his hand while he waited for the party to wind down.

Sir_Chivalry
2012-04-18, 12:49 PM
The party starts to wind down a bit, and one of the officials calls everyone to order.

"Congratulations everyone, I just wanted to introduce a surprise special guest. Give him a warm welcome! Mr. Trinidad Guerra!"

A dominican man in a black three piece suit floats down from the rafters, a teal aura floating around him. He approaches the microphone.

"Hello ladies and gentlemen. I just happened to be passing through and thought I'd look in."

His voice is melodic and measured.

"If anyone has any questions about being a hero, I'm your man."

After fielding some questions from the throng of people, he makes his way to your group.

"I had heard you were the team for this city. Keeping it local I see. Good. Maybe one day you'll make Aegis, and come work for me."

He notices Runner and tilts his head to look at her.

"Especially you, you remind me of a girl I once knew. You ever been to New Mexico?"

Croakamancer
2012-04-18, 01:09 PM
Runner's face is a study in deadpan at the announcement of the new arrival. She closes the phone in the middle of a conversation, though only Soulspark is likely to notice the change in her, as she turns to look towards the podium, and the 'surprise guest'

Yes, surprise. Like a team of Sepulchre trained gunmen waiting in the overlook, armed with XI-37s, all trained on your position. Surprise!

Then, of course, the irritating man wanders in the direction of the group, that has now drawn closer together. Still, Runner manages a smile and a positive voice for Trinidad. "Once or twice, I think. Don't have much in the way of skills, so went where the work was." She chuckles, darkly and not exactly friendly. The man struck a nerve, in more than a few ways. "Not all of us have money, I'm afraid, sir. I've had to sing for my supper, or drive a cab, to be more accurate. That's what drew me here, originally"

She can't continue this. Even pretending to be polite to this smug clown is harsh, at least when talking about herself, and getting too abrasive will give her away. She lightened a little, before continuing. "How are things for you though, sir? Forgive me, I've been a bit focused on the course, haven't been keeping up with Aegis and the media. Any big showdowns lately?"

[roll0] I know the basics, but Runner probably has a bit more knowledge than I do. Has she ever run into him directly BTW, as far as she can remember? (I'm fine leaving this to you)

Sir_Chivalry
2012-04-18, 01:19 PM
Runner's face is a study in deadpan at the announcement of the new arrival. She closes the phone in the middle of a conversation, though only Soulspark is likely to notice the change in her, as she turns to look towards the podium, and the 'surprise guest'

Yes, surprise. Like a team of Sepulchre trained gunmen waiting in the overlook, armed with XI-37s, all trained on your position. Surprise!

Then, of course, the irritating man wanders in the direction of the group, that has now drawn closer together. Still, Runner manages a smile and a positive voice for Trinidad. "Once or twice, I think. Don't have much in the way of skills, so went where the work was." She chuckles, darkly and not exactly friendly. The man struck a nerve, in more than a few ways. "Not all of us have money, I'm afraid, sir. I've had to sing for my supper, or drive a cab, to be more accurate. That's what drew me here, originally"

She can't continue this. Even pretending to be polite to this smug clown is harsh, at least when talking about herself, and getting too abrasive will give her away. She lightened a little, before continuing. "How are things for you though, sir? Forgive me, I've been a bit focused on the course, haven't been keeping up with Aegis and the media. Any big showdowns lately?"

[roll0] I know the basics, but Runner probably has a bit more knowledge than I do. Has she ever run into him directly BTW, as far as she can remember? (I'm fine leaving this to you)

"Oh you know, the Nueta are still causing trouble when they break out of the prisons."

The Nueta were a large force of butterfly-people aliens who invaded a few years before. Their mothership mysteriously exploded, and the remaining soldiers were placed in isolation from civilization, until they would divulge certain secrets about their attack.

"And we're always following up on sightings of the 'loose-end' villains like Pendragon and Mamluk. But right now, we're chasing down Alistair, the warlock from the 30s. You know him right? Well he just blew up an oil tanker and has fled to the eastern seaboard, so we're checking the various seaside cities. Probably something . . ."

A loud explosion followed by an earthquake interrupts him.

"Cthonic. Or perhaps the Old Ones . . . great. Who's up for some escorting bystanders to safety while the adults deal with our dear demented warlock?"

The lights go out, and the only illumination for a few seconds before the generators come on is Guerra's bioluminescent skin.

Many times. He's the Prince of Eyes' arch-nemesis, with a photographic memory and a series of constantly recording CCTV camera on his battle armour. Either he's never seen you, has and is toying with you, or he simply has resigned himself to the fact that a lot of people look like other people.

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-18, 02:18 PM
Soulspark is confised by Runner's sudden change in demeanor, sid she not like this man? Soulspark took a look at him just as the earthquake hit, though she's completely unaffected by it, "what's going on?" she asks, it's not like she wasn't paying attention, she's simply never had something like this happen before.

Sir_Mopalot
2012-04-18, 04:59 PM
About how many of the people in the graduation hall/place we are are civilians or low-powered enough that I would assume that they needed evac?

Old Guard snaps into action, a snake like hiss accompanies the environmental seals connecting the helmet to the rest of the armor. The augmented reality heads up display flickers into life. He connects to the emergency dispatch frequencies to monitor mundane rescue efforts, and powers up the suit's flight reactors.

"I Ching! Go to iron form! Let's get everyone out of here in one trip if we can! Everyone, let's move!

Sir_Chivalry
2012-04-19, 09:59 PM
About how many of the people in the graduation hall/place we are are civilians or low-powered enough that I would assume that they needed evac?

Old Guard snaps into action, a snake like hiss accompanies the environmental seals connecting the helmet to the rest of the armor. The augmented reality heads up display flickers into life. He connects to the emergency dispatch frequencies to monitor mundane rescue efforts, and powers up the suit's flight reactors.

"I Ching! Go to iron form! Let's get everyone out of here in one trip if we can! Everyone, let's move!

About one hundred.

Sir_Mopalot
2012-04-20, 01:11 AM
Powering up his laser system, Old Guard blasts out the skylights (attack roll [roll0]) and grabs as many people as he can within arms reach.

Croakamancer
2012-04-20, 04:27 AM
Runner looks as surprised as anyone else by what's happened. She glances towards her backpack, but soon enough turns her attention back to the rest of the group (bar the running Old Guard), nodding as she speaks "I'll play scout, and survey the facility. Nena, if you want to help people some more, this might be your chance. Do what you can."

That said, Runner jumps towards the exit, her speed moving towards the blatantly superhuman. No one's going to catch up with her to argue easily.

Ok, Runner moves at 880ft per move action (if I'm understanding the 2E Speed rules right) bringing her up to 1760ft per round. She's heading towards the sound of the explosion, but trying to keep to cover. If they can take down whatever it is, they won't have to evacuate people (and the most trying evac's going to be at the spot closest to the threat, no?)

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-20, 08:09 AM
Nena nods and looks around before flying up, she needed to possess someone to be useful here, she had virtually no abilities of her own other than that and being a ghost-like entity. She'd need someone or something that could be possessed with the least amount of trouble. She looked for one of the stronger civilians, preferably one that looked like he or she wasn't with anyone else.

Sir_Chivalry
2012-04-21, 01:21 AM
Powering up his laser system, Old Guard blasts out the skylights (attack roll [roll0]) and grabs as many people as he can within arms reach.

He manages to grab two people (anymore and he couldn't get his arms around them.) and blow the skylight.

Runner looks as surprised as anyone else by what's happened. She glances towards her backpack, but soon enough turns her attention back to the rest of the group (bar the running Old Guard), nodding as she speaks "I'll play scout, and survey the facility. Nena, if you want to help people some more, this might be your chance. Do what you can."

That said, Runner jumps towards the exit, her speed moving towards the blatantly superhuman. No one's going to catch up with her to argue easily.

Ok, Runner moves at 880ft per move action (if I'm understanding the 2E Speed rules right) bringing her up to 1760ft per round. She's heading towards the sound of the explosion, but trying to keep to cover. If they can take down whatever it is, they won't have to evacuate people (and the most trying evac's going to be at the spot closest to the threat, no?)

Runner manages to get out into the parking lot and over several cars and out into the street, dashing off to the waterfront.

Nena nods and looks around before flying up, she needed to possess someone to be useful here, she had virtually no abilities of her own other than that and being a ghost-like entity. She'd need someone or something that could be possessed with the least amount of trouble. She looked for one of the stronger civilians, preferably one that looked like he or she wasn't with anyone else.

A big strong guy is hustling out of the assembly hall, changing into his costume as he goes, a lurid blue and purple affair.

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-21, 10:13 AM
Soulspark dives down and possesses the man. He is almost instantly enveloped in white mist, emerging looking like a mix of her own form and the man's. The new form was definitely female, looking like a gymnast more than anything else, luckily the suit shifted with her or it'd be rather awkward for other people. A pair of brindled black and white wings sprout from her back and the form is far leaner than it was on the guy. Openning her new eyes, Soulspark takes flight.

Will save DC is 17.

Could you PM me his PP total and powers so i can make use of my Mutation power

Croakamancer
2012-04-21, 11:03 AM
Runner's speed keeps up in the main, but it slackens a little as she draws closer. The explosion came from somewhere near the waterfront? She can go pretty quickly, but she doesn't want to give her presence away just yet, focused instead upon simply locating the threat. Spotting a nearby fire escape, it's the work of a few seconds to climb it, and then she's running atop the roves of the district, jumping from one to another with practised ease.

[roll0]

Also, for the record, if the graduation 'uniform' doesn't have a mask equivalent, Runner'll be wearing a pair of cheap shades to act as an improv mask.

Sir_Chivalry
2012-04-21, 11:31 AM
Soulspark dives down and possesses the man.

If she succeeds: He is almost instantly enveloped in white mist, emerging looking like a mix of her own form and the man's. The new form was definitely female, looking like a gymnast more than anything else, luckily the suit shifted with her or it'd be rather awkward for other people.

If she doesn't: Instead of possessing him, she just phases through him.

Will save DC is 17.

Could you PM me his PP total and powers so i can make use of my Mutation power

Soulspark manages to seat herself in the man's body, feeling his power flow through her.

Runner's speed keeps up in the main, but it slackens a little as she draws closer. The explosion came from somewhere near the waterfront? She can go pretty quickly, but she doesn't want to give her presence away just yet, focused instead upon simply locating the threat. Spotting a nearby fire escape, it's the work of a few seconds to climb it, and then she's running atop the roves of the district, jumping from one to another with practised ease.

[roll0]

Also, for the record, if the graduation 'uniform' doesn't have a mask equivalent, Runner'll be wearing a pair of cheap shades to act as an improv mask.

It has a mask, that would suck if it didn't

She makes it to the waterfront in a short time and sees a monolithic creature rising from the waves. As it approaches, you can see someone is on the back of it, fighting a man with a two-handed sword.

EdroGrimshell
2012-04-21, 01:59 PM
Soulspark, in her possessed body, fly towards the giant elemental, and the people fighting on its head, she was fast like this, not as fast as runner but still fast. It was invigorating, this body had a lot moe power to it than Hannah had, and it was a huge rush, though the body type was still kinda awkward for her. She scouted out her opponent, the thing was huge, but the two on top of it looked like they'd be the more likely to give trouble, all they had to do with the big one was keep it from getting into town... why did that come to mind? Oh, wait, that was this guy's memories working. Not exactly the smartest guy, but he had a good set of morals, and they rubbed off onto Soulspark rather quickly, just as they did with Hannah.

Well, time to get this party started! She dived down, pulling up alongside Runner, "guess who," she said with a grin, her voice was a little deeper, making her sound older, but it hadn't changed much otherwise.

zerowingR
2012-04-22, 06:45 PM
“Oh dear.”
Quickly grabbing the mace with his hand the Mage Infernal stands up his plate mail clanking from the sudden movement. He hadn’t actually expected for there to be anything “Super-heroey” today but then again he didn’t need much to do his job.

Clenching his left hand into a fist he mutters with the voice of ten thousand damned screaming in pain.

“Pits of the Abyss deflect the blows and sunder the arms of those to obstruct my path.”

With that his armor darkens just as a tad as it begins to leak purple motes in the air. He then proceeds to walk towards the glowing super hero.

“Um Mr.Guerra what I do? I’m kinda used to going solo ...”’

It was odd. A 6’4 monstrosity of metal with the voice of a cheesy fantasy horror villain was also in the same breath nervously scratching the back his helm with a nasty spiked mace.

Demonolgy [roll0]
Arcane Lore[roll1]

zerowingR
2012-04-22, 06:47 PM
Demonolgy [roll0]
Arcane Lore[roll1]

Sir_Chivalry
2012-04-27, 11:16 PM
“Oh dear.”
Quickly grabbing the mace with his hand the Mage Infernal stands up his plate mail clanking from the sudden movement. He hadn’t actually expected for there to be anything “Super-heroey” today but then again he didn’t need much to do his job.

Clenching his left hand into a fist he mutters with the voice of ten thousand damned screaming in pain.

“Pits of the Abyss deflect the blows and sunder the arms of those to obstruct my path.”

With that his armor darkens just as a tad as it begins to leak purple motes in the air. He then proceeds to walk towards the glowing super hero.

“Um Mr.Guerra what I do? I’m kinda used to going solo ...”’

It was odd. A 6’4 monstrosity of metal with the voice of a cheesy fantasy horror villain was also in the same breath nervously scratching the back his helm with a nasty spiked mace.

Demonolgy [roll0]
Arcane Lore[roll1]

"Just make sure no one dies, that's the main thing. You don't want that on your public record."

Sir_Chivalry
2012-05-06, 01:07 AM
The monolithic creature starts rising onto land, attacking the warehouses on the pier.