PDA

View Full Version : Dal Quor details?

Daftendirekt
2012-04-11, 01:31 AM
So, I'm putting together a Planar Shepherd with Dal Quor as her chosen plane (Flavor reasons -- I think Kalashtar and Dal Quor are super cool -- not for the breakability) and am looking for the planar specifics of Dal Quor? What book might I find this in?

The_Snark
2012-04-11, 01:39 AM
It's in the Eberron Campaign Setting, page 94.

And unfortunately, the Planar Bubble class ability sort of breaks the game by default when used with Dal Quor; it's the flowing time trait that does it. I'd advise you to either work with your DM to alter it a little (maybe it's like Time Stop, and you can't affect anything outside the bubble?), or else just refrain from abusing the flowing time trait in combat.

Daftendirekt
2012-04-11, 01:49 AM
It's in the Eberron Campaign Setting, page 94.

And unfortunately, the Planar Bubble class ability sort of breaks the game by default when used with Dal Quor; it's the flowing time trait that does it. I'd advise you to either work with your DM to alter it a little (maybe it's like Time Stop, and you can't affect anything outside the bubble?), or else just refrain from abusing the flowing time trait in combat.

Thanks a bunch. Also, we're starting at level 7 so I won't even have that yet. 3 more levels till I'd even have access to it. And, yeah, I'll probably talk to him about it.

FearlessGnome
2012-04-11, 05:13 AM
Dal Quor, unfortunately, have a total population of zero magical beasts, so the Magical Beast wildshape ability is wasted. Which is a shame.

Consider proposing that the bubble does not change the flow of time. You still get free flight for your party out of it, but your DM won't be offended that you would try to break the game.

Outsider Wildshape does eventually give some forms, but only very obsure ones hiding out in the various Eberron books. Unless it's very much the flavour you want to go for, I'd pick a plane that actually has magical beasts, or pick one of the fey planes and ask to swap it for 'fey wildshape', or etc etc.